Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
dogman--thanks for the tip on the book! I will check it out. I know that I have a journal for my food, but when I am bad I just ignore it. I have to stop that!!! It takes nothing these days to cause me to go "off plan" as I am easily swayed. Amy has kept a food journal, but with her pump we have been very lax in keeping up with it. We don't do it every single day anymore. We need to start that back up too.

I have to say that tomorrow Amy is turning 11!!! I can hardly believe she is another year older. She is having an art party for 3 friends where they will paint pottery and then we will take them out to dinner. Then home for a homemade birthday cake. She is very excited!! Her biggest thrill will be her present--a Kindle. She loves reading and cannot wait til she can open it.

Tomorrow is also just 2 weeks shy of her 1 year anniversary of being diagnosed a diabetic. I can hardly believe it has been a year. We are looking for a new medical ID bracelet for her as the one we bought last year has broken. She saw a medical ID watch, but we are having trouble fitting all the necessary info engraved on the back. Have to do some more checking into what we can get her, and soon!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dogman
Stats: Weight 196-166.4 ; Body Fat % 21.3 - 13.9
WOE: Dr Richard K Bernstein. Latest A1C 5.2
Start Date: April 2010
Chocolate Cake to Die For

Dawn, give a hug to Amy for me.Great to hear she's doing so good !

Chocolate Cake to Die For ! We tried and we're hooked...

""Low Carb Chocolate Cake (courtesy of Linda's Low Carb Site)
1 TBS Butter, microwave for 10 seconds to soften
1 Egg
1 TBS Da Vinci SF Vanilla syrup
2 TBS Splenda
1 TBS heavy cream
Pinch salt
2 TBS cocoa

Mix together all the ingredients until it is as smooth as possible. It should look similar to cake batter at this point. Microwave for 1 minute. For the special treat, add 1 TBS of whipped heavy cream (sweetened with Splenda).

Makes 1 serving

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 267 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

With Liquid Splenda:
249 Calories, 23.4g Fat, 6.7g Total Carbs (3.2g Fiber), 8.7g Protein

(IF = Induction Friendly)""

Really worth trying !!!
dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Happy Easter, everyone. I'm bumping up this thread so that it is easier for folks to find.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dewdrop_mealine
Stats: 358/176
WOE: Richard K. Bernstein, Type 2
Out in the cold!

I don't always get the notice that someone has posted.

Happy B-day to Amy . . . I am in March also.
I finally am old enough to not be on 'disability'
retirement and now it's real.

Hope ya'll are well! I didn't know if Amy got the
pain pump but it sounds like she's doing well. It
has to be so difficult for a child! Glad she is mature
enough to take her health seriously.

Only my youngest granddaughter does. Did I say I
have 2 amazing great g-kidz now. One of each, Dec
and Jan. I saw the Jan baby yesterday and took a
photo of us together finally. I had photos of her with
everyone else. LOL! The baby boy is in Las Vegas.
Maybe after he learns to deal blackjack he'll become
an Elvis impersonator. Sigh!

Hoppy Easter
dew dew

Buttercup @ 6 yrs
Books by: Richard K. Bernstein M.D.
Diabetes Solution
Diabetes Diet

Publishers: Little & Brown
Dr. Bernstein adventures
dewdrop_mealine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chiody
Stats: 245/153/165 6'0" Diabetic T2, No Meds 22 yrs.
WOE: LC/Paleo/IF (Maintenance) HbA1C 4.5 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
Happy Easter, everyone. I'm bumping up this thread so that it is easier for folks to find.
Was looking for this thread as of late. Couldn't find it, must be losing it???

chiody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Chiody, I had to do quite a bit of searching. Couldn't find it with "Bernstein", but finally did using "adjustments" in the "Other Plans" section, using the Advanced Search function.

I'll post a link this thread in the Main Forum to see if there are others who might have been looking for it.

Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Chiody, I had to do quite a bit of searching. Couldn't find it with "Bernstein", but finally did using "adjustments" in the "Other Plans" section, using the Advanced Search function.

I'll post a link this thread in the Main Forum to see if there are others who might have been looking for it.

Thanks for the info "sourcing" this significant thread!!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #698
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jb222111
WOE: Dr. Bernstein's
Start Date: 4/1/12
Chiody, thanks for directing me here, just what I was looking for!

I'm Jan, from Arkansas. I'm a Mom of 2 boys, an oncology nurse and a Type 2 diabetic. I've used Dr. Bernstein's plan before and it worked well, but as in all things diet, when you do it, it works. With his plan, I've found that if you kind of do it, it DOESN'T work. I just got tired of the madness, which is what I've been doing. So, on April 1, I jumped right back on Dr. Bernstein. I had played around with low carb but the reality is that it was very hard for me to commit, I couldn't get past eating all that fat - even though I knew in my head it is the way to make it work, I'd recently tried WW and that is certainly not full of fat! LOL!

Anyway, I've been on track the last week, lots of exercise and have dropped 11 pounds. My blood sugars are great, as a matter of fact, my fasting for the last two mornings was in the 60's, so I've backed off my basal some. My goal is to get off insulin. My son is a Type 1 diabetic, he's gonna be 19 soon and was diagnosed 3 years ago. He's in college right now and is just not in a place to tackle one other thing right now. But there's only 4-5 more weeks of school, which coincides with our moving from an apartment to a house where it will be easier to cook, grill, etc. I'm hoping he'll join me soon, but I also know it has to be his choice.

I've just taken a roast out of the oven, made some egg and olive salad to eat with pork rinds, made bacon and boiled eggs...ready for the week!

I'm glad to find yall!!!
jb222111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb222111 View Post
Chiody, thanks for directing me here, just what I was looking for!

I'm Jan, from Arkansas. I'm a Mom of 2 boys, an oncology nurse and a Type 2 diabetic. I've used Dr. Bernstein's plan before and it worked well, but as in all things diet, when you do it, it works. With his plan, I've found that if you kind of do it, it DOESN'T work. I just got tired of the madness, which is what I've been doing. So, on April 1, I jumped right back on Dr. Bernstein. I had played around with low carb but the reality is that it was very hard for me to commit, I couldn't get past eating all that fat - even though I knew in my head it is the way to make it work, I'd recently tried WW and that is certainly not full of fat! LOL!

Anyway, I've been on track the last week, lots of exercise and have dropped 11 pounds. My blood sugars are great, as a matter of fact, my fasting for the last two mornings was in the 60's, so I've backed off my basal some. My goal is to get off insulin. My son is a Type 1 diabetic, he's gonna be 19 soon and was diagnosed 3 years ago. He's in college right now and is just not in a place to tackle one other thing right now. But there's only 4-5 more weeks of school, which coincides with our moving from an apartment to a house where it will be easier to cook, grill, etc. I'm hoping he'll join me soon, but I also know it has to be his choice.

I've just taken a roast out of the oven, made some egg and olive salad to eat with pork rinds, made bacon and boiled eggs...ready for the week!

I'm glad to find yall!!!
Glad you're back "on board"!!! With LCarbing, fat is crucial to having success as it "satiates" appetite significantly leading towards compliance. WW is a plan for non metabolic challenged individual as it is a "calorie" restrictive plan and along with that, hunger is a ongoing issue. Diabetes is a "silent" disease and should be treated as such to avoid complications.

LCarbing is a major step to follow in earnest. Your recent levels are terrific and perhaps tailoring the insulin dosage may be required if hypoglycemia is experienced. Do communicate results with your diabetic team of course. The wt. loss will continue....keep up the great work!!

Wishing the 2 of you the best in the new home, and many happy "grilling" days as the season is starting up now.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #700
Senior LCF Member

The Bernstein Solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
chiody[/B];15566499]Glad you're back "on board"!!! With LCarbing, fat is crucial to having success as it "satiates" appetite significantly leading towards compliance. WW is a plan for non metabolic challenged individual as it is a "calorie" restrictive plan and along with that, hunger is a ongoing issue. Diabetes is a "silent" disease and should be treated as such to avoid complications.

LCarbing is a major step to follow in earnest. Your recent levels are terrific and perhaps tailoring the insulin dosage may be required if hypoglycemia is experienced. Do communicate results with your diabetic team of course. The wt. loss will continue....keep up the great work!!

Wishing the 2 of you the best in the new home, and many happy "grilling" days as the season is starting up now.
@ chiody and jb222111 I found the Bernstein books years ago. I have been insulin dependent twice. I am now 62 yrs old and am diet controlled. I am a Type 2 and was diagnosed in my late 40s. I gained a massive amount of weight when I was injured. Went on insulin! (500+ BG). I had weight loss surgery, didn't use my new 'tool' and regained quite a bit of the weight . . . right back on insulin. I am now approaching a normal weight. I don't take insulin or any medication and can consume a small amount of carbs and maintain my 5.0 or less. Diabetes is never cured. I know better. I thank Dr. Bernstein for saving my life . . . my toes and beyond.

This list has also been a tremendous help both in information and support.

Bernsteinian forever!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #701

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Thanks, didn't realize it was around.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #702
Junior LCF Member

Chiody, you are exactly right. On WW at first it was kind of nice, eating fruit, oatmeal...but blood sugars were awful and I was hungry all the time. ALL the TIME! One really nice part of being back on LC is NOT being hungry. It's nice to have to remind myself to grab my lunch. I could easily go all day without eating.

Nice A1c by the way!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

link to this thread

Hi Ya'll,

I have the link to this thread in my signature line. I started it way back when I first discovered Dr. B. Like I always say . . . he saved my life. Insulin shots suck but poking my finger is the worst, I don't do that often anymore. I guess I should make it more clear that it's an internal link in my signature.

~dew
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Greetings

Hi Jan you sure got off to a good start. Wow! 11#s LCing is amazing. And so yummy.

I know that after all these years of LCing 'they' (other people) still worry that I won't have a heaping helping of their mashed potatoes and wonder how I can live w/o bread and noodles.

Bread was a tough one for me, noodles -yuck! I never liked them. Fruit was also very difficult - if I cheat it's with fruit.

Hi CityKitty, cute screen name and avatar! Do you follow Bernstein? Are you diabetic? Dogman isn't but he follows Bernstein and is very pleased with his results. He also comes up with dreamy recipes.

I bought Dr. B's first book and then the update. I also bought his recipe book. If more diabetic's would discover the plan, they would live healthier much longer.

~dew
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #705

dew---what great news to the babies. How exciting to see them!!! Amy is doing well. She was having some trouble a couple of weeks ago with her blood sugar going so high and not coming down--that has happened a few times and we always get worried. We were not sure if it was the pollen because that causes inflammation and I saw it as the body was trying to fight the pollen. DH was worried and we called the endo. She said it could be Amy is ending her honeymoon period and just needs more insulin. Remember that her pancreas has shut down, but we are not sure by how much. So she will never get off of insulin. Anyhoo, an adjustment to her pump and she is doing OK. Last week was spring break and we again saw higher numbers. Not liking this roller coaster she is on. I have to get a better handle on her diet. We are getting lax, or at least I am. I am working longer hours, and every day and I am just exhausted by dinner time. Fixing fast food is much easier for me, but harder on her. I have to do something. Not sure what just yet. But I will get it worked out!!! I know what to do, just have to do it.

Sorry for just rambling on. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We did and are now back in the routine of school and work. Have a great week!! Oh, and so happy to see new faces/posters here!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb222111 View Post
Chiody, you are exactly right. On WW at first it was kind of nice, eating fruit, oatmeal...but blood sugars were awful and I was hungry all the time. ALL the TIME! One really nice part of being back on LC is NOT being hungry. It's nice to have to remind myself to grab my lunch. I could easily go all day without eating.

Nice A1c by the way!
Good for you We have realized that oatmeal is horrible for my DD's blood sugar. Good thing it is not a favorite food of hers! She loves my low carb casseroles. I just made this one: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...g-pie-try.html and this one: WHITE CASTLE HAMBURGER PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes this past week. She will even eat the leftovers for breakfast the next day and for snacks after school (if there are any which in our family of 6 there are hardly any

She was diagnosed a year ago at the age of 10 with type 1. She hates her life--every day she says it sucks to be her. But I am just thankful that diabetes is a manageable disease and one of the "better" ones to have. With a bit of knowledge you can live a healthy life now with diabetes!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
dawnyama[/B];15570650]
(Amy) She was diagnosed a year ago at the age of 10 with type 1. She hates her life--every day she says it sucks to be her. But I am just thankful that diabetes is a manageable disease and one of the "better" ones to have. With a bit of knowledge you can live a healthy life now with diabetes!!
Well Dawn she is lucky to have parents willing to get the correct information and help her understand her disease. LC is the only diet suitable for a diabetic, 1 or 2 and I just get sick when I see the ads for free products like a free diabetes dessert book. They don't contain LC desserts - just a bit lower in sugar than regular. The general diabetic cookbooks are full of grain recipes . . . it's no wonder some of us diabetics loss limbs!

Stress (even good stress - thinking Spring Break) can cause fluctuations in BGs. How often do they check her A1c? It would be nice if we could do our own. It does give a better overall picture than the little snapshot of a prick. Oh I hate to prick my fingers!

I know how it can suck to be me . . . and I'm 62!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #708
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
She was diagnosed a year ago at the age of 10 with type 1. She hates her life--every day she says it sucks to be her. But I am just thankful that diabetes is a manageable disease and one of the "better" ones to have. With a bit of knowledge you can live a healthy life now with diabetes!!

Dawn,
My son Alex (who has given me permission to discuss him here) is now about to be 19. He was diagnosed almost three years ago as Type !. He actually diagnosed himself, which is a little embarrassing since I'm not only a Type 2, but an RN as well! I am also glad that there is good information on how to manage Type 1. Things are sometimes difficult for him, and I hate that, but as he says, it's what he's been dealt. It's something that requires thought every single day, all day long. Relentless.

I hope things go well for your daughter. And my son.

Jan
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop_mealine View Post
Hi Jan you sure got off to a good start. Wow! 11#s LCing is amazing. And so yummy.

I know that after all these years of LCing 'they' (other people) still worry that I won't have a heaping helping of their mashed potatoes and wonder how I can live w/o bread and noodles.

Bread was a tough one for me, noodles -yuck! I never liked them. Fruit was also very difficult - if I cheat it's with fruit.

Hi CityKitty, cute screen name and avatar! Do you follow Bernstein? Are you diabetic? Dogman isn't but he follows Bernstein and is very pleased with his results. He also comes up with dreamy recipes.

I bought Dr. B's first book and then the update. I also bought his recipe book. If more diabetic's would discover the plan, they would live healthier much longer.

~dew
I'm not, but my son is. He was diagnosed 2 years go, and has recently been put on insuline. Trying to find ways to help him out. Have heard great things about Bernstein.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Children with Diabetes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
I'm not, but my son is. He was diagnosed 2 years go, and has recently been put on insuline. Trying to find ways to help him out. Have heard great things about Bernstein.
Parents with kids need to start a thread about children with diabetes. It could really help all of you and who knows how many parents (and teens) that are on here looking for answers. And think of a name for the group like Children and Insulin or something.

When I read that Dr. Bernstein had been a diabetic (Type 1) since childhood and had found his answers by educating himself and he invented the glucometer and the solution that will save so many lives; I was very impressed. I tried his method and by golly he does indeed have the answer. It's also fascinating to read about the systemic cause of diabetes presented in a way a layperson can understand.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #711

I think that is probably needed, but my child is 26. I read up on things for him because he isn't a big reader. He would rather have me do it, then "translate" the info for him.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Merski
Stats: 164/152/135
WOE: Dr. Bernstein
Start Date: 07/2009
Hi All, I've been on the diabetes site for a bit and Dew pointed out this site. I was introduced to Bernstein a few years ago. I was talking to a woman whose husband, also an engineer (as Dr. B in his early career), was dx many years ago. He follows Dr. B to the letter and has managed his diabetes with diet and exercise.

I read the book and the first three months lost 11 lbs and started and exercise routine. that was almost three years ago. to date I've managed to keep the weight off but the eating program is not quite as good as I'd like it to be and any excuse not to go to exercise class prevails!

I used to not test after I ate something high in carbs knowing I would cringe seeing a high number but now I force myself to.. to see that high number. On a good day it really makes me control the next meal... on an off day I say oh the number is high...let's eat more carbs.... oh the complexity of the human mind!
Merski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
We are all prone to slip up at times Merski so don't be too hard on yourself but remember how important it is to keep bgs below 140 to prevent vascular damage that effects so many organs.

I've been following Dr B's diet quite faithfully for almost 3 years and have pretty good diabetes control with diet, daily exercise, and 2000mg of Metformin ER. My fastings are almost always below 100 and post prandials under 140 - so long as I stick to the diet. I mostly live on eggs, meats, salad veggies, and fats. Some days it's hard and boring (like on holidays, birthdays, when traveling) but mostly I am just glad to be healthy + fit, and doing what I can to stay that way.

Glad to see some new posters. Hi Dawn - glad to hear Amy is doing OK. She is so lucky to have you making yummy casseroles for her. I hear you on the leftovers - there are never any at my house either.

Hi Kittycitygirl - I have a 30 yr old son that I still have to read and translate for LOL. He is an engineer and super smart but reading and researching for health are just not his thing. I think Bernstein is a healthy way for everyone to eat - not just diabetics but certainly essential for anyone with glucose metabolism issues.

JB222111- sounds like your son has a great attitude. Do you still cook for him? It's easier to do very low carb with another family member I think. It will keep his insulin needs lower and that is so much better for his body as you know as you are an RN too so I'll stop preaching now lol.

Hi Dew- so glad to see you back posting and feeling better.
Where's Dogman?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #714
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post

JB222111- sounds like your son has a great attitude. Do you still cook for him? It's easier to do very low carb with another family member I think. It will keep his insulin needs lower and that is so much better for his body as you know as you are an RN too so I'll stop preaching now lol.

I'll take just a second to brag on my son Alex. He's gonna be 19 one week from today, he's very responsible and a great guy. He does most of his own stuff, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. I work crazy hours (today worked from 7 AM to 8:30 PM). He's quite capable to doing his own thing. Right now eating at home is not the issue but he's in college and then volunteers for Habitat for Humanity and his day is packed. We move in 4 weeks to a house where I think eating/cooking issues will be simpler than they are now.

LOL Being an RN is helpful but mostly I'm his mom! ;-)) I frequently offer my opinion and I hear "I've got this Mom". He's funny!

Glad to be here and appreciate all the support!

Last edited by jb222111; 04-12-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

jb222111 - Sounds like you have a great kid. I'm a nurse too so I know precisely the hours you speak of. Wonderful that your son is so responsible to take care himself and follow Bernstein - he will be healthy and fine.

My kids took a little longer to mature and never had the challenge of diabetes so young so I'm very impressed with your son.

Doing a meat and egg day today to get things a little steadier. Ate a little carbsmart ice cream last night and my stomach didn't like it (neither did my bgs - oops).
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #716
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
jb222111 - Sounds like you have a great kid. I'm a nurse too so I know precisely the hours you speak of. Wonderful that your son is so responsible to take care himself and follow Bernstein - he will be healthy and fine.

My kids took a little longer to mature and never had the challenge of diabetes so young so I'm very impressed with your son.

Doing a meat and egg day today to get things a little steadier. Ate a little carbsmart ice cream last night and my stomach didn't like it (neither did my bgs - oops).
Shunsweets,

Alex is having a hard time right now managing school, volunteering and eating well. He's kind of hanging on by fingernails until we move. Overall he's doing okay but not as well as he'd like...

My friends say Alex is an old soul in a young kid.
Nice to find out you're a nurse... Can commiserate about the hours!

Jan
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #717
Junior LCF Member

Having a good day, best part is I was able to decrease basal rate again. My average insulin usage has gone from 60-80 units/day before I started on 4/1 (that was on WW), to 40's, then to 30's. Right now I'm sitting on 24.4 units for today, only a few hours left to go!!! Pretty excited. On Sunday I went walking and I always take the pump off, I'll get low. Got home, ate, watched TV...5 hours later I remembered: I NEVER PUT IT BACK ON!!! Figured my blood sugar would be up between 150-200 but nope! 104! So even though the scales are moving slowly, the other benefits I'm getting are more than worth it!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

Great progress jb222111! don't you just love Dr Bernstein!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
My apologies in advance. I just found this thread and it's sooo long that I only went back to April 10th to start reading.

I've been doing Bernstein (sort of) for awhile. In October 2011, I stopped playing around because I noticed signs that I might be seeing the beginnings of diabetic neuropathy...which scared the bejeebers out of me. Now I do Bernstein *intentionally* and consistently and over the last 7 months my A1c has dropped to 5, I've lost another 50 pounds, I no longer have to take any type of insulin or diabetic drug and I feel healthier than I have in decades.

I no longer justify why it's ok to have 'just a bite' even rarely. I live by the principle that 'it is what it is'. An alcoholic doesn't justify why it's ok to take 'just a sip'...and I'm operating on the same principle when it comes to carbs.

I can't say it's easy when you're surrounded by a foodcentric society, but 'it is what it is'.

Now let's hope I remember this thread and come back to it.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your progress Aomiel. Your alcohol analogy works for me too. I remind myself all the time that even a little slip up may lead to problems. Not always perfect but really trying. I still need metformin even with strict Bernstein to keep bgs where they need to be and can't get anywhere near your 5 A1C good for you!