Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
Lora: Thanks for the info on Ketosis! Congratulations on being deep purple. Your weight loss should be great in the next coupla days. Good job avoiding all that stuff at karaoke. I don't know why, but in that atmosphere it feels wierd for me to just drink water. Last night at the Irish Pub I splurged and had unsweetened iced tea!

Barb: that your pants are starting to fit!

Mimosa: Everything you post has been interesting to me, so you can just keep it coming as far as I am concerned!

Mel: How great it was that your neighbors were able to find Oat Bran. I really like the idea of adding exercise to this. I too will be losing a couple of my threads because they won't be applicable once I start Dukan. Plus with being out of town for 11 days I'll unsub from most.

Lots of great info here already. By the time I get back from Cabo I am going to have to start at Post #1 and read the entire thing. I am already getting so many ideas and so much information. Dukan seems so flexible!

I just went to Amazon UK and bought the Book!!! Even with shipping costs the price was about $22.87. Unfortunately it says my approximate delivery date is May 24 so I won't be able to read it while I'm gone.
Have a fun trip! I ordered the book too and it shipped yesterday. What is with a month long delivery??? Sounds ridiculous!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #62
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Barb what r u eating today ?

Im nosiey and getting idea's
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Yep Mel, I'll check in from the only high speed internet connection in the entire hotel, which happens to be in the Lobby Bar!! No telling what my quality of work will be!

Barb: Not sure what takes so long to ship. Maybe customs?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Mel - I'm a really boring eater. I'm eating eggs, lean ground beef patties, tuna, and grilled chicken strips. When I get on veggies I'll be eating salads and lots of steamed broccoli and green beans.

Hopefully (in a month) when the book arrives I'll get some recipe ideas. I haven't done "low fat" in forever. This plan is very similar to the New York Body Plan by David Kirsch except his plan is no dairy except for stevia sweetened whey shakes.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #65
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
My menu today:

Breakfast: 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, a bit of mustard and hot sauce

Snack one: Oat Bran with 1/2 cup of non-fat plain yo-cheese with a bit of cinnamon mixed in.

Lunch: 3 egg whites with 1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, turkey patty, with mustard and hot sauce

Snack Two: 1 hard-boiled egg with a few ounces of smoked turkey

Dinner: 6oz. of chicken with 1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, 2 egg whites, mustard and hot sauce
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #66
Deb

Thanks Barb and Lora !!

Barb tuna plain?

Lora mustard and hot sauce hey....hmmmm i must have missed that part

back to reading

hey is there such a thing as 0 fat creamcheese?

and can we use fat free sour cream?

Last edited by Deb; 04-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: SC question
Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I need to go back and read through the stuff but I think dairy is somewhat limited (like eggs). I think you can't have more than 2 FF yogurts a day and no more than 2 whole eggs a day (egg whites unlimited though). So if yogurt is limited, I would think other dairy stuff is to but I'm not sure. I need to print everything out until my book gets here.

Mel - Sometimes I put mustard on my tuna. Normally I'll just eat it out of a pouch with a fork. I have two small kids so I keep grab n' go stuff handy.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #68
Deb

Barb i have read and re-read

now im ............site says

The Dukan Diet starts with a short, sharp 'attack' phase where you eat nothing but protein - just meat, fish, eggs and no-fat dairy products. You can spend just one day here - or as many as ten days if you have a lot of weight to lose

this is all i can find !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Deb; 04-29-2010 at 01:23 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #69
LJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
I need to go back and read through the stuff but I think dairy is somewhat limited (like eggs). I think you can't have more than 2 FF yogurts a day and no more than 2 whole eggs a day (egg whites unlimited though). So if yogurt is limited, I would think other dairy stuff is to but I'm not sure. I need to print everything out until my book gets here.

Mel - Sometimes I put mustard on my tuna. Normally I'll just eat it out of a pouch with a fork. I have two small kids so I keep grab n' go stuff handy.
Non-fat dairy products such as 0per cent yoghurt, fromage frais, quark, cottage cheese, and skimmed milk. Natural ( plain) and flavoured yoghurts (coconut, vanilla, lemon) are allowed without restriction, but non-fat fruit yoghurts (containing fruit puree) should be limited to two a day (or avoided if you want a lightning start to your attack phase).

From Mail Online UK

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #70
Deb

off another site...

more than 2 yogurts there

A typical day during the attack phase
Breakfast: Unsweetened coffee or tea, either 1 or 2 low-fat yoghurts (fruit yoghurts if desired) or 200g fromage frais, and either 1 slice of turkey or ham with the fat cut off, or a boiled egg, or a bran pancake.
Snack: 1 yoghurt or 100g of fat-free fat fromage frais (optional).
Lunch: Seafood sticks, crab, 1 turkey escalope, and either 1 helping fromage frais or a bran pancake.
Snack: 1 yoghurt or 100g fat-free fromage frais (optional).
Dinner: Chicken liver or a hard-boiled egg, fish or shellfish, 1 yoghurt.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #71
Deb

thanks Lora,

have you seen anything baout sour cream or cream cheese?
Old 04-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #72
LJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel 7 View Post
thanks Lora,

I'm sure there is more information in the book.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #73
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJR View Post
I'm sure there is more information in the book.
so im OUT till someone reads it

Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #74
LJB

Quote:
so im OUT till someone reads it

I'm going by the research I find online. I've had to translate from French to English a few times.

Very interesting! They are quite savvy in their recipes!

Last edited by LJB; 04-29-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #75
Deb

Lora that site is a laugh !!

OK dairy is limited

to 800g-1kg max ..not sure how you figure out the high and low of that but

they are saying anything more than that will disrupt the proteins in your body
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Mel: That link I posted to the Daily Mail description of the diet says you can have 0 percent fromage frais which I believe is the same as sour cream. It has a ton of info on all 4 phases.

Here is what else it says: "Non-fat dairy products such as 0per cent yoghurt, fromage frais, quark, cottage cheese, and skimmed milk. Natural ( plain) and flavoured yoghurts (coconut, vanilla, lemon) are allowed without restriction, but non-fat fruit yoghurts (containing fruit puree) should be limited to two a day (or avoided if you want a lightning start to your attack phase)"

Maybe Mimosa can verify.

I am going to skip dairy during Attack except enough yoghurt to eat my oat bran. I sort of like Barb while I diet...... very simple. I will eat lean grilled meats and the maximum eggs I can have during Attack. When I get to Cruise I will add veggies and have a protein, veggie and salad for dinner.

Of course this may ALL change based on the results from everyone here! I am also fickle!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

For a lot of people, the lactose in dairy is a big staller and fat free dairy is much higher carb. I may have an occasional 0% FAGE if I am able to stick with this long term but I have a casein allergy so I do well to avoid dairy. I'm also not likely to do the oat bran unless I can find it certifed gluten free. We all have to tweak it but the diet is basically just lean meats and steamed veggies without added fats.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #78
LJB

I could barely eat my dinner tonight. I am losing my appetite!

I've been in ketosis before but never like this.

I guess the thing about Dukan I find is the plan really is training you for Clean Eating. I am happy that tomorrow is the last day of the Attack phase!So sick of eggs! I can do eggs in small batches but not all the time!

What I'll do during the Cruise (weight loss) phase is add Ricotta to the mix. I like the texture of it. I can make a little dessert out of it, too. Similar to the one from South Beach except without Splenda. Basically, a quarter cup of Ricotta, a sprinkle of unsweetened dark cocoa and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cover and chill for an hour. Such a yummy treat!!

"Eating fat and protein?Go figure!." -
Lora

Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Lora: That's really a good thing! How often do you weigh in? I can't wait to see how it is working and if you'll beat the websites estimation on how much you'll lose on Attack.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
thanks Lora,

Hi Mel, sour cream is a no-no if it is not fat free, also check the carbs to protein ratio! Cream cheese I would stay away from whilst in attack and cruise phases. Maybe when you are in consolidation you could add it on your free meals.

Quote:
Lora that site is a laugh !!

OK dairy is limited

to 800g-1kg max ..not sure how you figure out the high and low of that but

they are saying anything more than that will disrupt the proteins in your body
Mel, I am not sure where you read that you could only eat so much dairy. From the book, fat free dairy like yogurt, quark, cottage cheese, and fromage frais (very similar to quark, if not the same) are on the list of free foods during the attack phase.

Quote:

I guess the thing about Dukan I find is the plan really is training you for Clean Eating. I am happy that tomorrow is the last day of the Attack phase!So sick of eggs! I can do eggs in small batches but not all the time!

What I'll do during the Cruise (weight loss) phase is add Ricotta to the mix. I like the texture of it. I can make a little dessert out of it, too. Similar to the one from South Beach except without Splenda. Basically, a quarter cup of Ricotta, a sprinkle of unsweetened dark cocoa and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cover and chill for an hour. Such a yummy treat!!
I am also in deep ketosis, and really have lost my entire appetite. Have to force myself to make something to eat!
I would be careful with ricotta, check the carb content when using fat free ricotta, and compare it to yogurt and fromage frais... The treat sounds yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
Mel: That link I posted to the Daily Mail description of the diet says you can have 0 percent fromage frais which I believe is the same as sour cream. It has a ton of info on all 4 phases.

Here is what else it says: "Non-fat dairy products such as 0per cent yoghurt, fromage frais, quark, cottage cheese, and skimmed milk. Natural ( plain) and flavoured yoghurts (coconut, vanilla, lemon) are allowed without restriction, but non-fat fruit yoghurts (containing fruit puree) should be limited to two a day (or avoided if you want a lightning start to your attack phase)"

Maybe Mimosa can verify.

I am going to skip dairy during Attack except enough yoghurt to eat my oat bran. I sort of like Barb while I diet...... very simple. I will eat lean grilled meats and the maximum eggs I can have during Attack. When I get to Cruise I will add veggies and have a protein, veggie and salad for dinner.

Of course this may ALL change based on the results from everyone here! I am also fickle!
Sooz, you are right about the dairy! Unlimited consumption from those you listed.
Fromage frais is NOT like sour cream. It is like Quark, so if you want to try quark, have a go at fromage frais, practically the same in taste, texture and consistency!
Not sure why you are limiting dairy unless you have an intolerance. Keeping things varied will help you stick with it, as the diet especially in its first stages is limiting a lot of foods! Dairy products are also great for dips and sauces! Will post a couple of recipes!

Also, to everyone, I really want to emphasize, that fat free cheese is NOT allowed in the first two stages of the diet. Once in Consolidation, the third phase, you can have 2 oz of hard cheese like full fat Gouda once a day.

Will post a new post with some recipes in a sec! xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

The recipes are suitable for all stages of the Dukan diet. Just add veggies when allowed!

Chicken tandoori (I will be making that on my new BBQ when the weather allows)

serves 6

6 chicken breasts
1 cup fat free natural yogurt
2 TB tandoori masala spice mix
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3/4 inch fresh ginger root, crushed
2 green chillies, crushed
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients together, except for the chicken.
Make sure all spices and ingredients are totally crushed and that they make a smooth type paste mixture (I use my blender for this).
Score the chicken fillets so that the spice mixture can really get into the meat.
Rub the meat with the mixture and leave to marinate (use up all the mixture, so that the chicken is covered) overnight in the fridge.
Next day, cook the chicken in a moderate oven (200C/400F/gas mark 6) for 20 minutes and then brown under the grill before serving.
- I will try throwing them on my BBQ grill to cook, seems more like how it will taste in a restaurant-

Once in stage 2, you could add some nice grilled asparagus and a dipping sauce of yogurt with garlic and salt and pepper... YUM! Perfect dish for summer!

Sauce Hollandaise

1 egg yolk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 TB lemon juice
2 fl oz warm skimmed milk

Combine the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in a double saucepan over simmering but not boiling water. Let this heat for a few minutes to thicken. Then stirring slowly, add the warm skimmed milk. Let the sauce thicken and keep warm until needed.
You could add herbs, garlic etc for variety.
I find this sauce goes great with fish and veggies like asparagus!

Sauce Ravigote

1 egg, Hardboiled, chopped finely
3 medium sized gherkins, diced finely
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 TB of chives, chopped finely
2 TB of Parsley, chopped finely
2 TB of tarragon, chopped finely
1 cup of natural fat free yogurt
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt

In a glass bowl mix the egg, gherkins, onion and herbs. Add the yogurt, mustard and salt. Goes nicely with anything!!!!!

Thats all for now, folks, will have a look to see if this weekend will inspire me to try out some more recipes!
Have a great weekend everyone, I will be back on Monday!!! xxx

Last edited by Mimosa23; 04-30-2010 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
I can't wait to have 40 grams of cheese a day! I really miss my cheddar, but in the meantime, with Mimosa's recipes, I am managing to stay on the wagon--today is the fifth day, something of a record for me :blush:, and it just got easier to stay on plan with that luscious sounding tandoori chicken recipe.

Tomorrow I get veggies, and I'm planning to celebrate with a breakfast burrito made with an oatbran pancake wrap with onion, tomato, green pepper and 2 scrambled eggs.

Tomorrow is also the day I weigh myself to see how I have done after five days.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Pat!!

Just some other sauces to make life a bit more pleasant :

Dukan Herb Mayonnaise

1 raw egg yolk
1 TB Dijon mustard
3 TB non fat fromage frais or quark (fat free greek style yogurt will be fine too)
1 TB chopped herbs of your choice
salt and black pepper

Put the egg yolk in a mixing bowl and combine with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper and add the herbs. Gradually mix in the fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt, stirring continuously. Mayonnaise must be refrigerated.

Alternative oil-free Mayonnaise

1 hardboiled egg
2 oz non fat fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and black pepper

Crush the hard boiled eggs with a fork and mix into the non fat fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt. Then add the mustard, salt and pepper and herbs or garlic if you wish. Mayonnaise must be refrigerated.

Bearnaise sauce

2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon tarragon, fresh and finely chopped or crushed according to taste
2 egg yolks

Put the vinegar in a bowl in a saucepan over simmering water, then add the chopped shallot and tarragon. Slowly warm over a low heat. Let the vinegar mixture cool a bit, then pour over the two egg yolks, beating well as if making mayonnaise.

Vinaigrette Maya

1 TB Dijon mustard
5 TB balsamic vinegar
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove
7-8 fresh or frozen chopped basil leaves
salt and black pepper

Take an old jar and fil it with all the ingredients, mixing very thouroughly. If you like garlic, leave a clove to marinate in the bottom of the jar.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

Last edited by Mimosa23; 04-30-2010 at 03:26 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #84
LJB

Thanks, Mimosa!

I can totally see myself using these recipes!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Me too! I think I will be using that second oil free mayo with my meat tonight...
Am planning to try the chicken tandoori tomorrow evening, with roasted green asparagus and some garlic and mint yogurt dip... Looking forward to starting the cruise phase tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:51 AM   #86
LJB

I'm saving the yolks to make the special sauces during the cruise phase. I also start the Cruise phase tomorrow. I have a freezer loaded with veggies raring to go!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
aaaaaaagh cannot keep up! Company arrived yesterday and I wz busy and away from 'puter.

LJR-LMAO that your answer machine or whatever has a quote from THAT Simpsons episode!

BB after company leaves next week
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

Peeked at the scale today and I'm down 3.4 pounds since Monday. I still have three more days of ATTACK but seeing a midweek loss like that was really motivating. I didn't lose much more than that in three weeks on Atkins and then started gaining weight back.

Feeling better on all protein than I thought I would. I'm not having any side effects or energy problems. I have been taking a good multivitamin and drinking lots of water in addition to two cups of coffee each morning.

According to his website, I should lose 6 pounds during ATTACK. I doubt I'll lose another 2.5 pounds by Monday morning but considering I transitioned from Induction to Dukan I didn't have any water weight to lose so I'm more than pleased with what I've lost so far.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #89
Deb

Barb yesturday Lora sent me a link to a web-site that is all boards

they were talking about too much dairy can effect protein levels

I posted a couple times over there so i will go check it out and report back

im going to pick up some ff yogurt today and do some more reading

Barb i didnt realize you read the book ! thanks for the answers..i wouldnt be doing this without you
Old 04-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #90
LJB

I'm happy you are all here!

What a big help!