Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hang in there Daisy. I had really yummy protein powder flavours (double chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla), think that definitely helped. Hang in there!

I am struggling a little more this week. Feel hungry at work and a shake isn't cutting it. Add stress to the mix and I want to eat to relieve the pressure. I need to hang in there too.

Soobee have a wonderful vacation!! Post if you can.
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Speedymagee, are you adding an egg to your shakes? I never tried it, but many people said it helped them with hunger. You could also try upping the protein powder. I only was supposed to get 1 scoop, because I weighed under 130 to start. But on long or hungry days, I went up to 1 1/2 scoops, and that seemed to do the trick.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daisy, I had the same chewing problem. We are much happier on weeks 3-4.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Daisy - I'm with you! I've noticed I'm not really hungry but I want to CHEW on something! I'm hanging with these shakes but I'll be so glad to get to meat week! Still need someone to post the guidelines for 3-4 please.
Blondie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're off for vacation today. No weight loss in a week. But strangely, we both lost an inch of VAT and an inch of SAT. Hopefully lots of sunshine and exercise will get the scale moving.
Maryam, you are to eat 3 meals a day. You need a minimum of 4 oz protein in each meal. People of greater weight can eat 8 oz. No more than 6 carbs per meal. Low carb vegies are the best thing. You can increase your protein and fat, if you are hungry, by making bigger meals or by adding a protein snack. Do not add any carbs.
No dairy whatsoever. Twice a week you can have a single 4 oz glass of wine. You can have caffeine in moderate amounts. Eat as much protein and fat all day long as you need to be satisfied. Put fat on your vegies and cook your meat in fat. No grains, starchy vegies, or legumes. You can start taking your regular medications if you really need them. Take your leucine and vitamins. Drink lots of water.
Good luck on Weeks 3 & 4.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #96
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
Start Date: 4/18/2014
I am thinking of starting the Cure soon and am currently following low carb. For those of you who did the Cure, how long did you did 3-1 plan? I need to pull out my book. Did you exercise regularly, I use my ellipical, treadmill and several exercise DVDs. What kind of protein powder do you use? I stick with Designer Whey, because I really love it and it keeps me full. When you went back to regular meals, did you show any kind of gain and how big are the meals when you're on the 3-1 plan?

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 02-06-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Moonstruck!
I am starting week 4 tomorrow and am following the book, so the 1st 2 weeks were shake weeks, next 2 are meat weeks and my last 2 weeks will follow their guidlelines too.

I use a couple of different protein powders, but brand doesn't matter so long as there are less than 3g of carbs per serving. Whatever tastes good to you is good, so long as it's low carb.

I would really recommend the book if you can get your hands on it, lots of good info there. Eat until full, but not stuffed.

When are you thinking of starting?

I will weigh and measure Monday morning as I start my 4th week and see how things are going.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #98
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
Welcome Moonstruck!
I am starting week 4 tomorrow and am following the book, so the 1st 2 weeks were shake weeks, next 2 are meat weeks and my last 2 weeks will follow their guidlelines too.

I use a couple of different protein powders, but brand doesn't matter so long as there are less than 3g of carbs per serving. Whatever tastes good to you is good, so long as it's low carb.

I would really recommend the book if you can get your hands on it, lots of good info there. Eat until full, but not stuffed.

When are you thinking of starting?

I will weigh and measure Monday morning as I start my 4th week and see how things are going.
Oh thank you...I am thinking of starting after this week and have read the book from cover to cover. I am currently following more Atkins than South Beach. Do you all exericse regularly? I exercise four days a week.
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

I try to do something 6 days a week, but when I say something it could just be a walk or 10 minutes of kettlebells. I will increase it as I improve.

DH has hit the meat wall today. He is meated out and ready to quit. Honestly today was tough for me too. I told him if he wants to enter the maintenance phases and add in some fruit, more veggies, some dairy and less meat that's ok by me.

See how I feel tomorrow after the weigh in

Maryam and Daisy How goes it?
Soobee Hope you're having a wonderful holiday.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone! Feel great today. Finally got my energy back! Moonstruck. I exercise 5 days a week, usually at least an hour. Sometime on the weekends I go for bike rides - or more likely - ride my bike to run errands!

Today is the beginning of week 2 for me. - 1kg (2.2lbs) this morning. Will do my measurments this evening after I work out and everything. I'm pleased with the loss. Can't wait to see what the measurments say!

Sandy - I'm dying to see your results! I'm trying to think if I could actually be meated out! I LOVE meat and I'm so looking forward to Meat Weeks! Tell your DH to hang in there. He's come to far to quit!

Soobee - Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

<<<<<Me
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Well no change in weight, but my calves have shrunk

I feel good though, lots of energy, really steady moods and positive outlook.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi to all. We are sticking to the plan. It's hard to tell if we lost any weight recently, because all scales are different. My husband, the world's slowest loser, has had to take in his belt notches.
Speedymagee, would your husband be happier doing some shakes?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feel good today. Still drinking water like crazy. Workouts have been intense. Did The Original Step Reebok/Upper Body yesterday. Really tried to puch myself. My shoulders and upper back are sore today. Sticking to the plan 100% despite people coming around nearly everyday passing out sweets. Unfortunately, in this culture, it is considered RUDE to not accept and you can really offend people. So I just took a piece of cake and piece of chocolate that was offered to me. As soon as the person walked off, I put them on the desk of the guy next me - I know he likes sweets and he wasn't present at the time so he would have missed out anyway!

Took my measurements yesterday and I'm a bit astounded! 2" off my waist, 1" off my hips and 1/2" off my thighs! I'm thrilled.

What is a typical breakfast for you guys during meat weeks? Got my lunch and supper plans, just need to get my breakfast menus done.

Sandy - Glad to hear you are feeling so good. I wish my calves would shrink!!!!! Congrats!!!

Soobee - to dh for taking up the belt! That's even better than seeing than the scale go down!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Soobee Sounds great!! Your dh must be thrilled!!

Maryam I have been enjoying all kinds of eggs for breakfast. I made poached eggs on broiled tomato, all kinds of omelettes and scrambles. Easy and so far not bored of them. Oh and woohoo on all those inches!! It must be tough with sweets coming around every day too. Be strong.

I bought a new scale yesterday and am 154 on the new one (155 on the old one). I'll wait until Monday to change anything. Yesterday I roasted a chicken and even made stock with the carcass. I think dh and I will both be having 1 shake per day this week. Dh lost 6 pounds this past week, forgot to mention that.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Conratulations, Maryam. 2 inches off your waist. It sounds as if the diet is working perfectly for you. And Speedymagg, your husband's weight loss is astonishing. I'm so happy for both of you.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy - Thanks! I love omelets and can do all kinds of creative things with them! I can't wait. To tell you the truth, I am starting to feel the effects of whey protein (and I don't mean good). As a child I suffered from an allergy to milk which I mostly outgrew but I tend to avoid milk except in very small doses because of it. But with these shakes 3 times a days, I'm feeling it again. Just I can make it through the rest of the week! getting sick of them, too!!!!

Soobee - Thanks. How is everything going for you and DH!

You ladies are so lucky to have your DH's in this with you! I'll just be so happy when mine is home again! I'm really missing our early morning weekend jogs or bike rides! :blush: By the time he gets back it will already be too hot for them!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maryam, I switched to egg white protein and coconut milk got just that reason. Egg white protein has no taste that I can discern.Some place in the book, the Eades mention whey protein OR egg white protein. Mine is 0 carbs.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NachoRevolution
I started the 6-week cure end of September and stayed on the meat weeks from weeks 3-4, with the exception of a little bit of dairy. On that plan I lost 45 lbs in 90 days, and I am still losing weight. during those 90 days I did not work out at all. I didn't even park on the far side of the parking lot. The plan did and is working great.

People at work have seen the change and now about 12 people here are doing and losing weight like crazy as well.
NachoRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skipped my afternoon shake yesterday - to tell you the truth, I was busy at work and completely forgot about it! But I felt MUCH better for my workout after work! I have decided I am going to TRY and get myself to workout on Firday (our weekend is Fri/Sat) since I will be home alone with nothing to do. I'm sure it will really help me lose more weight.

Soobee - Can you give me a brand name of that Egg White Protein? Unfortunately many things are not available her but I should be able to get it online.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NachoRevolution, congratulations on your weight loss. That is so terrific.
Maram, I buy egg white protein from Rose Acre Farms online. 2 tablespoons equal 100 calories and over 20 grams of protein. No carbs at all. I buy 10 pounds at a time.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

NachoRevolution Wow!! What amazing results! Are you happy with your food? I ask because I am a bit tired of meat, meat, meat (I'm in week 4).

Maryam OK I will be expecting a Friday exercise report! (Hope that helps to motivate you, not trying to be a jerk)

Soobee Hope you're having a nice holiday. Has it been fairly easy to stay on plan?

We are hanging in, but am looking forward to fruit and dairy next week.

My sister is coming to visit midway in week 5 and will be here until after I am done. I am not telling her about the 6 week cure. I will be learning how to deal with maintenance and will try not to lose my mind and go crazy.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I just wanted to add something. I am learning to cook. I mean really cook. I am in my 40s so I suppose I should know basic stuff, but I really don't.

I roasted a free range chicken on Monday and it was so unbelievably good I couldn't believe I made it and how easy it was. Who knew this stuff??

After I roasted the bird I made stock with the carcass. Today I made the best chicken soup I have ever tasted. I am learning to cook and it's thanks to the 6 week cure!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did it! I got up and worked out this morning! But I have decided that I just cannot do anymore whey protein! I feel like crap and I'm just making myself sick. Do you thinks ok to start meat weeks a couple days early?

Sandy - I totally need that! I was thinking about NOT working out and then I thought, now how am I gonna go back on LC and tell them I was too lazy to get up and exercise! Thanks!

Soobee - Thanks. I'm looking into getting some egg white protein.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I would say it's better to switch to meat than go off the rails or make yourself sick. Are you close to 2 weeks? Could you get egg protein and stick it out?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maryam, I agree with Speedymagee. I would go to the meat and vegetable week right away.
Speedymagee, congratulations on your cooking prowess. You will find it MUCH easier to stick with healthy eating as you cook more often.
Hubby and I both lost a pound. It's been so slow for us, about a pound a week. But we are sticking to plan.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
I just wanted to add something. I am learning to cook. I mean really cook. I am in my 40s so I suppose I should know basic stuff, but I really don't.

I roasted a free range chicken on Monday and it was so unbelievably good I couldn't believe I made it and how easy it was. Who knew this stuff??

After I roasted the bird I made stock with the carcass. Today I made the best chicken soup I have ever tasted. I am learning to cook and it's thanks to the 6 week cure!!
That is exciting! The recipes in the book look great. I haven't tried them yet.

I am not doing well. The shake weeks are hard!

I haven't measured, but I managed to lose two pounds (I think).

I have some better protein now and want to start anew on tomorrow since I ate saltines yesterday - grr and arg!

I am hanging in there. Not to use school and studying as an excuse, but it does seem to get in the way of steady exercising and sticking to plan. blerg.

Let's keep this thread going even when we (meaning me!) fall off.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I decided to go into meat weeks since I only had a couple days left anyway. Egg white protein would be an oprion if I could find any here. But since I have to order it online, that wasn't an option. Feel much better since stopping the whey protein - the dry hacking cough, sore throat and nasal congestion are almost completely gone! And meat weeks are perfect for me! Took the kids to the park for a bbq yesterday. Cooked enough steaks to bring for lunch everyday this week!!

Sandy - Congrats on learning to cook! Actually maybe its a good thing you are just now learning. You will learn good LC cooking, instead of having to re-learn everything like some of us!!!! Have fun with your sister and nephew!

Soobee- Mabrouk on -1. That's great. It may be slow but remember Slow and Steady Wins the Race!!!! You're doing great!

Daisy - Hang in there, Yes busy schedules can seems to derail us sometimes. I find that good planning really helps. I try to make sure all my lunches for work are ready on the weekend before. All my other meals are planned. And I know exercise is hard to get in sometimes, but I firmly believe you just have to MAKE time! And get the saltines out of the house - they are a weakness of mine, too!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

My weight is up 1.8. Measurements are holding. I am not worried, wish it were down, but it isn't. I will carry on and in fact I am really excited about lifestyle design (a term I stole from Tim Ferriss, author).

I will am not going to stay strictly on meat weeks. I am going to start weeks 5 and 6 and see how my weight goes, especially with my family visiting.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to add DH is down 5. He's pretty happy!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
That is exciting! The recipes in the book look great. I haven't tried them yet.

I am not doing well. The shake weeks are hard!

I haven't measured, but I managed to lose two pounds (I think).

I have some better protein now and want to start anew on tomorrow since I ate saltines yesterday - grr and arg!

I am hanging in there. Not to use school and studying as an excuse, but it does seem to get in the way of steady exercising and sticking to plan. blerg.

Let's keep this thread going even when we (meaning me!) fall off.
Maybe just keep going, even if you fall off. No biggie, just carry on. My falling off this week was worse than saltines, but I am not defeated.

I had a lite beer this week and a waffle incident. So I am not judging. The lite beer is allowed during weeks 3 and 4, but waffles are not. I don't even feel guilty about it, even though I gained almost 2lbs, because I am into changing my lifestyle and a waffle sized bump in the road is not going to derail me.