Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hi there,

Wow lots of new people. Excellent!

I am having a blast with my sister and nephew! Starting week 6, but after they go I think I will likely do another meat week, before giving maintenance another go.

Jacqueline I live in Calgary and bought my leucine in the form of BCAA (branch chain amino acid) powder, also bought capsules. Not hard to find here, got the powder at GNC (spendy!) and the capsules from an online site in the US as they were cheaper.
Maryam Excellent progress!
Soobee Glad you and DH are doing so great. I must admit I am finding it hard to always make good choices while out and about. At home I feel more in control.
Melsy How are you finding it?
Moonstruck Are you still with us?

I will check back when I can, wishing everyone a good week.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: melsybop
Stats: praying in the Grotto
WOE: waiting for the prayers to take hold
Start Date: no time like now
I am doing fine...almost impossible to find time to exercise...wither I will have to get up at 4 am or exercise at night after all my kids activities are done.UGH.
melsybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquelinejolie
Stats: 183.4/163/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
Hi there,

Wow lots of new people. Excellent!

I am having a blast with my sister and nephew! Starting week 6, but after they go I think I will likely do another meat week, before giving maintenance another go.

Jacqueline I live in Calgary and bought my leucine in the form of BCAA (branch chain amino acid) powder, also bought capsules. Not hard to find here, got the powder at GNC (spendy!) and the capsules from an online site in the US as they were cheaper.
Maryam Excellent progress!
Soobee Glad you and DH are doing so great. I must admit I am finding it hard to always make good choices while out and about. At home I feel more in control.
Melsy How are you finding it?
Moonstruck Are you still with us?

I will check back when I can, wishing everyone a good week.
Hi Speedy! I'm only a few kms north of you in Airdrie. Sometimes I've had problems buying some supplements from the US (like iodoral for the iodine - they don't allow that to ship across the border), I'll have to check further. It sounds like these won't be a problem.

I'm very happy with being 5 pounds down from 174.4 to 169.4 this morning. More importantly, the tummy area is flattening out, which is what I'm doing this for (and to try to naturally reduce my estrogen). I wouldn't care if I never met my goal of 120 if my stomach could just be flatish again!

Back when I was younger after I moved away from home, I gained about 30 pounds up to 174, but my stomach was pretty flat even at that weight. It only got poochy when I ate more carbs. I went on the Scarsdale Diet and lost down to 120 and maintained that weight for a long time, definitely not through eating healthy and not eating enough protein. I want to get it under control as much as possible before menopause.

I'm getting my exercise in by walking the dog every day, have only been on iron supplements for 2 weeks so I'm still pretty anemic, but will get into weight lifting again once I get a bit more energy. Amazingly, I didn't get the induction flu this time like I always have before - thanks to upping my potassium and magnesium right from the start. Who knows, I may not be in ketosis yet, but I don't want to go the route of taking a stick to the bathroom every day.

I bought some EAS low carb ready-made shakes when we were down in the US, and they're ideal for when you're going to be out and about on the shake times. Also keep some lower carb beef jerky in the car.
jacquelinejolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsybop View Post
I am doing fine...almost impossible to find time to exercise...wither I will have to get up at 4 am or exercise at night after all my kids activities are done.UGH.

Melsy - How old are you kids? I can totally relate! I have 6 kids - 2 away in the US at uni right now. The 4 younger ones used to present a challenge. But this is what I do. I do my workouts at home - workout dvds! As soon as I get home from work I ask about homework. The kids have a choice, either work on homework or otherwise study, read a book or workout with me. Its always great fun when my dd's aged 12 and 13 workout with me. They make me laugh and we have a great time!

JJ - on -5lbs!!!!! I can totally relate on the stomach issue. Afer giving birth 6 time and gaining a ton of weight you can imagine what mine looked like! I can HONESTLY say it is FLAT today. Now I am working on getting my 6 pack! I want it before menopause hits!

<<<<<Me
Blondie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Where did everyone go?

I am back to work tomorrow after 10 glorious days off and a wonderful visit with my sister and nephew.

I am repeating a meat week as I went overboard on the carbs this past week. I am back here too now that I have my house back. I feel refreshed!

Is everyone still carrying on? Soobee? Maryam? Melsy? Jacqueline?

JJ We are neighbours!
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still here Sandy! Glad you had a nice visit with your family. Tomorrow I'm suppose to start Week 5. But thinking I may continue Meat Weeks for a couple more weeks. Would appreciate if someone could post the Week 5-6 guidelines. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Weeks 5-6
Moderate alcohol. 1-2 drinks (4 oz wine, 12 oz light beer, single shots distilled spirits) Not every day. Have dairy again, full fat. Limited quantities of starchy vegetables and grains. Take your vitamins and mineral supplements, same as week 3 &4. Average person can tolerate 60-80 grams of carbs a day and maintain.

This is the maintenence portion of the plan. Both my husband and I cannot have that many carbs ever. We would both gain on 60-80. My usual maintenence is 30-40 carbs. As for us, we are starting week 7, on the week 3-4 plan. Hubby lost 7 pounds, I lost 5. I am one pound under goal, so I am very happy. I'm sticking with the plan, because my weight loss has slowed down to almost negligilbe, and my husband does better with company. We will be on this diet for months. We find it very livable.
Maryam, I would not switch to the week 5-6 plan unless you are already at the wieght you want.
Speedymagee, welcome back. It's so easy to go off plan, isn't it? Especially with company. I never do as well on my diet when I am entertaining despite my careful plans and best intentions.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishway View Post
Thought to say, very good luck with following the Eades low carb diet! I've been following their healthy eating/ weight loss system for a couple years now. And I'm looking good and feeling great because of it.
Hi Irish , sound so good to heard that you got a effective low crab diet , and got a healthy eating /weight loss. But how many years you've been doing that lifestyle ?
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soobee - Thanks. And yes, I will take your advice and stick to week 3-4 menus. I CANNOT lose weight at that many carbs! In fact, I am dropping them down to less than 10 a day since I'm up 1kg this week! I like the meat weeks, so this is liveable for me. I've got two more months to get htis weight off before DH comes home!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Sandy - are you all going to keep this going? I want to jump back on when I get back from my girls trip. I'm afraid I'm going to be indulging big time in some adult libations while I'm there.

I've been pretty good. Eating the right stuff and getting to the gym. Mostly anyway. We won't talk about the bit of stress-eating I did last week.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Sandy - are you all going to keep this going? I want to jump back on when I get back from my girls-trip to VEGAS! I'm afraid I'm going to be indulging big time in some adult libations while I'm there.

I've been pretty good. Eating the right stuff and getting to the gym. Mostly anyway. We won't talk about the bit of stress-eating I did last week.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daisy, glad to hear you are still with us. Have a great time in Vegas.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

I am still going! Had a break because my family visited, so am doing the meat weeks again.

I know Soobee is still going.
Maryam too.

How about Melsybop?
Jacqueline?
Moonstruck?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am going to keep doing Meat Weeks for at least a few more weeks and see how it goes! I think the potassium/magnesium supplement is helping! I feel much more energetic lately! Great workout yesterday! And I even recruited 2 of my colleagues to start the Cure!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Wow great Maryam!

Is that you and dh at home? Hard to see, but love the colours of your outfit.

It will be nice to have a couple of people to mentor that is good motivation.

You just reminded me I need to start taking my mag/potassium! I never seemed to remember to take my vitamins the last couple weeks.

I am feeling good! For probably the last 5-6 days of my sister's visit I was having these pains/cramps in my intestines. Totally gone after a couple of days of eating simply. I am not sure what I was eating that did that to me, but glad to be normal again.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #166
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Quote:
Moonstruck?
I did well for three days on weeks 1-2 and decided to do Weight Watchers again. I keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. I was doing fine on the shakes and decided to switch again before I completed a full week and weighed myself. My husband has seen me switch plans so many times and he continues to be 100% supportive.

Do any of you do this insanity? I am thinking of doing the shakes again as it does help with cravings. I get mean cravings when I do something like WW even though I was successful on it in 2002.

Do any of you do the meal in the morning and have the shakes during the day and for dinner?

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-03-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #167
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Well, as the quote at the start of Chapter 5 (pg 83) wisely states:

It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence.
It biases the judgment.
~ Sherlock Holmes

Mea Culpa

I got the book + I知 busy reading (while munching on a big juicy bowl of crow) + I知 on Day 3

Whoa. It痴 a little tough. I知 not gonna lie: I知 HUNGRY!! (tho Day 3 is mo bettah than Day 1)

I was pleased to discover that I already had almost everything I needed to get started:
high protein/low carb Whey PP; most of the Supplements; Decaf Coffee; Free-Range Eggs; HWC; Erythritol; Xylitol

I知 taking TWO Multi-Vitamins to cover ALL of the requirements on pg 110
1) a prenatal vitamin (I知 not preggers; they just contain MORE good stuff)
2) + a One-A-Day WeightSmart

Is anyone taking ONE Multi-Vitamin to cover ALL of the requirements on pg 110 ?? If so, what brand ??
(tho I should finish my 2 bottles; as I never seem to finish ANY bottle of umpteen various supplements

The only 2 things I haven稚 picked-up yet are:
the Leucine and the DAG oil do all of you take these?
(along w/ Everything Else?)

I know raw eggs into our shakes are the preferred way to 都upplement with cholesterol but I gotta tame The Hungries!!
So instead of placing eggs in my shake; I知 eating hardboiled eggs here & there + today I had scrambled eggs for breaky.
It makes me feel like I知 getting to EAT SOMETHING!! Anyone else kinda 電oing it their way with slight modifications?

Ohhhh and the dill pickles are a luxurious life line!!

The Best Part:
on Monday I weighed 154.6 Today (Wed) I weigh 149.8
(5 lbs of water weight; I know; but still incentivizing!!)

It痴 JUST 2 weeks..right??

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches
hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #168
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
My husband has seen me switch plans so many times and he continues to be 100% supportive.

Do any of you do this insanity?
Ohhhhhhh NO!! of course NOT!! none of us HERE @ LCF would do THAT!!
Over the past 2 years, I've developed an entire Library of Books re: Diet/Health/Fitness...I should own stock in Amazon!
(my hubby remains supportive, too )

BUT, I have to say that overall ~
the ONE constant I've (finally) found that works for me/him =
"CARB CONTROL"

mostly low-carb; but sometimes med-carb; occasionally high-carb.
and sometimes low-calorie (and sometimes high-calorie)
I think we need to always keep our bodies guessing

I don't ever worry about good fats & eat plenty of protein.
I aim for the MOST Fiber & LEAST Carbs in Veggies/Fruit.

I truly believe that if we all ate like "cave-people";
or at least pre-industrial revolution (pre-refined carbs)
we'd ALL be a LOT better off health-wise & weight-wise

at some point; I will find the time & discipline to master carb-cycling.
I think that is The Ultimate Way to whittle down & stay there!
but it's a huge upfront investment; to which I cannot yet commit.
but the pay-off is in the proof I see in those mastering the skill.

The 6-Week Cure is (for me) a way to finally Get to Goal by my 2-year LCF Anniversary on 3/25.
(+ seems like a healthy way to cleanse my liver; curb my sugar cravings; reduce caffeine; etc.)
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody! Feeling really good these days. My energy levels are up. My workouts are greats!

Sandy - Yeah that is me and DH on Eid Al Adha last November. When he gets home I'll take a new pisture of us, with my HOT new body!

Moonstruck - NAH!!!! I've never done that - NOT!!!!!! I think I have tried every diet plan ever invented - including the really stupid ones - but switched before they had time to make a change. I'm sticking it out this time!

Hummingbird - I take UltraMega for Women - Active formula multivitamin/mineral. And since I'm allergic to milk I also take a calcium/potassium/magnesium supplement .
Old 03-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
I truly believe that if we all ate like "cave-people";
or at least pre-industrial revolution (pre-refined carbs)
we'd ALL be a LOT better off health-wise & weight-wise
[/B]

Welcome!! I so agree with this, but really struggle with carbs (the bad kind, not veggies or fruit, but cake and potatoes etc). I am sure you'll get to goal WTG!

Moonstruck I must confess to having switched umpteen times too.

I had a disaster day yesterday. I am redoing a meat week, but was sidelined yesterday. I am weak in the face of desserts and bread. I was really feeling like a failure, but here I go again today. Again, yet again.

Man oh man I wish I could be one of those LC success stories. The people who started Atkins (insert any LC plan here) and never looked back. I guess I will always be dealing with food/eating issues. I guess I need to accept that and move on.

Feeling a bit down today ladies, but will work on my attitude and forge ahead.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hummingbird11. I tried every diet plan known to mankind until 12 years ago when I found Protein Power. I can lose weight on any plan. My problem is maintainence. Low carb is the only way that has ever worked for me long term. I am currently undergoal with this Cure. It's terrific that you lost 5 pounds.
Speedymagee, hang in there. It's so hard to change, isn't it? I have been on the cure for almost 7 weeks, and I still crave sweets and snacks. I don't know if I will ever get over my taste for sweets. Just try to figure out the triggers, so you can avoid them. Would you believe I had to hide my peanuts down cellar so I wouldn't munch on them every time I passed by? And as for my chocolate bars, I am completely untrustworthy. I gave them to my husband to hide. (I hid his cashews.)
Blondie Baby, you seem to be doing the best of all. I bet your heavy exercise schedule is helping you to do so well. I can't wait to see the latest picture of your new hot body.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #172
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Thank you for the

You are NOT a failure. The ONLY failure is to STOP trying
& look at you, getting right back on the horse with a Meat Week

Man oh Man -- that's so funny you said that!
I was JUST looking at SugarFreeSheila's business card:
See How I went from Size 10 to Size 2 (30 lbs) in 5 Months on Atkins!!

It is taking ME 2 Years to lose 30 lbs!!!!!
(& I have NOT dropped in sizes like THAT)

I was a 12-14 -- and now I'm an 8/10 on bottom & 10/12 on top.
well, at least I'm now a small C instead of a full D

I am a bit "off-plan" today, too. Had a PBJ for breaky -- I could NOT resist my fav breaky.

I too, struggle with Sweets & Sugar, in general.
WHY is Sugar so damn YUMMY?????
(and I really don't like Splenda )

I was pleased to see the 6 Week Cure Book says NO Aspartame

Back on plan with Protein Shakes BUT I will have LC Dinner w/ Hubby.
Tomorrow, back on Plan. But Friday night is Pizza Night; sooooo
I'll be Real Good ALL Day and that will balance things out for the evening.

We just gotta take it day by day and inch our way to Success!
Finding what works for us (& what doesn't) along the way so we can Maintain!

Quote:
Welcome!! I so agree with this, but really struggle with carbs (the bad kind, not veggies or fruit, but cake and potatoes etc). I am sure you'll get to goal WTG!

Moonstruck I must confess to having switched umpteen times too.

I had a disaster day yesterday. I am redoing a meat week, but was sidelined yesterday. I am weak in the face of desserts and bread. I was really feeling like a failure, but here I go again today. Again, yet again.

Man oh man I wish I could be one of those LC success stories. The people who started Atkins (insert any LC plan here) and never looked back. I guess I will always be dealing with food/eating issues. I guess I need to accept that and move on.

Feeling a bit down today ladies, but will work on my attitude and forge ahead.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody! Still on plan, still doing great.

Sandy - you are NOT a failure! What is it? 3 years now we have been cyber allies? And I have NEVER seen you give up! You always get right back up! You are amazing and as far as I'm considered you already are an LC success story!!!

Soobee - Maybe the exercise helps but I also think that its just a total lack of sweeteners. I hide the sugar because my youngest ds has behavioral issues associated with sugar, and I really don't like ANY other sweeteners. And I find the longer I go without sweets, the less I want them. I think this might be true for alot of people. I made choc. chip cookies for the kids last night - after a long time - I was avoiding making them treats for fear of cheating - and I wasn't even tempted to lick my fingers or the bowl or anything. And I also noticed that the kids were satisfied with one or two cookies instead of wolfing down the whole batch!

Hummingbird - You are so right! Not everyone can go on Atkins (or whatever) and lose all their weight at one go and then just maintain it forever! I have been at this for years. I started my initial journey back when my youngest ds was 7 months old. He will be 9 in May! I initially lost 40 pounds and then got stuck for like 3 years. Then gained a few back and got serious again and lost another 20 pounds. Got stuck again for few years, gained a few back and that's where I am now. I am just sick and tired of having this goal and never getting to it! I AM gonna make goal this time and then I AM gonna maintain it. It just isn't as easy for most of us as some people make it seem!

Last edited by Blondie Baby; 03-04-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Everybody is different. My husband and I are slow losers. I envy the fast losers, but you have to work with what you've got. I figure we can all get to our goals, but it will take longer for some. If this is a way of life, which we are trying to convert to for good, then the time it take shouldn't matter. It really helps to have so much support on this LOOOOONG journey. So thanks to everyone here on this thread.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #175
lavender and lace

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow is day #1 of Weeks 1-2...I am NOT switching plans this time!

Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ladeelilian
Stats: 129/126/110
WOE: 6 week cure
Start Date: March 4, 2010
hello everyone. i have been following the LCF forums for a while as I have been doing low-carb since May 2009. finally decided to join and start on the 6 week cure. I actually read the book when it first came out but i am finally ready to be serious with it!

I started week 1 on Friday so I am half way through day 3! hopefully being on the forum and posting can keep me in line for once!
ladeelilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome,ladeelilian. How are you feeling? If you are already on Week 3, you have been through the hardest part.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome ladeeliian!!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ladeelilian
Stats: 129/126/110
WOE: 6 week cure
Start Date: March 4, 2010
Thanks soobee. I'm feeling pretty good so far... Just started Thursday so I'm only on my 4th day right now. I've been doing brunch as my meal at work (paid lunch for working at a casino!) and then 2-3 shakes after work. But I changed things up today and brought 2 shakes to work so that I can cook dinner with my DBF.

I forgot to check my weight before starting my diet so I'm not sure how I'm doing but I feel my tummy has flattened but I'm actually hoping to lose some inches around the hips and thighs! Keeping track now as of yesterday

hope I can stick to this diet.. Haven't really stuck to a diet over a week or two without some type of cheat!
ladeelilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #180
lavender and lace

Today's day #2....the shakes are so filling - I don't get hunger pangs at all. Last night, we went to Red Lobster and I had steak and lobster....

Before my weigh-in on Saturdays, I may have my meal at breakfast Thursday and Friday. I re-read the part about weeks 1-2 and it said the one meal of the day can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. It also said for the meat weeks in weeks 3-4...some veggies can be eaten...it's not all meat. I tried the meat and eggs years ago and got really constipated :blush: even though I was drinking a lot of water and taking fiber capsules. I need my veggies.