Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,582
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Well, Linda, every time I turn on the oven the fire alarm goes off! even with nothing inside!

just a little more Crisis Cleaning, and I'll make some oopsies. the Racks are in the tub right now . . .

I just turned all my burners to high and set up a series of fans to form an air current to the door and vent outside. It was like the Inferno, so much dust and grease droplets and what not that had splashed on the metal, went up in a puff of curly smoke! I wish I'd gotten a picture! LOL. I do that after cleaning in case any cleanser is left on the burner so later the food won't taste like it.

Be proud! I ate four eggs for breakfast(lunch time) with bacon fat!
__________________
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 01-03-2010 at 12:54 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsie2223 View Post
Hello!

I had thought to start the New Year with Stillman but after talking it over with my husband, he agreed to go with a combination of Fast-5 and low carb. Since the choice was do Stillman all by myself or have a buddy on this plan, it was really a no brainer.

I am planning to do Stillman in combination with Fast 5 during Lent, however, but for now I'm just doing pretty much an Atkins Induction plan combined with a feeding window between noon and 5pm. That works well with our schedule, better than 5-10pm especially for hubby because he has stomach problems and tends to get reflux if he eats late in the day.

So for today on the menu is -

Noon meal - Spinach Lorraine Omelette (two eggs filled with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and spinach and bacon)

4:30 meal - Low carb curried chicken with coconut milk, salad, roasted peppers and green beans.
Poopsie, good to have you join our great thread. Sounds like you have a good gameplan.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07


Glad you're finished w/ your "fire" alarm oven. I AM proud that you ate 4 eggs in bacon grease. With me dieting, that sounds like heaven right now. <3
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,582
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Oops sorry for the Fatty Food Porn! :blush:
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Oops sorry for the Fatty Food Porn! :blush:

Lol, are you kidding? I LOVE food porn. Bring it!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member
 
50by50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 44
Gallery: 50by50
Happy New Year!

Dear IFFriends!

It is good to catch up with y'all! I am back and ready to re-new my journey. Long story short with a 60lb loss as my best, I have maintained a 50lb loss for over a year and am ready to tackle the last 25 of my goal.

I am concerned about arthritis and bad back as I age, so I know that LC is the best way to go (those sugars can wreak havoc on the joints). I have been studying ZC, VLC, Paleo, Neo, etc. and think I have settled on something that will take me to goal and through maintenance:

Meats
Dairy
Nuts
Berries (in season)
limited veggies
with 1 hour/day Reward Meals on weekends.


My scale broke shortly before Christmas (seriously, it really did!) and I enjoyed not weighing daily. As long as I am eating clean I think I am going to try to do without the scale and let my clothes be my guide.

So here are my stats:
size 20/ size 12/ size 6

This should be a GREAT year. I am really looking forward to it! Have 3 clean days already in 2010!

Thanks to each of you for all the great support you give and community you provide!

Here's to a PEACE-filled and JOY-filled year! Katy
50by50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hi Katy, and welcome to 2010. I just feel that this is going to be a great year for all of us. Your eating plan sounds great and I'm sure the weight will come off. Prepare for a new wardrobe.

Scale was down another lb this morning, so 155 now. I can hardly wait until I can drop the weight to under 150, but I must be patient. It won't happen overnight, darn it. Menu for today is shrimp & cucumbers for lunch and maybe the same for supper...or chicken.

Everyone have a great day today.
__________________
Be Healthy! Everything else you can shop for.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Daily Update

I'm thrilled to report that the first VLCD after the holiday interruption resulted in a 2.6 lb. release. Now I'm 7 lbs. away from LDW and 4.8 lbs. above where I was at on Christmas eve before indulging during the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50by50 View Post
Dear IFFriends!

It is good to catch up with y'all! I am back and ready to re-new my journey. Long story short with a 60lb loss as my best, I have maintained a 50lb loss for over a year and am ready to tackle the last 25 of my goal.

I am concerned about arthritis and bad back as I age, so I know that LC is the best way to go (those sugars can wreak havoc on the joints). I have been studying ZC, VLC, Paleo, Neo, etc. and think I have settled on something that will take me to goal and through maintenance:

Meats
Dairy
Nuts
Berries (in season)
limited veggies
with 1 hour/day Reward Meals on weekends.


My scale broke shortly before Christmas (seriously, it really did!) and I enjoyed not weighing daily. As long as I am eating clean I think I am going to try to do without the scale and let my clothes be my guide.

So here are my stats:
size 20/ size 12/ size 6

This should be a GREAT year. I am really looking forward to it! Have 3 clean days already in 2010!

Thanks to each of you for all the great support you give and community you provide!

Here's to a PEACE-filled and JOY-filled year! Katy
Katy, sounds like a very good plan, best of luck with releasing the last 25 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Hi Katy, and welcome to 2010. I just feel that this is going to be a great year for all of us. Your eating plan sounds great and I'm sure the weight will come off. Prepare for a new wardrobe.

Scale was down another lb this morning, so 155 now. I can hardly wait until I can drop the weight to under 150, but I must be patient. It won't happen overnight, darn it. Menu for today is shrimp & cucumbers for lunch and maybe the same for supper...or chicken.

Everyone have a great day today.
Linda, another 1 lb. down and getting closer to under 150
It never comes off as we can put it on but as you know patience is the way to go.
I'm having cucumbers with chicken today. Also might have a tiny burger
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,145
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Everything is frozen here. -20 to -25 this morning.
Hard on people and livestock. And not supposed to warm up until Sunday.........
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Good grief. That is bitter, for sure. Very Hard, Karen. It looks like an alarming winter for everyone, doesn't it? It's so early to be so bitter....at least down here it is, and there doesn't appear to be much let up.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,145
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good grief. That is bitter, for sure. Very Hard, Karen. It looks like an alarming winter for everyone, doesn't it? It's so early to be so bitter....at least down here it is, and there doesn't appear to be much let up.
If we are going to get a miserable week of weather, it comes in January......that is when least heat in the sun.

We haven't had a week of -20s in several years, so I guess we were due. It is just sooooo miserable after a couple days. Chores just get harder and harder.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
Confession's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Iowa Girl
Posts: 332
Gallery: Confession
Stats: 320/255/180
WOE: CAD/ IF
Karen- These supercold days are rough. It's so cold at night that it hurts to go outside.

Barbara- How was your trip?

Poopsie- Welcome. That will be nice to be on the same plan with your husband. It can be a real challenge when your eating is much different, especially if it makes cooking meals very complicated.

Metqa- That is so funny about your "fire alarm oven". That really is crisis cleaning.

Katy- It sounds like you have thought a lot about your plan. That should be a great start at making it to your goals.

I am on the straight and narrow today with my plan--CAD,5 hour window, and planning to track calories this month to keep things really progressing. 1500 seems like a reasonable limit for now. Eating plan got very out of hand during December. It's time to get back to healthy habits!! Protein shake for lunch around 1pm, and roast in the crockpot for supper(6pm) with cooked cabbage, and not sure what else yet.

Wishing you all a successful day.
__________________
Sarah
Confession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!
 
afuentes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
I hope I am doing this right. Here's our new thread for 2010. Happy New Year!

And here are our cool information links on Intermittant Fasting.

to the new decade!
I appreciate the links. I have to focus on calories now since I have little to lose and this is the best way in my opinion.

I want 2lbs off my January 15th!!!!
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Everything is frozen here. -20 to -25 this morning.
Hard on people and livestock. And not supposed to warm up until Sunday.........
Wow Karen, I can't even image those temperatures. It was in the 20's last night in Florida and it's a little warmer now but I'm still feeling the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confession View Post
Karen- These supercold days are rough. It's so cold at night that it hurts to go outside.

Barbara- How was your trip?

Poopsie- Welcome. That will be nice to be on the same plan with your husband. It can be a real challenge when your eating is much different, especially if it makes cooking meals very complicated.

Metqa- That is so funny about your "fire alarm oven". That really is crisis cleaning.

Katy- It sounds like you have thought a lot about your plan. That should be a great start at making it to your goals.

I am on the straight and narrow today with my plan--CAD,5 hour window, and planning to track calories this month to keep things really progressing. 1500 seems like a reasonable limit for now. Eating plan got very out of hand during December. It's time to get back to healthy habits!! Protein shake for lunch around 1pm, and roast in the crockpot for supper(6pm) with cooked cabbage, and not sure what else yet.

Wishing you all a successful day.
Sarah, trip to visit relatives in NY was wonderful. Unfortunately I came home to a flooded kitchen and bath. Pipe broke in the adjoining unoccupied condo. Had kitchen floor and bath flooring removed and fans/dehumifiers going full bast for a few days to dry out the wet walls. Everything is slowing getting back to normal now.
Sounds like you have a good plan & menu.


Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
I appreciate the links. I have to focus on calories now since I have little to lose and this is the best way in my opinion.

I want 2lbs off my January 15th!!!!
Ayana, you'll get the 2 lbs. off in no time.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,582
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
welcome katy!

Congratulations, Linda and Barbara, on your losses.

Karen, I feel your pain, Down in Georgia, it's not supposed to rise above 40 all week and the nights won't be above 20 accoridng to the 10-day forecast. Theres some ice outside that's been there since last week, but the sun can't find it to melt it. My Creeping Jenny (Moneywort)seems defeated.

Confession, I enjoyed an oopsie pizza with my now smoke free oven! and the maintenance guy gave me a set of shiney new drippans for the stove top( the bottom completely rusted out of one of them!). I'm only replacing the worst ones and stashing the others for when I move out. I'll put the rest of the new ones in then, and it will make the stove looks so good they won't be able to charge a cleaning fee! ( mine were old and rusty when I moved in)

Hey Afuentes, what a good goal. That sounds reasonable. I need to be more realistic in my goals like that!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Wow, Barbara, congratulations on that loss!!!! I just now saw your post. Hoping all the clean up is over.

Metqa, glad your little adventure is over and your kitchen is all shiny and sparkly. Bet that oopsie pizza tasted goood, girl.

Karen, I don't know how you handle going outside for the chores. Gotta eat some hot food in those kind of temps. Hoping your animals aren't suffering too much.
Now, what are they saying about global warming?

Ayana, congrats on being so close to goal you have to count calories. I'll bet that feels nice.

Sarah, that roast sounds good, I'm on my way over. What were the directions again?
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,582
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Now, what are they saying about global warming?
Aw man, I had to laugh.
I think they say the cold snaps is a result of global warming because the air current move differntly and the oceans are bigger and some other junk. It may be true, but I still don't like it! Georgia is not supposed to be in the freezing temperatures for so long, but the good side is that it ought to kill flea and mosquito larva real good!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member
 
50by50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 44
Gallery: 50by50
Evening All! 4 clean days! All sugar food is finally out of house/sight. Made cabbage sausage soup tonight - I thought for me- but DH and DS thought it was great too! It is frigid (for us - NOTHING like Karen!) and soups and stews seem to be in order in our house. Have plans and ingredients to put great beef vegetable soup fixings in the crock tomorrow morning for evening meal. I love it when my family eats what I do! Will have leftover cabbage sausage soup for lunch.

Great losses all! I guess without a scale I may miss those days when the number moves in the right direction, but I DO know that my mind is MUCH more clear with clean eating, and I just feel so much better. WHY do I eat bad things for me? Is it beyond that they are sometimes yummy/ stress/ boredom/ habit ? I just wish I could get a handle on it more quickly, but know that I am blessed to now KNOW there is another way!

Thanks for listening to my rambling! Peace and Stay Warm! Katy
50by50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrandNewMe2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,039
Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
I'm here! Down to 290. This is my year!
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 878
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Hi Melissa and Katy. Good to 'see' you again.

It is feeling so good for me to be back in the IF groove once again. That overnite fasting time just seems to set so much right for me, especially shrinking my stomach to where I eat less during my window.

I'm re-reading one of my IF books, "The 3pm Secret" and looking at making healthier food choices since my appetite is now coming back into control. I've also been going to overeaters anonymous meetings for additional support and I've found that very helpful, especially in dealing with emotional eating issues.

Have a good day all. (I know I post at oddball times with being on the west coast and also being one to wake up during the nite at odd hours)

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:29 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Daily Update

1.8 down this a.m. 3.8 lbs. in two days. 5.8up lowest weight and 3 up from xmas eve. Happy to be back on the releasing train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi Melissa and Katy. Good to 'see' you again.

It is feeling so good for me to be back in the IF groove once again. That overnite fasting time just seems to set so much right for me, especially shrinking my stomach to where I eat less during my window.

I'm re-reading one of my IF books, "The 3pm Secret" and looking at making healthier food choices since my appetite is now coming back into control. I've also been going to overeaters anonymous meetings for additional support and I've found that very helpful, especially in dealing with emotional eating issues.

Have a good day all. (I know I post at oddball times with being on the west coast and also being one to wake up during the nite at odd hours)
Sue, good to hear you are back in the groove. Going to OA meetings for support is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 View Post
I'm here! Down to 290. This is my year!
Keep up the good work Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50by50 View Post
Evening All! 4 clean days! All sugar food is finally out of house/sight. Made cabbage sausage soup tonight - I thought for me- but DH and DS thought it was great too! It is frigid (for us - NOTHING like Karen!) and soups and stews seem to be in order in our house. Have plans and ingredients to put great beef vegetable soup fixings in the crock tomorrow morning for evening meal. I love it when my family eats what I do! Will have leftover cabbage sausage soup for lunch.

Great losses all! I guess without a scale I may miss those days when the number moves in the right direction, but I DO know that my mind is MUCH more clear with clean eating, and I just feel so much better. WHY do I eat bad things for me? Is it beyond that they are sometimes yummy/ stress/ boredom/ habit ? I just wish I could get a handle on it more quickly, but know that I am blessed to now KNOW there is another way!

Thanks for listening to my rambling! Peace and Stay Warm! Katy
Katy good going on getting the sugar foods out of the house and the 4 days of clean eating, WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Aw man, I had to laugh.
I think they say the cold snaps is a result of global warming because the air current move differntly and the oceans are bigger and some other junk. It may be true, but I still don't like it! Georgia is not supposed to be in the freezing temperatures for so long, but the good side is that it ought to kill flea and mosquito larva real good!
Metqa, Central Florida is not supposed to have temps in the high 20's and low thirties and with wind chill, 17 to 23 degrees.
Glad your kitchen stove is back to sparkling clean


Linda, hope the scale is going in the right direction for you.

Karen, Sarah and all in IF land. Have a blessed day everyone.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,145
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Wow, Barbara, congratulations on that loss!!!! I just now saw your post. Hoping all the clean up is over.

Metqa, glad your little adventure is over and your kitchen is all shiny and sparkly. Bet that oopsie pizza tasted goood, girl.

Karen, I don't know how you handle going outside for the chores. Gotta eat some hot food in those kind of temps. Hoping your animals aren't suffering too much.
Now, what are they saying about global warming?

Ayana, congrats on being so close to goal you have to count calories. I'll bet that feels nice.

Sarah, that roast sounds good, I'm on my way over. What were the directions again?
So tired last night, and off schedule with livestock stuff, that supper wasn't until 8 pm, which is really late for this time of year.
And I just had a baked potato with butter and sour cream, because I had thrown some in the oven earlier, that weren't cooked enough when I had company 2 nights ago........ It was easy...

And scale down .5, so probably cold enough to not bother much!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member
 
Amandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
Gallery: Amandy
Hello, all!

Yea, Linda and now ye have me thinkin' I should get some today. I hope to shop later and get things in the kitchen in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Happy Decade, Amandy.
You can buy the quinoa at a regular grocery store? Ok, now I'm jealous!!
Hello to all, so many upbeat posties on this thread!

Except, Karen, that is awful about the temps. I can't imagine it, we are lookin' at the 70s today (central Arizona) but it hasn't made it that far up yet. My house is freezing (relatively).

Sorry sometimes for the lack of personal responses. I read all the posts and enjoy everyone in this group so much.

I am trying to keep my little cafe's imaginary window closed until the proper time to eat breakfast. I have really been struggling with food for a week, hope to be in control of that by day's end as I feel better when I eat the proper food in the proper amount.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 878
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Hello everyone.

Woo hoo 4 the releasing train, Barbara

Karen, I don't even know what 2 say about ur weather there. I saw Omaha was at -17 this am when I looked. I told my Mom there's a reason I live in Cali I don't remember so many bitterly cold days in a row from when I lived in the midwest. When I've been up in the mountains here and snowed in, I go into survival mode, just trying to keep things going each day and keep a fire in the woodstove. I feel for ya. I hope u can get rested up today.

Hi Amandy. I hear u about keeping the window closed this am. I am really hungry for some reason, so may just open my window earlier than usual. I usually aim for 11am to 4pm-ish. I try not to be too overly strict with myself if I need a 6 or 7 hour window or to shift my window earlier or later so I can fit life in. I use hot tea or some coffee with a bit of cream to stretch things out also.

Have a good one everyone.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,156
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Congratulations, Barbara, on such great losses. Won't be long at all before you're down to LDW.

Karen, good for you on being down .5 this morning. You did something right.

Amandy, enjoy that Quinoa if you buy some. I can't have any for a few weeks since I'm dieting right now and trying to get back to my lowest. :/

Scale is down another lb this morning, so 154 now and thrilled, to say the least. Hoping this will continue but i know it can't so I'll just enjoy it while it sticks around.
Having shrimp for lunch along w/ cucumbers. It sounds so good I might just have it for supper also. I've been drinking a lot of s/f hot cocoa and s/f hot apple cider mix. It's cold here (relatively, Karen) and in a couple of days we are supposed to get single digit temps Guess I won't be going anywhere. Thank goodness for electric blankets. AHHHHH!

Katy, glad you're feeling better with the clean eating. I always feel better when I know I'm eating right also.

Melissa, good for you on losing You're right. This is gonna be your year.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,145
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hello everyone.

Woo hoo 4 the releasing train, Barbara

Karen, I don't even know what 2 say about ur weather there. I saw Omaha was at -17 this am when I looked. I told my Mom there's a reason I live in Cali I don't remember so many bitterly cold days in a row from when I lived in the midwest. When I've been up in the mountains here and snowed in, I go into survival mode, just trying to keep things going each day and keep a fire in the woodstove. I feel for ya. I hope u can get rested up today.

Hi Amandy. I hear u about keeping the window closed this am. I am really hungry for some reason, so may just open my window earlier than usual. I usually aim for 11am to 4pm-ish. I try not to be too overly strict with myself if I need a 6 or 7 hour window or to shift my window earlier or later so I can fit life in. I use hot tea or some coffee with a bit of cream to stretch things out also.

Have a good one everyone.

Sue
I could curl up too, if it weren't for the livestock. It just makes all the chores 2x the work......

DD21 made it home safely with her horse yesterday, so we have 1 wk of her company before back to school. So not working quite all the time in the office. And will be fixing her favorite foods.....which are all carbs, because she doesn't even weigh 100#.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,145
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I ordered some quinoa seed today, too.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!
 
afuentes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Good morning!

I went on "Mark's Daily Apple" and I liked how he gave the options, through his research, of the different ways to IF.

For now I am going to do the "Early/Late" option. I think this will be best b/c of my workouts. I will have the energy from my early meal (which is around 7-8am) and then I can replenish with my late meal (after workout anywhere from 6-8pm).

Which options are you using?
1. skipped meal
2. condensed eating window
3. early and late
4. single 24 hour fast
5. alternating day fast or week (or more)
__________________
***Avatar - I'm in the red ***

I love weight lifting (fountain of youth) and enjoy a low carb lifestyle.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!
 
afuentes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Congrats on your losses Linda/Barbara!!!
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Thanks Ayana. How are you doing watching the calories?
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.