Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your resul (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/643764-have-you-followed-power-protein-book-weight-loss-what-were-your-resul.html)

sanjula 10-27-2009 04:38 AM

Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your resul

Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your results ?

DiamondDeb 11-04-2009 08:17 PM

Welcome to you both! :welcome: :welcome:

I followed it for a year and had great success. The nutrition plan was easy for me to follow, I never felt deprived, enjoyed fruit, never once felt tempted to go off plan.

trlotlo 07-27-2011 01:27 PM

anyone follow this that has/had high blood pressure/cholesterol and what where your results?

Lioness8978 05-20-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjula (Post 12662413)
Have you followed The Power of Protein book for weight loss, and what were your results ?

I lost weight quickly. I did not have a scale at the time, but I can tell you that I am one of those fortunate gals that were born with thunder thighs. And after a short while, I could take off my size 18 slacks without unfastening them. My pants were literally falling off. Sadly, I went back to eating carbs and it came back. Years later, I read Dr. Atkins' book and learned that I should slowly add back carbs to find out how many my body could handle.

Now that I have the formula, I just need to put it in action.

Dori47 07-02-2012 10:50 PM

I followed it years ago. lost close to 30 pounds in the the first 2 months and 75 pounds in a year. The first two weeks were so hard, but after that the cravings stopped. At the first plateau I gave up coffee. That was worse than giving up carbs. At the second plateau, I carb loaded one meal and it kick started me. I stopped following the WOE because of a life change

Mystic 07-14-2012 09:37 PM

I followed it for about 6 months and lost around 30 pounds. Very easy to follow, especially after the first two weeks. I was easily able to kick my six-pack a day Mt. Dew habit. That being said, I have regained the weight because I let stress back into my life and have been working towards getting it back out.

I need to dig out my Protein Power Lifeplan book out next week and detox again because I think once I detox, some of the stress will go away. The majority of what I was dealing with at the time has since gone away. I am looking at maybe starting a new job (2nd interview is tomorrow) for a healthcare facility and I'd like to finally kick the extra weight to the curb.

Carrma 07-25-2012 05:01 AM

I'm currently on it now and almost finished my second week. I'm a slow loser, but I've found this easy and by far better than my previous attempt at dieting on a different diet.