Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Congrats on the losses also and the successes of varying kinds of all.

Linda, I bought some quinoa but haven't made anything with it yet, very non carb kind of day because I want peace from my crazy food desires.

Officially, my cafe on the beach is closed for tonight and my digestion is at peace.

Afuentes, I will be thinking on your question re the options. I am not officially doing IF but through this thread have realized that my initial weight loss (10 years and counting at more or less maintenance but always have to watch it) was done using a similiar idea of, uh, just not eating all the time ... for me it is more like closing the window on eating for a period ... but I also am cognizant I need to eat enough and to manage my blood sugar, all very challenging but I am up for it, as we all are here, it seems.

Good night, all.

It was actually this thread that got me calmed down foodwise today. Thanks.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Daily Update

Scale was kind once again this a.m., down 1.6 lbs. - three day total = 6 lbs released 3.8 lbs. to go to get back to my lowest weight.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Confession
Stats: 320/255/180
WOE: CAD/ IF
Barbara- Sorry to hear of the trouble with the flooding in the kitchen and bath. It sounds like it was a great deal of work to fix. Wow, you are really rocking the releasing train... 6 lbs down in 3 days is so awesome!!

Katy- Yay for your 4 clean days (or more now). I also feel so good to be back to eating on plan. The holidays can be fun, but they take their toll on me. Here's to staying in the healthy eating groove.

Sue- I also notice the benefits of the shrinking stomach, and getting full faster when I am faithfully following IF. It's nice to have that back after a "messy" December.

Karen- Glad to hear your DD made it home safely. I hope you have a wonderful week with her.

Ayana- I am now following a condensed daily eating window of 5 hoiurs or less. Some days I just go with a 1 hour window (maybe once a week).

Today DD9 is home sick with a VERY bad stomach virus. It was a nightmare for her last night until everything was out of her system. So sad. Snow is starting up again today( another 6 inches predicted) and we already have close to 3 feet of snow sitting on the ground. Is it Spring yet???
Planning to have a 1 hour window today. Fixing chili for supper.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Just amazing losses, Barbara!!! Congratulations, girl You sure know how to get that weight off!!

Amandy, I do understand about holding off w/ the quinoa. I'm very careful with it myself. Also, it's wicked good, so I have to be doubly careful.

Ayana, I think I am using option #2 on my I.F. I try to keep the cafe closed, like Amandy said. I keep my eating in my window of 5-6 hrs a day, like noon to 5 PM or around that number, not religious about it or fanatical, but certainly try to shoot for it.

Karen, since you ordered the quinoa seed, I think you are going to love it. It's much better than rice, IMHO, for flavor and better for you too. If it's not pre-rinsed, be sure and rinse it good to get off the saponin that occurs naturally to cover it. I've heard it tastes kinds soapy if you don't.

Sarah, so sorry to hear about DD. Hope she's feeling better today. That storm coming in sounds awful. Keep warm and enjoy that chili eating window today.

Unbelievable as it sounds, scale was down another lb for me today to 153 and I'm thrilled, to say the least. I don't know how long I can keep this up but it's so exciting. I'll soon be under the 150 mark again if I keep going.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great news on the weight coming off so nicely. Can't wait for you to see the 140's, we'll have a celebration.

Sarah, hope DD feels better soon. I made Chili yesterday and enjoyed it both yesterday and today, yummy. Sorry to hear about all the snow in your area, makes things difficult
Old 01-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Thanks Ayana. How are you doing watching the calories?
It is like 2nd nature for me and if I am doubtful of something I google it or look at the package. I rarely eat out of packages since I am mostly whole foods but once in a while.

It is not easy but eating once or 2x's a day makes it more bearable.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for you responses. Yeah I am not doing a window. I, for now, will be eating in the morning and after my workouts at night.

However, I have gone all day and just eaten dinner. That works well for me too.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....UP 1 lb this morning from experimenting w/ a new dish I tried. I just flat overate, but won't do this dish anymore until I've gone another couple of weeks dieting.

If anybody else wants to try this, it's a good dish for maintaining and if you can control yourself you might not gain like I did. Very healthy. I got it in the Kale thread in Recipe Help section. Hot Sausage, onion, garlic, Rotel, kale & chicken broth. I have to tell you it was to DIE for!! I'll be making it a lot, w/ extra kale in it, after this weight comes off. It was so good it was hard not to overeat on it, and I did. With the extra kale in it next time, it will be even healthier. Mmmm.

Ah well, 4 lbs for a week is not bad and I'll take it. Hoping for a big whoosh tomorrow. Even if it doesn't whoosh, it should be back down to 153. Hoping.

I hope everybody has a great day today. Our temps are 11 degrees w/ wind chills around zero. Not bad so far. They were expecting -20 wind chill
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good morning....UP 1 lb this morning from experimenting w/ a new dish I tried. I just flat overate, but won't do this dish anymore until I've gone another couple of weeks dieting.

If anybody else wants to try this, it's a good dish for maintaining and if you can control yourself you might not gain like I did. Very healthy. I got it in the Kale thread in Recipe Help section. Hot Sausage, onion, garlic, Rotel, kale & chicken broth. I have to tell you it was to DIE for!! I'll be making it a lot, w/ extra kale in it, after this weight comes off. It was so good it was hard not to overeat on it, and I did. With the extra kale in it next time, it will be even healthier. Mmmm.

Ah well, 4 lbs for a week is not bad and I'll take it. Hoping for a big whoosh tomorrow. Even if it doesn't whoosh, it should be back down to 153. Hoping.

I hope everybody has a great day today. Our temps are 11 degrees w/ wind chills around zero. Not bad so far. They were expecting -20 wind chill
Glad you enjoyed the food. Nice to find one of those really good recipes, to keep it in the recipes for special days.......
I got out a huge ham roast yesterday, to make room for fresh beef in the freezer (processed 3/4 of a fat heifer) so tomorrow, I know the salt will get to my scales....but the roast will be out of my freezer.... And DD21 loves ham, so perfect time to cook it.

DH didn't like me yesteday. I cleaned out the frig and fed everybody leftovers. He always feels cheated if I don't fix him stuff that he likes.......but tough luck last night. But I let him finish up on a bowl of ice cream, so that made him feel better......
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

And we are supposed to be -50 wind chill tonight...........Where is global warming when you need it...???? And that little symbol means blue from the cold!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy, -50 is really tough. Scary too. Stay warm, please.

So hubby doesn't like leftovers? He wouldn't like my house. I try to make a big batch of whatever so we have a bunch of leftovers and I don't have to cook so often. Sometimes I will freeze the leftovers since I make enough for 2 or 3 meals at one time. Good use of time/electricity and no more effort. Most things I make that way taste better as leftovers anyway.....crack slaw, chili, stew, soups.

That ham roast sounds good, BTW.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

So hubby doesn't like leftovers? He wouldn't like my house. I try to make a big batch of whatever so we have a bunch of leftovers and I don't have to cook so often. Sometimes I will freeze the leftovers since I make enough for 2 or 3 meals at one time. Good use of time/electricity and no more effort. Most things I make that way taste better as leftovers anyway.....crack slaw, chili, stew, soups.

Leftovers are not his favorites. He prefers them to be dog food. Says that is what dogs are for........ But he doesn't get his way very often.....
He is ok with leftovers, if they are foods he likes. but I have both daughters home right now, so I didn't fix anything that he liked to go with the leftovers. I told him he could find his own, if he didn't like what I had available.......but he had barbecue beef, ravioli, beef stroganoff, corn bread, orange juice, milk, apple juice and small bowl of chili to choose from, so he wasn't going to starve.......Poor baby!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:33 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daily Update

Down .6 today bring my 4 day total to 6.6 lbs. released. Almost have the holiday weight gain released. Still want to release another 3.2 lbs if my body allows so I can be at my lowest scale number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
And we are supposed to be -50 wind chill tonight...........Where is global warming when you need it...???? And that little symbol means blue from the cold!!!!
Karen, I can't even imagine what -50 feels like. Hugs & keep warm

Quote:

I'm with you Linda, my leftovers always taste better and I also make big batches so I don't have to cook often.

to all in IF land, have a great day and stay warm everyone.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Down .6 today bring my 4 day total to 6.6 lbs. released. Almost have the holiday weight gain released. Still want to release another 3.2 lbs if my body allows so I can be at my lowest scale number.

to all in IF land, have a great day and stay warm everyone.
Congratulations, Barbara. You are whooshing right along. That other 3 lbs will be gone before you know it.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Linda for you constant support. I'm thinking of this Round as a resculpting round to get some of the jiggly belly fat released. Scale numbers are so important to me as having the body more toned.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Sounds like everyone is doing really well.

We're having a lot of icy weather here, since we haven't been above freezing in about a week and probably won't be until Monday.

Afuentes, I use a window -- usually about 10a-4p. Got away from it during the fall due to a freaky schedule but am starting to get back to it.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quirkyrabbit
Stats: 143/129.5/129.5
WOE: hCGi R1P3
Start Date: Jan 1
Checking in fattest ever! Fattest of my LIFE. I think I'm 147. Grrrr. Will focus on exercising soon (I have a terribly painfully sore tailbone) and let you all know my progress. Old AND fat sucks.

Here in St Pbg, my car is frost-free at last! The temp here has been absurd, but it will warm up soon (?) well, sooner than Philadelphia!!

Have a great day and a terrific weekend. Maybe I'll start Pilates again tomorrow hahaha.
quirkyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Quirky, good to see you here.

Well, the scale says 153.5 this morning, so back down .5. Not as much as I'd want, but I'll take what I can get, KWIM?

On another note, our darling Barbara emailed me last night and said she was permanently banned from lcf. I can't pretend to know what happened and it breaks my heart, but you will not see anymore posts from Barbara. I just know we are all sick over this.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Well, the scale says 153.5 this morning, so back down .5. Not as much as I'd want, but I'll take what I can get, KWIM?

On another note, our darling Barbara emailed me last night and said she was permanently banned from lcf. I can't pretend to know what happened and it breaks my heart, but you will not see anymore posts from Barbara. I just know we are all sick over this.
That is too bad.....I wonder what went on....
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 50by50
Oh my! Linda, would you please give Barbara all of our best?! That news makes me very sad. I thought this was one place in my life that controversy wouldn't touch. So very sad...

Signing out,
Katy
50by50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quirkyrabbit
Stats: 143/129.5/129.5
WOE: hCGi R1P3
Start Date: Jan 1
Quote:

Yippee for you! -.5 is better than up!

What a craziness about Ragdoll! She's a marvelous supportive person. Go figure. I hope they relent and reinstate.

BTW, what does KWIM mean?
quirkyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #82
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Know What I Mean.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Quote:

QR also glad 2 see you back here.

Linda, you are doing so great in my book.

Now this thing about Barbara being banned--huh? This has got to be some sort of a mistake. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
I just tried to PM Barbara and system wouldn't allow it. Her profile is still up. I am missing her already.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gained a couple of pounds due to junk in the teacher's lounge. It is not an excuse b/c I know I can walk on by. I didn't and that is my fault. Oh well. I have a plan. I put it in my blog and I am sticking to it. Tonight I am making homemade mac/cheese, herb crusted pork loin, salad, and banana cupcakes w/cream cheese molasses frosting for some friends. Oh and wine of course. Yes it won't be happening tonight but clean eating tomorrow for sure.

Last edited by afuentes; 01-08-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
QR also glad 2 see you back here.

Linda, you are doing so great in my book.

Now this thing about Barbara being banned--huh? This has got to be some sort of a mistake. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
I just tried to PM Barbara and system wouldn't allow it. Her profile is still up. I am missing her already.

Sue
Thanks, Sue, I am doing pretty good, if I do say so.

I understand how you feel about Barbara being banned. I feel the same way. I don't understand it myself but I'm sure not happy about it. If she keeps violating the TOS. then they are too strict, IMHO. I will pass on your msg to her.

Afuentes, your menu sounds divine. <slurp>
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 50by50
Hi Linda,
What is TOS?
Thanks,
Katy
50by50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Terms of Service....the contract we agree to when we join lcf.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon, busy friends.
Scale said the same this morning, so I'm still 153.5. I was hoping for a big drop this morning, but it didn't come. <sigh> BUT, I'm keeping to the script and heading out to the gym, so maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Hello, all! Sorry to pop in and pop out, things are tough right now re work and various aspects but not so tough as those of you with the awful weather.

Where I live I was chilly in one town I visited today (re work) but then returned to my own area and it was mild and beautiful, reminds me why I live where I do (central AZ, all year, forever and ever, will never leave).

Congrats to those who lost weight (sorry, I keep messing up on the details), that's great, also to the maintainers and the ones who will be successful.

I weigh in tomorrow and will be happy with maintenance (I'm always ok with that) ... ate a bit high this week, food wasn't too bad, though.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote