Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Ohhh, Sooz, hoping for the best of food for your work luncheon and the best news for you and your company.

Thanks for the compliment!!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Sooz, I hope things go well for your meeting.

Affuentes, is that a new picture? You look great!

Karen, stress eating happens to most of us. Hope your life calms down soon.

Amandy, hope you are feeling better.

Linda, I have the protein shake w/coffee as my first meal because my brain doesn't really work until I have some food. Neither does my physical coordination. If I had to cook something that involved grease, knives or hot stoves for breakfast, I'd be hurting -- literally.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelad653
Stats: 161/151/145
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: January 4 2010
Hi everyone glad to see there are lots of new posts in here again today!

Shadows-- lol... u made me laugh with that one. i am the same way first thing in the morning hehe. I make my husband lunch alot of mornings at about 6am and i cant tell you how many times i have burned myself if i try to do anything too tricky lol.. Now i usually make it at night with dinner and just get it together for him in the morning hehe

Last edited by Angelad653; 03-04-2010 at 03:17 PM..
Angelad653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I'll start the posts today.

Scale was screwed up today since I was up in the middle of the night, ate some quinoa, went back to bed, got up late, etc, so didn't even know if weight was up or down, lol, although it couldn't have been down too much if at all, even though it was later.

Shadows, you made me laugh also. I don't eat when I first get up, my breakfast is my lunch. I will eat an egg and bacon or egg and toast w/ butter. All I can do is stumble into the kitchen and pour my first cup of coffee in the morning, just like everybody else.

Soos, how did the meeting go? Hoping for good news.

Afuentes, I have to agree on the picture. I hadn't noticed it was a new one. You're lookin' sharp there.

Hope everyone has a great week end.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Sooz, I hope things go well for your meeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Soos, how did the meeting go? Hoping for good news.
Thanks for thinking of me! The meeting was not bad or good. Just status quo! They had a taco and burrito bar so I opened my window at 1:00 and made a nice taco salad. Then tilapia and brussels sprouts for dinner around 5:00. It's the most I've eaten in one day since I started....

Crazy day today as I was working from home and doing some spring cleaning at the same time.

Have a great evening everyone!
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Thanks, Shadows. I do feel better.

Did my weekly weigh-in (which is traditionally on Sundays at precisely 9:30 a.m. just before I open my imaginary cafe window for brunch) at midday today and despite eating a LOT this week, weight was the same due, I guess, to exercising a lot, whatever. I am going to take eight scaleless days to get my appetite back on track and see where I am on Sunday.

I am happy with my weight but want to get just a little weight off my knees to faciliate my running, just a few pounds.
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Also thanks for the milk thistle advice to Linda.

Hope you enjoyed your sandals. That's a nice way to mark the season.

I need sandals, I never wear anything but my clunky workout shoes and my ancient pink running shoes that have holes in them but I love them so much.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you are feeling better, Amandy. Congrats on not gaining in spite of the amount of food. I don't see how you can work out/run when you are feeling bad. When I am sick, I go to bed.....of course, I am a big wuss also.

Soos, so glad the news wasn't bad at the meeting. Sounds like you did great with the food they had to offer. We also had taco salad last night. It's pulled pork from the crock pot today.

Scale was the same this morning.....150. Ahhhh, maybe soon.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #429
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Hey all, nothing to say, just happy to see you all happy and lively.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad you stopped by, Metqa.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, scale says 150 AGAIN <sigh>. Patience is not one of my virtues .

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are staying in today since it's chilly & dreary outside.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see you, Metqa!!!

Linda, when the scale says the same that is as good as a loss really. Maintenance is very positive, in my opinion. The losses come when the body is ready but maintenance of a sane weight is what it all about so good for you.

Re exercising when ill, my body is used to exercise since I do it every day in some form or other.

That said, my running isn't going well, or at least running fast is not going well and for the first time in a long time I've reached the overtraining state. That, and due to some other factors, has caused me to decided NOT to do the race I'm registered for in April and to pull back on running fast (I can run with no problem, just can't seem to get any speed, which is ok if I'm not doing a race because I'm only interested in enjoyment and being fit). So possibly my weight could go up. I need to be really on track with diet so that doesn't happen.

Have just "closed my magic cafe window" for today. I am quite full and have stable blood sugar, good nutrition, etc., but still feeling like I want to eat but hope to at least get through the evening with perhaps a small snack if needed.

To explain, my official eating day (as opposed to the "window" that I do with IF, since I don't do IF 100 percent, I just use the technique now as a helper) turns over at midnight. That is the 24 hour period I use for my data and that is because I work all hours sometimed in the field and also at home all hours (I'm a reporter). Soooo if I am hungry at midnight I sometimes need to eat. Obviously that is not desirable and I'd prefer an eating day that starts as mine usually does at 8 a.m. after exercise but my life isn't that predictible.

So this is one reason I am more and more incorporating IF, or semi IF and the magic cafe window game ... probaby I am making no sense.

Anyway huzzah to all, mentioned or un- ... lot of great posties here. We are all doing great.

Last edited by Amandy; 03-07-2010 at 04:13 PM..
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #433
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are staying in today since it's chilly & dreary outside.
My scale is really hating me----I hear it go "ugh" when it sees me coming.

Gotta get back on track.

Hope yours goes back down.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amandy, thanks for the encouragement. I know that maintenance is the key, but I think I'd much rather be stable at 140 then 150 Maybe getting a little more exercise will help. I walked on the treadmill 2 days last week, last time 12 min, so might try for 15 today. We'll see how it goes.

I'm glad you pulled out of the race, Amandy, instead of pushing yourself to be faster, especially since you have been ill. Smart thinking.
Your description of how/why you are doing semi I.F. is clear and understandable. I'm just glad it's working for you.

Karen, you crack me up, girl!! Hope your scale goes back down also.

Ooops, forgot to add, still 150 this morning. ACKK!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey all, nothing to say, just happy to see you all happy and lively.
Hi there Metqa! Looking forward to "meeting" you.

Quote:
I'm right there with you on the patience Linda. I was down another 3lbs this morning so that makes 8lbs in 2 weeks but my mind immediately started wonder how on earth I could lose MORE..... Your weight right now is my first goal. Your current goal will be my second goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
So this is one reason I am more and more incorporating IF, or semi IF and the magic cafe window game ... probaby I am making no sense.
Makes perfect sense to me Amandy! Especially if it is working...... And with a crazy schedule like yours it's gotta be flexible or it will never work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
My scale is really hating me----I hear it go "ugh" when it sees me coming.
In addition to getting support from this group, I LOVE the fact that no one is hugely serious and glum and I get a laugh from someone every day! Karen... you are hysterical!

Have a great day all!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, That made my day.

We FINALLY had normal weather here after being 10-20 degrees below normal since December 1st. The weekend was sunny and beautiful. I went for a 2-1/2 hour walk on Saturday. Didn't mean to, but I forgot to bring my watch. Just me and my little cane stumping up and down the hills. It was so nice to be above freezing and have no ice to navigate.

Linda, my breakfast is breakfast, but it is around 10am. For me that is 4-6 hours after rising, depending on the day's schedule. But, really, my brain doesn't work before 10AM, no matter what time I get up.

Amandy, I can relate to your screwy work schedule. I work as an editor, also odd hours and also often from home.

Angela, I am so bad in the morning that I do everything the night before -- lay out the vitamins, the shaker w/the protein powder and flavorings, set up the coffee cup, pre-fill the water in the tea pot, filter all the water for the morning. So all I have to do is get the hot water in the coffee cup and the cold water in the shaker -- and believe it or not, I've occasionally even managed to screw that one up.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone, let me say this first and get it out of the way.....scale stays 150 this morning am I surprised? whateveh!!!!

Had an earlier break fast this morning, at 10:15. I usually wait until 11:30 or 12 to open my window, but wanted to eat this morning, even though I wasn't particularly hungry.....so I guess my window will be longer today because I usually close by 5 or 6 PM. Ahhh well, life changes, doesn't it?

Shadows, I'm kinda like you on my brain not working til around 10 AM. I REALLY like to be left alone before then

Sooz, I'm like you in that I enjoy everybody not being so serious and not being disagreeable if somebody does something different on this thread. We are a great support system.

Ok, off to read other stuff. Everybody have a great day today.

Ooops, my bad. That was supposed to say Shadows, not Karen. I will correct it right now.

Hi Angela

Last edited by lindaokc; 03-09-2010 at 10:14 AM..
Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Shadows-- LOL! that is too funny! I am getting worse and worse too lol.. I have been splashing cold water on my face first thing to try and wake myself up out of the fog! even worse the last couple of days that the baby has been sick and I havent been getting the most sound sleep. hehe.. those days are by far the hardest!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I am just here for the laughs.......
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I am just here for the laughs.......
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #441

Just wait till Spring Forward Day Hits!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yikes!!! That's not far away, is it? My calender says March 14th? That's next Sunday!! OMG!! We just got off daylight savings time.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, all!

Linda, I must have gotten your window by mistake today. I didn't eat until noon and closed my window at 5. I usually end up doing 10a-4p, a "Fast6" instead of Fast5. I was up so late last night, though, and was off work today, so I let myself sleep in. A rare but precious treat.

Angela, I don't know how people function at all when they have babies. Surely there should be training sessions for that, like there are for triathlons.

Karen, For some reason you made me think of the old vaudeville joke where a guy tells a psychiatrist that his brother thinks he's a chicken. And the shrink says, "That's terrible. Why don't you have him committed?" And the guy says, "Well, I would, Doc, but we kind of need the eggs."
Old 03-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Tried to edit, but it wouldn't save. Grrr.

I forgot to say: my newest favorite food discovery. One morning, bored with my scrambled eggs, I added cinammon and a dash of half&half while scrambling them. Scrambled as usual. I loved them that way. They don't even need salt. I love cinammon and am constantly looking for ways to sneak it into low carb food. Since trying this scrambled, I tried it as an omelette. I added a tiny bit of sweetener as I mixed it. I liked it even better that way -- it tastes like a cinammon pancake.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol, Shadows, I must have taken your window today also. I got hungry early.

Ummm, think I'll pass on the sweet omelette. I'm sure it's good, just can't bring myself to try it.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Shadows-- I think I will give that 'sweet omelette' a try.. never even thought about having eggs that way! and hey.. if i happen to hate it.. its only a couple eggs

Linda-- I am right there with you on the daylight saving time!! it seems like yesterday we forgot about it last time lol (just so happens that we are always the last to know about this time change mess hehe) I always get so off track for the first few days after the time changes :/

Karen-- lol.... love the avi btw!!

Hope everyone else is doing GREAT!! and that somewhere out there the weather is better than here! and maybe just maybe some of you guys have gotten to see some sunshine these last couple of days!

its real warm here right now, but raining all day long! I am ready to scream over it lol
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yikes!!! That's not far away, is it? My calender says March 14th? That's next Sunday!! OMG!! We just got off daylight savings time.
UGHH! I hate the Spring Ahead time of year. I feel tired for two weeks!

Don't know why but I was REALLY hungry yesterday. Less hungry today, but still wanting to EAT! Tonight is Irish Pub night though so I can't open my window until 5!

Have a great day!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #448

Sweet omelettes are great linda! You ought to have tried my sweet omelette with strawberries I made for P2 last time! . It was surprisingly good.

I couldn't have omelette with pancake syrup though, bad memories of breakfast sausages!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon everyone, I'm late getting here today. Scale says 150....am I surprised?

Maybe someday I will try the sweet omelette, Metqa, but right now I couldn't handle trying it. Your recipes always sound yummy. Hope you are doing ok.

Sooz, I'm w/ you on the time changes. I hate it. Wish they would make it one way and leave it there. I don't even care which way they made it, lol. There is always an adjustment period, darn it.

Angela, hope the rains have stopped for you. We've had really warm weather, thank goodness, but we've had the rains too. Today was nice but the clouds are gathering again and a couple of nights ago we had a tornado out close to the Texas border. They're starting early this year.

It's been a busy day, and had a Dr's appt too. He said I could quit wearing the girdle anytime I wanted, so today might be the last day. Hard to say since I feel kind of vulnerable without it but it would sure be good to be done with it too.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

high 70s in the forecast for today!!! and so far theres just a little cloud cover and a nice breeze!!!! if we get lucky and it doesnt start raining, i think i will take the baby to the park today! such a nice day so far. we had an appointment this morning and me and the baby were able to go in short sleeves even though it was still 830 am! YAY WARM WEATHER!!

just heard on the radio about a 7.2 'aftershock' in chile poor people down there, what is really going on with our world right now?