Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietblissgirl
Stats: 180.00/178/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/14
Stir fried shirataki's -hmm.. I may have to try that! I was making my kidlets some pasta last night and it sure looked good!! BUt I regained composure and had my kielbasa with roasted cauliflower and a salad instead. Yea for me.
Day 3 today and I already noticed that I wasn't so hungry yesterday. My challenge is that I get up at 5:30 for work and it just seems to make for a long day.
quietblissgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Hi everyone and hope the weather is better where you are now. We have cold and snowy here in Utah and more to come! ARG...I am having to walk at the fitness center instead of outside and my doggie has to stay home and she doesn't like that! LOL
I finally made myself a food journal from the PP book to keep track for a bit.
I tried a stir fry with the shirtake noodles last night and it was great. Of course I added plenty of fish sauce and soy sauce to flavor up the frozen veggies but since there was a special on shrimp I added them and quite yummy.
Today I will be weighing my clothes so I can drop them off at the local charity store. I am interested in how much they weigh.
Quietblissgirl: Congrats on resisting temptation! Your meal sounded good to me. For me if I keep busy I forget to eat but if I just sit and read or watch TV etc I get the munchies LOL
Off on another short trip but will have internet access so I will check in.
Have a great week everyone!
Remind Myself...Being thin is better than anything else tastes right now!
Current: 162 down 43.6 from re-start

Exercise this week: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thus, Fri, Sat off , Sun
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spryng
WOE: protein power
Start Date: 1/3/2010
Evening all!

quiet- I know what you mean about long days, I work from home for an insurance company and my days usually start at 4-5 am and I don't get off until 4-5 pm.. it's excrutiating at times! I used to need to snack constantly just to stay alert, I was so worn out but things are much better with this plan! I have lots more energy and sleep so much better and no snacking required anymore How do you roast cauliflower? sounds really good! I love mashed cauliflower..

Cathie- so sorry about the weather! it's been strange here! today was 63 degrees which is very unusual for january! I hope so much it would last but I know better... but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts...your stir fry sounds wonderful! I had it again tonight as well, it was just too good! but now I'm out of shiratake noodles, plan on buying many more pkgs this weekend How much did your clothes end of weighing?

Well today has been really good. My mom called and asked how the diet was going and you know I couldn't believe it when I said I've been on it 2 1/2 weeks now!!! it's flown by and I've never been happier with a diet in my life, I truly can see me doing this for the rest of my life!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure how anyone else roasts cauliflower, but I usually nuke it for a few minutes to soften it up. Then I toss it with olive oil and bake it in a hot oven (400-425) for about 15 min until it starts to brown. I sprinkle s&p on it, some garlic powder and parmesan cheese. mmmm. I tried it with chili powder - but it did not turn out well.

Had a yummy pizza last night. Made a crust out of egg- not very stable as crusts go -but put it in a pie pan with cheese, pesto and pepperoni - baked it and yummy. Having fun trying new recipes!

What are some of your favorite meals??

Start Date : 2/12/14
Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I will have to try that roasted cauliflower! sounds delicious! My favorite meals aren't very gourmet but right now its the asian stir fry with shiratake noodles and then probably a good old fashioned grilled rib eye with some mock mashed potatoes oh and chorizo and egg in a lc tortilla, that is my favorite breakfast meal for sure So how are you feeling today? you should be in ketosis now and in full fat burning mode!!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

chorizo and egg sounds yummy- haven't had that for a long time. I'm doing well-not sure about ketosis, havent' checked my keto-stix yet. Maybe tomorrow! I was wondering how much salami one girl can eat in a day. I need to stop because my fat grams are ridiculously high (according to *********.com). It's flipping cold here and all I want to do is wear sweat pants, lay on the couch and snack!! hahah - good thing I have work to do! Husband just left for work, after hearing me plead my case to move to Florida for the 100th time this year already.

What type of protein powder does everyone like here? I'm out of my "carb solutions" brand and am looking for something I dont have to order online. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I got mine at walmart, it's the super advanced whey protein chocolate flavor and it's not half bad once you add cream and splenda to it...
I've never used ketostix, I heard their really unreliable so I saved my money, I know I'm in ketosis when my cravings subside and I have more energy and the weight is coming off Tonight I'm enjoying a glass of wine, I'm so thrilled with this plan that we can have our wine or low carb beers! It has been the easiest for me to follow that is for sure..
Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies! how is everyone doing tonight?
Just thought I'd check in...so glad the week is over! Plan on grocery shopping tomorrow and stocking up on more lc goodies we had soft tacos for dinner with the last of our lc tortillas so I'll definitely need more of them.

Well anyway, just wanted to pop in, hope the week has been good for you and can't wait to read your posts!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ctviggen
Anyone know the primary purpose of the six week cure? Is it to lose 10 pounds, or can one continue on it to lose, say, 50 pounds? Reading the book, the answer to this question doesn't jump out at me.

I will say that I lost 15 pounds the first two weeks. I weigh in -- officially -- tomorrow for the first of the "meat" weeks. I don't believe I've lost additional weight, although I'm also lifting weights (the slow burn or whatever it's called principle) and doing high intensity interval training, neither of which I was doing the first two weeks. I may have lost weight but gained muscle mass or am retaining water because of the workouts.

Thanks!
ctviggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ctviggen
Darn! I posted that in the wrong spot. Sorry.
ctviggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Not a problem Ctviggen! hope you found the thread you were looking for

Well ladies, weigh in day, I'm down another lb this week! woo hoo! I think I've told you before that I'm a slow loser and I was hoping I'd lose a little faster on this plan but looks like I've settled back into my SLOW ways, lol.. but I am losng inches because I was in a 14 and yesterday I put my 12's back on and they fit!!!! I was so thrilled! goodbye 14's!!! I've also proven to myself I can go out and eat at any of my favorite restaurants and pick great on plan choices, we took the kids to one of our favorite italian restaurants yesterday and I was able to choose the grilled shrimp and artichoke salad and thoroughly enjoy it! I wasn't even tempted by the bread basket or anything, my husband has been shocked!LOL!! I'm 3 weeks into this plan as of today and I feel like I've been on it my whole life, lol. Oh and we found a natural health food store yesterday that carried low carb bread! it's a protein bread and the reg low carb loaf is only 1 carb a slice! and the almond cinnamon raisen is 2 carbs a slice, I toasted some of the latter last night and put on some cream cheese and it was like a dessert, very tasty! the bread is very dense since it's mostly protein but it would work for toast etc, not sure about sandwiches but it's still a great find!!! Stocked up on some more shiratake noodles as well, they were 50 cents cheaper there than the other store we had found them at.

Well anyway, wanted to share my wi with you all! hope your weekend is going well!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GeorgiaGal
Stats: 165.3/149.5/130 52 years young
WOE: HCG Injections
Start Date: January 31, 2012
Good Morning,
Gosh I am sorry, it's been almost a week since my first post. Work was really busy this past week.

Spryng you and I look pretty similar in stats. I WI this morning and was down 6.3 pounds for my first week. Needless to say I am thrilled.

Someone asked me what LFL is - Lean for Life. On this plan you eat 3.5 oz of protein for your 3 meals and 2 snacks. I wasn't losing on this. With my calculations for pp I am to eat 3oz of protein per meal. I have a food scale that I weigh out my protein. Does anyone else do this? Do any of you eat your snacks as well? I seem to be ok with my 3 meals so far.

I am excited about this program and really don't expect to lose that much this week, but if I can lose 2 pounds per week I hopefully will be at goal by summer.

I promise to check in more and get to know you all better. :blush:
Hope you're having a great Sunday so far.

Forget Perfection.....aim for Excellence.
GeorgiaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Georgia - congrats on your 6.3 lbs!!! that is awesome!!! and so glad you are back to post with us No I don't weigh my protein I just count my carbs and eyeball the rest, seems to be ok so far, as I get closer to goal I may need to weigh etc and some days I eat my snack and some days I don't need one I just let my body dictate it for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Spryng - yea for your loss. I will admit that I went over the edge during football and went off plan yesterday. I"m back with a vengance today and am vowing not to weigh until my 2 weeks are up. I know my weekend put me back but all I can do is move forward.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Well don't worry about that one day...even in his book he doesn't expect perfection and a good line a read once was Dieting is a strategy to obtain your weightloss goals it's not a religion so we will tweak and modify as we go along so just keep plugging along and don't look back
Old 01-25-2010, 05:26 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday Morning,

Well another week ahead. We have had torrential rains here and now under a wind advisory; makes it tough to get outside and walk. I guess I'll be in the gym tonight.

Blissgirl; it was a great football weekend and it's hard not to "indulge" sometimes. I hope you have a great week.

Does anyone else use the ketostiks? It's a great measuring tool for me to make sure my carb count is where it should be. I was just wondering if any of you use them as well.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

No I've never used the stix, I've heard they are pricey and not very accurate so I didn't want to get obsessed about the color on them, lol.. I know I'm in ketosis when I get my surge of energy, not hungry between meals and no cravings
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

They're not too bad. $10 for 100 near me. I actually like the seeing the color. I have high energy anyway so this gives me a bit of a benchmark. We'll see come the 2nd weigh in.

Is this board normally this quiet?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I have to say that I love my ketostix - when i'm feeling like the scale isnt' moving, it helps me to reassure myself.

What is everyone eating today?

I treated myself to a huge omelet here at work this morning, our cafeteria makes the best! We have a starbucks cart too - so i have a large coffee with half and half. Later, I'll have hot onion dip and radishes for snack and some cottage cheese and chicken salad for lunch.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Afternoon all!

Georgia- yeah the boards have been quiet but I try to post daily Those stix sound like a good deal! where do you buy them?

Quiet- you meals sound good today! I had chorizo and egg in a lc tortilla for breakfast and two slices of lc bread (the almond cinnamon raison protein bread) with cream cheese toasted for lunch, dinner I'm thinking hot wings and ranch and I had a sf jello with heavy whipped cream for a snack earlier.

The day is going well and I'm so glad to see you are too!! What have you found to be your favorite snack so far??
Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday Quiet and Sprying

Sorry I haven't had time to post but it has been one crazy week at work. I haven't had time to get to the gym. I am at work at 6:45 and this week haven't been leaving until 6:00. I am just too tired. I peeked at the scale this morning (my usual WI in on Sunday mornings) and I was up 2 pounds from the 6.3 I lost last week. I was really surprised because who loses 6.3 in a week unless you're a contestant on the Biggest Loser? So perhaps my body is balancing out?

I get my Ketostik's at RiteAid they had them marked down for some reason. I love them too - like Quiet said, it just reassures me that I am still "in the groove".

I am not a snacker - but when do I love Sargento white cheddar cheese sticks.

Well I hope to hear from you guys maybe this weekend. We're due for some snow/ice and for us that is huge!

Have an awesome Friday.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Hello all

Sorry I've been MIA, I let the scale beat me! I noticed that no matter how I tried to "tweak" my weeks my weightloss was going in the wrong direction.. I'm counting my protein and of course my carbs, eating less, eating more, etc etc and my weight is going UP??? tom is not on the horizon yet so what gives? so I did the wrong thing, I thought I could do a planned off meal to kinda "shock" my body with the extra carbs but it led to full fledge cravings again and I ended up eating bad ALL weekend.. not good.. I'm back on track today but I just feel like crap. I think maybe I should just try shakes for a couple meals a day and one real meal, what do you think? At this rate my losses have either slowed or is going up, something has to give! What do you all think?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Not really a good reason except I am spread a bit thing these days! LOL
I have stayed on plan for the most part...had a few off plan times but I am just NOT going to get all bent out of shape about it. I think it is just too easy to get obsessed and then cause myself one of those "might as well" times once I eat off plan. Then it makes it hard to come back! LOL
I am off weighing for right now and just going to try and see how clothes are fitting like you Spryng. I ordered some new pants from QVC in 14's and they fit but with a major mushroom top so they aren't really "wearable" yet. LOL I am one who looses the last fat in my middle and even though I can often wear Med on tops I just have to get bigger bottoms.
I am still struggling with snacking late at night and my best solution is to just go to bed! LOL
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

I am still hanging in here too.. my bday was feb 11th and we went out of town this past weekend and I didn't worry about being on plan but I'm back 100% today and hoping things go better.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Anyone still in here? lol I tried PP early LAST year and didn't really lose anything. But, I have to do something and PP seems to be the best fit (pardon the pun) for me. I skipped all over doing JUDDDD/LC, IF/LC, Atkins, PP. I decided to give PP another try. I know the PP forum isn't very active, but was curious to see how it's going for everyone.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Anyone still in here? lol I tried PP early LAST year and didn't really lose anything. But, I have to do something and PP seems to be the best fit (pardon the pun) for me. I skipped all over doing JUDDDD/LC, IF/LC, Atkins, PP. I decided to give PP another try. I know the PP forum isn't very active, but was curious to see how it's going for everyone.
Is it awful to quote myself and say that I'm now eyeing Atkins '72?
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraLeeinAlaska
I was able to buy the Protein Power book and a set of cassettes/video based on Protein Power, cheaply at local thrift stores. Also an atkins kit at a thrift store.

Now its just a matter of do I have enough responsibility and accountability to actually follow them?

For me it is resources, I feel that when I am low on funds, a .35 cent snack of ramen noodles from the company vending machine is a fun go to meal with hot chili sauce kept in a fridge.

But then theres that accountability to my health, a part of me is like, I'm not worth the investment to myself to buy quality diet food, I am not worth budgeting my money to improve my health. That is such a lie. I need to be accountable to myself and be empowering.

Its a big step. It feels like I'll be at this same step six months from now, because I am afraid to take that first step. The decision. I put myself down enough now. I don't want to give myself reasons by trying. Which is the wrong way to look at it.

The measure of success should be for me at least, was that I tried.
LauraLeeinAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymad
might get the book, tried so many stuff but is it really good?
jaymad is offline   Reply With Quote