Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lovingmygirls
Stats: 170/ 162/130
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan 6/2010
well today was my day 1. I think i am going to try the 2 shakes and a meal. I had one this morning and it held me over.
lovingmygirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2014
Hi, all. I'm starting officially tomorrow. Through New Years I totally binged and haven't stopped for days! I also will be doing at least one shake and maybe two tomorrow along with a couple of meals. That's the easiest for me to do and it gets me into ketosis without my body rebelling too much. Hope everyone's doing well!
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spryng
WOE: protein power
Start Date: 1/3/2010
Carol, I hope tomorrow goes well for you!

lovingmygirls, how did day 1 go for you! the first 3 days can be rough so just hang in there!!!

Today is day 4 for me, it went great! I feel good even with my LONG work days this week. I included a couple low carb tortillas into my lunch today for some low carb soft tacos and they were good! I'm sure you guessed it but I'm doing the hedonist version of the plan, lol.. I did peek at the scale today and I was shocked, I'm already down 4.8 lbs!!! I've abused my body so much with yo yo dieting over the past 11 years that I lose very slowly so to lose almost 5 lbs in just 3 days is a new record for me! I can't wait to see my full results come sunday! But none the less it's more reason to keep chugging along...

I hope everyone's day went well and had a great on plan day!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Good to see more reports.
I understand how hard it is to really get started when I have been indulging...one meal at a time and before you know it it will be just routine.
For those who are doing the shakes...are you doing the shakes with anything other than PP and water? When I do them I like to add ice, some heavy cream and maybe a 1/4 cup of frozen berries. I also bought some chocolate pp to make some different shakes like a Mounds with cocoanut flavoring and the choc pp.
I have also done them with a raw egg...didn't taste raw to me but if you don't like a raw egg then you can add egg beaters to up the protein content.
Remind Myself...Being thin is better than anything else tastes right now!
Current: 162 down 43.6 from re-start

Exercise this week: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thus, Fri, Sat off , Sun
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Cathie I've only had a couple shakes now, the first one I made with ice, chocolate pp, heavy cream and that was all.. last night I had one for dinner and I made it with water, chocolate pp, one raw egg, heavy cream, a couple tsp of splenda and it was pretty good, definitely filling
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lovingmygirls
Stats: 170/ 162/130
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan 6/2010
I took a look at the thread with the recipes. I am going into it easy. this morning i had a shake with pp ice, water and 3 frozen strawberries. mmmmm
lovingmygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

If I remember Dr E says you can add the berries but just make sure you account for the carbs LOL
Good news even with all the off plan meals I am down about 2 lbs and for me it just comes off slllloooowwwwlllyyyy.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Evening all!

Cathie that is great about the 2 lbs!!!!! awesome!!! When you first started the plan how long were you on it before you had your first off plan meal? My bday is in feb and I was thinking about allowing myself one for my bday dinner but didn't know if it would be too soon and how hard it would be to get right back on plan.. I'm scared at this point, lol.. But I know in the pp book he doesn't discourage it all so I won't feel like I'm cheating as much as I'm just scared all the cravings and such will come back in full force, what is your experiance with this?
lovingmygirls, your shake sounded good! I think I have some strawberries in the freezer! that would definitely help those shakes! How did you day go today?
Carol how did your first day go today?? We are here for you!!

Well day 5 is about done for me. I'm sleeping better than ever and hunger is definitely under control. I haven't had any cravings at all after day 3 but the thought of spaghetti sounds wonderful so I'm thinking about getting a spaghetti squash and finding some low carb sauce and make it really meaty.. have any of you done this? Have you tried those shiritaki noodles or miracle noodles?? I'm curious about those.. wish I could find them in a store somewhere..
So anyway, hope you all are having a great evening and enjoying your weighloss!!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Spryng- I am not sure if I can be much help as I have been low carbing it seriously since May 09 (for the 5th time). I don't have problems with what people refer to as cravings and have been able to do an off plan meal without much problem.
This time I had more than just one meal so I didn't loose like I probably should have but it's OK. Everyone is so different...there is a thread about if it would ruin you if you went off plan for a meal. The upshot is that if you have a very hard time staying onplan then it really wouldn't be a good idea to go off even for one meal. Dr E isn't so strict that he insists that you will ruin everything by going off plan but he does remind us that there are consequences.
Re read your book if you need a reminder.
Personally, I would do it but maybe you will decide closer to the time and keep your options open.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 265/180
Start Date: January 2010
What a Great Week!

Ladies, I haven't had time to write but I have been keeping up with the post. I'm learning a lot from all of you, so thanks! I had a great week. I tried to keep my carbs between 15 and 30. I did it! And I lost 11 lbs!
I was a bit hungry in the beginning but keep true to eating my main "meals" and snacks. I also think getting in the water helped curve my hungry, which was probably what my body really needed anyway. I also gave up diet pop totally. I went cold turkey and really I was surprised how well I did. I know that weight loss like this will not be typical for a week, but dam it feels great to have a good start like this. I have a lot to loss. Thanks for your encouragement!
teachingrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

That's a great first week report!
I wish I could give up the diet soda LOL I just think it is the one thing that I keep holding on to for a "treat" mentality. NOt a great reason but for now I just live with it.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in this morning and found that I had lost 2.4 more pounds so I am 3 lbs from being out of the 160's!
I still am not 100% PP because I am not in charge of food but very happy! LOL
Anyone have progress to report?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
Yep!

down 3.5 for the week, doing mostly 6WC with a bit of PPLP. Most importantly I'm off 1 inch on my waist
maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

That is great! My waist is the last area to respond to weight loss. I am a typical apple shape and right now am a med on the top and an xl/l on the waist area. My hips are almost the same as my waist measurments LOL
Anyone else?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

afternoon all! sorry I was mia for the weekend, it was so cold and I had to work sat so I wasn't online...

anyway, yest was my wi day and I was down 4.8 lbs for my first week! I had lost that in the first 3 days and then my weight went up a lb then down etc until yest it settled in on the 4.8 so yay! I am loving this woe!!!

teach- that is an amazing weigh in!!!! keep up the good work!!!!

my husband lost 10 lbs this past week on his first week too!

Well this is another 60 hr work week for me but because of pp I've got extra energy and it's not wearing me out. I just LOVE that. Oh and I found some shirataki noodles at the whole foods store and I can't wait to try them!!! spaghetti or alfredo here I come, lol! have any of you tried them?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

oh sorry forgot a couple people, I was typing too fast and hit send before proof reading, lol

cathie that is great about the weightloss despite not being 100% just means you are making some really great choices! are you on vacation or something?

maile congrats on the 3.5!!! and more importantly the 1inch!!!

I'm like you cathie, classic apple shape but it does seem my belly fat melts off first on low carb plans, it's my arms for some reason that are last! go figure! just shows how we are all so different, lol
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Yes, Spryng I am on vacation here at my parent's home.
I fly back to Ut tomorrow...I will miss them a lot but am ready to be home once more.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Afternoon all! it's sunny and 52 degrees here, sooo much better than -14 like last week, lol.. the snow is finally melting off and I hope we've seen the worst of the winter

How is everyone doing? the thread has been quiet lately.

Cathie did you get home safely and settle back in?

well I said in my last post I had bought some shirataki noodles and I tried them for lunch today with some alfredo and tilapia and they were really good! once they are rinsed good they don't really have a flavor. Mine are the tofu kind and I guess they work like tofu, don't really have their own flavor but take on the flavors in your dish. But it was nice to pretend I had a huge pile of angel hair pasta in my bowl, lol.. so anyway, it was 6 carbs in all, 2 for the entire pkg of noodles and 4 for the alfredo, it was a good filling meal

Other than that things are the same here, just trucking along on this plan, loving every second of it.. can't believe I'm already on day 11, almost two full weeks! yay!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

morning all! I'm taking a quick break from work, been working since 4am so thought I deserved a break, lol!

Where is everyone? I hope the quiet just means you are all busy and focused on your life and meals and not falling off the plan

Things are still good here, weigh in day is two days away, TOM hit so I'm hoping the water rentention and bloating is gone by then for an accurate weigh in..
I sat down last night and wrote out my long term and short term goals, weight loss goals. My bday is feb 11th, I turn the big 30 and for some reason it's kinda hitting me hard, maybe because I thought I would have had this weight issue kicked in the butt by the time I was 30 but *sigh* I do not but I'm on the right path finally. So anyway, I have a short term goal for my bday, to be 165.. then my 12th anniversary is april 4th and I'm hoping to be 150 by then and then our family reunion is june19 and I'm hoping to be at my goal of 130 by then.. so now it just requires me to do the work and stay focused! easier said than done, lol.. but I thought admitting them out loud to you all could help me stay focused and accountable. So there, it's in writing and out there, lol..
are you setting short or long term goals??

well back to work for me, hope to see some posts from you all soon!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi all
I am back but it has been a couple of busy days and I always take a few days to get back to normal routines when I travel.
Had a bumpy flight home and made me nausiated...blech so I had a hard time falling asleep once I was home.
As for eating...it's been OK but had a real binge of nut eating for some reason. I know they are "legal" but as Dr E says...so high in calories and it is easy to get way more than you "need". I probably won't have any loss this week but that's OK...
My plans are to work up a food diary from the PP book so that I can keep an honest track of my foods. I can easily overdo protein and be low on good carbs. Anyone else have that problem?
I also am adding some potassium pills because of very very painful leg cramps. Dr E says it can be a problem with LC eating.
Dr E updated his blog a few days ago and gave a mini view of his LC doctor journey. It was interesting and he answered some questions in the comments section.
Spryng I am in the process of setting goals but not gonna set any weight loss amounts but just things I want to accomplish like sticking to the protein/fat/carbs numbers etc
I have just struggled with target weights that I become discouraged so I am NOT doing that to myself LOL
Good luck with your goals and I will be here to cheer you on!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 265/180
Start Date: January 2010
Yes...way to go everybody is doing great! This week hasn't been as successful for me. Basically just maintained, but for the kind of week it was I'm ok with that. I hope to kick butt again this week and write more this week. I am a stress eater and I'm trying desprately to break that habit. I'm doing ok with figuring out new ideas for meals thanks to the great recipes on this site. I just have to figure another way to handle the stress. I'm going to try to focus on using exercise and yoga for this. Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for the encouragement.
teachingrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Afternoon all!

Cathie, so glad you are home safe and recovering from your flight. I haven't experianced any leg cramps yet but I've been taking my multivitamin, fish oil and b vitamins daily so maybe they've been helping, not sure. Your goals sound great! non scale goals can be just as motivating for sure

teaching- maintaining your weight during a stressful week is a great success!! I'm a stress eater too so I totally understand your battle. Course I'm one of those that turn to food when I'm stressed or extremely happy and want to celebrate etc, I'm just an emotional eater all the way around,lol.. so we can try to break that cycle together!

I had to work a few hours today but I'm finally finished for this week and don't return to work until weds, yay!! these 60 hour work weeks have been exhausting for sure. Tomorrow is my official 2nd week weigh in but TOM has hit and my body is retaining fluids so we'll see what it says tomorrow but I don't think I'll be down much, hopefully next week will be more accurate
Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! ooooooohhhhh it's so nice to be off work today! even though I still had to get up early to get the kids off to school, it will be just me and my 3 yo today so should be relaxing and fun.
Well my official weigh in, I was down another .2 lbs for the week.. I know it doesn't sound like much but with TOM here I call that a success!! and I have a non scale victory to share as well, yesterday we went out to eat, I did great at the restaurant, ordered a steak, salad and sauteed mushrooms, wasn't even tempted to eat the hot rolls and honey etc.. but then after we left my husband took the kids to coldstone creamery, I don't know if you've ever had their icecream but it's basically heaven on earth!!! lol.. it's always been my ultimate favorite. So anyway, I thought I would cave and have a planned off plan meal so I ordered a small german chocolate sundae.. I took one bite and gave it away! why? not because it was horrible but as soon as I took that bite I knew it didn't taste the same to me or have the same power over me so I just didn't WANT it.. that was a first. So still 100% on track here and I'm so proud of myself! our reunion is 5 months away and I have so much work to do! but I can visualize my goals now and it no longer feels like work but a lifestyle, what a nice feeling
Old 01-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietblissgirl
Stats: 180.00/178/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/14
I'm starting PP today and hope you don't mind me jumping in here! Spryng - I know Cold Stone, I admire your strength! I'm not a huge ice cream person- but LOVE cake. (LOVE LOVE LOVE CAKE and buttercream frosting.) I like the flexibility of PP over Atkins, and after reading the book - am looking forward to starting....
quietblissgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GeorgiaGal
Stats: 165.3/149.5/130 52 years young
WOE: HCG Injections
Start Date: January 31, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I have been reading all the posts and really would like to join this group. I just ordered the pp book from the library and should have it in the next couple of days.

I became very confused because I was doing LFL and the amount of protein they have you eat vs. pp seems to be way off. But I can tell you that I was not losing on LFL and it maybe due to too much protein. I have recently gained 20 pounds due to a back injury and was put on steroids where I felt I could never fill up; hence 20 pounds on top of the other 20 I was trying to lose. Now I have 40 pounds to lose. I recently started getting spinal injections and am now in a place of less pain where I can actually get back on the treadmill or eliptical. I also bought the Biggest Loser for my Wii game. (Jillian kicks your butt on that too. LOL)

I look forward to getting to know you all and I pray that this WOE will finally help me achieve my goals.

Thanks for allowing me to stop by.

Forget Perfection.....aim for Excellence.
GeorgiaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Georgiagal and quietblissgirl! I am so happy you decided to join us!!

Georgiagal, what is LFL? I hope your book comes soon! I actually started the plan before my book came, I was just so ready and anxious and was able to find the plan basics online so if you have any questions please ask

Quietblissgirl, how is your first day going on plan? The first 3 days are the hardest but hang in there, the light at the end of those 3 days is so worth it!! I chose pp for the same reason, the flexibilty over atkins. I like being able to have anything as long as it's within my carb limit so light beers or wine or dark chocolate, etc. Obvisously I'm doing the Hedonist version of the plan, lol. I recently added Shrirataki noodles to my meals and they are a wonderful substitue to pasta! I haven't really missed anything as of yet. My biggest downfall would be warm brownies, I LOVE them like you love cake but I just avoid them for now. I find sf jello and heavy whipping cream to cure my sweet tooth or a square of dark chocolate.

Well anyway, it's so wonderful to have some new faces here and I can't wait to get to know you two better!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietblissgirl
Stats: 180.00/178/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/14
Spryng, my first day is going well I think. I got up late and so I had my "breakfast" around noon. (day off for MLK) I had an egg scramble with 1 egg and 1/2 cup egg whites, some chopped up ham and a bit of onion and green pepper. I had some salami for snack after shopping, and just finished off some ricotta pancakes for dinner. I have carbs left so I might have a salad in a bit if I'm still hungry. I LOVE your Hedonist version- and will probably do a bit of that myself. I'm a big dark chocolate fan!!
I did try those Shirataki noodles awhile ago and couldn't take the texture of them. Maybe I'll try again.
Looking forward to getting to know you better too!

Start Date : 2/12/14
quietblissgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi once again!
Welcome to our two new PP'er friends. I am still trying to get my food diary ready so that I can keep better track of my numbers but staying on plan so far.
I spent the past few days going through my closet and drawers and making piles for keep and donating my clothes. My donate pile is huge and I plan on weighing it before I give them away! LOL Just like my old fatter self I want to see how many pounds of clothes I lost that got too big! LOL
At first it was hard but I decided that if I kept them it was like I was "keeping" the old me and not the new me, if you know what I mean. I still have quite a bit of weight to loose but I decided it was time to get those old baggy things gone!
Spryng Congrats on the continuing losses! I am bouncing back and forth 2 lbs so I am guessing too many snacks! Gotta cut them down by keeping myself busy doing other things.
quietbliss I know what you mean about the noodles...maybe it's an acquired taste, as my Grandpa used to say! LOL I like your quote by Tara from the BL.
Georgiagirl- I think you will enjoy PP and if you are interested in the science of it all the book explains it well. The great thing is that you can read parts of the book and get started quicker and then read the science slowly or read the whole thing at once in PP.
Hope you enjoy your new Wii game and it's fun as well as a good workout!

Busy day for me tomorrow as it is my quilt group day and I also need to go to the grocery and health food store. Seems like my days just zip by sometimes LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

today is my last day off work, I'm trying to enjoy every second of it!!!

Cathie that is a great idea to give those clothes away! Get them out of your closet and you are less likely to gain the weight back because you'd have to buy new bigger stuff! It works for me, I don't have too big clothes in my closet yet but I have alot of clothes that are too small I plan on hanging in the front of my closet as a daily reminder

quiet- yeah those noodles do have a strange texture I find really smothering them in sauce helps alot, tonight I think I'm gonna try them as "fried rice" chop them into tiny pieces and stir fry them with chicken and broccoli, egg etc like fried rice and soy sauce.. I've heard that taste much better in stir fries rather than italian dishes so we'll see How is day two going for you? Your need for snacks will subside after day 3 so hang in there!

Well the plan for me today is just to relax mostly, I am gonna rearrange my closet like I mentioned above but other than that I'm gonna relax and enjoy the 60 degree weather we are getting! I swear we must have a blizzard or something coming because this weather is crazy for us in january!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Ok I just had to jump back on and say YUM!!! the shirataki noodles in an asian stir fry was AMAZING!!! I made them how I mentioned above and they were beyond good!!! They completely lost their rubbery texture and flavor, I am so satisfied right now! even my 3 year old shared my plate with me and just kept saying YUM after every bite, lol.. I'll be full the rest of the evening and I probably only had 300 calories max, lol!