Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Weight Watchers Rock Stars - August Edition

Hi - I have done so/so the past month... it has been so hot and humid and I have not been going to my health club to do my water aerobics.... I know I feel better when I go... but.....

and then today...I fell.... yes, after work going to a shop... and I guess I missed the curb... and I scraped my elbow and twisted my left ankle and foot. could hardy walk on it... my sister is a RN... so she doctored me up.. the problem is I have two more days to work this week... and my job I do walking and climbing alot of stairs... so I am going to take some more pain meds and go to bed.. and hope that I will be able to walk tomorrow.. will go in and see if the boss will let me work... darn.... hate it that this happened to me.. but I am glad that I did not break anything...

hope everyone is doing well......

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
D,
sorry you haven't been to your workout class.

owie on the fall. I hope you feel better.

no walking for me. i will start walking again september 1st when my little on is in school. it's too hot to walk outside and now with the twins, the heat kills me even more.

gotta get ready for my hair appt. talk with you soon and those that will be on when I come back home.
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Melodye
Stats: 209/199/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Good Morning!!!

Just checkin in. Sorry you hurt your ankle Diana.I suffer with my back so I know all about pain. I am doing good with the weight watchers.I am just waiting to get below300.I'm all most there. I may start going to the meetings.I don't know if I will like it or not.I just been following the books and I've lost 33 pounds .Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Melodye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Oh by the way, Kaimi, I bet you are hot.When are your twins due??? I had both my girls in July. they are now 13 and 10.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #5

Hi Melodye,
They are due in Feb. but with twins it's possible to have in January. Keeping fingers crossed it's the later...
Congrats on losing 33 pounds. I did WW with meetings and without meetings because right now I live in Europe for 5 years so I've kept my weight off w/o meetings. It can be done if you just do the program. I could stand to lose about 10 more pounds but will worry about that later after the babies are born. We have a 6 year old that will be starting 1st grade and it's hard to believe how fast they grow up!

"What you eat in private is what you wear in public."
Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Kaimi,I hope you carry them to Feb. or just as long as they need to be ,so they will be healthy. I love babies.I use to work in labor an delivery.I loved it.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Melodye - you can do it........ I was once over 300 lbs...never again..... I lost 62 pounds on WW... it has been hard this summer...... I have lost some more weight but not as much as I wanted........

my ankle and my elbow still hurt... have been off work for four days... will go back to work tomorrow..... hope that my foot can stand all the walking and climbing stairs.... wish me luck....

Kaimi - hope everything goes well for you and the twins......

everyone have a great WW day...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Pawleys14- Thanks for the encouragement.I have lost 37 pounds so far. I love this woe, it allows you to eat anything you want but then you are accountable for it ,by counting points. However,we have switched to wheat bread, brown rice ,fat free salad dressing and other healthier choices. I feel much better.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
do you guys go to meetings
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Dasiey-I haven't went to any meeting yet.Been doing it on my own.But, I think the meetings would be good.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
do you guys go to meetings
No meetings for me either for about 2+ years. I was doing it on my own because I live in Europe and no WW meetings here and besides, they would be in Italian anyways.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Save_A_K9
Stats: 30 months total -120lbs- 326/211/163
Start Date: WW-1/12/09
Hey everyone! I have been MIA on this thread but still OP. I am struggling right now with a self induced stall. I remain OP but my exercise is really lacking and that keeps me at the same weight. Sounds like everyone is working it and doing good.
Diana~So sorry to hear about the fall. Are you feeling better? An injury while your are trying to stay OP is a pain.
Kami~WOW preggo with twins. Congrats!! I can't imagine trying to walk around in this oppressive heat packing twins in utero. Find something to do inside.
Melody~looks like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. WW works. I started just a few lbs. under your starting weight 18 months ago. I have lost 107 lbs. since then. The journey is long but with the right support it is completely attainable.
Daisey~I do meetings and use all the online tools including the iphone app. I have built some great relationships at meetings but as noted from some of the others it is doable by the books etc. Using online groups like this also helps.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and remains OP.

Denial Does Not Change Reality
Save_A_K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone..... so went back to work for the past three days.....was really hard..... in pain....... off today... but working tomorrow ....

I now have three black bruises on my left foot.... on both sides and now right under my toes.... about five years ago.. I broke that bone just under my toes... and maybe now I have rebroken it... so putting ice on it...

it has been hard for me on WW the past month..... just do not know what the heck is wrong with me I want this sooo much.. and then I mess it up and trying to get back on track....

I ordered "Zumba" and of course it came after I had hurt my foot so can not try it yet... I did take one class at my health club of Zumba... and really did like it... but the teacher did alot of turns..and with my sinus trouble just do not do well with alot of turns.. felt dizzy and the Zumba program I ordered does not show alot of turns... I started watching the first disc.. and the moves look simple and easy... just like dancing.. love to dance.. so when my foot gets better.. I will start this and still do my water aerobics.... which I have not done since I hurt this darn foot.... want to get back in the water.. maybe I will go this evening.. and just get in the water and relax....

everyone have a great WW day... love ya all.......
Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Diana- Sorry about your foot. Pain is no fun.
Fran-WB,thanks for the encouragement,How long did it take you to lose the 107 pounds?

I love this program. It comes off slower than most plans but it stays off.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
Reg
I see everything as points

Gallery: Reg
Stats: 247/203/172 (165 Doctor's Rec, 124-155 WW's goal)
WOE: WI: Thursday
Start Date: 01/09/08
popping in to say
Reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Save_A_K9
Stats: 30 months total -120lbs- 326/211/163
Start Date: WW-1/12/09
Melodye~it has been 18 months since I started WW.
Diana~Hope that foot gets better fast.
Reg~Hello back at ya'

Hope everyone has a good WI. I missed mine tonight because I am purchasing a new car and was stuck at the dealership. I will go tomorrow instead.
Save_A_K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimdays
Stats: 286/246.4/236
WOE: Way of life:Weight Watchers Momentum plan wi: Tues
Start Date: Lifetime since 1973/ 1-22-2008
Hey Reg.... good to see you here again! We have missed you. Hope all is well.
slimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #18
Reg

Hello ROCKSTARS !!

I hope you gals have been well. Sorry to be MIA.....thanks for the messages. I am struggling with WW but I'm not giving up. It was good to come back here and see my gallery....i forgot how good i looked. I gained back some weight but have had 4 successful weeks recently. I went to a 2nd meeting one week (with my first leader) and she suggested to the group that we make a goal for the 7-8 weeks before the kids go back to school. That's what I needed.....a small obtainable goal. I didnt put a "number" of pounds on my goal....I just didnt want to gain any weight. it's hard with the kids home for the summer....everything is about a party, bbq, playdate, snacks, icecream man, etc, and I dont do well at gatherings other than at my house, lol. Some times I dont feel comfortable bringing my own food to certain houses.

Do you gals have any good recipes to share? Has anyone tried the brownies with the beans? AMAZING...and I HATE beans, LOL. I'm gonna check the recipe thread to see if there's anything new to try.

Diana.....hope your foot is feeling better. I am afraid to ZUMBA, lol.

Melodye....GREAT job so far....33# on your own !! That is SUPER !!

Kaimi.....Congrats on your pregnancy. My bday is Feb 4 and you are more than welcome to use the date for your twins. My kids are 11 & 8 and it seems like yesterday they were born !! When does 1st grade start ?? Good luck !!

dasiey....I go to at least 1 meeting a week....I like to go to a 2nd one to get new ideas. The topic is usually the same, but the members input if often different.

Fran....you look amazing....I checked out your gallery....I too took a very brave "before" photo. I was embarrassed initially but I am glad I took it. Stick with it....you know you can do it !! You have accomplished so much !!

Carol.....how are ya? "See you in September...."

So......believe it or not, I joined a Gym in January. Yep, I said I never would, but I did and I LOVE it. The elliptical is my friend !! When I started I could barely do it. I started at 3 minutes and thought I was going to die. I eventually worked my way up to an hour at level 6. Now I do level 12 set to "random" difficulty for 20-30 minutes depending on my mood. I also do the bike for 20-30 minutes and about 6 weight machines. My routine takes about an hour (4APs) It's a no frills gym.....not many Barbie Dolls in make up and designer work out gear, LOL.

Have a good day all !! I will try to check in daily....gotta get back into the swing of things with a message board.....I've been sucked into Facebook like it's a drug....that's where I've been.

Have an OP day !!

Working on a healthy relationship with food
Old 08-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Reg,Wb to this post.I'm a newbie to this post.But,I think its great to have some friends doing the same woe.I am going to start the meetings once everything settles down here.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Reg - wow so glad to hear from ya..... we have all missed ya......
great news on going to a gym I love my water arobics.... I hope when I have lost some more weight that I will get back to the bikes, and the other machines......

my foot is starting to feel better.... it just will take time.......

everyone have a great WW day... love ya all
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi Reg:

So glad you are back. Elliptical s have become my friends too. I had a knee injury several months back and Elliptical s are what the doctor prescribed. I know what you mean about how it was at first. I could only do 2 minutes and I thot I was gonna die. I figured that I would congratulate myself if I ever was able to do 15 mins. I am doing 15 mins now and 5 on another elliptical that I just started and 20 on the recumbent bike. I do weights for my arms.

I joined Planet Fitness and I was able to transfer my membership to my summer location and I will be transferring back here in the fall. It is the best deal for $10 a month. I love it.

I got weighed in today and I lost .6 !! I was surprised because I expected a gain. I did the happy dance.

Home due to the rain. I will go back to the cottage as soon as I know the sun is coming back out. ttyl, slimdays - Carol

I also have another blog at blogspot:
http://carol-prazr.blogspot.com/

Do you want to eat what you want or wear what you want?

Hoping to make 50 lbs lost by Fourth of July
Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
Reg - wow so glad to hear from ya..... we have all missed ya......
great news on going to a gym I love my water arobics.... I hope when I have lost some more weight that I will get back to the bikes, and the other machines......
I am registering for an "Aquacize" class with a few BFFs. It is run thru our school district and the pool is about 250' from my front door. It's an 8 week class that starts in October (indoor pool, of course). It's a 90 minute class. Looking forward to it !!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdays View Post
Hi Reg:

I am doing 15 mins now and 5 on another elliptical that I just started and 20 on the recumbent bike. I do weights for my arms.

I joined Planet Fitness and I was able to transfer my membership to my summer location and I will be transferring back here in the fall. It is the best deal for $10 a month. I love it.
Sounds like we do pretty much the same stuff.. GO US I joined Fitness 19 and pay $15.

Quote:
I got weighed in today and I lost .6 !! I was surprised because I expected a gain. I did the happy dance.
Sounds good to me . Good job !!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Hi Reg: The Aquacize class sounds great! So nice that you are so close to the pool too. I bet that will help you a lot.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #25
Reg

Quote:
Hi Reg: The Aquacize class sounds great! So nice that you are so close to the pool too. I bet that will help you a lot.
I like the elliptical because it's easy on my joints (bad knee and ankle). I can't believe how it makes my aches and pains go away. I would have never believed it unless I tired it. I'm really looking forward to the pool.....there are 3 of us joining together....should be fun.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hi Reg. I was using my treadmill at home for several years. But my surgeon told me to stop using that. He does not want the pounding on my knee. Ellipticals do not pound. They sure kick your ass tho. I like it now. You get maximum benefit for minimum effort.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #27
Reg

Here's a Filling Foods master list for everyone.

http://http://www.weightwatchers.com...oodList_US.pdf
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #28
Reg

Good Morning, ROCKSTARS !!

Hope everyone had an OP day. I did.....and even had cake !! I kinda skipped dinner and had a smoothie instead (18g protein) but that works for me and I am not ravenous (sp) this morning so it's all good.

I havent gotten to the gym yet this morning....woke up and my eyes are all blood shot so I took an allergy pill.....hopefully it'll clear up....I look kinda vampire-ish, lol.

Not much planned for today......day 3 of rain here in NY.

Have a GREAT OP day, and I'll check back in a bit to see how everyone is doing today.

Reg
Old 08-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #29
Reg

Quote:
You get maximum benefit for minimum effort.
I know.....I used to do a lot of outdoors walking....I would sweat, but NOTHING like on the elllipitial and my heart rate gets into the target range much quicker. I call it "more bang for your buck", LOL.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!!! Having a good day so far. I have never been on a elliptical machine before,only cause I don't know how to use it.I think I would like it if I tried it.September 1,I start back to the ymca and my water aerobics class.looking forward to that.
Well,I hope everyone has a great day!!!