Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Hello, Bill & Nady. I am fairly new here but it is such a nice group.

I do not do IF exactly but seek to eat in a similar pattern.

Linda, for some reason I didn't see the cake recipe yesterday. That looks to die for.

Would it be the same if I used all Splenda or Splenda/Stevia for the sweetener, d'ye think?

I have to go to bed and read, not feeling quite the thing tonight.

Have a good day tomorrow, all!
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Hey Bill! Everytime I see your avi, I feel like I'm giving you a hug!
Congrats on finding a WOE that agrees with you.

I woke up this morning feeling annoyed that I didn't know what I wanted for breakfast, but then Oh, yeah! I can wait till I'm hungry and eat what my body feels like eating! Ha!

Hey Nady, Happy New Year!

Amandy, it's probably alright to use just splenda or splenda/stevia. Erythritol is less sweet than splenda and sugar, but it adds weight and volume because it is a crystal, unlike splenda which is a powder, and stevia which is practically no substance! IF it will be your first time making it, you won't have anything else to compare it to, so what you taste will be what you base your liking and later your tweaks upon. Next time you might use more or less sweetener based on this first try.

Oh gosh, I'm feeling hungry earlier than normal.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hi Bill, glad to have you here. I think all of us have tried that breakfast thing and if you aren't a breakfast person, you just AREN'T!! I hate breakfast, always have, even as a little person (kid) and couldn't stomach food until around lunchtime. It didn't work when I tried it and like you just found myself hungrier, earlier. Not fun. We don't all do the 5 hr window and some do 6 or 7 and some eat once a day. Everyone is pretty flexible here and we enjoy everybody doing what works for them.

Nady, so good to see you here. Amazing that you were able to maintain while you were gone. Atta girl!! Glad you are back.

Amandy, I've heard it said that chocolate and splenda just don't play together very well. I've experienced that before myself. I think by adding the stevia it should be fine. Having said that, there are times I've added splenda only when using chocolate and it was fine. I don't know what the difference was. Maybe the more ingredients the better the outcome? Just taste before baking and adjust as necessary, or add something else for sweetener if you have it.

Metqa, you're hungry sooner than normal probably because you were talking about sweeteners? Thinking about stuff like that makes me want to eat anyway. I just had lunch and I'm stuffed, but there was a yearning there when I talked about the cake. Ahh well.

Ok, is everybody sitting down? I'll wait......

I got on the scale this morning, and it was down 3.25 lbs!!!! In 2 days, no less. Last weigh in was 154.25 and this morning it was 151. I couldn't believe it, I got confused, got off the scale, got back on, tried standing different ways to get the scale to go back up because i just knew that was a false reading somehow, but it just kept going down until I hit 151. I was beyond thrilled Don't know what caused it, but I'm gonna take it, for sure.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #124

Wow, I fell out of my Chair Linda! That's great!
Keep doing whatever it is you did and send some out to the rest of us for good measure!

Oh BTW, I ended up being thirsty so I drank some water., and later had a large cauliflower bulb ( what do you call the big chunk of florets all bunched together on the head?) and 8 oz of Pumpkin Chili at noon and felt just fine! Guess what, My Mother wants that Pound cake recipe! It's spreading! I bought a case of cream cheese yesterday at $1/block so I'm supplied for oopsies, JLSBP, cake, Taco soup and a host of other cream cheesey meals for a while!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great buy on the cream cheese, Metqa. Wish I could find it that cheap here....oh wait, I did, before Christmas and stocked up....it's just that it's not being used right now. It will be soon enough.

Good going for your mom wanting the fudge cake recipe. Be sure and not overbake it. The one time I did, we didn't even want to eat it. It was truly yucky. It's really better the next day after making it. I don't use the icing recipe, just kinda make up my own or use whipped cream.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations on the weight drop, Linda! Hurrah!

Thanks to Linda and Metqa re the pound cake. The erythritol does not seem available here so I have never used it, so I was thinking of splenda and stevia.

This sounds strange, though, but I have also found that I don't need any sweetners at all in sugar free recipes. I might try that. I would love to make a low carb pound cake.

I never have time to cook anymore, though.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Didn't eat BF this morning, but I think I made up for it tonight........was starving!! And DH wanted chips with his burgers.......I did do my burger without buns, and only ate one handful of chips.....but followed them with a handful of Peanut M & Ms......

I had a deadline I wanted to get done today, so of course, we had a tow truck call. I went out and started his truck, and went back to my project. and another one called in. And that one required a tractor, so had to go run down our helper to take a tractor, and they were rolling corn......Dad can't see too well anymore, so I had to stay and help Dad with the roller mill, and by then it was lunchtime............ So I finally got my project finished at 3:20, and supposed to go to DD high school bowling at 3:30.......

And now a tow call to Des Moines tomorrow, and DH wants me to ride along to keep him company......it is now wonder I never get my work done!!! But I think that is why the peanut m & ms came in tonight.....

Sorry about the venting.............but I feel better! Thanks guys!
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
I was out of town for a few days taking care of some business with a renter and I'm catching up with reading posts. Things are sort of getting ugly with my renter--bleah. I'm glad to be back home and just want to get FOCUSED again.

I hear you, Karen, about all the demands on your time. That is what I have been feeling like--not enough time to move my own projects forward.

Hi to everyone else.

OK, gonna get myself offline and get a few things done and get some sleep.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Congratulations on the weight drop, Linda! Hurrah!

Thanks to Linda and Metqa re the pound cake. The erythritol does not seem available here so I have never used it, so I was thinking of splenda and stevia.

This sounds strange, though, but I have also found that I don't need any sweetners at all in sugar free recipes. I might try that. I would love to make a low carb pound cake.

I never have time to cook anymore, though.
Wow, Amandy, no sweetner even w/ chocolate? It's so bitter, I'm amazed that you can eat it. I eat 85% dark chocolate, which is very low in sweet, most find it bitter, but I've aquired a taste for it since I know it's good for you. I wonder if I could tolerate a cake without sweet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Didn't eat BF this morning, but I think I made up for it tonight........was starving!! And DH wanted chips with his burgers.......I did do my burger without buns, and only ate one handful of chips.....but followed them with a handful of Peanut M & Ms......

I had a deadline I wanted to get done today, so of course, we had a tow truck call. I went out and started his truck, and went back to my project. and another one called in. And that one required a tractor, so had to go run down our helper to take a tractor, and they were rolling corn......Dad can't see too well anymore, so I had to stay and help Dad with the roller mill, and by then it was lunchtime............ So I finally got my project finished at 3:20, and supposed to go to DD high school bowling at 3:30.......

And now a tow call to Des Moines tomorrow, and DH wants me to ride along to keep him company......it is now wonder I never get my work done!!! But I think that is why the peanut m & ms came in tonight.....

Sorry about the venting.............but I feel better! Thanks guys!
Man, Karen, I would be venting also. Plus, I wouldn't keep hubby company today since you had such a rough day yesterday. You deserve some quiet or catch up time. Of course, that is just me, you are probably not as selfish as I am I hope today goes better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
I was out of town for a few days taking care of some business with a renter and I'm catching up with reading posts. Things are sort of getting ugly with my renter--bleah. I'm glad to be back home and just want to get FOCUSED again.

I hear you, Karen, about all the demands on your time. That is what I have been feeling like--not enough time to move my own projects forward.

Hi to everyone else.

OK, gonna get myself offline and get a few things done and get some sleep.

Sue
Good morning, Sue. Hope today goes better for you and that you have a little time to do as you'd like. I feel like we have to take time for ourselves so we can fill our vessel back up. Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Scale is up 1 lb today, to 152. Not sure what that is about, but I'm not going to worry about it. I know I didn't do anything to deserve it and it will come back off. It's water weight, more than likely.
Went to yoga again last night. Didn't care for the teacher. I think I'll like Mon. nights better.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Wow, Amandy, no sweetner even w/ chocolate? It's so bitter, I'm amazed that you can eat it. I eat 85% dark chocolate, which is very low in sweet, most find it bitter, but I've aquired a taste for it since I know it's good for you. I wonder if I could tolerate a cake without sweet though.

Man, Karen, I would be venting also. Plus, I wouldn't keep hubby company today since you had such a rough day yesterday. You deserve some quiet or catch up time. Of course, that is just me, you are probably not as selfish as I am I hope today goes better for you.
I have started eating the dark chocolate, and getting to where I like it, also.

And I didn't ride with DH today--sent his cousin, for some male-bonding......

And so far, am getting some stuff done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First day IRS will accept electronic returns, so test run on first 3 today!!

Now I need to go put horses out to pasture, and let the 2 yr old out to water and hay. Then little guy (avatar horse) out to play after lunch.

DH is supposed to make a pie for a benefit auction tonight.....but he is gone all day. My thoughts are (since he is known for our soft serve ice cream, since we own 3 machines) is to take a pie pan, and fill it with soft serve ice cream, and top it with pecans, and caramel and chocolate syrup..........Do you guys think that would work for a benefit auction?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

DH is supposed to make a pie for a benefit auction tonight.....but he is gone all day. My thoughts are (since he is known for our soft serve ice cream, since we own 3 machines) is to take a pie pan, and fill it with soft serve ice cream, and top it with pecans, and caramel and chocolate syrup..........Do you guys think that would work for a benefit auction?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #132

That sounds Great! Ice Cream Pie! Drooool!
That is so unique an idea I'd love to see that!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds yummy to me too, Karen. Glad you decided not to go w/ hubby and send his cousin instead.

Hope you'll get lots done today and have a little time for yourself.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Hi everyone, i'm awake and back here again. I really missed my support group the last 5 days. I don't weigh very often because the numbers tend to mess with my head so I try to wait and do it about once a month. This am I got on the scale and fully expected not such good news but found I am down 4lbs so far since getting back to being more aware of my eating windows--I'll take it. I tell ya, this IFing is an amazing thing. I guess I was eating less than what it seemed.

Linda, that's great that you are doing yoga. I really lilked the teacher I found up at a meditation center not far from where we live. I find it is difficult to keep up with the class with the extra weight right now but I'm looking forward to getting back to it when I can. I still do some stretches on my own at home though.

You're right. That l lb will come right back off. It's those water weight gains that drive me nuts, so I just stay off the scale and let them all level off over time before I take a look at the news.

Karen, you are having a very productive day. You are inspiring me to get off the computer and get some things done myself.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hi, all!

Linda, I experiment with the no sweet cakes & cookies with fruit or something, not chocolate. I think I'm getting close to being ready for no sweetener with chocolate.

Karen, your ice cream pie sounds good.

It is cute that your avatar horse is "the little guy."

Metqa, hello!!!!

Sue, congratulations on your weight loss. That is great!

I weigh once a week, sometimes peek during the week (rhymes) but only take the once a week as official.

Good night, all!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Amandy, I'm impressed that you can eat chocolate without sweetener. I snack on 85% Lindt chocolate squares when not dieting, but they are very low on sugar. I had to develop a taste for them, most people I offer them to can't handle it. but I love them now. I haven't been able to tackle chocolate without any sugar though. Cocoa is SO bitter.

Scale is back down to the 151 today. Hoping for a loss tomorrow, struggling today w/ staying on plan. but so far, so good.

Hoping everyone has a fabulous week end.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
Down to 287.4 this morning. I love when the scale is going down.
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melissa, how exciting You're doing great. What do you think has made a difference?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
I found out I have beta cell damage, so I'm fighting to not become a Type 1 Diabetic now. I'm fighting for my life and even the smallest slip is dangerous.
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you for fighting. You are certainly worth fighting for. Keep it up, girlfriend.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #141

Gallery: Nady
Hi everyone~ Sorry I haven't been here to cheer everyone on, it would seem that what I thought was allergy, is actually a cold Today, I have a chapped *Rudolph* nose~ I had forgotten how much it hurts

Anyway~ just wanted check in ~ hope everyone has a great weekend~

~~~N
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I agree, Melissa, you are definitely worth fighting for and you are doing it! Case closed, you will succeed and are doing that, too. Congrats on the scale victory.

Nady, sorry you have a cold, feel better.

Linda, congrats to you also on the scale victory. I've been off of chocolate for two days actually and think I won't eat it for a long time. I am revamping my tastebuds as a part of revamping my life.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nady, sorry about the cold and sore nose. Hope you'll get better quickly. Colds are not fun. UGH!!

Amandy, you are totally off chocolate?? Congratulations for that. Not sure I could do it.....ever Sounds like you are awesome at setting goals for yourself and achieving them. Wish I could get to where you are with not using anything but fruit for sweeteners....of course, I'm not willing to do what is necessary to get there.

Scale said up .5 this morning, to 151.5. Not sure what that is about unless it's weighing earlier. I weighed at 5:30 as opposed to 8 AM like yesterday. Guess body is trying to stablize before losing again, at least that's what I'm hoping.

I spent yesterday all day baking bacon. I bake about 5 lbs usually and then divide it up into 3-5 freezer bags and freeze it, then just nuke it for hubby (and me if I'm not dieting). It makes cooking breakfast so much easier and bacon is about his favorite food, so I fix it every morning with his eggs. I'm glad the baking is over, it takes quite awhile to get all the bacon cooked, lol, but it's over now for a month or two, depending.

Weather sounds like we will clear off (foggy) and warm up after noon today and make it almost up to the 60's. Hope everyone has warmer temps. I know we are all sick of the cold.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #144

Gallery: katwhitt
Stats: 225/225/135
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 01/14/10
Hi ladies! This is going to be the year where I get this under control. I tried the alternate day fasting, but all that calorie counting all day gets me cheating eventually. I am trying the IF way of eating and I must say it is much easier. MY window is 4-9, and around 1200 cals, moderate carb. I am not going to be tied to the scale this time either, I'll weigh in on the 1st of each month. Wish me luck and I'm happy I found this IF group.
katwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Katwhitt, glad you joined us.

I.F. is easier for me than about any other plan. If I contain the amount of hours I allow myself to eat, it helps a lot. I'm going to try and just have a 2 hr open window today, don't know that I'll make it. My window is usually 11-4 or 12-5/6. Shooting for 4PM for opening today.

I'm glad I.F. is working for you. It's so smart to not weigh so much, but it's another one of my addictions
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwhitt View Post
Hi ladies! This is going to be the year where I get this under control. I tried the alternate day fasting, but all that calorie counting all day gets me cheating eventually. I am trying the IF way of eating and I must say it is much easier. MY window is 4-9, and around 1200 cals, moderate carb. I am not going to be tied to the scale this time either, I'll weigh in on the 1st of each month. Wish me luck and I'm happy I found this IF group.
Good luck with eating that way.

Whatever works!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

man, talk about depressing this morning. The scale is up 5 lbs since Friday.........and I knew I hadn't been doing great, but that is ridiculous. I logged my food yesterday, and came in at 1400 calories and 100 carbs.......So not really that terrible for me......I can lose at 60 carbs...........

That makes for a lousy Monday, and I haven't even got started yet!!!

Hope everyone else starts their week better than that!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooops, Karen, it's a good idea that you logged so you can see what you actually did. That will only help you. I'm thinking most of the weight came from water, since you had so many carbs, and as soon as you drop those down, the water weight will come back off. That is what usually happens with me.

I didn't even get on the scale this morning. I'm not doing well on my diet anyway, then blew it yesterday. PLUS, I found out I get 2 grandkids I'd promised to watch months ago while their parents went out of town for a few days (I'd since forgotten) and I'll have to be cooking meals for them every night and having things in the house I can't handle, so I am just throwing in the towel for now and I will try to maintain in the low 150's until I can get my head screwed on straight. Wish me luck
Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #149

Jakaren, sorry about the unusual gain. but It is likely water since your calories were so low, but your carbs were higher than usual.

I'm roasting a chicken before going to, YAay!Work! What if You had a protein day like we do for HCG corrections. It's proven and know, regardless of plan that eating high fat and protein with out carbs will lead to quick water loss, and in a short few days, once you've used up those carbs all the water weight would go with it.

I will be working for the first time in months(Yay!), and unfortunately hadn't figured out how IF will work with this. Ha! I'd usually eat breakfast and then lunch on the run, but trying to limit eating out, and I often forget to eat in the business of driving and finding my destinations. So I'm gonna use today sorta like a correction day. My chicken should be finished cooking before I leave at noon. I'm gonna eat a leg and bag up a lot of the rest of it to eat between visits. All meat and fat! I hope it does something for my scale but if it doesn't, at least it will have been tasty!

I'll bring the bones home for broth!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That chicken sounds lovely, Metqa. I will be making chicken for supper, but pan frying for the kids. Enjoy it, but a leg doesn't sound like very much for a meal. I guess as long as you plan on eating the rest during the day it should be enough.

Congrats on going to work, girl. I know it's been awhile and it will be good to get back to a routine. Enjoy your day.