Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Seconding the mmmm for the crabcakes.

Linda, hope you feel better and get the t-3 sorted out. Congrats on the scale being down.

Lisa, you are doing great! :cheer:

Karen, hope the winter weather is abating some, and the same to all who are suffering the bad weather this year, including me here in sunny (NOT) AZ.

Congrats to Melissa!

I am tired. I registered for a short race (although a HUGE event) taking place in April and even though I exercise daily I am out of shape for running, I find, and want to run the whole distance (although walking it would be fine also, I love to walk). So I rejoined my old gym and am paid up for six months so I can train on the indoor track and treadmill and I worked out at home today, then went to the gym for two hours (trained for one, took pilates class so as to get my money's worth lol).

Bye bye!
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Thanks, Amandy! That's great that you are going to run. I am planning to run a 5k myself this year

DH brought home KFC grilled chix last night at 9 PM. I have been saying I want to try it and he just bought it on a whim on his way home from PT job. It was so hard to say no, but I did!!! The family saved me 2 breasts and I'll be eating em during my window today
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Good morning, everyone

Had a ball w/ BFF, but she was making fudge when I walked in....UGH....I helped her eat it. <sigh> so scale is back up to 155 this morning. I'm pretty sure it's mostly water weight and should be gone in another day or so.

Haircut turned out great. Love it when I love the cut. We had a lot of fun shopping, visiting. Found a couple of cute jackets/sweaters on sale. Got home just in time because the winter storm rolled in this morning.

Karen, they predicted 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, but now they are saying up to an inch. Yikes!!!! I'm thankful hubby bought the generator, for sure. There will probably be lots and lots of power lines down. All schools have closed and they sent son home from work as soon as he got there.
Hoping the scale was kind to you again this morning.

Amandy, don't know if it's my imagination or if the t-3 is already helping, but feeling better already. Not a lot, but some. Might also just be that the thyroid I couldn't get at all for a week might be kicking in.
Wow on working out for 2 hrs at the gym. I do good if I can get in 30 min workout. You will be melting for sure with that type of exercising.

Lisa, Congratulations on passing on that KFC chicken. Not sure I could have been that strong. Let us know what you think of the chicken.

Afuentes, yummy w/ the crab cakes, but don't envy the 2 mi. run, especially in the RAIN . WTG, girl

Melissa, congrats on losing those lbs. You're doing GREAT!! Keep it up.

Hoping I haven't left anybody out. Have a warm day, everybody.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda~ Fudge is one of my weaknesses too Glad you had a good time w/ your friend

The chix was delish! Here's my menu for today:

KFC chix breasts
2 Atkins shakes
1 TBSP natural PB
1 oz. macadamia nuts

Also I completed 3 WATP miles I hope my scale is down tomorrow...Fridays are my official WI day
Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good morning, everyone

Had a ball w/ BFF, but she was making fudge when I walked in....UGH....I helped her eat it. <sigh> so scale is back up to 155 this morning. I'm pretty sure it's mostly water weight and should be gone in another day or so.

Haircut turned out great. Love it when I love the cut. We had a lot of fun shopping, visiting. Found a couple of cute jackets/sweaters on sale. Got home just in time because the winter storm rolled in this morning.

Karen, they predicted 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, but now they are saying up to an inch. Yikes!!!! I'm thankful hubby bought the generator, for sure. There will probably be lots and lots of power lines down. All schools have closed and they sent son home from work as soon as he got there.
Hoping the scale was kind to you again this morning.

Hope you don't get that much ice...that is really destructive on trees and property......

And the scale was kind this morning. Then we ended up going to bowling alley this afternoon, and ate chicken strips.....salt is going up.....

But at least I didn't have to cook!!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

TGIF!!!

Weighed in this am and I am VERY happy

Lisa....150.5...150.0...148.5...147.5...147.0...14 6.0...144.0...skip...147.5...145.5...143.5...144.5 ...142
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen, we got a lot of ice but most in the form of sleet, so didn't accumulate on power lines or branches like freezing rain does. Still, some power outages. Snow has started this morning and supposed to go until 3 PM, so that should help on the side roads. I won't be going out today. I'm so glad the scale was kind to you. Unlike you, I had to cook yesterday. However, I made it easy, made skillet pizza. Yummmy!!! Had it for lunch AND supper.

Lisa, WTG on the weight loss!! Congratulations, girl!! You are doing something right!! Your menu looked yummy too.

Scale was down for me today to 154, so at least it's going in the right direction again. I am feeling warmer, so wondering if the t-3 is kicking in, but then I bought new pajamas also and they are WARM.
I got some chili out of the freezer for meals today. It just sounded good with the cold and ice out. It's not really THAT cold, but cold for our area. It's about 24 degrees, and if there isn't any wind, pretty comfortable outside when you're bundled up. Hoping you aren't getting slammed, Karen.

Ok, everybody have a great day today.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

We are colder up here---about zero, but sun is out and no snow or ice falling. Just have to deal with what is already on the ground.....

Glad you still have power. DD boyfriend works DOT down there, so he was out snow plowing already last night.......

and chili is todays menu here. Just sounded good to me too.

(Also, scale down again today, so I am hoping it continues.....at least down to Jan 1 weight......) It has been a long month.....
Old 01-29-2010, 06:13 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Linda! I'm glad your scale is going in the right direction and that the weather wasn't as bad as it could have been. Very cold here too Chili is perfect on a day lke this...enjoy
Old 01-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Karen~ Glad your scale is moving...enjoy your chili too....I have 2 pounds hamburg thawing in the fridge...just may have to make some myself
Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

I just had one of the "Whey Not Brownies" everyone here is raving about ...OMG they are sooo yummy!

ETA~ I broke my fast a bit early this am, but I just HAD to try one of the brownies warm from the oven

Last edited by scrappychik; 01-29-2010 at 08:26 AM..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
282.2 this morning.
Congrats to all the losers.
Have a great weekend!!
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 View Post
282.2 this morning.
Congrats to all the losers.
Have a great weekend!!
Don't know about you, but weekends are usually harder for me with DH around...stay strong Melissa...the 70's are soooo close
Old 01-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Don't know about you, but weekends are usually harder for me with DH around...stay strong Melissa...the 70's are soooo close
Luckily my whole family is eating healthier now. Took long enough to get hubby on board, but he's making efforts. I made oopsie's for the 1st time yesterday and they were a huge hit. I can participate and feel better for my family for the midnight snacks of grilled cheese sandwiches because I can use the oopsie's. LOL.

I love seeing the smaller numbers. Feels better getting further from the 300's.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Karen~ Glad your scale is moving...enjoy your chili too....I have 2 pounds hamburg thawing in the fridge...just may have to make some myself
Put off the chili til tonight, but I had some Quinoa and ground flax that I am stuffing in the chili.....and DH won't even know he's eating it!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thawed the chili for hubby yesterday but I got so hungry for creamed cabbage, so I made a huge skillet of it and oinked out on it. Also made the flax/eyrithritol brownies and they are sooo yummy. Guess the rest are going to have to go into the freezer.

Congratulations on your loss, Melissa. You are rockin' right along, girl.

Scale is UP a lot today, so guess I really overate yesterday w/ the creamed cabbage and brownies, even though they were low carb I probably ate 3,000 calories. Errmm, that doesn't work. Oh well, back to basics today. Smaller amounts, nothing so exotic, more water, etc.

We ended up getting about 6 inches of snow on top of the ice and that is just about enough to get people stuck. Hubby has 4 wheel drive, so I can probably get out and run some errands. It's beautiful to look at and looks like it's going to stick around all week since we are having cold temps, so not much melting. No wind is good.

Had to laugh, Karen, about the Qunioa and flax being added to the chili. As long as DH doesn't know, it's all good. There is still chili in the fridge from yesterday, so I guess that is the meal plan today.

Everybody stay warm.

Last edited by lindaokc; 01-30-2010 at 08:22 AM..
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Congrats on the losses everyone. I don't think I will be able to start my eating window at 4pm or later like I usually do. I am starving now so I will be having lunch today.

My goal this week is to stay the same or get to 147lbs. I wanted to be at 145lbs. by Superbowl but don't think that will happen.

Have a great Monday.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Afuentes, having an earlier window is what I do some days also. Hang in there and you will see your goal by Sunday.

I started today with a smoothie and will have to have supper a little earlier than normal. Not sure what it will be....the smoothie was really yummy today. I had 4 C. raw spinach, 5 frozen strawberries, 1/2 C. yogurt, 2 T. coconut oil 1/2 scoop protein powder and a touch of strawberry DaVinci's. Sounds awful but really was yummy. You could see the color of the spinach but not the flavor. Tummy started being upset a little later, so I might have gotten too much coconut oil in....I haven't had it in quite awhile and you need to work up to it.

Scale said 155 today, so while it's up, it's down from the top when I ate the flaxmeal brownies.

Don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but on Feb. 9th I am going in for a tummy tuck. I am terrified and hoping the pain won't be unbearable I've wanted to do this for a long time, but finally bit the bullet, so I might not be around for a few days or longer than a few days, depending on how fast I heal. Keep me in your prayers.

Hello to all and here's hoping you'll all have a great week.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Down 4.25 this week. Still going strong.
Linda - I'm in your pocket on the 9th. WTG on your decision. I'll pray for a speedy and pain-free recovery for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Melissa. I appreciate it. Great going on the 4.25 gone

Scale was the same this morning, which doesn't surprise me. I flat overate yesterday. Nothing I shouldn't have, just too much of it.

Hope everyone has a nice warm day today.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning I haven't been following IF for the last few days...TOM is due any minute and it always wreaks havoc on my plan I am staying LC but not staying as strict as I'd like. Also I have gotten out of my exercise routine and am having trouble finding a groove again. Today is a new day though so hopefully I will do better.

Linda~ Best wishes for a successful procedure with as little discomfort as possible.

Melissa~ Great job on the losses

Amandy, Karen and afuentes!

Last edited by scrappychik; 02-02-2010 at 08:33 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Hey, Afuentes, having an earlier window is what I do some days also. Hang in there and you will see your goal by Sunday.

I started today with a smoothie and will have to have supper a little earlier than normal. Not sure what it will be....the smoothie was really yummy today. I had 4 C. raw spinach, 5 frozen strawberries, 1/2 C. yogurt, 2 T. coconut oil 1/2 scoop protein powder and a touch of strawberry DaVinci's. Sounds awful but really was yummy. You could see the color of the spinach but not the flavor. Tummy started being upset a little later, so I might have gotten too much coconut oil in....I haven't had it in quite awhile and you need to work up to it.

Scale said 155 today, so while it's up, it's down from the top when I ate the flaxmeal brownies.

Don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but on Feb. 9th I am going in for a tummy tuck. I am terrified and hoping the pain won't be unbearable I've wanted to do this for a long time, but finally bit the bullet, so I might not be around for a few days or longer than a few days, depending on how fast I heal. Keep me in your prayers.

Hello to all and here's hoping you'll all have a great week.

Congrats on your tummy tuck!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats Melissa and hang in there Lisa - we can all relate.

I am hungry again and it is earlier. What's going on????? Usually I am not hungry until late afternoon. Oh well.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Tax season has hit in full force, so I will only be dropping by.....too busy to spend much time. (Have about 30 tax returns waiting to be done now)

Later.

Karen
Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Hi, all! Congrats on all the losses. I am very busy with work also plus not feeling well, or rather have a strange ongoing pain from where I had a flu shot weeks ago. Having the doctor check it tomorrow but think it is ok.

Been doing the "window" also but as previously stated, I do mine as a visualization technique (fantasy motivates me ... my favorite window thought is that there is a mysterious 1950s beach with cafe that has a window where they pass the food out to the customers ... ummm, yummy veggie burgers or something ... and when it is closed, I hang around and look at the ocean and the sky and the sand until the cafe opens again as I like their food so much).

But anyway, I digress, I am doing kind of hit or miss intermittant fasting. Did gain two pounds back that I'd lost last week, too many carbs.

I am trying to run as I registered for the Pat's Run/Walk in April and I want to run it. I did it once before when it was just Pat's Run (although lots of people walked lol) and ran most of the way and I want to do better even though I am older, so long story short, I am trying to run again and wanting a lot of carbs.

Made yummy muffins today with 100 percent whole wheat organic flour, raisins, eggs and a scoop of low carb vanilla protein powder (plus baking soda and water). Really delicious and because the muffin tins were too small, the muffins puffed up into the shape of little chickens ... funny.

Apologies for this me-me postie! I am not really as self-absorbed as I sound and read all your posts, just ranting.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Zenngrl
Stats: Tight 18/----/Comfy 12 is my goal! - 5'6
WOE: ESE
Start Date: 1/11/11
I'm thinking of doing 2-7pm, 1500 calories and trying to stay under 75 carbs.

Does this fit into IF? And if so will I lose on it?

I have about 65-70 lbs to lose long term, so I didn't want to go too low with calories, I know I can up it to about 1700 while I'm exercising on those days.
Zenngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #237
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Zenn, I don't think there are any hard fast rules that say that is or isn't IF. The fact that you have a window and a plan sounds well organized.

The E-book I read about Fast 5 didn't say to limit calories but that it is sorta self limiting, since you are only eating within a window to satisfaction anyway. By the time you feel hungry you might be asleep!

IF it were just a simple matter of calculating numbers we could say you'd lose, but we don't know if it will work for you till you try. Don't you hate YMMV? :rolf:

Tryit and see if you like it. I'm not losing, but I've got a bigger window, just because I don't tend to eat BF anyway, and I'm not really paying attention to calories. But I'm not gaining so I must be alright? IF I did it like I ought to ( LC, Shorter window) I'd probably lose, just because LC would help. But any reduction eating plan should work, you are just eating less often and all together.

Anyway, have a good night! Happy February!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Hi everyone. Good morning. Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting but I do lurk here just about every day to keep up with you all. I just wanted to share that I decided to weigh this am though I usually like to wait until the middle of the month, but I felt strong enough to deal with the numbers today and I was so surprised to see that I'm down another 6 lbs

That makes 10lbs off of the 20 that I had gained last year--halfway there! I swear this IF seems to work just like magic for me. Thank you all for being here on this thread--such a good support system here.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Zenn Glad to have you join us.

There is no special way to do I.F., there are differing hours for the eating window to be open, we all choose different hours, different plans to follow, some want 5 hrs, some 6 or 7, whatever works for you. We aren't strict in this thread, just whatever you need to do for you.

There is a sticky at the head of "other plans" that our dear Barbara put there for us with many links to I.F. You might want to read some of them.

Metqa is right, it depends on a lot of things if you will lose weight or not. No hard or fast rule on any plan on what it takes to lose. It all depends on the individual.

Hi Metqa good to see you here.

Amandy those muffins sound good. So sorry about the gain, but it will come back off, I'm sure. Especially if you're running. Hope wanting the carbs won't backfire.

Sue congratulations on the losses. Being halfway to goal is great and you should feel so encouraged by that.

I'm glad you are lurking but would love it if you would post more. We miss you.

Karen sorry you are so busy and won't get much time to stop by. Hurry back when you can.

Scale is about the same this morning, actually up another lb, *156* but it's been jumping back and forth. Too much snacking and too many calories, for sure. I was hoping to lose weight before the surgery, but I can see that is not going to happen. Nerves are shot.

Last edited by lindaokc; 02-04-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi everyone. Good morning. Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting but I do lurk here just about every day to keep up with you all. I just wanted to share that I decided to weigh this am though I usually like to wait until the middle of the month, but I felt strong enough to deal with the numbers today and I was so surprised to see that I'm down another 6 lbs

That makes 10lbs off of the 20 that I had gained last year--halfway there! I swear this IF seems to work just like magic for me. Thank you all for being here on this thread--such a good support system here.

Sue
Glad it is working for you. kutgw

I know it works here too, if I just stick to it!!!!