Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
Hello Everyone!! I had chinese food last night....for the first time since I started low carbing in May '09. It was a challenge, but I did just fine. I had hot and sour soup, about a cup's worth, and basil chicken. I also ate some of my husband's korean bbq. All was well bg-wise last night and this morning. I had also had a glass and a half of wine before we left home, which helps me deal with the carbs a bit....slows it down....

Anyway, nice to know I can do it sometimes, long as I stick to meat or fish, made with non-starchy veggies, little or no sauce, certainly not sweet, and of course no rice....careful with the soups....soy sauce and msg not really good for me either, lol...

we won't be doing it often..Let us know how the vinegar works for you Pattygirl. I may try it again myself. When I did it before I think I just didn't take enough. Cinnamon helps some people too. I stopped taking that supplement after a couple of weeks of nothing. A friend of mine's dad has done great with that, and he's had diabetes for decades..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

DEW wow fentanyl patch....you must have big-time pain....sorry to hear this, but I hope the patch takes care of it. You are amazing to be out helping others with that going on.
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dewdrop_mealine
Stats: 358/176
WOE: Richard K. Bernstein, Type 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by girondet View Post
DEW wow fentanyl patch....you must have big-time pain....sorry to hear this, but I hope the patch takes care of it. You are amazing to be out helping others with that going on.
I retired at the tender age of 54 because of a very bad back and right side injury. My PCP has gone very slow on building up my pain medication. I am told there is nothing to be done surgically. Sigh! Even more reason to maintain my bg's and get back down to a fighting weight. I got my other Bernstein book. I thought I ordered the older one that I had and can't find; turns out it's the newer version.

It is amazing to help the homeless and the seniors in my neck of the woods. Today I'm trying to finish up my newsletter and trying to clean house for company all week. My BFF is coming tomorrow and might stay over. I have the "seniors" coming to prep the newsletter for mailing and then my BFF from my college days and I have just reconnected recently (she just lived across the border) and we are having an overnighter next Saturday. It's so cool to catch up with someone you haven't seen in a zillion years. She just became at g-ma for the first time. Mine are 21, 19, 18, 16 and 15. Such wonderful people.

Buttercup @ 6 yrs
Books by: Richard K. Bernstein M.D.
Diabetes Solution
Diabetes Diet

Publishers: Little & Brown
Dr. Bernstein adventures
dewdrop_mealine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
A quick flyby as I'm trying to get this othr book read. I am doing a week, well will actually be 6 days as I want to take a copy to doc Friday, of doing BG checks FBG, before meals, 1 hr and 2 hrs after. I am glad Dr. Bernstein gives the chart in the book. Yesterday before a meal, my BG reading was a 94. It has been really good so far today as well. Not that low but no highs either.

I can't drink the ACV right now. The one I have is from the store distilled. I drank 2 T in a little bit of water with stevia Friday night and kept it down, but it was a struggle. So last night I made a little bit of salad with lettuce, spinach and cheese stick with EVOO & ACV and I think it is working. My FBG was back down below 110 this morning. So I will do this until I get to health food store tomorrow to get the Braggs organic ACV. I drank some coffee yesterday and today making it half caff/half decaf and it hasn't affected my BP as it was 111/66 this morning which is more normal for me. So overall, everything is going well for me.

Y'all have a great Sunday.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I went to the health food store today and got the organic ACV and also picked up a bag of Stevia for cooking. I went to Linda's Low carb site to get recipes for some sweet snacks so I have Cream Cheese Clouds in the freezer. These recipes will replace the protein bars so that I know exactly how many carbs I'm getting.
I did drink the red wine last night since I couldn't drink the regular ACV. My FBS was the same as it was yesterday so maybe it works. I'm using the organic ACV in salads now that I have it and will drink it before I go to bed.

Dew I'm sure you are busy with company... enjoy and have fun.

Clairie & Girondet Hello
Old 09-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone.....nothing new here really.....just trucking along.....I have noticed that when I'm being good it's boring, but when I'm being bad it's awful. I guess I need an attitude change, or to try some new recipes myself. LOL! Need to put some fun in this again..

I did walk three miles yesterday, though....a new high for me.....

Good for you on the organic vinegar, Pattygirl!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I reconnected with some people I had gone to school with too, Dew, last year, and keep up continuously now with one through emails. It's like coming full circle to see each other at this age. We were never that close then, but are becoming so now. There is somehow a special connection between people who knew each other in childhood. So many places, happenings, etc. that you have in common and stir up the old nostalgia bug! My family moved around a lot, but we always kept coming back to this one place....and finally settled there for good....

I hope you had fun with your college friend!!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Where is everyone? Out walking, shopping for low carb foods? Hitting the vitamin stores?

I am doing what I should, and finally not grumbling quite as much

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girondet I've been missing everyone as well. I've been a little more busy trying to be more active. I had a good doctor's visit Friday. My A1c was 6.2 so he put me on 3 month visits now. He was very pleased with the results and said I had lost another 3 lbs. Grrr I want to lose more. I told him I wanted to eat less calories than he suggested so started counting calories and will see how that goes. I am still staying pretty much low carb and may have to do just the carb count.

I bought me a Cuisinart Ice cream maker and found some lowcarb recipes on line. I made some strawberry ice cream with Splenda yesterday with low carb count of 3.5 per serving and it is yummy. It was the only thing that I really missed on low carb. Told doc that I sure would love to have some toast with breakfast, but since my bloodwork came back sooooo good that I would stick to low carb. My trigylcerides were up a little bit although in the normal range, but he said that is normal because the liver is moving things around and everything should get back to normal.

So I am going to do the 30 carb thing like Dr. Bernstein says.

Heading out to church in a few minutes. Hope everyone is doing well. I assume that Dew is busy with her company. Hope to see her here again soon.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!!! Don't forget about us trying to keep this thread going!

It sounds like you're doing great Pattygirl! Congrats on the good Dr.visit and getting your numbers in line!

I love ice cream too, and make a low carb one similar to what you describe. There really does seem to be a good substitute for everything we used to eat, doesn't there? Vanilla is my favorite in my own ice cream, but maybe that's because I use the Baker's chocolate? Some others I tried were kind of waxy when frozen. At least that one doesn't do that. What I want is a low carb dulce de leche flavor!

I've been walking, and adding to my mileage. I'm up to 3.5. It's not that I want to walk miles and miles at once, but I'd like to get to where I feel fit enough to. Maybe I'll try to walk 5 miles twice a week, and do something else other days.

Just being generally more active tops everything else, I've heard. Better than sitting on the couch all the time except for an hour's exercise at the gym! LOL! We can't get away with anything can we? Maybe I'll try to be more like you and stay active all day.....eeesh.....
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Guess I'm still counting carbs and calories. Just need to stay with what it working.

Girondet You are so right. Our bodies don't let us get by with anything. I have to do what it likes or feel terrible. I am beginning to feel more human, but can't let my guard down one bit.

Got up this morning and my FBG was up. Then I remembered that DH wanted Buffalo Chicken Fingerz from Zaxby's yesterday. We half the order, but it had a little more carbs I'm sure than I usually eat. It was back down good later in the day so that was good. Everbody at church could tell that I've lost weight and said I looked good. I was pleased to tell them that I feel good as well. I don't ever want my blood sugar to go back up where it was in May. I feel blessed to have found how to lower it with low carb.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

How nice that people are noticing your weight loss, Pattygirl! That makes you feel good for sure!

We never really know what's in the chicken we order.....makes it hard....I have had barbeque things before with so little sauce that I thought there couldn't be much harm....yeah, right..... Foolish me, when I first started this way of eating I thought that I could have breaded and fried stuff because it was more fat but not that many carbs...not true at all, apparently....breading is very bad for me! I guess it's the flour they use. That white flour I used to use.

I have bought some baking mixes that I use sometimes that don't raise my bgs that much, but I don't use them too often, as I think they do have some wheat and some soy and those aren't good for me in general. I use a little almond flour, mostly.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dogman
Stats: Weight 196-166.4 ; Body Fat % 21.3 - 13.9
WOE: Dr Richard K Bernstein. Latest A1C 5.2
Start Date: April 2010
Glad I found this thread.
Dr. B's books did wonders for me.
girondet, I wouldn't mind losing about 5 more pounds but in addition to weighing myself every day I use a body fat meter at my gym about one a week . You might consider trying something like this. My goal was 17% body fat and that's where I'm at now. So, this is probably a good way to keep things in perspective as far as "those last ten pounds".
Also, I have an inexpensive body fat caliper I use at home. It's another "tool" you might want to think about. I also include the BMI Body Mass Index as a guideline but that has limitations too especially if a person is very muscular .
dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

FYI:
Reminder, Dr. Bernstein's "Ask Dr. Bernstein" Tele-seminar & webcast Wednesday September 29th, 2010 at 7PM CST, 8PM EST and 5PM West Coast Time
To attend, visit: Event: September 29 6:50 PM Central and register. or to listen by phone you can call in by dialing (323) 476-3672 (on Sep 29th) Enter

Last edited by dogman; 09-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Spell
Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Dogman!! It's really nice to have you here and thanks for the links. I'm going to try to tune in with Dr. B. I do know about Blood Sugar 101; as a matter of fact I have talked to her in the forums and gotten some good advice regarding my own blood sugar situation. It looks like I'm a slow, late onset type 1 instead of a prediabetic for type 2, as I thought originally. I would be a diagnosed type 2 if I weren't keeping my numbers low by low carbing. Anyway, I have great respect for Jenny's knowledge, that's for sure. I have one sister who is type 1, misdiagnosed at first and another who is type 2. I'm presuming you probably have blood sugar problems too, and that's how you came upon Bernstein in the first place?

As far as body fat % is concerned, I have a tanita scale and I have another body fat measuring device that also sends a signal but thru the arms and they both show me as having over 30% body fat. I have gotten other people to get on it, and they show much more reasonable body fat %, so that sounds accurate, doesn't it? Why is mine so high, and why didn't it go down a lot more when I lost so much weight? My waist-hip ratio is barely within the .8 that is touted as desirable.

I don't know. I'm trying to up my strengthening exercises. I do walk about 3 miles daily or jog for an hour on my mini-trampoline, and I ride the stationary bike a bit too. I have a little bit of a six pack on my abdomen, which I'm proud of, but can't seem to develop much anywhere else yet. When I get back from a week's vacation maybe I can work harder on arms and legs. I have worked on those at the gym, but not with a lot of weight...never more than 30 lbs. on those machines, mostly. Because I can't do it....but I didn't notice any difference even after months....

I fall in the high normal range on the weight charts for a medium build. I would be ok with that if I didn't see some fat still, and have a high %.

Tell us some about you!!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the invite...
Believe it or not I'm not a diabetic but was probably on my way there. My problem revolved around high Trigs and low HDL. One time a few year ago my trigs hit 700+ and my HDL never went above 40 and that's with taking fenofrirates.That little problem haunted me for years. I was in denial about my weigh too. Lost about 26 lbs , when I did the Dr. Bernstein lifestyle everything fell into place. The weight came off like crazy and my trigs and HDL at last check were 75/52 receptively. My doctor's eyes popped out her head when she saw me at my last visit about 6 weeks ago. Imagine her dismay when she saw my last numbers and officially said I didn't need meds. Back then my trigs were 385 and my fasting BG was 103 she was also going to put me on metformin! I remember several years ago her telling me "you'll be on medication for the rest of my life". That IMO is one of the worst things a doctor can say to a patient even tough it may be true.It could have all been so easy instead of taking those awful cholesterol meds for years by just following LC. And who knows what harm fenofribrates have done to my health. Do you detect a little hostility? You should . I tend to "paint" with a broad brush that being the case, I'm convinced that the vast majority(95%) of doctors a quacks.
Men always seem to lose weight, women tend not to, nothing new there but the advantage women have over men is they're smarter.
Sound like you've made some real progress, you're not so johnny-come-lately...
Whew, I'll get off my soap box and cool down now..
Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations, Dogman, on fixing your own health problems so awesomely!
How in the world did you come to think that a book on diabetes would help your lipid problems?

Mine were ok to begin with, but improved with low carbing. I am amused now at how afraid I was at first, eating eggs and beef and using cream and butter. I had totally bought into the idea that those foods full of saturated fat were dangerous. I was eating lots of fruits, veggies, grains, drinking milk for my health....hah!......I'm a cynic now about everything I read, as a result. I believe only in what I can prove to myself.

I wish I could get my husband off statins. He eats what i eat but can't seem to stop adding in the fruit and non low-carb treats, oh and worst of all white bread. And occasional sugared sodas. If he's going to do that, I don't think I should insist he give up the lipid meds. His Hba1c is the same as mine...5.2...but he has his without eating low carb, and his numbers go down pretty fine after meals. Not overweight either.

Anyway, not to chat forever, but you have probably extended your life by a lot, and with much better health by getting off those meds!! Congrats!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I read many books probably over a hundred and still do concerning health.
I use to eat fruit like it was going out of style plus "good" whole grains and you know the rest.
Did you say cynic? I'm the king in that department. I'm so cynic you could just make up a story of conspiracies and I'd believe it... And I certainly don’t believe that Big Brother cares about our health either…
I really don't want to live to be 100 just healthy and without being a cash cow to pharma.

Last edited by dogman; 09-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Amen to that Dogman

I like to say spiritual. I think He was hitting me over the head big time before He got my attention. Say cynical . . . I'm a retired Postal Clerk. They don't make 'em more cynical than we.

I got a new pain med and have been in a daze for a week +. I am now on a Fentanyl patch . . . and my Oxy. I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to do much of anything.

Then my granddaughter (15) got in a horrible quad accident with her BF at the wheel. Her older sister said, "Yeah, he found a tree!" Yikes! She's okay; a concussion and scrapes and bruises. He had internal bleeding and a very bad concussion. My son took three days off work and drove me to her (a 5 hr. one way trip.) I made a bed in the back of my SUV and slept all the way up and back. It's a miserable ride up the gorgeous gorge and then high desert the rest of the way.

I have my new numbers they could use some tweaking.
A1C 6.3 *
CHO 95
HDL 36
LDL 36
TriG 116
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hello, everyone ! I am just popping in to say hi after catching up on the reading. I lost my health insurance and was trying to make arrangements with my doc to self pay but the front office staff was so nasty to me (plus the doc who had been working with me for the past 2 years left indefinitely on medical leave) I think I am going to go to the Minute Clinic at CVS to get my refills and then do my labs at Quest. I dread having to pay out of pocket for strips but I haven't checked feeBay and I think maybe they can be found cheap over there. So this will be a huge adjustment financially as well but I will have to manage it.

Dewdrop - sorry about your granddaughter !

Dogman - what you have done for your health is amazing !

You all have convinced me to crack open Dr B's book. I will try to make it to the webcast.

I have been trying to lose weight any which way I can but I'm struggling so maybe it is time to try something different and go back to eating to my meter.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

From stinastina "I dread having to pay out of pocket for strips..."

I'm not diabetic so my insurance wouldn't pay for testing strips. BG monitors are so cheap they almost give them away. It kind of reminds me of when you buy a printer for your computer. The printer is dirt cheap; reality hits you only when you need ink.
Looks like the test strip people caught on to this deal too.
That being the case I found a BG monitor which uses rather inexpensive test strips. It's called Advocate. I bought the strips from Amazon from a company called Bargain OTC.
Before that I tried "Side-Kick" from Walmart. The price per strip was about 40 cents for that one; the Advocate product uses strips that are only about 26 cents each. And I very satisfied with it so far.

stinastina, thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by dogman; 09-29-2010 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: add
Old 09-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gosh Dewdrop, I think your numbers are great considering what all you're dealing with especially. I hope your granddaughter is well again soon, and the boyfriend too.

I get my strips same way you do Dogman, thru Amazon and often Bargain OTC is the cheapest one that comes up.

Stinastina, good to see you back. I tried some other things too, trying to get a nice whoosh of lbs. off fast, but didn't last. It was all low carb, but I felt very blue and tired and then I saw where people with hypothyroidism shouldn't go lower than 30 g carbs per day because it interferes with using synthetic thyroid properly. Hmmm. I thought it was all in my head! I feel better now that I'm back on Bernstein. It feels like home for me,lol! Plus it got me this far, so I think I can use it to get all the way to wherever I'm supposed to go. I sure feel for you on the whole insurance thing and dealing with Dr's offices....I have to pay for strips, but my bgs are pretty predictable for right now so I don't have to test all the time the way I was doing for quite a while. We have to be able to stay on top of it though, and have to have strips to make sure....wish they were a lot cheaper....

Listen to the broadcast for me too, guys....let me know if anything that's not already in the book comes up....my DIL and grandson are passing thru and stopping here tonight..unexpectedly sort of....anyway, I won't be able to listen live. I wonder if they can be listened to retroactively? Saved on the computer or something?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Phloe

I thought the web cast was very interesting last night. Of course I'd have to say that,now wouldn't I? Among other topics there was something called "Phloe" it's supposed to help in the "elimination department". :blush: Back when I was eating fruit like a bangee, I was, shall we say, regular. Now, it's not the same and all right if you must know, I miss that...
And by the way I take some psyllium but as Dr. B commented on, sometimes this type of fiber can actually make the problem worse.
Anyway, this phloe is supposed to keep "things" moving. Did I hear someone snickering?

Last edited by dogman; 09-30-2010 at 08:29 AM..
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
If I eat VLCD, then I take magnesium supplements to help with Bernice. When I eat high fat, I don't need anything. But the magnesium has calcium and zinc as well so all of that is supposed to be beneficial for diabetics.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Movin' 'n groovin' !!!

Okay, showing my age again. I've been awake for 4 hours! Amazing! I cleaned up out front a bit . . . good thing you can't see b4 'n after or you'd have to wonder what. My back is aching but it felt good to pull crabgrass and dandies. They are my arch enemies along with slugs and grubs. I think I have a new invention for spineless (that would be me) gardeners. I'm going to do a web search for a similar item(s). I even got to talk to my neighbor, Vern (90ish), he was wondering where I'd been.

Jo (GD) is on the mend. It's going to take longer for BF with the internal stuff but he will survive.

Now the topic at hand. I had the DS (gastric bypass) if ya'll remember. I am very amused by all the meds 'they' give me that will constipate me (couldn't think of anything more clever than that.) I also had my gall bladder removed. I love fried pork rinds and it gives the low-carbonest crunch and that or bacon makes for smooth sailing. I take Flagyl and probiotics to slow me down. Fiber just gives me a tummy-ache big time. I am amazed that even ultra low carbing doesn't slow me down either. Call me Ishmael . . .

I'm going to call off my volunteering again tomorrow and hopefully will be more wakeful by next week. Sigh! Not sure of the benes of fentanyl yet . . . it doesn't hurt while I'm asleep. I won't make my AARP meeting on Saturday and I know I won't be forgiven. The newsletter was hoot, now that I am 'awake' enuff to read it.

Well off to solve the problems in the cyber world . . .

dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinastina View Post
When I eat high fat, I don't need anything. But the magnesium has calcium and zinc as well so all of that is supposed to be beneficial for diabetics.

Last edited by dewdrop_mealine; 09-30-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: changed antibiotics to probiotics as that is what I meant.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Well, no problems for me along that line right now, but thanks for telling us about Phloe, Dogman. We never know when things could change, lol! I looked it up and it sounds like a good deal, healthier than other things. No carbs or very low carb, I guess. Sorry to have missed the webcast! Dr. B. keeps going strong!

I did not realize you take meds to slow you down a bit metabolically, Dew, but I guess it makes sense....how long ago did you have the surgery? I imagine you are glad you did....you're doing great....your energy level etc. even on the patch. Wonderful about your granddaughter. The young heal fast The BF will too, hopefully.

I'm the same, getting ready to go on vacation and hoping not to do too badly with my woe during that time. Last night I found myself being just a bit resentful that everyone around me was snacking after dinner. It raises my fbg next morning if I do that. I can have olives, tea, a bit of cream cheese...about it....well, no sense being a whiner, we're all in the same boat one way or another....limitations and temptations.... When it's just my dh and me I do better with the whole food thing. A few bites that are gone in a few seconds are not worth what they cost!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I'm very aware if I need something to eat after 6 pm too because it shows on my fbg .
Sometimes,a slice of American cheese in the micro for about 45 sec. You put it on a piece of freezer paper and nuke it. I got the idea a while back from Dr. B's book.
If I need a beverage around before bed time, I like sparkly water, two table spoons cream and DaVinci syrup, flavor of my choice.
Pretty darn good...

Last edited by dogman; 09-30-2010 at 09:31 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Hi guys. Just found this thread. Didn't realize we had a Dr Bernstein group going.

I've been lc for years for weight maintenance and trying to prevent diabetes as it is rampant in my family but last year even with lc I was dx with diabetes (still debating whether t2 or t1.5 - doesn't matter treatment is the same for now) so now I do <30 carbs a day. Pretty much Bernstein except most days I don't eat lunch so my carbs are spread over brkfast, dinner, and bedtime snack. I am a walker and do 4 miles most days. I work full time crazy shifts but fit my walks in where I can - often at dawn.

I, too, have to pay out of pocket for strips, meds, and Dr visits and am between Dr at this time as mine retired. I find I know more about D than most Drs and like to do my own thing. Looking forward to reading and learning here with you all.

Hey you've already inspired me to dig out my bottle of ACV and give it another go. I did try it a few months ago and didn't see a difference in BGL's but never took it at bedtime(thought it would give me indigestion overnight!) so I'll try that.

I usually don't post much but I'll chime in when I can and be reading daily. Nice to get to know all of you.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Shunsweets! It's great to have you here. Lots of good sharing...

Good idea, Dogman, on the cheese. I used to make those cheese puffs.... then I forgot about them....

Does anybody know anything about the body's ph and what it should be and how bad is it really if the body is always over on the acid side.....is a person who is on a ketogenic diet automatically going to have a low ph (acid)?

I hate the way I never know what to believe....I just keep telling myself Dr. B has done so well for himself...this is a great way to eat for someone with bg problems....but what does the ph thing mean? I don't remember seeing it addressed in his book.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

I've never seen body ph mentioned in his books either. I'll ask that question and hopefully he'll answer that in on one of his future web cast.
We could all drive ourselves batty with not knowing what to believe. For me, I can see what LC has done for me. Even with the obvious benefits some doctors will probably continue to warn us about the dangers of fat consumption to their dying day. The shell game is over.

I was reading this thread from the beginning and noticed that someone made themselves pizza with eggs? I'd like to know the recipe, please...

That banana bread sounds interesting too but I'm a little apprehensive as to how the banana would react on me. I think it's worth a try...

Last edited by dogman; 10-01-2010 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: add