Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Anyone starting classic PP? Let's do it together! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/684351-anyone-starting-classic-pp-lets-do-together.html)

tenpets 07-24-2010 04:25 PM

Anyone starting classic PP? Let's do it together!

Hello,

I'd love to start a new thread for everyone just starting classic PP. :clap:

I'm just starting PP today. I've done Atkins in the past and tried Fat Flush. I decided that PP is closer to how I naturally eat, so I'm going with that. I'm 47 and like to exercise. I lost 30 lb last summer and have kept it off. I'm currently 166.5 and aiming for 145. According to PP calculations, my target weight should be 148-160. I think that's a bit high, but my lean body weight is 115.5, so I guess 145 is okay. I'll see how I look when I get there!:)

So, anyone out there who's interested?

JKat 07-26-2010 03:07 AM

I have not decided yet what plan I am going to do. I am 41yrs old and have a tough time maintaining my weight this past year. Thats without changing my habits. Atkins and going back to induction did not wk well for me. I have just recently had bld wk drawn for hypothyroidism. So we will see if thats a factor.

I do want to shake things up. I will follow along with you.

tenpets 07-26-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKat (Post 13728026)
I have not decided yet what plan I am going to do. I am 41yrs old and have a tough time maintaining my weight this past year. Thats without changing my habits. Atkins and going back to induction did not wk well for me. I have just recently had bld wk drawn for hypothyroidism. So we will see if thats a factor.

I do want to shake things up. I will follow along with you.

Hello!:welcome:

Have you read the original protein power book yet? I think this plan is much more "normal" to me than the stricter Atkins. I can certainly live/eat like this for life. That's really the most important factor, I think, in choosing a way to eat. Plus, my 6'4" 165 lb husband (yes, a string bean at 48! Opposites really so attract) really enjoys the delicious foods...lean meats, veggies, fruit, and a little wine.:cool: We still have two of our three kids at home (sons in college 20 and 23) and they like the foods, too.

I have had hypothyroidism for 5 years and was tossed into menopause at age 37 (surgically).:down: So, I have quite a few cards stacked against me and each year becomes more of a challenge. However, I have found that living low carb is the only way of eating that keeps fluid retention down to nil, my energy up, and the weight coming off (albeit MUCH slower than in my early 30s).

I also find that weight lifting works very well to help take off weight and make me leaner and smaller. I use the Chalene Extreme DVD set and find it doable in the mornings before work. I have continued to use it for over a year, which really says something. It's doable and it works. I also bike ride and walk/jog whenever I have the time.

I'm happy to have you doing this along with me! Support really helps me stay on target. I hope we get a few others to join us, too.

Becky

JKat 07-26-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenpets (Post 13728381)
Hello!:welcome:

Have you read the original protein power book yet? I think this plan is much more "normal" to me than the stricter Atkins. I can certainly live/eat like this for life. That's really the most important factor, I think, in choosing a way to eat. Plus, my 6'4" 165 lb husband (yes, a string bean at 48! Opposites really so attract) really enjoys the delicious foods...lean meats, veggies, fruit, and a little wine.:cool: We still have two of our three kids at home (sons in college 20 and 23) and they like the foods, too.

I have had hypothyroidism for 5 years and was tossed into menopause at age 37 (surgically).:down: So, I have quite a few cards stacked against me and each year becomes more of a challenge. However, I have found that living low carb is the only way of eating that keeps fluid retention down to nil, my energy up, and the weight coming off (albeit MUCH slower than in my early 30s).

I also find that weight lifting works very well to help take off weight and make me leaner and smaller. I use the Chalene Extreme DVD set and find it doable in the mornings before work. I have continued to use it for over a year, which really says something. It's doable and it works. I also bike ride and walk/jog whenever I have the time.

I'm happy to have you doing this along with me! Support really helps me stay on target. I hope we get a few others to join us, too.

Becky

Hi Becky

I am readng protein lifeplan and 6week cure at the moment.

I have never done chalene but know it looks like a really intense workout. I follow a program called t-tapping by teresa tapp. I really love her program.

I would love the support. I have been flapping along for a while now and really just interested in losing a few and learning to maintain my weight again. The funny thing is that for 8years I had no problem doing that on atkins. I went all the way up the rungs. I am thinking that now I just need a bit of stucture and maybe a bit more carbs but controlled. If this does not wk then I am determined to find what will. My fear is waking up 40 pounds heavier!!! I will not let that happen!!

I have two wonderful girls.. 12, and 7....The keep me busy.

tenpets 07-30-2010 08:23 AM

Interesting, I've gained 2 lb, but my clothes are feeling looser and my swelling is down to 0. Hmmm. I plan to eat like this for life (only increasing good carbs as I am near my goal, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Becky