Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
I just read back over the thread to try to understand what was going on with Barbara.

I am new here but sad for that as she seems a very sweet person. The IF is such a nice group and she is a sweetheart, assuming I am understanding whom you mean.

Surely that must be a misunderstanding that will be rectified.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Location: Best Coast and sometimes Memphis to be with grandsons
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/200/161
WOE: Paleo and IF
Start Date: Whole30 10/30/14
Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop by and check in. I know it is often quiet on this thread during the weekend. I'm sort of still pouting about having one of the matriarchs of our IF group taken away from us.

I kept busy most of today. Dh and I got the last of our Christmas lights down and we visited a friend in the hospital who had a mild stroke Friday nite. It was a wake-up call for him and I would say also 4 us since we are about the same age and have similar health issues.

I've been hungrier than usual this evening & had a hard time getting my window closed so I'm trying to occupy my mind with other thoughts. It takes so long to retrain the brain when it is so used to going to thoughts of food at the least hint of an excuse to eat.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and keeping warm.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Well, I blew it last night. Ate totally out of control. I hate it when I do that. Not sure it had anything to do with hunger. I must have eaten 12 oz. of steak, had what I was supposed to have and then just got some more. Ate an entire box of melba toast and then had some 85% Lindt chocolate, then made some strawberry ice cream in my new vitamix. UGH. Scale up 2.5 this morning to 156. I hate self sabotage. Wish I knew what was really going on.

Amandy, yes, Barbara is the one you were thinking about. I wish the situation could be rectified, but I'm afraid it won't be. Good luck on your weigh in today and congrats on being in the warmest place in the USA right now. It's sure cold here.

Rwcitysue, I understand perfectly how you feel about the situation with Barbara. Still kind of pouting myself.
I'm so sorry to hear of your friends stroke and I totally understand about trying to retrain the brain, lol. I think you did a better job than I did. Congratulations on being able to hold the line.

I hope everybody else has a great day today. Let's try to focus, ok?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Well, I blew it last night. Ate totally out of control. I hate it when I do that. Not sure it had anything to do with hunger. I must have eaten 12 oz. of steak, had what I was supposed to have and then just got some more. Ate an entire box of melba toast and then had some 85% Lindt chocolate, then made some strawberry ice cream in my new vitamix. UGH. Scale up 2.5 this morning to 156. I hate self sabotage. Wish I knew what was really going on.

Amandy, yes, Barbara is the one you were thinking about. I wish the situation could be rectified, but I'm afraid it won't be. Good luck on your weigh in today and congrats on being in the warmest place in the USA right now. It's sure cold here.

Rwcitysue, I understand perfectly how you feel about the situation with Barbara. Still kind of pouting myself.
I'm so sorry to hear of your friends stroke and I totally understand about trying to retrain the brain, lol. I think you did a better job than I did. Congratulations on being able to hold the line.

I hope everybody else has a great day today. Let's try to focus, ok?
You know, I hate to say it, but it is nice when someone else admits to the self-sabatage. I know I do it sometimes too. Not sure why, but helps to know others do it too. Makes it not quit so self-incriminating when I do it again......... But at least it isn't too often anymore, for me.

The scale will come back down for you
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

I do self-sabotage a lot as well, t'is the way the world wags, but we are strong 'n shall banish that demon (the self-sabotage demon).

Except I'm eating my one piece of birthday cake (by myself) today as tomorrow (the actual b'day) will be a bad day for work, I'm afraid. If I don't have my piece of cake I will then go into that sabotage mode 'n there goes the week.

My weight was stable again this week, a good string of maintenance Sundays, and I am happy with that.

Linda, I'd love a Vita Mix, bet your strawberry ice cream was good.

Sue, sorry to hear about your friend's illness, may she be well.

Karen, repeating self but I so love your horse.

I am now going to focus on reading and my cake! Happy Sunday to all.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Mmm, cake. I've got all this almond flour just waiting to be turned into Pound Cake!

Happy Sunday,All
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
I do self-sabotage a lot as well, t'is the way the world wags, but we are strong 'n shall banish that demon (the self-sabotage demon).

Except I'm eating my one piece of birthday cake (by myself) today as tomorrow (the actual b'day) will be a bad day for work, I'm afraid. If I don't have my piece of cake I will then go into that sabotage mode 'n there goes the week.

My weight was stable again this week, a good string of maintenance Sundays, and I am happy with that.

Linda, I'd love a Vita Mix, bet your strawberry ice cream was good.

Sue, sorry to hear about your friend's illness, may she be well.

Karen, repeating self but I so love your horse.

I am now going to focus on reading and my cake! Happy Sunday to all.
If you want to see photos, let me know, or go to Havens Barzonas and Palominos to see them.........I am proud of them. Raised them all.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Amandy, I am one to do the same sort of thing to try and prevent sabotage when I see a difficult situation coming up. Good job of planning ahead.

Karen, I think it says something for the work you've done to be able to say that the self sabotage is not too often anymore.

I've eaten sort of crazy so far today. Don't know what's going on with me--I must have felt the need for some self destruction or rebellion or something.

I'm with you, Linda, gonna apply some focus.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Amandy, I am one to do the same sort of thing to try and prevent sabotage when I see a difficult situation coming up. Good job of planning ahead.

Karen, I think it says something for the work you've done to be able to say that the self sabotage is not too often anymore.

I've eaten sort of crazy so far today. Don't know what's going on with me--I must have felt the need for some self destruction or rebellion or something.

I'm with you, Linda, gonna apply some focus.
Focus.............Focus................Focus...... .........

Maybe that is what we all need to work on.......Group effort????
Old 01-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Karen, your horses are just gorgeous. Now I know what you are doing outdoors in all this bad weather. I love the Corgis also--they are a a great breed, so loyal even the queen of England has a pack of them.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Focus.............Focus................Focus...... .........

Maybe that is what we all need to work on.......Group effort????
Yes, our new group mantra!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Hocus pocus focus focus.

Karen, your animals are all beautiful.

I would love to have a horse, although it is not in the cards.

Metqa, I use almond meal flour a lot. A quick thing I do with a little unsweetened fruit is to put the fruit in a bowl and place 1/4 cup of almond meal flour on top and pat it down into a crust with a teeny drop or two of water, then microwave for instant cobbler.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love it!! FOCUS !! Thanks, Karen

Amandy, I just got the Vita Mix. It was on special and I jumped on it. I've wanted one for a long time. Trouble is, now I hafta use it. I hope you enjoyed your pc of birthday cake in peace and quiet. Congratulations on being stable

You know, I've been hearing that self sabotage has been the name of the game the past couple of days for a lot of people. Wonder if it's something in the air or a full moon, or......? Lots of us struggling right now.

I've done BETTER today, not perfect, but getting closer to where I need to be. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back to normal (whatever that is) and can start back down the scale.

Metqa, hope you make that lovely pound cake. Or the carrot cake.....it's yummy too. I guess my favorite is the chocolate pound cake. Mmmm. Whatever you make, enjoy it.

So....the word for the month is FOCUS, right? FOCUS!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Happy New Year Everyone!
To begin, I have posted on this board before, and on others as well, but lost my password and it clicked back in with my really old info. Anyway, I have been doing my own sleuthing into the various protocols available and seem to come back to IF as the most logical one for me. Years ago I lost 35 lbs eating only once a day with a tiny mid morning snack of a piece of toast or something else very small. Then about 1-2 pm I would have a meal and about 5pm if I was hungry I would have another tiny "something". My doc said it was just fine and interestingly enough that is how I naturally want to eat. Then I came upon IF and I want to jump in once again to lose my lumps and bumps. My question for you is regarding the "window". I take it you aren't required to start at 5pm and end at 10pm. One could set their own window at whatever five hour period works best it seems. Can you please tell me your experience with this??? Can you then, in the 5 hour period eat one meal and a couple of tiny snacks?

Thanks for your help. It seems that as a group you are doing so well.

SuzeQ

Last edited by SuzeQ; 01-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Omitted something
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 50by50
TGIM

Thank goodness it is MONDAY! I, too, have been self sabotaging! Could it be my way of pouting about Barbara? Rebellion? Whatever it was, I am now on the FOCUS train with y'all!

Have no idea what damage my self-sabotage has wrought as I am wearing so many layers (yes, we are cold-weather wimps in New Orleans) that everything is tight!

However, this day/week I need the clear head and physical edge that clean eating gives so Focus, Focus, Focus is my affirmation this week.

Oh! Welcome SuzeQ ! My personal window is 1p-6p to try to stay with my family as much as possible.

The Focus Train has left the station! WooHoo!

Peace!
Katy
Size 18-20/Size 12/Size 6
(5'5")
50by50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, SuzeQ, we're so glad you decided to join us. If you will look at the top of the page under "Other Plans" there is a link there for Intermittant Fasting that Barbara put together. It's quite a few links to information about I.F. and might give you a better overview.

We're pretty laid back on this thread, and you can do I.F. in just about any manner you care to. My personal window is around 11 AM to 4 PM, sometimes stretching to 5 PM, so it's a 6 hr window sometimes. No matter. The main thing I.F. does for me is keep me from snacking of an evening and that helps a LOT!!. I do let myself have a hot cocoa or decaf or tea, but try and stay away from food....although.....night before last I ate clear up til bedtime (not good) and paid for it on the scale. :/ Anyway, we're glad you're here.

Katy, you're in good company. I can't believe all the people that said they had trouble w/ eating the past couple of days. Shocking. It must be something in the air, to have caught so many people off guard. Glad you are back in the groove now.

I did better yesterday, not perfect, but better and today will be a lot better than yesterday. Scale is down 1 lb to 155, so at least it's headed the right direction again. I too am on the FOCUS train today. Whoooo whooooo!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Welcome, SuzeQ, we're so glad you decided to join us.

Katy, you're in good company. I can't believe all the people that said they had trouble w/ eating the past couple of days. Shocking. It must be something in the air, to have caught so many people off guard. Glad you are back in the groove now.

I did better yesterday, not perfect, but better and today will be a lot better than yesterday. Scale is down 1 lb to 155, so at least it's headed the right direction again. I too am on the FOCUS train today. Whoooo whooooo!!!!
Eat, Eat, Eat. I think our instinct kick in sometimes, even though we hate to admit it........
I am working on getting the last of the leftovers out of the fridge, and then I am going to work harder on doing LC along with the IF.....I have kind of been maintaining, but there has been no losing going on here........

Hope everyone else is having better luck than I have,,,,,
Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
OMG!!!!

Quote:
Hi Quirky, good to see you here.

Well, the scale says 153.5 this morning, so back down .5. Not as much as I'd want, but I'll take what I can get, KWIM?

On another note, our darling Barbara emailed me last night and said she was permanently banned from lcf. I can't pretend to know what happened and it breaks my heart, but you will not see anymore posts from Barbara. I just know we are all sick over this.
Why????? I hate that. I just don't understand what she could do if anything. I have been warned about putting websites up...... Could anyone PM me her personal email address. I just want to say, "I miss her".
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Confession
Stats: 320/255/180
WOE: CAD/ IF
Oh so sad to hear about Barbara. She has been an asset here on the IF thread for a long time. She has always been such a great encourager. I will miss having her here.

I am with you all on this months motto: Focus! I did not have any slip ups in the past several days, but it was unusually easy since I caught the stomach virus my daughter brought home. It was so terrible, worse than a usual bout. It took me 3 days to get back to normal. The second day I kept falling asleep. Everyone in my household has had it now. (what a weekend this was!) On the plus side... I got down to 261, which is lower than my profile weight from before the holidays. The flu is a terrible way to lose weight though, and I wouldn't recommend it. lol

Karen- I checked out your site with the pictures of the horses. They are beautiful! I have not owned a horse, but respect all the work that they take since we have had various friends who do own horses. We live in a farm community, as you do.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #110

Happy monday Everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Hocus pocus focus focus.

Karen, your animals are all beautiful.

I would love to have a horse, although it is not in the cards.

Metqa, I use almond meal flour a lot. A quick thing I do with a little unsweetened fruit is to put the fruit in a bowl and place 1/4 cup of almond meal flour on top and pat it down into a crust with a teeny drop or two of water, then microwave for instant cobbler.
I like your cobbler idea, I'll have to try that on my stray strawberries.

Quote:
Love it!! FOCUS !! Thanks, Karen

Amandy, I just got the Vita Mix. It was on special and I jumped on it. I've wanted one for a long time. Trouble is, now I hafta use it. I hope you enjoyed your pc of birthday cake in peace and quiet. Congratulations on being stable

You know, I've been hearing that self sabotage has been the name of the game the past couple of days for a lot of people. Wonder if it's something in the air or a full moon, or......? Lots of us struggling right now.

I've done BETTER today, not perfect, but getting closer to where I need to be. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back to normal (whatever that is) and can start back down the scale.

Metqa, hope you make that lovely pound cake. Or the carrot cake.....it's yummy too. I guess my favorite is the chocolate pound cake. Mmmm. Whatever you make, enjoy it.

So....the word for the month is FOCUS, right? FOCUS!!
Better is better then nothing! I've never had a Chocolate pound cake. Always lemon or plain, hmm. Any recipe suggestions or am I just gonna hafta tweak that one up?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Happy monday Everybody!

Better is better then nothing! I've never had a Chocolate pound cake. Always lemon or plain, hmm. Any recipe suggestions or am I just gonna hafta tweak that one up?
Doing MUCH better today, Metqa. I searched and searched for that recipe on lcf and couldn't find it. That's because it's called:

Almond Flour Fudge Cake

Cake:
4 cups almond flour – scooped –16 ounces
2 cups Splenda (liquid equivalent or granular)
1/2 cup Erythritol – granular
4 packets Stevia Plus
1/2 cup cocoa - I like the Hershey's Special Dark
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons vanilla
1/3-cup oil
4 eggs
1-cup sour cream

Frosting:
1/2-cup butter – 1 stick – room temp
1 large egg – room temp
1/3 cup granular Erythritol – powdered – I use my coffee bean grinder
1/3 cup Splenda
2 packets Stevia Plus
8 ounces cream cheese – room temp
1 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350° Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well.

Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla…add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean and cake is firm to the touch. Do not over cook…cake should still be moist.

Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.

To Make Frosting:
Beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sweeteners and beat well scraping sides of bowl as needed.

Add the egg and beat until very fluffy…beat in vanilla.

Add softened cream cheese a little bit at a time beating until fluffy after each addition.

Frost cake...store in frig.

HTH. DH loves this and I make it for him when I'm not dieting. He can forget it for another couple of weeks.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sarah, hoping you are feeling much better today. You're right, of course. Terrible way to lose weight.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #113

Confession, sorry to hear y'all are still fighting the bug!

Linda thanks for the recipe, I'd never seen that one!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Happy monday Everybody!

I have an apple pound cake, a pumpkin pound cake, and poppyseed (that is to die for) but they were all made before Low Carb.....so none of them have been tweaked for lower calories yet......
Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #115

Quote:
I have an apple pound cake, a pumpkin pound cake, and poppyseed (that is to die for) but they were all made before Low Carb.....so none of them have been tweaked for lower calories yet......
I've made lemon poppy seed before. That was really nice. and pretty. I quit making it when I went job hunting. worried about drug screening!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Ate fast food on way home from high school event last night........and I tried to be good. I had no idea the sodium that was in chicken strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is better---the carbs in a bun, or salt in the chicken stuff?????
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I've made lemon poppy seed before. That was really nice. and pretty. I quit making it when I went job hunting. worried about drug screening!
Metqa, you never fail to crack me up!!

Quote:
Ate fast food on way home from high school event last night........and I tried to be good. I had no idea the sodium that was in chicken strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is better---the carbs in a bun, or salt in the chicken stuff?????
Well, the salt in the chicken stuff won't cause an insulin surge, so it's not gonna be stored as fat and comes off quickly.

Scale is down .75 this morning, to 154.25. I wanted that extra .25 for sure, but I'll be happy with what I got.
I'll be gone a couple of days since I"m going to BFF's house and making an appointment for a hair cut while I'm there. We always have a lot of fun together. Everybody behave while I'm gone.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: BillSears
Stats: 220(?)/189(low) restarting at ??? not weighing
WOE: Insanity...see my sig.
Start Date: 02/27/11- original-7/18/02
Hi guys! Nady pointed this thread out to me last week when I mentioned on the Playground about how I don't normally feel hungry until I start eating. So I thought I'd give this a try.

It's been 1 week now and for the past week I've stuck to the Fast 5 concept. I've only eaten lunch once during that time and on that day I skipped dinner. I usually break my fast at 2:30 with a snack, then have another snack later in the afternoon and whatever I want to eat for dinner. Nothing after dinner.

I've lost 3 pounds this week!

Now I know some of that is probably just because I'm off of the holiday foods. But I'm very happy with this WOE. Here it is 1:15 right now and I'm just starting to feel a little hungry. Overall with this plan I don't feel deprived, I feel slightly hungry for about an hour or 2 and I get to eat what I want.

I've tried the eat small meals often and all I do is crave more food. I've had the forbidden foods diets and all I concentrate on is what I can't have. I've even forced myself to eat big breakfasts because that's what everyone says to do. But in reality my body isn't hungry until the afternoon arrives so I've just been forcing food into my system because society says I should eat at certain times.

I don't plan on posting to this thread often but I might check back in every now and then. It's just good to know others find this way of eating easier then other methods.

“In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.” Elwood P. Dowd
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
BillSears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Confession
Stats: 320/255/180
WOE: CAD/ IF
Bill- Welcome. Feel free to come in and visit as often as you want. It sounds like this could be a very good plan for you.
Confession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #120

Gallery: Nady
Hi everyone~ Sorry I've been AWOL~ it's been a crazy holiday this year and am now just getting back on track I am happy to say that I maintained~ would have liked to lose, but not gaining is good~

I see Bill found his way here~ Bill! You'll like this group~ very supportive

Gotta run~ Have a great one all~
~~~N
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote