Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR JULY 19, 2010

Welcome to the Code Cracker/Conquer Board!!!

Please look over this post for helpful links and suggestions!

This is a continuation of the Wendy Chant “Crack the Fat-Loss Code” & "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" WOE Challenge Board! Please refer to prior challenge threads and the Other Diets board for general diet information and pick up the book, "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" or "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" for full diet information, guidelines, cycling schedules, sample menus, menu logs and more!

Whether you are just starting with the Cycle 1, Week 1 Carb Deplete or you are somewhere along the way, jump on in!! There are people at all levels of the Wendy Chant Way in here. This is a great group of helpful people who will be a great resource and support group for you.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself or select a pair of slacks to judge your losses by – you can choose whether you want to report your stats to the group or not … up to you … but you definitely need a measure of your progress.

Since we have so many levels, it's helpful when you ask questions or claim braggin' rights, if you mention in your postings what cycle, week and day you are on! Especially since the first weeks do have some restrictions that the latter weeks don’t.

Be sure to post tips and such too – especially if you’ve already been doing CTFLC for awhile now! And don't forget to share your menus! That is helpful for others, but also a good measure for others to help you should you encounter any problems yourself!

This is the place to share your weight loss successes, your personal story, your mistakes, grab some support, give some support ... whatever it is. We're here for you and each other. It really is a great group. Sooooo, how 'bout we get Crackin'/Conquering?! LET'S DO THIS!!!

BASIC INFO

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...july-08-a.html FIRST SIX (6) POSTS VERY HELPFUL

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...loss-code.html ORIGINAL THREAD

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-code-faq.html FAQ

PREVIOUS THREAD

WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR JULY 12, 2010

MENUS AND RECIPES

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ant-menus.html

Crack The Fat Loss Code - Recipes

****CTFLC PLANNERS - THAT ROSE MADE AND SHARES WITH US- SEND EMAIL TO

mcjful@hotmail DOT com

This is based on the 8-week program from "Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. This board is open to any and all “Code Crackers” who are at any Cycle, any Week of the CTFLC program, whether it’s Cycle 1, Week 1 or Cycle 4, Week 8 or somewhere in between, and to those who are curious to watch and learn.

In brief, the 8 week program is divided into four cycles.

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle – WEEK 1
This is the toughest week! For 7 days you will be restricting certain foods – mostly carbs – in order to manipulate the glycogen stored in the muscle. During this cycle you’ll be shutting off the body’s dependence on sugar and also teach it where to find the fat stores for energy! This week you will be counting carbs very closely so your veggies are somewhat limited and fats are more focused on the good fats. But, if you carefully follow the cycle you will never have to count carbs again!

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle – WEEKS 2-4

Now you’ll move into what is called the Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to slowly re-introduce carbs into your life, teaching the body to burn fat while slowing down the adaptive response. During week 2, you will begin to bring most of the foods that you consume regularly back into your daily meals. You will see less rigidity in the meal plans—and more substitutions. For best results, it is recommended that you continue to abstain from alcohol on carb-up days during Week 2. During Week 3, you will have two carb-up days, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. After this week is the best time to add in sweets and alcohol on your carb-up days.

*There are 3 kinds of days in Cycle 2.

Baseline Days

This is where you are teaching your body to adapt. You will be taking in the basic nutrients your body needs through proteins, you’ll take in good fats, but you’ll be adding in one starchy food at two different meals in your day, so long as you eat them before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Down Days

These are days where you will have a more minimal starch intake to force your body to use fat as an energy source. One these days you will still get your fats from good fat sources, and you will consume one starch before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Up Days

This is where you will increase your starches to stoke the metabolic rate and give the body what it needs for repair and growth. Your last 2 meals on this day will be primarily carbs! Yes, you can splurge on those usual forbidden foods – bread, desserts, pizza and even alcohol. We call these days Food Passes and you have two of them a week, typically on Wednesdays and Sundays, but the beauty of this plan is that you can adjust these Carb Up Days as needed for special occasions, making it very convenient and totally interchangeable.

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle – WEEKS 5 & 6

For the 3rd cycle, you will begin to pick up the pace! You will continue to follow the same types of days that you did with the Macro-Patterning Cycle, but you will change how they are cycled in order to increase the body’s use of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle – WEEKS 7 & 8

The 4th cycle is all about teaching your body to reset back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During this cycle you will get 2 new days – a cheat day where you can have any food you like – including any carbs you’ve missed, and you’ll also get a High-Carb Day where you have clean starches all throughout your day. If you have made your goal by this week, you will use this cycle to maintain. If you seek to continue your weight loss, you will restart your program at Cycle 2.

Let's get crackin'!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: donnakd
WOE: WW
marking my spot....
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Have a great week everyone.
Mary thanks for the advice
Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Happy Monday. Hard boiled eggs and cucumbers for breakfast today. I hope it is not too hot so I can take a walk after work today. Have a great day everyone.
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stiney58
WOE: CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE
Start Date: NOVEMBER 9, 2009
Good Morning all...Week 3 and i have lost 5 pounds can we count the other ten i also lost before if so then i have lost a total of 15 and iam feeling wonderful ....my friend lost another 2 for a total of 14 .....my hardest time i think is in the evening when i am doing nothing i want to eat does anyone have any suggestions
stiney58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schnauzer_grl
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 07/19/2010
Morning everyone.
Day 1 of my new WOE!!!
I had a scrambled egg and egg whites with an ounce of low sodium turkey breast lunch meat crumbled in it.
Made a mistake yesterday and bought a box of truvia instead of Splenda thinking it would be healthier for me...should have checked the label more closesly...3g carbs/packet. Ugh.
So no coffee this morning....I had tea instead but so not the same!
Have a great week everyone!
schnauzer_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiney58 View Post
Good Morning all...Week 3 and i have lost 5 pounds can we count the other ten i also lost before if so then i have lost a total of 15 and iam feeling wonderful ....my friend lost another 2 for a total of 14 .....my hardest time i think is in the evening when i am doing nothing i want to eat does anyone have any suggestions
Edna you guys are doing GREAT!!! You just finished week 2 right? and you lost? That is FANTASTIC!!! Most people tend to gain a little in week 2 and not much in week 3 either BUT then start losing again.

Are you hungry in the evening? If so eat some protein.
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer_grl View Post
Morning everyone.
Day 1 of my new WOE!!!
I had a scrambled egg and egg whites with an ounce of low sodium turkey breast lunch meat crumbled in it.
Made a mistake yesterday and bought a box of truvia instead of Splenda thinking it would be healthier for me...should have checked the label more closesly...3g carbs/packet. Ugh.
So no coffee this morning....I had tea instead but so not the same!
Have a great week everyone!
So far so good! Have you tried some other brands of stevia? NuNaturals is pretty good.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Donna how well did you and your daughter do?

Debbie good to see you. You always have good advice for the newbies.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! I was SO ready for my carb this morning! I had power oatmeal but I tweeked the recipe a bit by using 3/4 scoop of vanilla protein mix and 1/4 scoop blueberry protein mix(just bought this bl protein drink mix last week from amazon--YUMMY!). It was good for a fruity taste. My weight is 198.4, so hopefully I will stay below 200. I sure hope I don't gain this week! I plan to add some exercise this week, so we will see what that does.

Edna--one of my favorite protein snacks is a slice of turkey with a sliver of cheese rolled inside, microwave just long enough to get the cheese melty, it is yummy. If you have a brick of cheese, and thinly slice it on the short side, and split that in half lengthwise, it is just the right size for a slice of turkey(I usually eat two). It is amazing to me how satisfying and GOOD such a simple snack is! (Along with being kinda comforting to me as my grandmother used to always put "lunch meat" in the microwave for a few seconds with a slice of cheese and make a sandwich with tomato, so it reminds me of her.)

I have a busy week so not sure how much I will check in but will try to keep up! Hope all of you have a great week!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Greetings, My suggestion is to keep busy. When I am busy, I don't snack. But I agree with Mary, if you do, Protein is an excellent choice. I think it wards off hunger and keeps it away. If you crave the crunch, have a stalk of celery stuffed with Laughing Cow cheese spread. You get the protein from the cheese and the crunch from the celery. If you need something sweet, have a protein shake and add some cinnamon to shake things up. The cinnamon is excellent with chocolate. Try nugmeg in Vanilla, it taste like egg nog.

Have an outstanding week!

Last edited by 1LittleBee; 07-19-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Donna,

I tried the power oats but could not get them down. So I eat the oatmeal with a hard boiled egg on the side. I'm not a fan of the yolks so I almost always pitch them. Your blueberry idea sounds good, now only if I liked the power oats!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lmblitz
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Start Date: 10-12-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnakd View Post
marking my spot....
Hi Donna, to answer your ? about attending WW and doing this WOE. I have been doing that since Oct '09. I did not share w/WW that I was doing this WOE, however, just this past Sat @ the meeting, the leader was explaining why people generally have a really good 1st week on WW. She said the body had to deplete itself of glycogen before it starts looking for other sources to deplete Sound familiar???

I attend the WW meeting EVERY Sat. morning @ 7am. It is a great support team and they give out great literature! Plus you get your weekly weigh-in. This combination definately works for me! I lost 40#s on Crack and am still going. I have lost a total of 57 #s between the 2 WOEs. Hope this helps!
lmblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmblitz View Post
Hi Donna, to answer your ? about attending WW and doing this WOE. I have been doing that since Oct '09. I did not share w/WW that I was doing this WOE, however, just this past Sat @ the meeting, the leader was explaining why people generally have a really good 1st week on WW. She said the body had to deplete itself of glycogen before it starts looking for other sources to deplete Sound familiar???

I attend the WW meeting EVERY Sat. morning @ 7am. It is a great support team and they give out great literature! Plus you get your weekly weigh-in. This combination definately works for me! I lost 40#s on Crack and am still going. I have lost a total of 57 #s between the 2 WOEs. Hope this helps!
Do you still count pounts, or no?? I love the accountability and fellowship of the meetings. Just trying to figure out how to merge the two. Thanks so much for your help/opinion!!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lmblitz
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Start Date: 10-12-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnakd View Post
Do you still count pounts, or no?? I love the accountability and fellowship of the meetings. Just trying to figure out how to merge the two. Thanks so much for your help/opinion!!!
I do not count points, I just go by what day it is on Crack. They still have good receipes and lots of great info at the meetings. You are welcome!
lmblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

the celery with cheese i thought the cheese is a fat and whenever you eat a fat you are to eat a protein same with a starch and same with the vegs.....correct me if i am wrong actually i am not hungry in the evening i just wasnt something ......i am going to try the turkey and cheese and seee if that does it would a protein shake be ok what do you think ......little bee i sent a email for those papers you said about but are they the same as the one mary has if so then i dont need them if they are different i would love them thanks again for all the advice and ideas......have a wonderful day
Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
the celery with cheese i thought the cheese is a fat and whenever you eat a fat you are to eat a protein same with a starch and same with the vegs.....correct me if i am wrong actually i am not hungry in the evening i just wasnt something ......i am going to try the turkey and cheese and seee if that does it would a protein shake be ok what do you think ......little bee i sent a email for those papers you said about but are they the same as the one mary has if so then i dont need them if they are different i would love them thanks again for all the advice and ideas......have a wonderful day
Edna, I did not receive your email. I have logs, I think Mary has planners. They are different. However, I did send the logs to Mary so I'm not sure if she sent both to you. My hotmail(dot)com account is talkingwithyou@
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

ok i sent you another email my email is stiney58@aol.com...thank you
Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmauve
Stats: 222.5/205
WOE: Crash the Fat Code
Start Date: 03/08/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleBee View Post
Happy Monday. Hard boiled eggs and cucumbers for breakfast today. I hope it is not too hot so I can take a walk after work today. Have a great day everyone.
I get up at about 5.30 or 6 am and find that if I walk then or go to Curves that it is nice and cool.If I wait until later there is always an excuse as to why I can;t do it and right now the heat is an awful good excuse.Sylvia
missmauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmauve View Post
I get up at about 5.30 or 6 am and find that if I walk then or go to Curves that it is nice and cool.If I wait until later there is always an excuse as to why I can;t do it and right now the heat is an awful good excuse.Sylvia
I get up at 5:30 so I can get to the office by 7:00. I did get out for a nice long walk at lunch. I work down town Milwaukee and we have a beautiful "River Walk" that follows the Milwaukee River. I like to walk at lunch when the weather is nice.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Donna - still in onederland! The blueberry powder sounds good.

Edna -cheese is a fat and you are suppose to eat protein with veggies and carbs. But a little celery w/a little cheese should be okay.

Hi Lisa and Sylvia!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

another question i got these logs and on my carb up day it says ps pa pvo sa or a and sa is that correct
Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
another question i got these logs and on my carb up day it says ps pa pvo sa or a and sa is that correct
Yes that is correct.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

See the Book, Page 110

Quote:
See page 110, Wendy has a "Type Key" at the bottom of the page.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmauve
Stats: 222.5/205
WOE: Crash the Fat Code
Start Date: 03/08/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleBee View Post
I get up at 5:30 so I can get to the office by 7:00. I did get out for a nice long walk at lunch. I work down town Milwaukee and we have a beautiful "River Walk" that follows the Milwaukee River. I like to walk at lunch when the weather is nice.
I also work at a building that backs on a river.It is cooler but it is way to hot to walk at lunch and I only get 30 minutes so I find the only cool part of day is earlier morning.It has been in high eighties for about 3 weeks now and humidex of 36 or so.Way tooo hot for this canuck.Sylvia
missmauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Hi, Good morning.
I was checking out an ad at the top of the window.
Is the guar gum powder the equivalent of xanthan gum powder?
I would like to use it in my protein drink.

This heat is really making it difficult for me to cook and eat correctly.
I hope it breaks soon.
The humidity is giving us feels like temps in the 100's, even here right by the water, on Narragansett Bay in RI.
Annette
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schnauzer_grl
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 07/19/2010
OK folks...HELP!
I must not be doing something right.
Day 1 yesterday..everything started out great. Followed plan for breakfast and lunch was drinking water water water (and running to the BR like a fiend! ).
And then yesterday around 3:30 I started to feel - for lack of a better description - wonky. Kinda nauseated, screaming headache and just sluggish, but not hungry. So I ate around 5:30 felt a bit better but couldn't bring my self to eat for the 4th time later and ended up going to bed around 10:00.
Felt better this morning until about an hour after my shower, nausea back in full force, dizzy and really hot. So I laid on the bed for about 10 minutes, it seemed to pass and I forced myself to eat the eggs I made.
I'm at work but still don't feel 100%. Has this happened to anyone else...what am I doing wrong? No, I'm not pregnant, I don't think it's a stomach virus, the only thing different in the equation is the new WOE. AND the fact that had no caffeine yesterday. Does your body react to caffeine withdrawal that fast??? The lack of caffeine was not intentional...did not have the right sugar sub for my coffee and just couldn't drink it straight.
The thought of eating in 45 minutes....
I'm concerned...
schnauzer_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer_grl View Post
OK folks...HELP!
I must not be doing something right.
Day 1 yesterday..everything started out great. Followed plan for breakfast and lunch was drinking water water water (and running to the BR like a fiend! ).
And then yesterday around 3:30 I started to feel - for lack of a better description - wonky. Kinda nauseated, screaming headache and just sluggish, but not hungry. So I ate around 5:30 felt a bit better but couldn't bring my self to eat for the 4th time later and ended up going to bed around 10:00.
Felt better this morning until about an hour after my shower, nausea back in full force, dizzy and really hot. So I laid on the bed for about 10 minutes, it seemed to pass and I forced myself to eat the eggs I made.
I'm at work but still don't feel 100%. Has this happened to anyone else...what am I doing wrong? No, I'm not pregnant, I don't think it's a stomach virus, the only thing different in the equation is the new WOE. AND the fact that had no caffeine yesterday. Does your body react to caffeine withdrawal that fast??? The lack of caffeine was not intentional...did not have the right sugar sub for my coffee and just couldn't drink it straight.
The thought of eating in 45 minutes....
I'm concerned...
It is normal for you body to react stupid when depleting and no caffeine. Drinking the water is great! Make sure you eat FAT this week. It will help you greatly with the deplete. Eat every 2-3 hours if you have to. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hi Everyone! I am a little confused on some things... any pointers are appreciated! I started out with the Crack the FLC book: that is all I have. Do I need to also have the COnquer book? is it additional info, or a planner, or what? I also note that there has been some mention of logs- are these to help keep us on track, etc,and if so, where can I find/purchase them?
I am still in my first week day 2- trying hard.... I did have few olives- no carbs; has that blown my day? Lastly, for this big verbose question: the protein drink. I used soy, but I saw that many answered my query and said soy was a no no- what should I use? Also, what can I do to make the drink less watery with ice shards? what am I doing wrong, LOL!!!!! What can I add or do to give it a better consistency?Thanks everyone, I am a little intimidated to get ready for next week....
@Schnauzer- take a deep breath, have a cup of nice strong black tea, and try to wean off caffeine a little at a time, that will help with your headache, if that is ok with the WOE.....
oh! One more question about the board: how do I know which thread to visit? How often do you start a new one? I am lost, since, most boards I have been on just use one thread and move to the end to view the recent posts... so I find my self in limbo now and then - is it every few days, or according to pages, etc? Just so I can keep up! Hugs everyone, and thanks for reading this far!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettieL View Post
Hi, Good morning.
I was checking out an ad at the top of the window.
Is the guar gum powder the equivalent of xanthan gum powder?
I would like to use it in my protein drink.

This heat is really making it difficult for me to cook and eat correctly.
I hope it breaks soon.
The humidity is giving us feels like temps in the 100's, even here right by the water, on Narragansett Bay in RI.
Annette
They are basically the same and will thicken your protein shake. (Don't use too much or it will be pudding!)