Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sanjula
Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your resul

Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your results ?
sanjula is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Welcome to you both!

I followed it for a year and had great success. The nutrition plan was easy for me to follow, I never felt deprived, enjoyed fruit, never once felt tempted to go off plan.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trlotlo
anyone follow this that has/had high blood pressure/cholesterol and what where your results?
trlotlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lioness8978
WOE: Low Carb, Protein Power
Start Date: 11/13/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjula View Post
Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your results ?
I lost weight quickly. I did not have a scale at the time, but I can tell you that I am one of those fortunate gals that were born with thunder thighs. And after a short while, I could take off my size 18 slacks without unfastening them. My pants were literally falling off. Sadly, I went back to eating carbs and it came back. Years later, I read Dr. Atkins' book and learned that I should slowly add back carbs to find out how many my body could handle.

Now that I have the formula, I just need to put it in action.
Lioness8978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dori47
I followed it years ago. lost close to 30 pounds in the the first 2 months and 75 pounds in a year. The first two weeks were so hard, but after that the cravings stopped. At the first plateau I gave up coffee. That was worse than giving up carbs. At the second plateau, I carb loaded one meal and it kick started me. I stopped following the WOE because of a life change
Dori47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mystic
Stats: 289/277/180
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Jan. 7, 2013
I followed it for about 6 months and lost around 30 pounds. Very easy to follow, especially after the first two weeks. I was easily able to kick my six-pack a day Mt. Dew habit. That being said, I have regained the weight because I let stress back into my life and have been working towards getting it back out.

I need to dig out my Protein Power Lifeplan book out next week and detox again because I think once I detox, some of the stress will go away. The majority of what I was dealing with at the time has since gone away. I am looking at maybe starting a new job (2nd interview is tomorrow) for a healthcare facility and I'd like to finally kick the extra weight to the curb.

Mysti

Diagnosed Hyperinsulinemic Aug 2001
Diagnosed Hypothyroid Dec 2012
Restarting Protein Power Jan 2013
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carrma
Stats: 67.9 kg/67.2kg/53kg
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: July 2012
I'm currently on it now and almost finished my second week. I'm a slow loser, but I've found this easy and by far better than my previous attempt at dieting on a different diet.
Carrma is offline   Reply With Quote