Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #1021
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Ah, dinner at the rellie's. Always a treacherous slope. Good luck! A squash/pumpkin dessert sounds great.
I got a new cure for portions. My sister called while i was eating, and by the time i got back to the table, everyone was on dessert. So didn't get seconds, even on my broccoli slaw!!

now, as long as i don't get hungry during the afternoon..........................
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdennysgirl
Fast 5

Is there a place on here where just posts about the Fast 5 diet are posted? I am seeing about everything else but that? Thanks. I have been to the Fast 5 website and read the book and all, but I just wondered if there was a place on LCF that pertains to just Fast 5 so I can see how others are doing on it.
jdennysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #1023
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennysgirl View Post
Is there a place on here where just posts about the Fast 5 diet are posted? I am seeing about everything else but that? Thanks. I have been to the Fast 5 website and read the book and all, but I just wondered if there was a place on LCF that pertains to just Fast 5 so I can see how others are doing on it.
This is where i came for info on Fast 5-----My life just works better with a Fast 7 hr interval. And can't always stay on plan, but try.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #1024
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennysgirl View Post
I am a Fast-5 poster. So are many of the people on this board. Many of us have been on the board for so long that we tend to post about other things, too. On the first page of this board are links to intermittent fasting info, including Fast-5. Right now the board is a little slow. It will probably pick up as people look for support as we cruise into the holiday season.

If you have questions, thoughts, observations, fire away. We're here. And to the board!

Down 2.5 pounds in this morning's weigh-in. Yay! My long stall is broken. Whew!
Wt Loss in 2009: 18 lbs.
Wt Loss in 2010: 42 lbs.
Wt Loss in 2011: 6.5 lbs.
Inches lost around waist: 15
Hit 100-Pounds-Lost Mark on 7/22/10

Last edited by LCShadows; 10-11-2010 at 07:06 AM..
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #1025
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow I am doing a water fast, rather than IF. Normally when I do that, I fast sunset-to-sunset, so I start the fast at the close of my IF window on Monday, then eat a single meal at sunset Tuesday to close out the fasting day. But since a group of us are trying to do this together tomorrow, I guess I will fast from my close of window around 5PM today (Mon) until around 11AM/Noon when I open my window on Wednesday. That's almost 48 hours. Hmmm. Let's hope I've got it in me.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #1026
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in. On my water fast today and it is going well. I have the day off work so it all feels very easy and pleasant and uplifting.

Anyone else out there? to all the lurkers in IF land!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #1027
Big Yapper!!!!

I am here....just not much to say. Long, Long weekend!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #1028
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you're here, Karen. Otherwise, I'd feeling like I was singing alone in a room. This has got to be everyone's busy season. We're missing so many of our regular posters. Water-fasting today but planning to return to my usual IF schedule tomorrow. It has been a great day for it. Sunny and warm and amazing.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #1029
Big Yapper!!!!

Gorgeous day here......almost hot.

Good luck with the water fast. I am going to finish one tax return, run to town, and then ride a horse.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #1030
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Im here tooo. Just cant stick around. Gotta feed the tribe...lol Long weekend here toooo. Weekend was very busy with cousins in from outta state, so I had to entertain them.. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! They're alive, they're alive! Glad to see you again, Jan. Pop back in when you have time.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #1032
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Good morning everyone
We are back from vacation. The Balloon festival is amazing and I would encourage anybody who can go to do it. The sights were breathtaking.
We got back Mon night and I've been playing catch up ever since. The weight is horrible!! 157 Our meals were fabulous this trip w/ lots of carbs involved, and of course, you know I had to eat them. No control at all at buffets or planned dinners. Ah well, back to the drawing board. I'm doing better since we got home, but it will take awhile to get back in the groove and back to fasting hours. We had breakfast every morning, which I ate even though I didn't need to and it will be hard to get back to my lunch and supper routine, although I am trying. I am moving breakfast back each morning until it will become lunch, lol.

Congratulations, Shadows, on your waist measurement. How exciting for you and encouraging to know you are shrinking even though the weight hasn't moved much. Your perseverance encourages all of us here and we learn much from you. I plan on trying the water fast also, but not yet. Maybe in another month. Congrats too to the 2.5 loss and breaking the stall!!! What a rush!! AND wearing a shirt that you haven't been able to wear at all and it's almost too big?? You are on a roll, Shadows!!

It does look as though we have dwindled to just a few here. Sad, but then Fast 5/6/7 is not for everyone. I don't even stick with it like I should and find myself trying to snack of an evening sometimes. Grrrr. It really is a routine I get into and it makes it easier.....but getting there can be a struggle.....like right now. Seems like there is always something to throw you off. It all boils down to what you want the most....food or your routine....and right now it's tough to know with the strong habits I've learned the past week but I will get back to it!!
Hoping your water fast is going good.
BTW....I LOVE roasted turkey drumsticks!! Guess I need to go get some and roast them. I haven't made them in forever.

Karen, it sounds like you are doing good. Wanna share that squash/pumpkin dessert? Your recipe for broccoli slaw sounded yummy too. I might have to try that. Hope you enjoyed your horse riding.

jdennysgirl, Hoping you will join us here if you decide Fast 5 is for you. We don't all stick to the same schedule or time frame here and we don't have an enforcement officer in this thread We're all pretty laid back and non judgmental about it. Like Shadows said, any questions you have, just ask. We'd be glad to help.

Ok, off to read some threads in the recipe section, lol.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, welcome back! We MISSED you! The balloon festival sounds great. Another one for my bucket list. That is so funny that you mentioned turkey drumsticks. I've been roasting a couple each weekend the last couple weeks and eating mostly just that. Sure makes cooking easy and, once you've chowed down one of those puppies, you're not hungry for much else. They are delicious.

I'm actually managing to stick to Fast5 instead of my usual Fast6 most of the time lately. Strange but true. Will wonders never cease?

to all the other IFers in the crowd!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, don't remember seeing the IF board this quiet before. Stuck with IF but not lowest carbs or cals over the weekend. I was the nut queen. Still, my scale hasn't smote me for it yet. Gotta love that about IF.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops, sorry Shadows. I've been meaning to update, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Weight has fluctuated a couple of lbs. I got down to 155, but this morning is 155.5 and that is with eating everything in town yesterday. Not sure I understand it, but I'm not too shocked. My body is always doing weird things.

Congrats for sticking w/ Fast 5. I haven't been doing as good myself. Hoping to get back in the groove this week, went to the gym Saturday and walked slowly on treadmill for 20 min and it didn't hurt me. Think I am ready to get back to the gym and maybe that will get me back to normal eating hours again too. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Linda! Welcome back. Congrats on your success on the treadmill.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #1037
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Wow, don't remember seeing the IF board this quiet before. Stuck with IF but not lowest carbs or cals over the weekend. I was the nut queen. Still, my scale hasn't smote me for it yet. Gotta love that about IF.
Spent last Thursday and Friday finishing up BIG tax return projects by deadline. Then DD17 had softball tourney in Kansas City, so left home 6 am Saturday and got home midnight Sunday night (first home run, and won tourney, with some GREAT softball games.....didn't know 8 teams could play that good for so many games)

Did pretty good at eating over the weekend--took peanuts and cashews with Stevia flavored drinks for snack. Concession stand didn't have anything but crap and sugar!!!! Have to do the softball thing this weekend, too, only have to leave home at noon on Friday. Hopefully get a couple colleges to look at her this weekend, then she can make her chocie, and the college hunt will be over. Then we start on the Scholarship hunt......

But I will take my laptop this weekend, so maybe be able to post a little.
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations on staying strong on our week end out, Karen. Best of luck on DD getting looked at. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and her.

Down .5 this morning to 155. Glad that little bit came off, and now I'm gunning for another .5 or more.

Started back to the gym w/ DGD. Hoping that will burn some calories, although it doesn't take long for me to fizzle out. I have to work my way back up to 30 min or longer. The last 2 X I went to the gym, the BEST I could do was 20 min. at 3.1, which is where I used to start at, lol.

Hope everyone that is lurking will have a great day and some of our posters will come back.

Thinking of starting back on the hcg again.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #1039
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, great job at staying on plan! You keep so many balls in the air, I don't know when you sleep.

Linda, it's great that you're back at the gym. After everything you went through this summer, I'm not surprised that it is taking a while to build your energy back. Congrats on the loss! Good luck with Hcg if you decide to try that again. Barbara sent me some info once when I asked and all I remember is that it sounds too complicated for this girl. I hate counting stuff. Start-eat and End-eat times are the only numbers I want to think about.

Someone asked if we post IF menus, and I said we could, if it would be helpful. Today I am water-fasting, so it's just water, water, water. But here is yesterday's menu:

1: 2 fried eggs, 4 oz. (raw wt.) ground beef, 1/2 c mushroom, coffee
2: 2 ounces almonds, 2 squares unsweetened dark choc, 1 T oil, 1/2 tsp liquid AS, coffee [Did I mention we are still waiting for Aunt Flo at my house?]
3: 4 oz. (raw wt.) ground beef, 2 boiled eggs, 1 tsp mustard, 2T mayo, decaf x 2

I opened my window at 10:30AM yesterday and closed it at 3:30PM (and was obviously finishing off some ground beef before today's fast). Lately, I've been opening it a little later than that, but was hungry early yesterday. Getting up around 4AM may have had something to do with that.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #1040
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all!

I'm a former IF'er, and I'm back. Thought I was going to do CAD, but I changed my mind. I worked with a trainer a year ago and got great results...but he had me eating 8x a day. And that's just too much eating/cooking/planning for me.

I've been maintaining my results but I decided what I really want is to maintain with is IF. It's the most mentally freeing of any plan I've ever tried, and it gives me the most freedom to eat what I want without gaining weight. The only thing I don't eat is gluten/wheat because I am sensitive to those items. Trying to open my window with protein each day.

I'm working back to a 5-6 hour window. Right now, I'm in a 7-9 hour window, fasting 14-16 hours a day, which some say is preferable for women. I want to keep shrinking that window down, but I know it's going to take a little bit of time, and I'm good with that idea.

Right now, I need a place where I can post my windows. I will also post my meals for anyone who wants to see what I'm doing.

Yesterday, I opened my window at 10AM with a bowl of cottage cheese. Then at 12:30PM, I had carrots, hummus, and taco salad. Then at 5PM, I had black pepper chicken and rice. And at 7, I had a few bites of lemon ice cream. Should have had something sweet right after dinner and closed the window at 5. Oh well, I will remember that for next time.

So, my window yesterday was 10-7, 9 hours.

Today, I opened my window at 10:45 and hope to close at 6. First meal was cottage cheese and an apple; second meal will be taco salad, carrots, and hummus; third meal is undetermined as I will be having dinner out while shopping with my daughter.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 10-20-2010 at 10:43 AM..
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #1041
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Rachel and welcome back to I.F. I also think it's the easiest way to reign in the calories and not do a lot of thinking about things, lol.

That said, I blew it big time yesterday. Had Chinese buffet for lunch and Red Lobster endless shrimp for supper. I paid for it this morning, up 4, but starting the hhcg and plan on getting serious here.
Today I ate 3 eggs & 1 slice of bacon for lunch, supper was 2 chicken thighs. No loading for me after yesterday. I guess you could say that was my loading day. I will probably becomes stricter w/ my food in a couple of days...or I may decide I need more protein than I'm getting. Who knows? It's all one big experiment.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here, Rachel.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #1042
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Hi Rachel and welcome back to I.F. I also think it's the easiest way to reign in the calories and not do a lot of thinking about things, lol.

That said, I blew it big time yesterday. Had Chinese buffet for lunch and Red Lobster endless shrimp for supper. I paid for it this morning, up 4, but starting the hhcg and plan on getting serious here.
Today I ate 3 eggs & 1 slice of bacon for lunch, supper was 2 chicken thighs. No loading for me after yesterday. I guess you could say that was my loading day. I will probably becomes stricter w/ my food in a couple of days...or I may decide I need more protein than I'm getting. Who knows? It's all one big experiment.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here, Rachel.
Lots of water from the msg and salt.
Bet you are well on your way back down by tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #1043

Thanks for the welcome! It is all one big experiment, isn't it?

Closed my window at 7...wound up having a Jamba Juice at 6 with my daughter and knew it wouldn't be enough calories. But all their other food has wheat in it, so I couldn't eat anything else until I got home. Still, that's an 8 hour window, so I'm not too unsatisfied with it. It will be a work in progress to keep pushing back breakfast and to finish dinner early.

Fridays will be a challenge as I eat late with my boyfriend on those days...he lives an hour away, and I like to get to the gym before I see him. I'll figure it out, though.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 10-20-2010 at 06:52 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #1044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you for your 8 hr window, Rachel. Aren't we all a work in progress?

Kept to a 5 hr window yesterday...first time in months. Actually, it was lower than 5 hrs, just because I got a late start.

1:30 - 3 eggs, 1 bacon

5:30 - 2 chicken thighs, no skin

snack - 2 glasses raw milk during the window, 1 sq. of Lindt 85% chocolate

Down 4 lbs today after the binge the day before. I'm happy w/ that. Back to 155.5 this morning. Now to get it down lower. Thinking of just doing a 1 hr window today but not sure I can make it. I'll be gone most of the day and hate to eat out. If I do make it, I'll have a steak for supper. If not....we'll see.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #1045

That's great, Linda! Keep up the good work.

It's 9AM and breakfast is easily deferred. No hunger pains yet, but I'm feeling the slight rumblings. I would like to get to noon today, but we'll see. Dinner is at home with my daughter tonight, so I should be able to close by 6 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #1046

I did it. It's noon, and I'm going to open my window. Helped that I had a meeting this morning that kept me distracted for an hour.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #1047

Closed my window at 6:15 and went for a walk after dinner. Then cleaned house, so energy levels are good.

Today's food:

12:30: three hardshell tacos, piece of dark chocolate
5:30: bunless hamburger with cheese, salad w/olive oil dressing, gluten free cookie
Old 10-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #1048

Hi all,

Window today will be bigger. I have a company lunch at noon and won't eat with my boyfriend until 8 or 8:30. And I'm starving right now. I don't know how long I'll last this morning, but I would like to get to 10:30, to hit my minimum 14 hour window. We'll see how persistent this hunger is this morning. I do have coffee here.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing great, Rachel. IMHO, it's not necessary to starve. If you are ravenous, eat a small something to tide you over until your window opens. An egg, an apple, just something to sooth your stomach. Starving feelings are telling us something. Again, JMHO.

I lost another 2 lbs this morning, due to sticking to plan yesterday AND sleeping much later this morning. Yesterday mornings 3 AM wake up made for an exhausting day. I didn't wake up until 7 AM this morning and caught up on my sleep, which always helps with the weight.

L- 3 eggs
S- 4 oz. steak

Ooops forgot to add the pear I ate.

Didn't mean to have only protein & fat, but haven't made it to the store for veggies yet. Hopefully today.
This is the lowest I've been since we got home from the trip.
Hi to all the lurkers out there.

Last edited by lindaokc; 10-22-2010 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #1050

Linda, you're doing great! And you're right....if I get too hungry, I will eat something like an apple that I know will digest easily. I'm over the preliminary morning hunger pains, but if I start feeling sick to my stomach from not eating, I will have an apple. Glad I brought some of those to work with me.