Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR AUGUST 23, 2010

Welcome to the Code Cracker/Conquer Board!!!

Please look over this post for helpful links and suggestions!

This is a continuation of the Wendy Chant “Crack the Fat-Loss Code” & "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" WOE Challenge Board! Please refer to prior challenge threads and the Other Diets board for general diet information and pick up the book, "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" or "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" for full diet information, guidelines, cycling schedules, sample menus, menu logs and more!

Whether you are just starting with the Cycle 1, Week 1 Carb Deplete or you are somewhere along the way, jump on in!! There are people at all levels of the Wendy Chant Way in here. This is a great group of helpful people who will be a great resource and support group for you.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself or select a pair of slacks to judge your losses by – you can choose whether you want to report your stats to the group or not … up to you … but you definitely need a measure of your progress.

Since we have so many levels, it's helpful when you ask questions or claim braggin' rights, if you mention in your postings what cycle, week and day you are on! Especially since the first weeks do have some restrictions that the latter weeks don’t.

Be sure to post tips and such too – especially if you’ve already been doing CTFLC for awhile now! And don't forget to share your menus! That is helpful for others, but also a good measure for others to help you should you encounter any problems yourself!

This is the place to share your weight loss successes, your personal story, your mistakes, grab some support, give some support ... whatever it is. We're here for you and each other. It really is a great group. Sooooo, how 'bout we get Crackin'/Conquering?! LET'S DO THIS!!!

BASIC INFO

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...july-08-a.html FIRST 6 POSTS VERY HELPFUL

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...loss-code.html ORIGINAL THREAD

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-code-faq.html FAQ

PREVIOUS WEEK'S THREAD

WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR AUGUST 16, 2010

MENUS AND RECIPES

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ant-menus.html

Crack The Fat Loss Code - Recipes

****CTFLC PLANNERS - THAT ROSE MADE AND SHARES WITH US- SEND EMAIL TO

mcjful@hotmail DOT com

This is based on the 8-week program from "Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. This board is open to any and all “Code Crackers” who are at any Cycle, any Week of the CTFLC program, whether it’s Cycle 1, Week 1 or Cycle 4, Week 8 or somewhere in between, and to those who are curious to watch and learn.

In brief, the 8 week program is divided into four cycles.

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle – WEEK 1
This is the toughest week! For 7 days you will be restricting certain foods – mostly carbs – in order to manipulate the glycogen stored in the muscle. During this cycle you’ll be shutting off the body’s dependence on sugar and also teach it where to find the fat stores for energy! This week you will be counting carbs very closely so your veggies are somewhat limited and fats are more focused on the good fats. But, if you carefully follow the cycle you will never have to count carbs again!

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle – WEEKS 2-4

Now you’ll move into what is called the Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to slowly re-introduce carbs into your life, teaching the body to burn fat while slowing down the adaptive response. During week 2, you will begin to bring most of the foods that you consume regularly back into your daily meals. You will see less rigidity in the meal plans—and more substitutions. For best results, it is recommended that you continue to abstain from alcohol on carb-up days during Week 2. During Week 3, you will have two carb-up days, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. After this week is the best time to add in sweets and alcohol on your carb-up days.

*There are 3 kinds of days in Cycle 2.

Baseline Days

This is where you are teaching your body to adapt. You will be taking in the basic nutrients your body needs through proteins, you’ll take in good fats, but you’ll be adding in one starchy food at two different meals in your day, so long as you eat them before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Down Days

These are days where you will have a more minimal starch intake to force your body to use fat as an energy source. One these days you will still get your fats from good fat sources, and you will consume one starch before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Up Days

This is where you will increase your starches to stoke the metabolic rate and give the body what it needs for repair and growth. Your last 2 meals on this day will be primarily carbs! Yes, you can splurge on those usual forbidden foods – bread, desserts, pizza and even alcohol. We call these days Food Passes and you have two of them a week, typically on Wednesdays and Sundays, but the beauty of this plan is that you can adjust these Carb Up Days as needed for special occasions, making it very convenient and totally interchangeable.

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle – WEEKS 5 & 6

For the 3rd cycle, you will begin to pick up the pace! You will continue to follow the same types of days that you did with the Macro-Patterning Cycle, but you will change how they are cycled in order to increase the body’s use of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle – WEEKS 7 & 8

The 4th cycle is all about teaching your body to reset back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During this cycle you will get 2 new days – a cheat day where you can have any food you like – including any carbs you’ve missed, and you’ll also get a High-Carb Day where you have clean starches all throughout your day. If you have made your goal by this week, you will use this cycle to maintain. If you seek to continue your weight loss, you will restart your program at Cycle 2.

Let's get crackin'!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmauve
Stats: 222.5/205
WOE: Crash the Fat Code
Start Date: 03/08/2010
Hello everyone.This is my last week of vacation and will start this WOE in ernest next week.
Hope everyone had a great summer.I had two of my grandkids for weekend and it didn't last near long enough.They are two boys 12 and 14.Great kids.
Welcome all newbies.Sylvia
missmauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schnauzer_grl
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 07/19/2010
Have a great week everyone.
I haven't been posting much, but I've been keeping up date with everyone.
Congrats on all the losses and other non scale victories. The fall semester begins today at the university I work at...and the next few weeks will be extremely hectic. In addition, my 2 1/2 year old computer decided to give up the ghost last week and I'm still waiting to hear from tech support about the necessary repairs so no posting from home for a bit. Ahhhh gotta love a product that's well made no?
Hydrate!!!!
schnauzer_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Greetings all,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

I am with Sylvia, another week or two of maintenance and then I am going to start another round of crack.

Have a super duper day!
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hi Everyone! A brand new Monday: week 5 for me! Thank you Mary- i do have to be reminded from time to time that slower is better and purrmanent~!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Hey Debbie, when you start another round: do we do the carb deplete again? I am wondering if I was not perfect during that cycle if I should start again? or what is the protocol when you have a lot more to lose?
thanks for all insights!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hey Debbie, when you start another round: do we do the carb deplete again? I am wondering if I was not perfect during that cycle if I should start again? or what is the protocol when you have a lot more to lose?
thanks for all insights!
Oh no, you never have to do a deplete week again. See page 155. You have to do at least 2 weeks of maintenance before restarting.

The book is kind of confusing. The first week I do 5 carb down days in a row, Monday through Friday. Saturday I do a carp up because at that point I really need it an then Sunday I do a baseline. Then the second week I jump right into week 2 and follow the plan for the 8 weeks. I think Mary may do it a bit differently.

I needed to take the summer off and prove to myself that I could maintain. I am up about 2 pounds. All things considered, not too bad!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleBee View Post
The first week I do 5 carb down days in a row, Monday through Friday. Saturday I do a carp up because at that point I really need it an then Sunday I do a baseline. Then the second week I jump right into week 2 and follow the plan for the 8 weeks. I think Mary may do it a bit differently.
This was exactly as Wendy instructed us to do (this was the "new" week 2) then you went on to week 3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this way either. BUT as you have stated you MUST do at LEAST 2 weeks of maintenance.
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh no, you never have to do a deplete week again. See page 155. You have to do at least 2 weeks of maintenance before restarting.

The book is kind of confusing. The first week I do 5 carb down days in a row, Monday through Friday. Saturday I do a carp up because at that point I really need it an then Sunday I do a baseline. Then the second week I jump right into week 2 and follow the plan for the 8 weeks. I think Mary may do it a bit differently.

I needed to take the summer off and prove to myself that I could maintain. I am up about 2 pounds. All things considered, not too bad!
So even with about 50 lbs to go, I you think I don't need to do the deplete again? I wonder if I should just to be sure I did it right? since, I was following the book, not counting the carbs in the vegs etc, just carbs in the shakes and cottage cheese.. so I wonder......
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So even with about 50 lbs to go, I you think I don't need to do the deplete again? I wonder if I should just to be sure I did it right? since, I was following the book, not counting the carbs in the vegs etc, just carbs in the shakes and cottage cheese.. so I wonder......
Hey I am with you.I need to lose about 50 more pounds and so I will not do deplete again but do 5 carb downs and then a carb up and then a baseline and then on to week 3.I am anxious to start.Sylvia
Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jbond
Okay, I had a rough few days. We had something going non-stop this weekend and I have to admit that I cheated. I am back on today and I am doing what Mary suggested - 5 carb down days. I've realized that this diet can be hard when you are on the road a lot like I am. What do you do for an afternoon meal when all you have to choose from is the convenience store?
jbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond View Post
Okay, I had a rough few days. We had something going non-stop this weekend and I have to admit that I cheated. I am back on today and I am doing what Mary suggested - 5 carb down days. I've realized that this diet can be hard when you are on the road a lot like I am. What do you do for an afternoon meal when all you have to choose from is the convenience store?
Don't beat yourself up Sweetie, we have all been there. This WOE is easy to pick right back up.

The only thing I can think of, is to plan ahead. You can always have a pre packaged protein shake. A turkey roll up if you have a small cooler. I'll keep thinking.......
Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Don;t be so hard on yourself remember this is a forgiving WOE.Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and away you go.
Planning is the key when on the road.How about always having a selection of nuts on hand.How about some Cheerios.Raw vegs can be kept in a small insulated lunch bag.You are doing great so keep up the good work.Sylvia
Old 08-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up Sweetie, we have all been there. This WOE is easy to pick right back up.

The only thing I can think of, is to plan ahead. You can always have a pre packaged protein shake. A turkey roll up if you have a small cooler. I'll keep thinking.......
Thanks Debbie!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmauve View Post
Don;t be so hard on yourself remember this is a forgiving WOE.Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and away you go.
Planning is the key when on the road.How about always having a selection of nuts on hand.How about some Cheerios.Raw vegs can be kept in a small insulated lunch bag.You are doing great so keep up the good work.Sylvia
Thanks Sylvia! The tips and words of encouragement are very much appreciated!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Josh it's OKAY - If you were really bad you only need to do 2 or 3 carb down days. If just "off" on days - just go forward. As everyone has already stated this is a VERY forgiving program. BTW I haven't found anything in the convenience store that will work for me except pre-made shakes.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is doing well and you all have a great weekend.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Also, som quick check and other convenience stores sell hardboiled eggs: those and a salad rock.... turkey deli meat.... but I know what you mean, sometimes I am so hungry, and walk around a store or whatever lost.... but determination! Like Lil Bee says, carry some low carb shakes with you.. the kind in the little cardboard boxes.... that will help a lot....also KFC now has grilled chicken, I can pull in and just buy a grilled breast for 2.99 in a pinch....
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thanks bebe! I admit, the book is still confusing to me. I read in the first half that 1 starch serving is 2 slices of EZ bread, then in the maint ( forever fit) section, it says to have only 1 slice.... It makes my head spin at times- I am so grateful for you guys to help us sort it all out!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hey all, I have another question: on the log sheets, it shows that starches are limited to potatoes, beans, ez bread, or oatmeal respectively; but then on page 110, on a carb up day, it shows 1/2 a regular bagel with eggs for breakfast? This is confusing, I thought we were only supposed to have things NOT on the starchy list later under the SA category?

thoughts?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

oh- I feel my progress is slowing, ( not enough exercise- my own fault) but I appreciate that the forgiving nature and workability of this plan works- and is purrmanent! So I am sticking with. I think I have only lost about 4 lbs over the last two weeks: but! that is FOUR lbs I am not carrying around anymore!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey all, I have another question: on the log sheets, it shows that starches are limited to potatoes, beans, ez bread, or oatmeal respectively; but then on page 110, on a carb up day, it shows 1/2 a regular bagel with eggs for breakfast? This is confusing, I thought we were only supposed to have things NOT on the starchy list later under the SA category?

thoughts?
Bagels are allowed on CARB UP day. Remember carb up days are all about carbs not normally allowed.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks bebe! I admit, the book is still confusing to me. I read in the first half that 1 starch serving is 2 slices of EZ bread, then in the maint ( forever fit) section, it says to have only 1 slice.... It makes my head spin at times- I am so grateful for you guys to help us sort it all out!
Laure where exactly did you read this? Wendy always told us 2 slices of EZ bread unless you were having the Cinnamon raisin then it was only 1 slice. After almost 2 years I did not know this so I would like to "see" it - it may have been one of Numerous errors that were overlooked in editing.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pommychic
Stats: Start/68kgs/GW59kgs
WOE: WW
Start Date: April 2011
Hi everyone.. sorry I have been absent for a while. I have not been doing too well lately. I have fallen off the wagon to tell you the truth. There have been so many social occasions lately and I have been desperately trying to keep following the plan... but failing. I am finding that the weekends are a killer and I have been doing so well during the week and keeping to the rules on top of the exercising.. come the weekend I am finding myself eating stuff I shouldnt and thinking "what the hell". I have also felt a little low that I finally weighed myself and although my clothes feel a LOT looser, I have lost NO weight whatsoever since starting this plan three weeks ago. So maybe that is causing the demotivation.

I NEED and WANT to get back on track but I have no idea where to start.. carb deplete? I need to adjust this plan to suit me and suit the way my brain wants to throw everything out of the window come 5pm on a Friday and so I can have the treats at the weekend otherwise I will be in the same situation in the next couple of weeks.

Also I have joined up a Biggest Loser competition at work which is geared up around having weekly weigh in's. I suppose I should up the cardio and reduce the weight training should I?
pommychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommychic View Post
Hi everyone.. sorry I have been absent for a while. I have not been doing too well lately. I have fallen off the wagon to tell you the truth. There have been so many social occasions lately and I have been desperately trying to keep following the plan... but failing. I am finding that the weekends are a killer and I have been doing so well during the week and keeping to the rules on top of the exercising.. come the weekend I am finding myself eating stuff I shouldnt and thinking "what the hell". I have also felt a little low that I finally weighed myself and although my clothes feel a LOT looser, I have lost NO weight whatsoever since starting this plan three weeks ago. So maybe that is causing the demotivation.

I NEED and WANT to get back on track but I have no idea where to start.. carb deplete? I need to adjust this plan to suit me and suit the way my brain wants to throw everything out of the window come 5pm on a Friday and so I can have the treats at the weekend otherwise I will be in the same situation in the next couple of weeks.

Also I have joined up a Biggest Loser competition at work which is geared up around having weekly weigh in's. I suppose I should up the cardio and reduce the weight training should I?
Don't beat yourself up it's okay! I would do 3 or 4 carb down days then jump right back on with week 4.
Wendy Chant always said this was a "fat" loss program not necessarily a "weight" loss plan.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

As we have only made 25 posts this week I will not make a new weekly thread but just continue with this one.

Hope everyone has a Fantastic week!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I was camping again this weeked at a National Park right on Lake Michigan. The weather was so beautiful.

I am gearing up to start over! I'm looking at starting 5 carb down days. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hugs,
Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:

Hi, Just make sure you keep checking the board!
It really helps to read the posts.
And the fact that you have not gained, while socializing that much means you are doing ok.
I think otherwise you would have gained, right?
Do carb down as much as you can during the week till things slow down.
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You said it yourself; you are not losing because you are not following the 8 week program. You seam to be maintaining and following a modified maintenance cycle. If you can change your weekend menus, I think you will start to lose. By not gaining, this proves that when you get the weight off, you will be able to keep it off. Give this WOE a chance. You can do it!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was camping again this weeked at a National Park right on Lake Michigan. The weather was so beautiful.

I am gearing up to start over! I'm looking at starting 5 carb down days. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hugs,
Good luck Debbie.You know the drill and you have the tools.Sylvia