Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
About the hungries Daisy...

I work evenings(usually 4ish to 11ish) and I was very worried that I would be hungry all day every day. I work as a server in a restaurant, so I was very worried all the smells and sights would do me in. I had to organize it so I eat my meal about an hour before work. Therefore I don't have my 1st shake until noon. I drink a couple mugs of hot yerba mate to quell the hungries, but by noon I am HUNGRY!

My meal holds me until 7pm, when I have shake 2 and finally when I get home from work I have my third one. This schedule works great for me. I would encourage you to find a schedule that works for you, so you know when the next meal/shake is coming. Psychologically it really helped me.

Also the first 3 or so days were the hardest and after that everything was (and still is) manageable. I am actually more concerned about the meat weeks. Bye bye fruit, bye bye yummy chocolate milkshake-like protein shakes.

Oh I always add an egg, unless I am taking my shake to work, then I skip it as I am trying not to kill myself with salmonella

Thanks for the chart infor Soobee.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
No change in either of our weights today. Tonight we measure SAT and VAT again. I am eager to know the results. I think the measurements might give a better idea of what is really happening to our bodies.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

GL Soobee!!
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I think the egg in the shake sounds like a really good idea. I am going to try that.

I picked up some pre-made shakes (in a can) that I can bring with me if I'm at school for a long time. They don't taste bad.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We finished Weekls 1 &2. Real food today. We measured again last night. Wec both lost 1/2 VAT, no change in SAT. HUbby dropped 1/2 pound. I do know my waist is going down. I can see it in the mirror. And I haven't been at this low weight in 3 years, so I am really satisfied. This diet did exaxtly what I hoped already for me. It's all gravy after this. For my husband, however, I am disappointed. He is such a slow loser. I was hoping the liver cleansing woiuld jumpstart his weight loss.
Good luck to everyone starting today. Speedymagee, if too many meat meals bother you, the Eades said you could substitute one meal with a shake everyday. I don't know if that would help you. I liked the shakes, but my husband would rather never see one again in this lifetime.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Was that a half inch VAT Soobee? Well done!!
Is your husband feeling better at all, even though his weight loss was small?

It sounds like it's been exactly what you wanted/needed! Congratulations on being at your lowest weight in 3 years, that's got to feel pretty sweet!

GL to everyone who is starting out.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Here are my results for weeks 1 and 2

-6lbs
-8.5 inches all over
My waist -2 inches
hips -5 (biggest surprise!)

I am really pleased with these first 2 weeks.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Speedymagee, these are terrific resuilts. You lost as much weight as my husband and me combined. 8.5 inches is terrific. Can you see a difference in your shape?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blondie Baby, how is your first day goiing?

DaisyGG, are you over your hunger pangs?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post

-6lbs
-8.5 inches all over
My waist -2 inches

Holy crapinoli! 5 inches off of the hips?? Ooooh that is amazing!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
Blondie Baby, how is your first day goiing?

DaisyGG, are you over your hunger pangs?
I am restarting today. Had a popcorn bump last night. Not awful, but I want to start clean.

The egg in the shake totally worked for me yesterday though. I had one before school and I was good until 1:30 when Pup and I went for lunch (protein-style burger and coleslaw at Culvers).
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Thank-you!
I forgot to mention DH lost 5lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Holy crapinoli! 5 inches off of the hips?? Ooooh that is amazing!
I am happy about this measurement, but I think it's actually partly my waist. What I mean is I think lowest part of my belly shrunk, hence my hips seem smaller. I have a weird body:blush:
Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
Speedymagee, these are terrific resuilts. You lost as much weight as my husband and me combined. 8.5 inches is terrific. Can you see a difference in your shape?
YES!! It's thrilling. I am very squishy, but have more shape around the waist and hips for sure.

I am making my very first ever pot roast today in the slow cooker. In 41 years, never made one. Hope it turns out.

Thanks for the reminder about the shakes during weeks 3 and 4. I think I will continue to take shakes to work on nights I work and do my best to eat regular meat meals outside of that.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #74
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
WOW!! Congrats!! That is phenomenal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post

-6lbs
-8.5 inches all over
My waist -2 inches

hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Morning Everyone! Today is my official day and I'm excited but I can already feel the headache coming - from not getting the caffiene I'm used to! I know this because I always get a headache the first few days of Ramandan. But I am psyched and ready to go! Was shocked when I stepped in the scale this morning! I have been avoiding the scale for like a year now! I'm back up to 75Kgs (165lbs)! So now I am really serious about losing! I've decided the best plan for me is a shake before work, bring lunch - today I have a salad with turkey breast and boiled eggs and an apple, then a shake directly after my workout in the afternoon and my last shake before bed.

Sandy - Those kettelbell workouts should help with the squishy! I watched the video you posted and it looks INTENSE!

<<<<<Me
Blondie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maryam, how are you doing on Day 2?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was EXHAUSTED all day yesterday! Maybe its from the lack of caffiene in my system. Anyway, hoping today will be better.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Coffee headaches are the worst! Hang in there Maryam!!

Dh and I donated blood today. Dh sailed through like a trooper on his first visit, but me I had a little trouble. I have donated at least 8 times and never had a problem, but today I felt like I would faint and vomit afterwards. They said it could be because I was worried about dh (I really was, didn't think he'd go through with it, thought for sure he'd be a fainter....silly).

I lost another pound. 155 today. I want to buy a new scale, I think digital would be best and easiest to read. What do you gals use?

How are things going in the second phase Soobee?

Fine now though I will go to bed early and have been drinking lots and lots of water.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maryam, I was tired the first few days, and I never drink caffeine. I imagine it is even worse for you. Hang in there, as Speedymagee said.
Neither of us lost weight today, but we are feeling fine. Food is so delicious, once you've been deprived. I got some compliments at the gym yesterday, so although my weight loss is slow, it is showing.
We have an old balance beam scale, left to us by a retired doctor. I like it, because you can't jump around and manage to change the answer.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Digital is the way to go Sandy. I'm craving a new one that uses a decimal point, but then I'd get all hung up on, "Oh I lost .3 of a pound! Yay me! Let's go have some Doritos"!

<sheepish>

But digital is nice. When I had a regular scale, I would lean this way and that way to make the needle be in a different spot. I am incorrigible.

I had a busy day yesterday, but put an egg in my morning shake and felt great all through class and was doing good to make it to my 1:30 afternoon shake.

For that one I grabbed a pre-made one and hmm - not nearly as delish as my blended one, but I had to get a move on.

For dinner I met my girlfriend at Panera. I had a wonderful tea and their chopped cobb salad. It is served with a vinaigrette, but I made the counter-person check if it had any sugar and NO it didn't - yay! It was pretty nummy.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Daisy Sounds like a good day! How's your energy? Had a laugh about the scale - I would cheat if I could see that far! Dang! I do NOT want glasses! I am going digital!
Maryam Feeling better?
Soobee I agree with you about food. I am enjoying everthing so much.

I work tonight, so will be taking a shake to work. I know it's not the best option, but he does say it's better than skipping a meal or not getting enough protein, so that's what I'll do. I don't usually have time to actually sit down and eat, not until after 9pm and sometimes not at all, so a shake will ensure I get the right amount of protein.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Felt much better yesterday. I added some sea salt to my shakes and I got my new supply of multivit/min so I think that helped. I made it thru my step aerobics and Upper Body workout without much problem. I think the biggest drawback is the protein shakes. I have tried many, many kinds of protein powder and have yet to find one that tastes good! Are we allowed to add flavoring or anything like that? I have been adding coconut oil to shakes because I usually put it in my morning coffee and my skin really misses it when I don't get it!

Oh yeah, caffeine headache is gone today!

I have a regular scale which gives me kgs/lbs. I'm pretty good about NOT playing with the numbers. And it reads the same as the scales at the dr. the other day so I'm good. My biggest problem is avoiding the scale!!!

Sandy - stop being in denial and go get a cheap pair of reading glasses!!!! I am wearing contacts AND reading glasses!!!! I REFUSE to get bifocals!!!

So how about a run down on the meat weeks so I can start planning menus??!!! Can someone please post the rules.

Last edited by Blondie Baby; 02-02-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Maryam Yes flavourings are ok. They are really against aspartame, so you can use SF flavors or even diet sodas (without aspartame). I added frozen berries to one shake a day (about 1c).
Old 02-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Thanks Sandy! That's great! I have stevia - don't do artificial sweeteners - but I was thinking of maybe putting a drop or two of peppermint flavoring to make a mint chocolate chip shake!

And I did add strawberries to my shake last night because I didn't have fruit with my meal. I guess I'll do that again tonight since I keep forgetting to pack fruit!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

I was flipping through their shake ideas section this morning and they use cold decaf too and things like coconut, orange, even rum extract.

I meant to ask you about your avi pic. Is that Washington? How did you fare in the cold after so many years of warm?

Nothing much to report here. Week 3 is smooth sailing compared to weeks 1 and 2. Just cruising along.

How are you finding weeks 2 and 3 Soobee?
How are you doing Daisy?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maryam, I am sensitive to whey protein, so I switched to egg white protein. My husband switched also, not because of sensitivity but because of taste. I don't know if you would like egg white powder better.
Speddymagee, we are doing fine. No weight loss today either, but tons of compliments on my looks at work. Also it's so wonderful having food. We are leaving Sat. for a 3 week holiday in Florida. We both plan to stay on plan.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soobee - I actually have a bit of trouble with the whey protein, but soy is worse and the taste of the egg protein makes me gag! I'll take the whey, thank you!!!! on the compliments! That is always such a big motivator!

Sandy - My avi was taken at the Outlet Mall in Williamsburg VA. And I didn't do well in the cold. Just not used to it anymore! BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

So far so good. Headache is gone and I feel more energetic. Today will be my last workout for the week. Friday is my rest day and Saturday mornings is errands, Saturday afternoon is bbq in the park with the kids! I'll try to check in but if not, have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I'm hanging in there! It isn't easy. I don't like the whey I bought either and I've run out of the (expensive!) Jay Robb.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daisy, how many more days of shakes do you have? Am I right in thinking it's about a week to go?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

I have a week from Sunday more to do I think.

Do you guys think it's hard? I miss chewing I think! Apparently my mouth is used to chewing all day long!