Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
LCShadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,431
Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Intermittant Fasting 2010

I hope I am doing this right. Here's our new thread for 2010. Happy New Year!

And here are our cool information links on Intermittant Fasting.

to the new decade!
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
LCShadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,431
Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
I hope everyone got their new year off to a great start. Here in the south we eat greens and black-eyed peas for luck on the new year -- and I did.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 878
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Happy New Year everyone. Hope this year is a good one for all of us. Can't say I'm sorry to say good-bye to '09.

Greens and black-eyed peas--I forgot about that tradition. Sounds tasty.
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
I hope everyone got their new year off to a great start. Here in the south we eat greens and black-eyed peas for luck on the new year -- and I did.
Me too!

Peas = Coins
Green = Dollars
Cornbread = Gold

I had some Low Carb Corn Bread mix. I cut it with almond flour and gluten to make it even lower carb and used bacon grease and red pepper flakes. I got one serving of precooked peas from the deli and mixed it with rotel for a makeshift hoppin john.

BF, who is from 'the south' won't touch it and thinks I'm a crazy Yank for finding all of these "southern traditions" he's never heard of. He even asked, when I inquired whether he knew the words to sing Auld Lang Syne, he asked "Is that some sort of Negro Spiritual or something???"

I don't think so!! LMAO
__________________
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 01-01-2010 at 06:47 PM..
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
THank you, Shadows, for getting us off to a great start in the new year.
Started back over today and it's going a lot better. No hunger to speak of at all. I can't say I was satisfied totally after eating, but that is more habit and will go away after a few days.
Hoping for a whoosh tomorrow, but I'll take what I can get, lol.
Hi Sue and Metqa, glad to see you both here. Hope the rest will find us tomorrow.
I ate buffalo chili for lunch AND for supper. Not good to eat it 2 X in a row, but I did anyway. Off to the store tomorrow for chicken breasts and shrimp and apples and ??? Very very low carb for the next 3 wks.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
THank you, Shadows, for getting us off to a great start in the new year.
Started back over today and it's going a lot better. No hunger to speak of at all. I can't say I was satisfied totally after eating, but that is more habit and will go away after a few days.
Hoping for a whoosh tomorrow, but I'll take what I can get, lol.
Hi Sue and Metqa, glad to see you both here. Hope the rest will find us tomorrow.
I ate buffalo chili for lunch AND for supper. Not good to eat it 2 X in a row, but I did anyway. Off to the store tomorrow for chicken breasts and shrimp and apples and ??? Very very low carb for the next 3 wks.
Thanks Shadows for starting us off for the New Year.
Linda, hoping for a whoosh for you today. I never had a problem with eating the same thing for two meals per day.
Metqa, Sue, Missalissa, Sarah, Bright Angel, Mary, and all in IF land.


I'll be joining Linda tomorrow on the straight and narrow.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Good morning,
Scale is down 1 lb this morning, to 157, so while it's not a great loss, it is a lb and I'm taking it. Downward I will go!!

Good for you, Barbara, for getting back to the straight and narrow. Maybe my body didn't mind having 2 meals the same either. I have one more bowl of buffalo chili to get down before it's gone (I'm tired of it by now, lol). Off to the store today for cucumbers, chicken and shrimp.

Hope everyone had a GREAT first day in the NEW YEAR and hoping everyone will have the greatest year ever!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good morning,
Scale is down 1 lb this morning, to 157, so while it's not a great loss, it is a lb and I'm taking it. Downward I will go!!

Good for you, Barbara, for getting back to the straight and narrow. Maybe my body didn't mind having 2 meals the same either. I have one more bowl of buffalo chili to get down before it's gone (I'm tired of it by now, lol). Off to the store today for cucumbers, chicken and shrimp.

Hope everyone had a GREAT first day in the NEW YEAR and hoping everyone will have the greatest year ever!!
Good Going Linda, 1 lb. down is very respectable and hope it continues every day for you.
I have just about the same shopping list as you, so off to the store I go.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 878
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Good morning everyone. I have to say it is sort of a relief to have holidays done and now getting back to some normal routines.

Barbara, welcome back from your trip. Hope you didn't get caught up in the blizzards in NY.

Linda, I think you've done so well overall since I hung out here a year ago. We know how to get back to where we want to be. We've done it before and can do it again.

Hiya metqa and everyone else.
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,030
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Knew the scale would be up today. Went with the towtruck on an Interstate call yesterday, so we ate at a restaurant for lunch. Last night I ate everything in sight. Not sure why, but especially salty tasted good. Today, much better, but filling up on herbal tea...with stevia. But I did not eat anything until about 11:00, so if I get supper fixed early, I can still get a 7 hr window in.

Do you guys also do LC for the eating within your windows, or just watch calories????
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Karen, I do low carb ALL the time (except when I'm being bad) because hubby has diabetes and in order to keep his blood sugar in line, we have to eat low carb. It serves me well and I have stayed mostly low carb for over 10 yrs now. I don't eat grains or starchy veggies or sugar or flour (grain). Don't think the body needs them at all. IF I do happen to have a bowl of oatmeal (once or twice a year) I thoroughly enjoy it and then go on with my life...not the instant but the steel ground oats. I also eat sprouted grain bread on occasion...VERY good, but I try not to eat it too often. I don't eat it because I think I need it but because I want it, lol. I have lately ( a couple of months ago) started eating Quinoa because it's a complete protein, and is a seed, not a grain like most believe, although I do have to be careful with it too and I won't be eating it for the next month, for sure.

I also think it's great that while you haven't lost much this past year, you were able to maintain your losses. That is a MAJOR achievement in my book.

Thanks, Sue, for your compliment. I AM a lot better than I was a year ago, thanks for reminding me. I need to keep that in mind and you are right, I know how to get back to where I want to be. That's what I need to focus on, not the 11 lbs gained back.

Thanks, Barbara, for cheering me on. Hope you got some yummies at the store too. I had shrimp for lunch, but need to finish the chili for supper, even though the shrimp was so good I'd like to have it again.
Having s/f Hot Apple Cider to help w/ the hungries, although it's not really hunger, it's wanting to snack. 10 calories per cup isn't bad, even though it has the evil artificial sugar in it.

Metqa, I think cutting the corn bread mix w/ almond flour was a brilliant idea. We also had some black eyed peas. I bought a can at the store, hubby had 1/2 teaspoon and I had 1/2 teaspoon and then threw the rest of the can out. Just didn't want to take any chances, KWIM?
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Hey Everybody! Happy Happy New Year!

Hey karen, I had planned to do IF with low Carb, but it seems I can't get my act together. Some days I can IF without thinking about it, other days I have to eat something earlier or later. But I think it would be a great way to go. Today, I was out and about and felt only thirsty till 4pm when I got hungry. I made the mistake of eating pork rinds and spinach dip and got sick to my tummy, then I turned to some good ol' fatty cabbage and sausage soup and I feel fine even two hours later from only one cup of that! Don't worry, It will come together for you once you and your body agree on what you want.

Hey Linda, Glad so see you. Got the hunger bug squashed, I see? Mmm, I'd like to have some cider. I have one package of SF apple cider left for a special occasion, I think right now is special enough!

Hey Barbara! Hey Sue! Hey Shadows! Happy New Year!
Are we missing some folks?
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey Everybody! Happy Happy New Year!

Hey karen, I had planned to do IF with low Carb, but it seems I can't get my act together. Some days I can IF without thinking about it, other days I have to eat something earlier or later. But I think it would be a great way to go. Today, I was out and about and felt only thirsty till 4pm when I got hungry. I made the mistake of eating pork rinds and spinach dip and got sick to my tummy, then I turned to some good ol' fatty cabbage and sausage soup and I feel fine even two hours later from only one cup of that! Don't worry, It will come together for you once you and your body agree on what you want.

Hey Linda, Glad so see you. Got the hunger bug squashed, I see? Mmm, I'd like to have some cider. I have one package of SF apple cider left for a special occasion, I think right now is special enough!

Hey Barbara! Hey Sue! Hey Shadows! Happy New Year!
Are we missing some folks?
I agree Metqa. Right now is special enough. You need to buy some more, girl.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Too True. The problem with a secret stash is if it's too good a secret . . .you can't find it!
With the water boiling, I can't find that last package! I guess I DO need to buy some more!
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Aww, keep looking. And if you can't find it, c'mon over to my house. I have plenty and would love to share a cup or two and some time with you too.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Thanks! I just found the last two packets of SF Hot cocoa, I checked the ingredients and no sugar or starches, just whey and other flavor ingredients. They don't make this anymore so I enjoyed it very much! It was very creamy. I miss this brand It was Swiss Miss and only 9 carbs.
Thanks for the motivation to find these, it was a treat!
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Thanks! I just found the last two packets of SF Hot cocoa, I checked the ingredients and no sugar or starches, just whey and other flavor ingredients. They don't make this anymore so I enjoyed it very much! It was very creamy. I miss this brand It was Swiss Miss and only 9 carbs.
Thanks for the motivation to find these, it was a treat!
Ohhh, I adore S/F hot cocoa. I'm so glad you found it. What a great treat on a cold night. I might have to fix one of those later.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,030
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Karen, I do low carb ALL the time (except when I'm being bad) because hubby has diabetes and in order to keep his blood sugar in line, we have to eat low carb. It serves me well and I have stayed mostly low carb for over 10 yrs now. I don't eat grains or starchy veggies or sugar or flour (grain). Don't think the body needs them at all. IF I do happen to have a bowl of oatmeal (once or twice a year) I thoroughly enjoy it and then go on with my life...not the instant but the steel ground oats. I also eat sprouted grain bread on occasion...VERY good, but I try not to eat it too often. I don't eat it because I think I need it but because I want it, lol. I have lately ( a couple of months ago) started eating Quinoa because it's a complete protein, and is a seed, not a grain like most believe, although I do have to be careful with it too and I won't be eating it for the next month, for sure.

I also think it's great that while you haven't lost much this past year, you were able to maintain your losses. That is a MAJOR achievement in my book.

Thanks, Sue, for your compliment. I AM a lot better than I was a year ago, thanks for reminding me. I need to keep that in mind and you are right, I know how to get back to where I want to be. That's what I need to focus on, not the 11 lbs gained back.

Thanks, Barbara, for cheering me on. Hope you got some yummies at the store too. I had shrimp for lunch, but need to finish the chili for supper, even though the shrimp was so good I'd like to have it again.
Having s/f Hot Apple Cider to help w/ the hungries, although it's not really hunger, it's wanting to snack. 10 calories per cup isn't bad, even though it has the evil artificial sugar in it.

Metqa, I think cutting the corn bread mix w/ almond flour was a brilliant idea. We also had some black eyed peas. I bought a can at the store, hubby had 1/2 teaspoon and I had 1/2 teaspoon and then threw the rest of the can out. Just didn't want to take any chances, KWIM?
Quinoa???? What is it, and where do you find it? They had it on the food segment of the Today show this morning, so funny you should mention it at the same time....

You are always the solid rock on the group, to me, when I have blown off my eating plan......... but LC would be easier for me, if DH didn't love his carbs, and work hard enough that he probably needs some....so potatoes it is......but I have switched him to Coke Zero, and some cooking with splenda, so he gets lots of his carbs from potatoes and wheat bread. That is about as much as I can modify his menu, with him being willing.....and don't like him grouchy......
Ice cream is his biggest folly, and they don't carry a LC ice cream in our little grocery store.

How cold is it down in Oklahoma? DD21 is driving home tomorrow by herself, with a horse, and diesel pickup, so hoping she doesn't have any issues........
__________________
192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180 179 178
10/25/06 weight 191.0 Started Atkins; Fell off 2008 Struggling CAD in 2014
12/31 2006... 2007 ... 2008 ... 2009 ...2010 ...2011... 2012 ... 2013... 2014
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,030
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey Everybody! Happy Happy New Year!

Hey karen, I had planned to do IF with low Carb, but it seems I can't get my act together. Some days I can IF without thinking about it, other days I have to eat something earlier or later. But I think it would be a great way to go. Today, I was out and about and felt only thirsty till 4pm when I got hungry. I made the mistake of eating pork rinds and spinach dip and got sick to my tummy, then I turned to some good ol' fatty cabbage and sausage soup and I feel fine even two hours later from only one cup of that! Don't worry, It will come together for you once you and your body agree on what you want.
There are days I can skip BF and never miss a beat. If I wake up starving, I stick to eggs/sausage. And I can't say I do LC, but I know I do Lower Carb than I used to eat......so I guess that is a lifestyle change, for sure. 3 years ago I lived on sugar and starch......
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Quinoa???? What is it, and where do you find it? They had it on the food segment of the Today show this morning, so funny you should mention it at the same time....

You are always the solid rock on the group, to me, when I have blown off my eating plan......... but LC would be easier for me, if DH didn't love his carbs, and work hard enough that he probably needs some....so potatoes it is......but I have switched him to Coke Zero, and some cooking with splenda, so he gets lots of his carbs from potatoes and wheat bread. That is about as much as I can modify his menu, with him being willing.....and don't like him grouchy......
Ice cream is his biggest folly, and they don't carry a LC ice cream in our little grocery store.

How cold is it down in Oklahoma? DD21 is driving home tomorrow by herself, with a horse, and diesel pickup, so hoping she doesn't have any issues........
Quinoa is an ancient seed, I've heard Dr. Oz talk about it on several occasions. We aren't too familiar with it in the USA, but I found some at my local health food store. We really, really like it. It was WAY too expensive there, so once i found that we liked it, I bought a bunch on Amazon. It wasn't pre-rinsed, so I have to rinse it, but it only takes a few minutes and worth it for getting it cheaper, lol. It has a lot of carbs, so we are careful with it, but we have it now and again. I would say it takes the place of rice, but it tastes better. I cook it with just water and add butter on my plate. Yumm. I'm sure it would be good cooked w/ chicken broth also, but hubby likes to put AS and cream on his, like a rice dessert.

I do understand about your hubby wanting his potatoes. Starch is one of my favorite foods, in any form, but I just can't get away with it. It would be hard for me to have to fix potatoes and not eat them, so I'm thankful I don't have to. Sounds like you have come a long way in changing some of his eating habits. Good for you. Some starches I could stay away from, like bread, (but NOT hot rolls, lol) but potatoes are one of my favorites.

The high today is supposed to be 23, so it will be cold, but the roads are dry so DD shouldn't have any problems unless she will be traveling on dirt roads. That would be a problem since we got so much snow and the ground is saturated. If she sticks to the highway through Oklahoma, she should be fine.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Good Morning all, hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. It's COLD in Central Fl. Not quite 40 degrees and was lower at night. I don't mind being bundled up and wearing the heavier clothes for a change.

Today is my first day back on the straight and narrow. Need to get the almost 10 lbs. of holiday indulgence weight off and not let it go any further.
Hugs to all,
Barbara
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,030
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Quinoa is an ancient seed, I've heard Dr. Oz talk about it on several occasions. We aren't too familiar with it in the USA, but I found some at my local health food store. We really, really like it. It was WAY too expensive there, so once i found that we liked it, I bought a bunch on Amazon. It wasn't pre-rinsed, so I have to rinse it, but it only takes a few minutes and worth it for getting it cheaper, lol. It has a lot of carbs, so we are careful with it, but we have it now and again. I would say it takes the place of rice, but it tastes better. I cook it with just water and add butter on my plate. Yumm. I'm sure it would be good cooked w/ chicken broth also, but hubby likes to put AS and cream on his, like a rice dessert.

I do understand about your hubby wanting his potatoes. Starch is one of my favorite foods, in any form, but I just can't get away with it. It would be hard for me to have to fix potatoes and not eat them, so I'm thankful I don't have to. Sounds like you have come a long way in changing some of his eating habits. Good for you. Some starches I could stay away from, like bread, (but NOT hot rolls, lol) but potatoes are one of my favorites.

The high today is supposed to be 23, so it will be cold, but the roads are dry so DD shouldn't have any problems unless she will be traveling on dirt roads. That would be a problem since we got so much snow and the ground is saturated. If she sticks to the highway through Oklahoma, she should be fine.
She is highway all the way home.

What is a "good price" for the Quiona seed, since you have already researched it????
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Wow, ya got me on that one, Karen. I had to go get my bag that I bought last time to figure that one out. I was wrong about it coming from Amazon, it was another website I order from, but I'm afraid to post it. Just google Azure Standard and I'm sure you'll find it. I paid around $15. to $16 dollars for a 5 lb bag, which isn't bad. I paid around $9. or so at the health food store for 12 oz. Of course, I had to pay shipping also, so that made it cost more. The 5 lb bag should last us several years, lol, since I only make about 1 C. at a time and that lasts us several days. I only use like 1/4 C., measured out on my plate when I eat it. It's too high in carbs to be low carb, but since it's a complete protein, and the brand I got is organic, I figure it's better than grains. Just something for a little variety.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Oh I loved Quinoa. I like to say it out loud: Keen -Wa!

I think it's more interesting than rice also. I made a crock chicken soup once and use the quinoa instead of rice and liked it alot!

Sigh: After nearly killing myself last night, i need to finish cleaning and burning the oven so I can cook something. I've run out of easy to eat food, except for eggs and I have no appetite for them.

Yesterday I had that spinach dip a cup of soup, and later and atkins bar. I know that's not enough, but I just have not much appetite for food, and since I still don't have the kitchen in order for cooking, it suits me right now.

Another session of Crisis Cleaning today.
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!
 
poopsie2223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado Rockies
Posts: 1,260
Gallery: poopsie2223
Stats: 5'-8" - 209/197/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Since 1998 restarted 08/08/11
Hello!

I had thought to start the New Year with Stillman but after talking it over with my husband, he agreed to go with a combination of Fast-5 and low carb. Since the choice was do Stillman all by myself or have a buddy on this plan, it was really a no brainer.

I am planning to do Stillman in combination with Fast 5 during Lent, however, but for now I'm just doing pretty much an Atkins Induction plan combined with a feeding window between noon and 5pm. That works well with our schedule, better than 5-10pm especially for hubby because he has stomach problems and tends to get reflux if he eats late in the day.

So for today on the menu is -

Noon meal - Spinach Lorraine Omelette (two eggs filled with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and spinach and bacon)

4:30 meal - Low carb curried chicken with coconut milk, salad, roasted peppers and green beans.
poopsie2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hi Poopsie, welcome to our thread. Glad to have you join us. I guess you could say I'm on a Stillman type diet, very strict, while I'm in dieting mode, but general Atkins when I'm not. You can do both with I.F.
Noon to 5 PM is when my window is usually open, unless I get too hungry and then it's 11 AM to 4 PM, or if I have a longer window, it might go 11 to 6 PM We're pretty flexible around here.
Hoping it will work well with you and hubby.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
Amandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
Gallery: Amandy
Hello, all! I just found this new thread. I guess I was posting on the wrong one!

Happy New Decade to all!

I actually have an appointment so must run but am glad to find the right thread.

Re quinoa, I just buy it in the grocery store, which saves shipping. It is always available in stores here. I only like it in sweet dishes such as puddings or as a sweet porridge.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,469
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/138.1/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Welcome Poopsie!

Happy New Year Amandy!
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Good Morning all, hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. It's COLD in Central Fl. Not quite 40 degrees and was lower at night. I don't mind being bundled up and wearing the heavier clothes for a change.

Today is my first day back on the straight and narrow. Need to get the almost 10 lbs. of holiday indulgence weight off and not let it go any further.
Hugs to all,
Barbara
Hi Barbara, it's good to finally see your post. Brrr, it sounds like you guys are freezing down that way. Do you even HAVE a coat to wear?
Good for you for getting back at it. Looks like we both have about 10 lbs to lose. Hopefully, it won't take long, although I don't lose as quickly as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Oh I loved Quinoa. I like to say it out loud: Keen -Wa!

I think it's more interesting than rice also. I made a crock chicken soup once and use the quinoa instead of rice and liked it alot!

Sigh: After nearly killing myself last night, i need to finish cleaning and burning the oven so I can cook something. I've run out of easy to eat food, except for eggs and I have no appetite for them.

Yesterday I had that spinach dip a cup of soup, and later and atkins bar. I know that's not enough, but I just have not much appetite for food, and since I still don't have the kitchen in order for cooking, it suits me right now.

Another session of Crisis Cleaning today.
That's an interesting description of Quinoa. " More interesting than rice". It's true, it is more interesting AND more flavorful. We just adore it, but it could become a habit, so I'm very careful with it.

Don't let you food intake get too low, Metqa. The crisis cleaning can wait. Of course, I'm not a cleaner anyway
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,155
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Hello, all! I just found this new thread. I guess I was posting on the wrong one!

Happy New Decade to all!

I actually have an appointment so must run but am glad to find the right thread.

Re quinoa, I just buy it in the grocery store, which saves shipping. It is always available in stores here. I only like it in sweet dishes such as puddings or as a sweet porridge.
Happy Decade, Amandy.
You can buy the quinoa at a regular grocery store? Ok, now I'm jealous!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.