Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I am going to join (after reading allot!) in with the IF group.

Lots for me to read!
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
So many posties in here, I think that's great.

I don't dare think 'bout soft serve lol. I haven't been feeling well because I'm eating too much sugar and carbs and they just don't agree with me, even though I am not oppose to them and think we need them. But I feel better low carb or low carb-ish, anyway.

Shadows, I never felt better in my life than when I did a very strict NO SUGAR version of Sugar Busters for a few years. Hmmm, I don't know why I don't do that now, just that it got so hard to find food with no added sugar in it. I did permit milk and fruit (real fruit, not anything processed). I also limited sweeteners, which Sugar Busters did not call for. I ate only Ezekial bread and felt that was a cheat as it had some barley malt in there but then one can't really make bread without some sugar but eventually I just baked rolls and things with 100 percent stone ground wheat flour and baking powder so no sugar was needed (it's needed for yeast, but then yeast makes me ill anyhow so I felt better and better).

Sugar Busters forbids corn of any kind or corn products and that really helped. I learned to eat Triscuits (the darling of Sugar Busters) instead of corn chips with a little melted cheese and salsa or with fresh guacamole. I made "corn bread" with 100 percent stone ground whole wheat flour (tastes the same as cornmeal).

I need to ponder why I got off that diet. I lost 10 pounds (had already had a major weight loss years ago) without effort, felt great, was rational and less of an emotional basket case, didn't have odd reactions to food.

Hmmm ...
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelad653
Stats: 161/151/145
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: January 4 2010
So... today has been great so far... cleaned house most of the day and managed to not really get hungry at all! broke my fast with some steak and salsa at about 330 (trying not to wait to late) and i do feel a little tired after eating, Seems like i had much more energy before i ate it. but otherwise i do not feel over full or anything. going to have to try to break my fasts with something lighter and then have something heavier for supper i think... otherwise LOVING that i dont get hungry in the mornings/early afternoon anymore!! think i am probably going to end up saving a ton on groceries and eating lunches out! YAY!!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Hi everyone~
Thought it was about time I checked in~ doing pretty good~ have been reading *The Warrior Diet* I think I'm sort of combining the two~ I just can't 'undereat' If I get one taste of real food (diet coke doesn't count) it triggers my appetite~ and as you all know, appetite and hunger are two very different things Anyway, I really need to keep to the window~ and yes Angela, I get tired after I eat too~ so for me, it's best left for the end of the day when I would sit and relax anyway. At this point, I'm bouncing between a 8-10 pound loss~ and I have more energy!

Hope everyone has a great week!
~~~N
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nady View Post
At this point, I'm bouncing between a 8-10 pound loss~ and I have more energy!

Hope everyone has a great week!
~~~N
YaY
Angelad653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Wow, lots of posts here. Sorry to have been MIA. Dr's ofc yesterday, out shopping today.
Dr said everything is going fine, I could lose the hideous white support stockings and lose the corset and get a girdle. Told me to be active since I wasn't going to have the hose on anymore.
Went shopping today for a new girdle, the ones I have here at home won't fit (too small ) Don't know when I've ever fit into them.

Scale is down 1 lb to 153 this morning, wishing for more, lol. Guess we are never satisfied. Whine,whine.

Nady, good to see you back here. Congratulations on losing and keeping off 10 lbs I've heard of the warrior diet, not sure if i've read it or not. I guess I'm just kinda Atkins/my own way/hcg/protein power Whatever works is my motto.

Angela, sorry you were feeling tired after eating. That might be the body directing blood to the stomach to digest what you ate. Think that is normal for 30 min or so after eating...maybe somebody else who knows what they are talking about could give us some insight on this? I've always just been told to rest for awhile after eating to aid digestion. Metqa, what'cha think?
Otherwise, glad the I.F. is working for you.

Amandy, you sure have been ambitious to bake your own bread. I'd not even worry about the barley malt on the package of Ezekials but that's just me. I'm glad Sugar Busters worked for you. Maybe you should go back to it? While I.F. too?

Hi Daisyhair glad you are going to join us. I hope I.F. will work for you. Read the sticky at the top of the page of "Others" for more information. We're pretty lose here, no rules to follow, really. Just pick your window, some start w/ larger windows than 5 hrs and work their way down, some just keep larger windows. We basically feel that it's whatever works for you to get the weight off.

Hazelsmrf, your story sounds like a lot of others. Once you are older and have kids, the weight is harder to get off, but you can do it. Enjoy that vacation and just do what you can do. See you when you get back.

Melissa, Whooot!! on being your lowest so far. The weight is just melting off, girl. You've done amazing since you found out about you blood sugar. Amazing what happens when you just follow the plan, huh? Congratulations on that loss, and on to the next goal.

Sue, hoping that the carbs are not calling your name and that you are getting them lower. Thanks for the comments on cooking for hubby. Sometimes it's challenging, lol, but I've found some yummy recipes that way.

Shadows, hoping you are doing good on your No Sugar rules for the year. Does that also include s/f products. No stevia or splenda? Girl, if all I had was dial up, I'd be livin' at McDonalds. They could just rent me a room.

Karen, hope everything is going good with you. Why is Crystal Light tea a cheat? Maybe by going by your rules? Drinks don't count to me, even hot chocolate. I use sugar free Nestles and have a cup now and again when it's cold out and evening and I have the munchies. Hot drinks help me out a lot.

Hope if I forgot anybody that you'll forgive me. Also, everyone have a great day today.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Nady daisy Hello to everyone else also. I'm having a rather busy day, so sorry for not getting to everyone personally. Day 4 on my new food plan and I am settling in with it quite nicely. I have that feeling of wellbeing and the satisfaction that comes from taking better care of myself. I'm having to remind myself of all the old tricks that come with doing vlc from back in my old Atkins induction days--many years ago... Funny how carb creep had inched up on me over the years.

Hope everyone has a good evening. Tomorrow is Friday already--another week down on the journey! Later.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/210.2/161
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dukan 1/4/2014 Elim diet 4/27/14 Challenge 6/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Dr said everything is going fine, I could lose the hideous white support stockings and lose the corset and get a girdle. Told me to be active since I wasn't going to have the hose on anymore.
Went shopping today for a new girdle, the ones I have here at home won't fit (too small ) Don't know when I've ever fit into them.

Scale is down 1 lb to 153 this morning, wishing for more, lol. Guess we are never satisfied. Whine,whine.
Linda, I had to chuckle about your girdle shopping. I was thinking of my granny looking girdle I have had since the early 80's. I don't know if it fits me anymore either, come to think of it, I don't really even know where it is haha--what we go thru, huh?. Yeah for your 1 lb loss--it's a lot if you try and carry a one lb bag of something around all day.

Sue
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
Wow. Big reminder today why I can't eat early or late in the day. AF/TOM has just started and I've been hungrier the last few days. Still eating LC, but over a bit on levels, up 2 pounds as of this morning. Today I got HUNGRY and ate *before* noon <gasp> but while my stomach was trying to process it I got a horrible stomach ache, nausea. Ended up falling asleep on the sofa for a bit, huddled under a blanket because I got cold. Could feel the pain lessen as the food finally moved. I feel wiped out! All from eating at 11:30am instead of after 1pm. Wow. Just solidified for me the negative outcome of eating outside my window, for me personally w/ the way my stomach just doesn't digest well then.
I'm supposed to be joining my Mom for Thai for lunch tomorrow - her lunch hour starts at 11am. I think if I get anything after this stomach episode today, I'm going to just get it to go and eat it later when it hopefully won't bite me in the butt. lol
IF is one of the best things to ever happen to me.
http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com/
"I can have results or I can have excuses. I can not have both."
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

I agree!! IF is the best thing that has happened to me too (diet wise anyway) I havent had anything to eat before 2pm in 9 days and most days its later than that and I am very much loving it

Last edited by Angelad653; 02-18-2010 at 03:49 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

OK - turns out that it wasn't so much the eating outside my window that laid me flat yesterday w/ stomach pains, etc. I've eaten outside my window before and never had quite this reaction, and I haven't had avocado in a while, so I did some research. Turns out that I most likely had an allergic reaction to the avocado. It can happen for people who have a latex allergy which the women in my family have. I guess it's time for new rounds of allergy testing, and finding a new potassium source besides avocado. Oy.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:17 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Melissa, it's good you found out you had an avocado allergy. There are lots of foods high in pottasium. Here's a list I found:
List of Potassium Rich Foods
# Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Brazil Nuts, Brown Rice, Cantaloupe, Figs, Honeydew, Kiwi, Legumes, Lima beans, Milk, Oranges, Orange Juice, Peaches, Potatoes, Prunes, Raisins, Roasted Peanuts with skin, Spinach, Squash, Vegetable Juices, Wheat Bread, White Rice, Winter Squash, Yogurt

# Tomatoes, milk products, avocados, meats, potato, celery

# Carrots, broccoli, rasins, prunes, watermelon,

# Fish: Cod, flounder, sardines, salmon, poultry: chicken, turkey are high potassium foods.

# Hamburger, grains such as bran and wheat.

# Artichoke, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Corn, Dates, Green Beans, Green Peppers, Iceburg

# Lettuce, Kidney Beans, Onions, Papayas, Parsley, Pumpkin, Peas, Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Sweet Potato, Tomato. Note that potassium is found in the skin of many vegetables.

About anything you could want has pottasium, including some I wouldn't touch.

Angela, I'm so glad that I.F. is working for you. Sure makes it easier when we find the right plan for us.

Sue, I also had to laugh at your girdle story. Only they call them "shapers" now.
That feeling of wellbeing and satisfaction is priceless. Good for you...hang in there.

Scale says down to 152 this morning. Slow but steady, and maybe when I can become more active it will continue down and I can get back under 150. That would be SUCH a thrill. Moving a little more each day.

Everybody have a great week end.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #343
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 View Post
OK - turns out that it wasn't so much the eating outside my window that laid me flat yesterday w/ stomach pains, etc. I've eaten outside my window before and never had quite this reaction, and I haven't had avocado in a while, so I did some research. Turns out that I most likely had an allergic reaction to the avocado. It can happen for people who have a latex allergy which the women in my family have. I guess it's time for new rounds of allergy testing, and finding a new potassium source besides avocado. Oy.
Sorry you may be allergic to avocado, but glad you might have found the source of your tummy aches.
Quote:
Wow, Melissa, it's good you found out you had an avocado allergy. There are lots of foods high in pottasium. Here's a list I found:
List of Potassium Rich Foods
# Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Brazil Nuts, Brown Rice, Cantaloupe, Figs, Honeydew, Kiwi, Legumes, Lima beans, Milk, Oranges, Orange Juice, Peaches, Potatoes, Prunes, Raisins, Roasted Peanuts with skin, Spinach, Squash, Vegetable Juices, Wheat Bread, White Rice, Winter Squash, Yogurt

# Tomatoes, milk products, avocados, meats, potato, celery

# Carrots, broccoli, rasins, prunes, watermelon,

# Fish: Cod, flounder, sardines, salmon, poultry: chicken, turkey are high potassium foods.

# Hamburger, grains such as bran and wheat.

# Artichoke, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Corn, Dates, Green Beans, Green Peppers, Iceburg

# Lettuce, Kidney Beans, Onions, Papayas, Parsley, Pumpkin, Peas, Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Sweet Potato, Tomato. Note that potassium is found in the skin of many vegetables.

About anything you could want has pottasium, including some I wouldn't touch.

Angela, I'm so glad that I.F. is working for you. Sure makes it easier when we find the right plan for us.

Sue, I also had to laugh at your girdle story. Only they call them "shapers" now.
That feeling of wellbeing and satisfaction is priceless. Good for you...hang in there.

Scale says down to 152 this morning. Slow but steady, and maybe when I can become more active it will continue down and I can get back under 150. That would be SUCH a thrill. Moving a little more each day.

Everybody have a great week end.
Linda, Thanks for that great list! I never thought about other sources of potassium besides bananas, and avocados.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandy
Hi, all! :wave:

Linda, I've been doing Sugar Busters for a few days now successfully, except I modify it a lot, as I always did. Starting to feel well.

I have a latex allergy btw, and often have problems with bananas (which are forbidden on Sugar Busters anyway but I normally eat them in small amounts). I don't have any problem with avocado, though, but it is worth noting that people with avocado problems usually CAN'T tolerate bananas well.

I am still doing my modified "window" for IF. I can't eat all day either, makes me ill when I do that and I end up not being able to stop eating, just at loose ends and wanting to eat all the time and that is how I gained so much weight many years ago (it's been off for a long time, though, but I don't intend for it to come back! )
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amandy, glad you are doing Sugar Busters w/ your own modifications. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I think we should always alter any diet to suit our needs, otherwise we won't stick to it. I'm glad you're feeling better.

You keep talking about the weight you've lost and how you've kept it off for years. I'd really love to hear your story and how you did it. It would be very motivating for the rest of us, I'm sure.

Metqa, you're welcome. I had no idea potassium was so prevalent in so many foods.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Here's a question for you. If you are eating in a five hour window, would you not still be consuming as many calories as when eating all day? Although I eat this way I can't say that it has reduced my intake overall to any extent. I am wondering what the advantage is and perhaps one of you knows.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can only answer for me, Suze. When I eat within a 5 or 6 hr window, I do not consume as many calories as I would if I ate 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks, or as many calories as I would if I snacked of an evening. Once I start that stuff, it's hard to stop, and I don't tend to snack on green beans or celery, KWIM? A couple of meals a day seems to work better for me, weight wise and hunger wise. I do eat dessert after supper and within my window many times, but it's always low carb.
So, I guess the advantage is not snacking of an evening for me. The sticky at the top of this forum about I.F. can give you more information. The guy that started Fast 5 says it helps the body not to be digesting food all the time and to let digestive system rest.

Last edited by lindaokc; 02-20-2010 at 04:50 PM..
Old 02-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyWuzzy
Stats: 140/125/120
WOE: Sensible
Start Date: December 2010
Hey everyone, the slacker is back!

I had an awesome Fast-5 day today! I fasted 21 hours, from 7pm last night until 4pm today. Ate very good in my window, except for the Dorito's (last of the junk food in the house). I had a salad, 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup for dinner and an orange which DD ate most of for dessert. I've already closed my window but am about to have some sleepy time tea. Starting weight is ..uugghh, pains me to say this, ... 140. I'll be working religiously to get that back down to 120. Only did yoga today, tomorrow I'll be back to P90X.

Glad to see all the new faces on here!

Wuzzy
LadyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Here's a question for you. If you are eating in a five hour window, would you not still be consuming as many calories as when eating all day? Although I eat this way I can't say that it has reduced my intake overall to any extent. I am wondering what the advantage is and perhaps one of you knows.
When I log in the food, it really does seem like I eat less calories if I stick to the window. (trouble here is sticking to it)
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWuzzy View Post
Hey everyone, the slacker is back!

I had an awesome Fast-5 day today! I fasted 21 hours, from 7pm last night until 4pm today. Ate very good in my window, except for the Dorito's (last of the junk food in the house). I had a salad, 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup for dinner and an orange which DD ate most of for dessert. I've already closed my window but am about to have some sleepy time tea. Starting weight is ..uugghh, pains me to say this, ... 140. I'll be working religiously to get that back down to 120. Only did yoga today, tomorrow I'll be back to P90X.

Glad to see all the new faces on here!

Wuzzy
Hey, Slacker good to see you back here. I'll never get to 120 in my natural life and would be happy to see 140 *I think*. Good luck to ya and I know you will get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
When I log in the food, it really does seem like I eat less calories if I stick to the window. (trouble here is sticking to it)
Ditto here. That snackin' habit is HARD to break.

Good morning, everyone. Scale is down 1 lb this morning, to 151. I would certainly be exciting to get UNDER 150 again, just keeping my fingers crossed. Although I am watching what I eat, I think the reason the scale is going down is that the saline is still there from the lipo and as it leaves, the scale goes down. Hoping for more loss, but I'll be satisfied if I can hold it here.

Heading off for church this morning with the grandchildren. Then we will take them out to lunch. Hoping I can hold up, that's quite a day, lol, for someone without any energy.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyWuzzy
Stats: 140/125/120
WOE: Sensible
Start Date: December 2010
Completed P90X Core Synergistics today. Love that workout, so much variety!! Have only had water and two cups of coffee so far. Not eating until 4 or 5pm.

Thanks for the Welcome Back Linda!

Wuzzy
LadyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Thanks for the info regarding my question. I guess if you stay in your window it then sort of controls your intake plus as they said controls the digestive process. Are most of you staying LC or VLC? I'm having an awful time because of the hunger/cravings. Got any suggestions?

Suze
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

I find it's much easier to do IF when I keep LC. I'm doing induction-level carbs.
Did you start with LC or IF? I find it easier to reduce my window after I'm enjoying the appetite suppression of low-carb & ketosis.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just got back from lunch after eating out. Overate, probably. I had coconut shrimp, chicken and pork roast w/ about 1 T. of northern beans. More than I should have had, but mostly low carb. Dessert was 3 donut holes and a cupcake, didn't finish the cupcake. It's been a long day already and it's good to get back home and out of my clothes.

Sounds like you are a workout wizard, Wuzzy. Wish I had your ambition, but I'm lucky to just be walkiing right now. Enjoy opening your window.

Suze, I eat low carb and even vlc because hubby is diabetic and can't eat many carbs. I leave out most bread, potatoes, grains, corn, etc. and we eat the lower glycemic veggies, hubby eats lots of salads, we eat the lower glycemic fruits like strawberries. We still eat a balanced diet, just don't need the grains, starches, high glycemic fruit. It's not necessary.

Melissa, I agree that I.F. is easier w/ low carb. The carbs are addictive and once they are out of your system it's much easier to leave them alone.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Shadows, hoping you are doing good on your No Sugar rules for the year. Does that also include s/f products. No stevia or splenda?
Yep, Linda, staying strong with the no-sugar stuff (as well as no flour or grains). For Lent only, I've also cut out red meats and full-fat dairy. I haven't yet tackled artificial sweeteners, though I cut them back to stevia and saccharine, pretty much. However, I am expecting to tackle that later this year, once I feel pretty confident with all the other changes.

Amandy, I read the SugarBusters book and enjoyed the information in it. Couldn't do the diet because I am sensitive to most grains. (Corn is one of the few I can tolerate.) Well worth the read, just to find out all it has to say about the effects of sugar on the body.

Big Confession: I have temporarily shelved IF. I finally got my exercise program going consistently and it makes me too hungry. When I've tried eating within a window, I end up eventually giving up and snacking late at night after feeling as I've been starving for hours. So, for right now at least, I am just going to focus on exercise and see if the appetite comes back under control. Despite the fact that I feel as if I am eating more, a lot of the increase seems to be in the volume of vegetables I'm eating, so no weight gain. But my eating window has stretched to 9-10 hours which is, well, sort of normal, not really fasting.

LadyWuzzy, I have heard that is a killer workout. Good for you!

RWCitySue, I couldn't bring myself to say "for good" either. That's why I decided to say "Sugar-Free for 2010." I'm hoping by the time I make it through a whole year, my body won't notice if I don't go back. It isn't really physical cravings that are bugging me but the psychological dependence. Today, for example, I got frustrated over something and really really wanted to soothe the frustration away with some ice cream. When I told my inner sugar brat no, it started pouting and flooded me with icky depressive feelings. I worked out and then popped a romantic comedy I had rented for the weekend into the DVD player, and that got me out of depression mode. But that has been the real struggle for me. The actual physical cravings are pretty much long gone.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone
Glad to see so many new posts in here. Glad to hear everyone is doing well

I have been doing pretty great at sticking to my window, even tho my food choices have strayed away from low carb off and on. i think the longest window i have had is 6 hours on saturday when i ended up eating dinner later than planned. but other than that, i have been closer to 5 everyday. its to the DR. today to have my IUD checked since i have been having a good bit of cramping recently. wish me luck that its nothing serious AND that the IUD can be adjusted to be able to keep it in a few more months! (trying to wait about 4 more months before trying for another baby)
I think my weight is still stable, not up or down since the addition of carbs. and like most mondays, I am planning on being more strict on my carb intake today, trying to get back on track this week

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Scale is up this morning, due to eating out yesterday, I hope. I'll be more careful today with my food choices. I sure don't want to go higher, hoping for lower.

Shadows, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with your No Sugar year. Hard to follow with HFCS in everything anymore. I don't know if I could give up red meat for anything, lol. I think it's my favorite food. If not, it's got to be close.

Angela, sorry to hear about your problems. Hoping everything goes well for you at the Dr's. Be sure and let us know what he has to say.
Congrats for sticking with your window. Maybe you can get the carbs down a little this week.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Hi gang,

Had a crazy busy weekend so didn't get to read the sticky and thread (s), I like to really know what I am doing before starting anything so it may be a few more days.

Thank you so much for everyone for the welcomes!

I feel like I am at a point in my weight loss that I can handle maybe one day a week that I fast..

Looking forward to getting in gear,
Have a great week everyone!

Cary~
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Shadows, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with your No Sugar year. Hard to follow with HFCS in everything anymore. I don't know if I could give up red meat for anything, lol. I think it's my favorite food. If not, it's got to be close.
It's not that there's anything wrong with red meat or dairy, but my "theme" for Lent this year is Examing Excess, so I've been looking at where it is occurring in my life. I was thinking about how our ancestors went through lean periods every spring when they had used up most of what they saved for winter, but the animals were too lean to hunt and there weren't any vegies/fruits growing yet. Most European cultures had some sort of "fatten yourself up" festival in early Feb. to use up the last of the stored meat/dairy before it spoiled, and then tightened their belts for a good 6-8 weeks before much other food was available. (That is actually where Lent comes from -- it predates the modern church.) In the US, we can't go a block without hitting enough food to feed a village and we rarely have hungry times. Not surprising we don't have lean bodies either. So this year I thought I would look at all the excess I have in my life, and which of it is good for me and which isn't. (And, of course, after Lent I thoroughly intend to praise and indulge in the good-for-me stuff. )

Linda, do you ever hear from our friend Barbara? I miss her!

daisyHair,

Angela, good luck with your IUD. It sounds as if you're doing well with sticking to IF. Maybe, as Melissa said, it is easier to get one of the wheels of IF/LC going first and then add the other.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck Cary, on your having one day a week of fasting, although having a 5 hr window to eat in is not fasting, IMHO. I guess for those used to 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks, it would be. Hoping you can make it work for you.