Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 135/131/115; 5'4", 48 yrs.
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: August 12, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
On another note, I am cooking up a storm this morning,lol. Making turkey burgers on the stove, general tso's chicken in the crockpot(this is amazing) and gonna make some rotissatenders in the oven and serve with hawaiian sweet and tangy sauce for dipping sauce
Details on the General Tso's chicken please!
Maria527 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
It is not the general tso's chicken that most people are used to eating at chinese restaurants but it is still good nonetheless.

1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken cut into 1 in chunks
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp brown sugar ( I use Ideal Brown sugar substitute)
1 tsp dried ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 16 oz package frozen stir fry vegetables(omit during the attack phase)

Put chicken in bottom of crock pot and add remaining ingredients; toss chicken to coat and cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours...then add frozen vegetables, recover and cook on high for an hour. I actually just steam the veggies in the microwave and add them once the chicken is done so that they don't get all mushy in the crockpot. And I usually double the ingredients for the sauce since my family really enjoys the sauce over brown rice as they do not follow a low carb diet.
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds good. I love the simplicity of the crockpot!

Attack Day two:

coffee w/ fat free half & half and stevia
2 HB eggs w/ salt substitute & pepper
1/2 lb lean hamburger w/ two eggs scrambled in (yes, I exceeded my egg limit)
slow cooked chicken (No skin today! Ate it all yesterday)
Plain Greek yogurt w/ 1 1/2 T Oat Bran and stevia
Egg White Protein Powder (will have after tonight's workout)
lots of water
lots of herbal tea w/ stevia
hopefully nothing else before bed

Swam just over 1 mile this morning
Will bike 25 miles tonight

I've not had any binge urges yet; so far so good. I think once I get all of the sugar out of my system and get into ketosis I'll be out of danger of binge eating. One can hope.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
It is not the general tso's chicken that most people are used to eating at chinese restaurants but it is still good nonetheless.

1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken cut into 1 in chunks
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp brown sugar ( I use Ideal Brown sugar substitute)
1 tsp dried ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 16 oz package frozen stir fry vegetables(omit during the attack phase)

Put chicken in bottom of crock pot and add remaining ingredients; toss chicken to coat and cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours...then add frozen vegetables, recover and cook on high for an hour. I actually just steam the veggies in the microwave and add them once the chicken is done so that they don't get all mushy in the crockpot. And I usually double the ingredients for the sauce since my family really enjoys the sauce over brown rice as they do not follow a low carb diet.
This Chicken sounds awesome. Where do you get the brown sugar sub from? I'm finishing up my third day of attack (fingers crossed) the third day of dieting is always the most difficult for me.
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
third day tough for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
This Chicken sounds awesome. Where do you get the brown sugar sub from? I'm finishing up my third day of attack (fingers crossed) the third day of dieting is always the most difficult for me.
I know Linda- it is when you start to get bored and miss the other stuff!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Hi NEwbie in ATTACK Phase here

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Ok the aldi Brand trans ocean imitation crab sticks are allowed on dukan and they do sell them at other stories.
Hello everyone- just hopping on board today is my 2nd day in attack...
I already had 3 eggs yesterday but, will try to limit the rest of the week.
Dear Surfmom- the Aldi brand crab sticks: you mention they are allowed- what is the nutritional info that makes them ok? I know others have so much sugar? I have an ALdi's near me, so that would be great.
Now my big question. I am in attack phase, and got the plan from WOmen First magazine; and it shows starting with a pancake each morning. Is this correct? I know it says that 1.5 tblsp of oat bran is allowed during the attack, and it is like 3 carbs if you break it down- what do y'all think?
Thanks for any guidance- in advance! Laure
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Now my big question. I am in attack phase, and got the plan from WOmen First magazine; and it shows starting with a pancake each morning. Is this correct? I know it says that 1.5 tblsp of oat bran is allowed during the attack, and it is like 3 carbs if you break it down- what do y'all think?
Thanks for any guidance- in advance! Laure
The actual book says: "During the Attack phase, I prescibe 1 1/2 T of oat bran per day and recommend eating it as prepared in the Dukan Oat Bran Galette."

Then he goes on to post this recipe which uses 2 T of oat bran. A bit conflicting, but we're only talking 1/2 T, so you'll have to decide how much you want to include. I am also on my second day. I just bought oat bran today and have not tried this pancake yet. I prefered to mix my 1 1/2 T of oat bran into a serving of nonfat Greek yogurt.

Dukan Oat Bran Galette
1 egg white
2 T oat bran
2 T fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp sweetener (splenda, stevia, etc) for a sweet pancake
or
pepper, herbs, chopped garlic for savory

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. In a separate bowl, combine the oat bran, Greek yogurt, and sweetener or seasonings. Add the beaten egg white and mix until blended.

Place a small nonstick pan on medium heat. Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for about 5 min, or until the underside is golden brown and the upper side starts to dry. Flip the galette with a spatula and continue cooking the other side for an additional 5 min.

Remove to a plate and allow to cool briefly before serving.

Oh BTW - I'm an egg eater too. I had 4 today. I'm not sure I can deal with the egg limitation. I'll try to cut back but I'm not going to stress over extra eggs. I've been eating several a day for years.

And one more thing... your cat has BIG eyes!

Last edited by Maria527; 05-10-2011 at 06:20 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: redblack
Stats: 247.8/227.0/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 5/05/2011
The Dukan Diet

I am finishing up the Attack Phase today; I stayed on it one day longer, and in retrospect I shouldn't have.

I am getting ready to leave work. Before I do so, I have to grab my water bottle and take my 20 minute walk.

Dinner tonight is going to be some chicken w/curry and a shallot. I really don't care too much for cottage cheese, but I did buy a container of N/F. I was thinking I might make some sort of sauce. I am hungry today. I have stayed on course the past 6 days without any problems (except my Saturday/partial Sunday stomach issue) but it seems OK now.

I bought some N/F half and half; I just couldn't tolerate non fat milk in my coffee.

After I have done my walk, I am heading to a particular grocery store to see if they have the Ideal Brown Sugar substitute. I read about this the other day... searched for it and found a website with a store locator. I will know in a short time if they carry it or not.

I have not made the oat bran pancake as yet. Really not a pancake eater, but for some variety I will more than likely try it down the road. When we reach the Stabilizing Phase of the Diet, we go from 2T to 3T of oat bran. As it says in the book, 3T of oat bran every day for life (page 110).

The General Tso's chicken recipe looks awesome. If I find the brown sugar sweetener, I might just make it over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Last edited by redblack; 05-10-2011 at 06:49 PM..
redblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria40nc View Post
The actual book says: "During the Attack phase, I prescibe 1 1/2 T of oat bran per day and recommend eating it as prepared in the Dukan Oat Bran Galette."

Then he goes on to post this recipe which uses 2 T of oat bran. A bit conflicting, but we're only talking 1/2 T, so you'll have to decide how much you want to include. I am also on my second day. I just bought oat bran today and have not tried this pancake yet. I prefered to mix my 1 1/2 T of oat bran into a serving of nonfat Greek yogurt.

Dukan Oat Bran Galette
1 egg white
2 T oat bran
or

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. In a separate bowl, combine the oat bran, Greek yogurt, and sweetener or seasonings. Add the beaten egg white and mix until blended.

Place a small nonstick pan on medium heat. Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for about 5 min, or until the underside is golden brown and the upper side starts to dry. Flip the galette with a spatula and continue cooking the other side for an additional 5 min.

Oh BTW - I'm an egg eater too. I had 4 today. I'm not sure I can deal with the egg limitation. I'll try to cut back but I'm not going to stress over extra eggs. I've been eating several a day for years.

The recipe I'm using for the pancake is:
1 1/2 Tbsp Oatbran
1 egg white
1 1/2 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
sweeten with splenda and cinnamon

Throw everything in my Magic Bullet and then cook in a pam spray frying pan.

After I cook it I spread 2 Tbsps of sweetened cottage cheese down the middle and fold it like a crepe. ....... So so good!

Last edited by LindaCat; 05-10-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #400
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I know Oz said oat bran was the backbone of this diet. Critical. I see Netrition is out.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 05-10-2011 at 07:21 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Lindacat - Thank you for the variation in the recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I know Oz said oat bran was the backbone of this diet. Critical. I see Netrition is out.
Hodgson Mill Oat Bran and Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran are both available in regular grocery stores. I found the Hodgson in the cereal aisle at Walmart.

I am down 5 lbs in the first 2 days of Attack phase and I've truly eaten all I've wanted and have not counted any calories. I've found that I'm extra thirsty even though I am drinking tons of water.

I know the weight loss is water weight loss, but it's encouraging all the same. Let's see what day 3 brings! I think it's going to bring me a few extra eggs (having trouble with the egg limitation).
Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
I get my ideal brown sugar substitute at my local Food Lion. You can also order it from Amazon.

@maria40nc, I am in Sanford, NC (Harnett County) and I am in Fayetteville all the time I am actually headed there today to go to Sam's. We should get together sometime. I am actually training for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon coming up this October
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I get my ideal brown sugar substitute at my local Food Lion. You can also order it from Amazon.

@maria40nc, I am in Sanford, NC (Harnett County) and I am in Fayetteville all the time I am actually headed there today to go to Sam's. We should get together sometime. I am actually training for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon coming up this October
Hey neighbor! And we already have my two FAVORITE things in common; food and racing!

I just checked out the Myrtle Beach site. Which event are you training for? The Doggy Dash or the High Heel Run? Hee hee... that looks like a fun weekend! I would consider racing with you, but my schedule is a bit tight during that timeframe.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Attack Day 3

coffee w/ fat free half & half and stevia
3 fried eggs (just a spray of olive oil in pan)
1/2 lb lean hamburger w/ two eggs scrambled in (5 eggs today, Sheesh!)
slow cooked chicken (no skin)
Plain Greek yogurt w/ 1 1/2 T Oat Bran and stevia
Egg White Protein Powder
lots of water
lots of herbal tea w/ stevia

Ran 4 miles
1 hr of barbells (Body Pump class)

Felt low energy during workouts.

I dropped 6.4 lbs during 3 day Attack Phase. I feel dehydrated. I can tell that was water weight.

Moving forward...

Last edited by Maria527; 05-12-2011 at 05:15 AM..
Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Don't forget to drink 1 1/2 quarts of water every day so you don't get dehydrated.

I think I'll do this on Monday. I have no idea what to do with all my full fat heavy creams, etc. I find transitioning from Atkins to this is so jarring. I have a freezer full of full fat cream cheese, yogurt, etc. I guess giving up fat is gonna be the toughest challenge. But I really like the long term plan/maintenance on this. So I'm still on the fence.
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
Don't forget to drink 1 1/2 quarts of water every day so you don't get dehydrated.

I think I'll do this on Monday. I have no idea what to do with all my full fat heavy creams, etc. I find transitioning from Atkins to this is so jarring. I have a freezer full of full fat cream cheese, yogurt, etc. I guess giving up fat is gonna be the toughest challenge. But I really like the long term plan/maintenance on this. So I'm still on the fence.
I've actually been drinking over 3 quarts; but still feel thirsty all the time!

That's ashame you have so much full fat product on hand. I'm not sure how I feel about cutting the fat either. I've done ok, except that I did eat all of the skin off my chicken and the wings. It's weird mentally when you are SO used to accepting fat. I limit dairy anyway, so I only use fat free half & half and Greek yogurt. I cannot be trusted with cheese, esp cream cheese.

For me, the whole egg limitation is the biggest challenge (no way I'm eating just whites). I'm trying to be more aware of my egg habit, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

The happiest part is that I'm overcoming my binge eating issue with this WOE. I've had NO binge urges since I started this diet. I think it is because I finally worked the sugar back out of my system and am perhaps getting into ketosis. I have keto sticks at home; I'll check tonight.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shimbus
Stats: 190/182/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/23/2013
Finished day 3 of attack yesterday and I'm down 6.2 pounds!! I bought the oat bran yesterday and had a bowl of oat porridge last night. Today I made an oat pancake and fried 2 eggs in a pan sprayed with Pam.

I have not been hungry, had a slight carb withdrawal headache yesterday, and feel great so far today.

I know it's water weight but I have been trying to get back to eating clean for months. I could never make it past day 2. I did join WW in March but got discouraged when I only lost 2 pounds the first week.

I'm doing 5 days of attack so I have today and tomorrow to go. With the way I feel, I could stay on it longer but I want to follow the plan correctly.
shimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Good job Shimbus! Woo hoo!

I, on the other hand, had a setback. I got into full fat swiss cheese last night dipped in marinara sauce. It was a huge hunk of cheese too. My weight is up 1.4 lbs today. I also had smoked salmon yesterday which is very high sodium, so that could be the culprit too (water gain).

I'll try to do better today. At least I didn't go into a full-fledged binge, and I did not get into anything with sugar.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria40nc View Post

Dukan Oat Bran Galette
1 egg white
2 T oat bran
or

She does, LOL! I have a real cat with eyes almost as big! ( we have 6, 5 of our own and a foster...) I do like this pancake/ galette.
I wonder also about the use of the no carb pure fiber shirataki noodles as part of this regime, after the attack phase is over... I am a bit floundering, since I read in some of the previous posts that there is a *formula* for figuring out how long to stay on attack? I am flying 1/2 informed with the Women First mag article. I will have to get the book ASAP!
Thank you for your help with the oat bran question! I am 4 lbs down since Monday- ( water I am sure) but very encouraging!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblack View Post
I am finishing up the Attack Phase today; I stayed on it one day longer, and in retrospect I shouldn't have.

I am getting ready to leave work. Before I do so, I have to grab my water bottle and take my 20 minute walk.

Dinner tonight is going to be some chicken w/curry and a shallot. I really don't care too much for cottage cheese, but I did buy a container of N/F. I was thinking I might make some sort of sauce. I am hungry today. I have stayed on course the past 6 days without any problems (except my Saturday/partial Sunday stomach issue) but it seems OK now.

I bought some N/F half and half; I just couldn't tolerate non fat milk in my coffee.

After I have done my walk, I am heading to a particular grocery store to see if they have the Ideal Brown Sugar substitute. I read about this the other day... searched for it and found a website with a store locator. I will know in a short time if they carry it or not.

I have not made the oat bran pancake as yet. Really not a pancake eater, but for some variety I will more than likely try it down the road. When we reach the Stabilizing Phase of the Diet, we go from 2T to 3T of oat bran. As it says in the book, 3T of oat bran every day for life (page 110).

The General Tso's chicken recipe looks awesome. If I find the brown sugar sweetener, I might just make it over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good evening!
Hi redblack: I have found the splenda version of brown sugar right in the sugar dept of most markets!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
The recipe I'm using for the pancake is:
1 1/2 Tbsp Oatbran
1 egg white
1 1/2 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
sweeten with splenda and cinnamon

Throw everything in my Magic Bullet and then cook in a pam spray frying pan.

After I cook it I spread 2 Tbsps of sweetened cottage cheese down the middle and fold it like a crepe. ....... So so good!
Linda! That crepe idea rocks. I ran out of yogurt today, ( I had a small container) so I subbed fat free ricotta... just as awesome!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Attack Day 5- had today 3 slices no carb turkey bacon and a Dukan Pancake. Subbed out the yogurt for ricotta..very good. Not weighing myself again until Monday.... I don't want to jinx myself! So then:
I am unsure how many days to stay on attack ( again, I got a small blurb article that I am working with so far) but I am 212.5 right now, down from 216.
Then I just begin adding veggies every other day, ( non starch ones) correct?
Also- ANY alcohol is a no- no, right? I am at a convention this weekend, and one way to pass the time is to have a few drinks.. oh well! rather be thin!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Hello. Just chiming in to say that my husband and I started Dukan just this past Tuesday. We're in the Attack Phase and are really happy with our results so far.

We had this slow cooker recipe last night and were really pleased with the fork-tender meat and subtle flavors:

6 lean pork chops, center-cut if possible
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder

- Brown both sides of the pork chops under the broiler.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Put broth and vinegar in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place meat in slow cooker and cook on Low for about 8 hours.
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Then I just begin adding veggies every other day, ( non starch ones) correct?
Yes, that's my understanding. Although he does say you can include carrots, beets, and artichokes, provided you do not eat them at every meal; but if weight loss slows, reduce or eliminate these 3 items.
Quote:
Also- ANY alcohol is a no- no, right?
Yep. Looks like the Consolidation phase is when alcohol can be re-introduced. Still learning this way of eating.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomma
Quote:
Hi redblack: I have found the splenda version of brown sugar right in the sugar dept of most markets!
Not certain but I think Splenda's Brown Sugar is a "blend" of half real brown sugar & half art. sweetner...maybe you should check your pkg??
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

I found this blog online it has some interesting recipes.

Dukan Diet Free Recipes

I also found a bread recipe somewhere online made with Oatbran, Wheatbran and Wheatgerm I plan on trying it this weekend. I'll post it after I try it, if anyone is interested. Supposed to be Cruise Phase legal.

This is pretty funny I had a small container of sweetened cottage cheese in our little refrig at work and it froze. I was really annoyed thinking I wasnt going to have anything for breakfast then I thought oh well I'll just nuke it for a few seconds but I tasted it first just for the heck of it....OMG it tasted like Cheese cake. (adding this to my list of foods to prepare over the weekend)
5/15: 152.8 5/22: 150.0
5/29: 150.2 6/06: 149.4
6/12: 149.4 6/19: 147.6
6/26: 147.6 7/03: 146.8
7/10: 146.6 7/17: 145.8
«·´¨*·.* Smoke Free Since 4/26/06 *.·*¨`·»
Old 05-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

I bought the cookbook this morning 2.99 on my nook. Nothing extrordinary. The pancake I posted that I found on the web is from this cookbook.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Just bought the book on my Kindle - friend suggested it - 30kgs (70lbs) in the last year on Dukan - she goes to phase 3 next month!!!

So marking my spot - and off to read!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the information on the Dukan Diet Cookbook. Since it is only $2.99, I may buy it, as I'm running out of ideas for eating on the protein days. I don't have a Kindle or a Nook, but the free 'Kindle for PC' works well for me.

It seems that those of us in the USA are on the leading (bleeding?) edge of the US Dukaners. There is no coaching yet on the Dukan US site, and all the recipe books are available only electronically.

Yesterday I bought The Dukan Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook, available only electronically for $4.99. I was a bit disappointed that it has only 21 recipes, but I believe I will use about 6-8 of them, so that makes the cost reasonable to me. Plus I had to place an order at Netrition for these ingredients not available at my local grocery:
Zero Carb apricot fruit spread
" " orange marmalade " "
" " ketchup
" " BBQ sauce
" " Marinara sauce
Splenda brown sugar
Dixie Diner Carb Counters Thick It Up Low Carb Thickener (the brand in the cookbook is no longer available)

Also, the slow cooker recipe book keeps referring to things like "pineapple flavoring" and "honey flavoring" and "lemon flavoring". I guess they are referring to extracts. I'm hoping that my local grocery has Pineapple Extract, etc. If not, I guess Lemon Extract or Orange Extract would be a decent substitute.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 05-14-2011 at 11:39 AM..
Old 05-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

I just had an awesome late lunch....I feel like licking my plate.

2 egg whites
2 Tblsp fried onions
1 oz. 97% fat free deli ham
3 Tbsp Cottage Cheese (I use freindship 1% it has the least amt of carbs.)

Cracked 2 egg whites into pam spray pan. Sprinkle fried onions around. Cooked until able to flip. While that side was cooking I layed the ham across the egg and fliped over again until I saw the edges of the ham crisping up. I slid this out onto a plate and put 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese into the frying pan, heated until it started bubbling. I scooped the cheese out of the pan and put it onto one half of the egg, flipped the other side of the egg over (omlette style).