Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dewdrop_mealine
Stats: 358/176
WOE: Richard K. Bernstein, Type 2
Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
Thanks for the link Dewdrop I'm off to check out the site.
shunsweets (such a clever handle!) where do you do your walking? So great to make your goal with days to spare. Yay

I know the local mall opens early and I have a friend who walks there. I want to start but my legs aren't quite healed enough for the stress of it. Soon! I liked the indoor track at the City Recreation Site nearby but the Membership dues were hard to justify and people brought their little kids to walk at 5:30AM. I dew like to get up early.

My friend Mike (amazing) said this today; "It only takes a few words to tell a lie but it takes a lot of information to tell the truth." It really touched me deeply . . . so true. I was a statistician for my career and I know the basic premise is, "What do you want to prove? I'll get you the stats to do that." He with the sharpest pencil wins.

Buttercup @ 6 yrs
Books by: Richard K. Bernstein M.D.
Diabetes Solution
Diabetes Diet

Publishers: Little & Brown
Dr. Bernstein adventures
dewdrop_mealine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Brownies now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman View Post
Dewdrop, It's a slippery slop from now on, you'll be eating the stuff from breakfast and ...and ... Just smells sooo good. I like a strawberry cut into 4 pieces and some whipped cream. Whoa

Diet? What diet !

I'm now at 15% body fat. Thanks to Dr. B

I'll be rolling out my "Dogman Brownies" recipe in the very near future. I really like it ...(oink )
Oops again dogman . . . I malabsorb fat (which most people are in awe of.) Well after finishing off my 'batch' as my afternoon snack (yes I overdew most things) I got very ill, lay down for awhile and then . . . yeah . . . that! I'm going to make it again for the potluck I'm going to on Saturday and not tell anyone that it's more than just pudding. That way, they will eat most of it.

I have no control whatsoever sometimes.

I await the Dogman Brownies though . . .
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

My 61st 27th B-day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainlyJane View Post
So glad to see you back dewdrop....been missing you. I agree that the mock bread pudding smells divine. I think it tasted great also. How was your birthday??? I'll go check out that doc you're talking about.
Jane
Hey Jane . . . VBFF (and handsome too) showed up with flowers and wine and whisked me away to the Pacific shore . . . one of my first loves (the beach, that is.) I graduated from Tillamook High in Tillamook Oregon, which means "the land of many waters." You must try the cheese and definitely come out and visit the Cheese Factory for fantastic (oops) ice cream. But we were in Newport Oregon where we both have relatives. Despite being cold and windy, we beach-combed and laughed with the clans until we were ready to burst. They were very worried about my eating habits. My VBFF doesn't pay any attention to his BGs . . . well he takes them and takes meds. My BIL and his DB and SIL are also diabetic.

A very wise young woman explained to 'us' (my Fed Retirees group) last month, that even though we know that a person needs help they have the adult right to make bad decisions. It's frustrating to see those in pain that can't see the magic that has happened for me right under their nose.

Oregonians are called Web Toes and Washingtonians Moss Backs. I reckon I am both and loving it. Oregon born, Washington resident.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Hey Dew I am blessed to live right on the Delaware river and there is a lovely park down my street about 3/4 of a mile that has measured walking paths. So I get to walk with the geese, seagulls, and ducks swooping around me, the waves either gently splashing or violently spraying depending on the weather and the tide, and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets both from my deck at home and in the park. Sure makes exercise more fun. I hate exercising indoors so I bundle up in the winter, wear a hat in the rain, and sweat in the summer. The only thing that keeps me in is lightning. I walk every morning before work and most evenings after work. I take one day a weekend off and just laze around with an extra cup of coffee. OOps probably more than you wanted to know. Can you tell my walks are what keep me sane?

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you have wonderful friends.

Still working on decreasing my metformin. So far so good at 1000mg instead of 1500. Really watching diet and levels are about the same. Maybe I don't need that met afterall if I can control my eating carefully.

Dogman I'm longing for a brownie!

Jane How's it going?

Girondet What are you cooking?

Come on guys it's Spring - lets get healthy!!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Here's an interesting recipe site I got from another post. She uses mostly almond flour. Elana's Pantry

I'm not sure what's with my gut. I'm having tummy aches a lot and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat. I thought that the breadless bread pudding was just too rich for me (no gallbladder and I malabsorb) but it just seems to be everything.

How are things going in your world my darlinks!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dogman
Stats: Weight 196-166.4 ; Body Fat % 21.3 - 13.9
WOE: Dr Richard K Bernstein. Latest A1C 5.2
Start Date: April 2010
Dewdrop, that's "The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam" I think you're referring to, I really liked it too. If I remember correctly I believe the author uses agave to sweeten things up. I use stevia in place of it of course.
Since I've been LCing I've naturally gravitated away from wheat which is probably a good thing. I've been reading a lot about gluten intolerance. Could your stomach aches have something associated with that?
Glad to here you're another year older and hope you're good for another hundred. Personally, I'm too "superstitious" to celebrated my birthday.
Sorry to inform you that the last of the best dogmen is already taken so you'll have to settle for second best, Best Wishes. If you find one good friend in your life you've done well...

Last edited by dogman; 03-31-2011 at 05:25 AM..
dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Dogman’s Brownies

Dogman’s Brownies

If this recipe resembles some other one it’s purely by coincidence. I’ve made it over half a dozen times and it’s impossible to botch up. In fact it seems that the measurements are not all too critical. I’ve used Almond flour and because it’s a little on the expensive side I only use about 1 cup. Also I’ve notice that the almond flour tends to raise my BG but not drastically but never- the- less I prefer it to stay in the 80’s. Previously I was using light cream or heavy cream and that also seem to heighten my numbers so now I use unsweetened coconut milk. 1 cup only has 1 measly gram of carbs.
OK here goes…

3 eggs
1 Cup Almond flour (not almond meal)
2 packets of diet 25 calorie Swiss Miss Coco (cause it’s only 4 carbs)
1 or 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder unsweetened (to taste)
start off with one and adjust if needed
½ + - tsp Stevia (to taste)
About ½ cup of unsweetened Coconut Milk
½ tsp baking powder (don’t know why)
1 or 2 Tbsp Vanilla (to taste)
start off with one and adjust if need
6 oz cream cheese

Bake at 350 for 30 +- minutes and or knife comes out clean

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the eggs and blend into the dry ingredients. Add enough coconut milk to make the batter the right consistency.
I use and 8 by 8 inch Pyrex glass for the baking. Spray with Pam.
Pour the mixture in. Wait! Did you taste the mixture first? If not, make sure you take a little sample taste. If it needs something do it then. OK now pour the mixture in, whew!
In a separate bowl preferably one with a pouring spout. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Caution: Don’t over do it or you could have molten lava before you know it. If you like, you could add some vanilla to that and more than likely you’ll need to add some coconut milk to it in order to get the right consistency. Now, if the brownie batter is the right consistency you can “draw a trough" in the batter and at the same time pour the liquefied cream cheese in the trough. I make four lines. Then with a little spoon I make a perpendicular past through the cream cheese lines. You end up with a pretty neat looking design. Now what do you do with the brownie mixing bowl? Don’t even think of rinsing it out to wash it! Add some almond milk scrape the sides and you have a little brownie drink!
I get about 16 squares. I’m not sure what the carb content is for a cup of Almond flour but I’d be willing to bet its probably 5 carbs for each square of brownie maybe less.
Enjoy and let me know.
The weekend is almost here!

Diet ? What diet !

Last edited by dogman; 03-31-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PlainlyJane
Stats: 219/201/140
Start Date: 3/8/11
Hi guys! I've been reading all of your posts but my computer is locking me out of responding. I have to post quickly while it allows me to. Ok....Tom is off the Onglyza and his BS's have not been over 125. I know that's higher than we like, but slow and sure, slow and sure. We have both been doing well on LC, although he is losing faster than I. sigh. I have to go grocery shopping because I'm out of vanilla Dogman and he wants more brownies. LOL If my computer allows I will post more later. Till then!
Jane
PlainlyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Try the new recipe if you get a chance. This one is more dense than the one made with eggs whites.

I saw a recipe on one of the Dr Bs web sites for a "chocolate cookie"
They use 1 cup coconut oil, 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa, 12 chopped almonds,sweetner of choice.
I'm thinking of adapting it and using Swiss Miss diet cocoa .

I'm going in the laboratory, cover me...

PJ BTW I read about Onglyza on Blood Sugar 101.com . Might be worth a check.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Yes, I agree that your new recipe looks much better, however I do not have any almond flour. Can I make my own using almonds??? I could not find coconut milk either.....did I mention I live in the middle of nowhere? I'm sure I'll find it in Lafayette the next trip I make.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

PJ, The almond flour is something I order on line. It's from Honeyville Farms. It's about $29.99 plus another 4 .49 bucks for shipping. I tried to make almond flour in the past, it's OK but nothing to write home about. Coconut milk in case you're wondering is not in the dairy section. I find mine kinda of in the beverage section none refrigerated aisle.

While you're at it get some coconut oil and make some "coconut nut candies" .
My wife thinks they're too grease but I thing they're pretty good. Love that fat !

Nice dawg dewdrop! Wow, Toby is 16 years old? I had to say goodbye to my Edison last November. He almost made it to eleven years, I miss him every day.

Last edited by dogman; 04-02-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

dewdrop, sounds like you have a good loyal friend with Toby. Enjoy him while you have him... So sad to hear that some low life harmed him. Wish I could rule the world for a while. And all whaling ships would be sunk, preempt. My first decree...

I made the BBP the other day and instead of light cream I used almond milk. It's a little looser but I really like it. It's extremely low in carbs to boot. Geez I could probably eat five pieces and only get a few carbs. My body fat percent keeps decreasing in the mean time. I monitor it with a body fat monitor I recently bought.

I'm really out doing myself also with my lunches at work. People can't believe I can eat like a dog and can be trim. Not bad Dr. B ...

Last edited by dogman; 04-02-2011 at 06:48 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Dewdrop, since you visit this site more frequently ,I'll ask this question to you. Do you sometimes experience a higher reading of your BG if you stick your finger and then apply a little more pressure in order to get the droplet of blood from you finger? I probably should know this stuff by now. I've noticed that especially in the morning when I may be more likely to be "dehydrated" I tend to apply a little more pressure to my finger to get the blood sample from my finger. Since I became aware that this maybe happening I'm now more aware to drink adequate water when I wake up, that way it seems to be easier to get the blood sample. It also appears that when I get a blood sample without hardly squeezing for the blood my BG tends to be lower by 10 to 15. So in essence by BG might read 102 when it's actually 87. Not sure if I'm all wet with my theory but I'd like to know what you or others thoughts are about this.
And yes, I wash my hands and make sure they're clean and dry.

Last edited by dogman; 04-04-2011 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman View Post
Dewdrop, since you visit this site more frequently ,I'll ask this question to you. Do you sometimes experience a higher reading of your BG if you stick your finger and then apply a little more pressure in order to get the droplet of blood from you finger? I probably should know this stuff by now. I've noticed that especially in the morning when I may be more likely to be "dehydrated" I tend to apply a little more pressure to my finger to get the blood sample from my finger. Since I became aware that this maybe happening I'm now more aware to drink adequate water when I wake up, that way it seems to be easier to get the blood sample. It also appears that when I get a blood sample without hardly squeezing for the blood my BG tends to be lower by 10 to 15. So in essence by BG might read 102 when it's actually 87. Not sure if I'm all wet with my theory but I'd like to know what you or others thoughts are about this.
And yes, I wash my hands and make sure they're clean and dry.
You can call me dew or you can call me phew. It will help you not get carpel tunnel in the years ahead. LOL! Postal Employees almost always have that . . . I don't know how I escaped but I mostly pushed pencils all those years.

I once took my sugar after cracking crab and feasting. Whoa! It was sky high! Oops . . . my DIL pointed out to me that she didn't think I had washed my hands.

I am flattered that you think I might know such a technical point . . . truth be known . . . I have to pump the blood out when I am on a LC. If I'm on a sugar binge it flows like a river. I have a bruise on my left pinkie from a few days ago from squeezing it for blood. If my BG is under 120 I am happy. I don't get very technical about anything. I have so few bits left to use. I have filled my RAM with such BS that I don't have much useful info to work with. My motherboard is on overload. Now ask me something about Photoshop and I'd more than likely know or would love to go figure it out. (Oops, right brain access only.)

I'm going out of town on Wednesday for a few days unless I am getting the kidz bug. I don't know if I'll have Internet while there. My friend is fighting with his IP. Oh money!

Sorry not to be able to help . . . maybe a good post for the diabetes thread.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Dogman drinking water helps to dilute your blood which makes your bg level lower. One reason why diabetics often drink a glass of water as one the immediate treatments for elevated bg. Dehydration, even mild, can be serious for a diabetic not to mention making it harder to obtain a blood sample! HTH.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys (girls) for the input. I use low budget monitors for checking my BG, so more than likely my numbers often seem to be "off". One will read 87 while the other will read 105. For instance, this mornings reading was 96 on one but 87 on the other. But again I had to squeeze a little more than I wanted to get the droplet. I drank a good size of water about 20 minutes earlier. Maybe that's not enough time to rehydrate.
Only, until relatively recently did I figure out that 1/2 + 1/2 cream (but not exclusively)was not helping me. Now, for some of the recipes that call for cream I try using coconut milk or almond milk if it's compatible. Those two liquids are next to nothing in carbs.
Since I'll be going to another doc in May, I'll request that he "allow" he to have a real monitor. Presently I use the cheapy "Side Kick" and the "Advocate" the test strips for the latter are pretty inexpensive. But then again I guess if they're not accurate they're pretty much a waste. On the positive side though ,they'd alert me if by BG went outrageously high.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all. Tom woke up with high BS's this morning, 195! They have been high the last three days. I think he may have an infection because he has not been eating anything different that would cause it. Well.....one day he ordered a taco salad on the road and I think the chili was the culprit. Other than that though he has been good. Also he is changing jobs, uh leasing his truck to a different company, and the stress may be getting to him. He expected to be running since last week, and the paperwork has still not been processed. That means no check for at least two weeks. Would that make his BS's rise? I have a feeling......yes.
My computer is still possessed. It lets me type on a whim. I found the onboard keyboard and thought I had outwitted it.....it did the same thing with the onscreen keyboard. AHHHHHH!
Dogman, we were excited to find out that our UMC will sell us 100 strips for $25. They gave us the meter....which we gladly added to our collection. I think we own at least five now. Every time I would buy the wrong strips I would call and get a free meter to go with them. Ha. WalMart would never let me return the strips even though the boxes seal was not broken. I no longer deal with them.... Tom's dad is on Medicare and for a while had excess strips and gave us a couple of bottles. Since then he has gone on Insulin and tests much more often, so the deal with UMC is a blessing.
I wish I could report that I have lost more weight, but alas mine seems to be hanging on for dear life. I comfort myself with the fact that if a famine hits the US, or they stop selling food without gold on hand, I shall survive for a long long time. LOL
Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #378
Junior LCF Member

Fasting bs high again this morning!!! What gives? Even he thinks it's the stress of the job situation now. I hope so....that means it will all return to normal soon. Ok guys.....if the package says no carbs....but the ingredients list sugar.....are they lying??? I'm thinking the bacon....it says no carbs, hickory smoked....but in very tiny letters I see sugar as part of the curing process. Should I shun?

Last edited by PlainlyJane; 04-06-2011 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: missing words
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Bacon or not?

Quote:
Fasting bs high again this morning!!! What gives? Even he thinks it's the stress of the job situation now. I hope so....that means it will all return to normal soon. Ok guys.....if the package says no carbs....but the ingredients list sugar.....are they lying??? I'm thinking the bacon....it says no carbs, hickory smoked....but in very tiny letters I see sugar as part of the curing process. Should I shun?
It's worth a try. Both of you eat a couple slices and wait 20 minutes. Test B4 and after . . . see if it just effects his sugar or both. You might try prosciutto and Italian type of smoked meat similar. I'm not sure if it's cured . . . I don't think so. He's a truck driver? That's just stress at a 'normal' pace.

BOL to ya'll.

Heading out the door soon for Seattle.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

PlainlyJane, I don't think you can attribute every day stress to heighten BG unless it's a type of stress that is brought on quickly like a near miss auto collision, violent argument, public speaking or bungee jumping... Dr.B's book mentions some similar occurrence like that in his book.
Are you faithfully logging foods eaten? It takes time to learn what foods cause heightened BG. One of your past posts mentioned that Tom had eaten chili. For me that would raise by BG because of the beans and the tomato sauce stuff. Also I've noticed, if I tend to eat a little off plan during the day then my FBG will be higher the next morning. I'm still learning since I started LC almost a year ago.

When you consider a lifetime of overdosing on carbs you need to realize the consequences of that action. In my case, I hope I haven't gone beyond the point of no return. Dr.B's book doesn't mix words he say's cut the carbs ASAP.

Dew be safe in Seattle watch out for dem English . I was there a were years ago. Nice City...
The journey continues...

Last edited by dogman; 04-08-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #381
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Dogman.....I do think it was the chili, I was working and it did not occur to him that ordering that was a bad choice. I guess he thought....salad....I knew that most fast food chili is loaded with sugar. I don't think it had beans. I told him that sometimes it stays in your blood stream for days. Lesson learned. My husband suffers from anxiety...he takes meds for it....so perhaps the work situation did factor in also. Just a tad. In the meantime, I am rereading Dr B's book, to absorb the stuff that I have forgotton. I have lost two more pounds, finally. Tom has started working again and life is sweet. Looking forward to talking with your guys more.
Jane
Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #382
Junior LCF Member

Hi guys: Tonight's menu was Hamburger steak with Rutabaga fries. Oh so good! Really hit the fry craving. According to my research, 1 cup fries=7.8gc-2.4fiber g. I highly recommend them.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Whoa, Jane I'll be right over for lunch!
Rutabaga fries? Do you make them just like french fries ? I tried jicama a while back and it just didn't make the grade and rather expensive too. I think I'm going to give it a try.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JuneCC
Stats: 223/147/124, 5' 3.5"
WOE: Dr. Bernstein; Last A1C=5.5
Start Date: Dx 12/2010 w/A1C=13.3 & FBG=303
Hello

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the LowCarbFriends forums. I spent last night reading this whole thread. Here's a little about me...

Dx 12/2010 with FBG 303 & A1c 13.3
A1c on 3/2011 was 6.1
Walk 1-1/2 mi. 7 days/week
43 lbs lost since dx (~2-3 lbs/wk)
Metformin 500mg 2x/day
Enalapril 5mg/day (reduced from 20mg/day at dx)
Low dose aspirin 1/day
Low carb (modeled on Dr. Bernstein's)
DH & 2 sons are low carbing now, too; working on 2 daughters!

I say modeled on Dr. B. because I can't tolerate carbs in the morning well at all so I'm more like 0-12-12 with a 6g snack in the evening and I occasionally do eat a half slice of rye bread.

I'm a recipe collector but not so much a recipe maker. I seem to be satisfied with just the usual every day. I do have a small piece of chocolate at night and I'm thinking of adding a glass of red wine.

My lipid profile at dx was:

Total Cholesterol -- 280 H
Triglyceride -- 178 H
HDL -- 40 L
VLDL -- 31 H
LDL -- 209 H
Percent HDL -- 14 L
Chol HDL Ratio -- 7 H

High cholesterol runs in my family. For some reason the doc didn't order, or the lab didn't do, one when they did my 2nd A1C so I don't know if it's gotten any better or worse. I've heard losing a lot of weight can make it temporarily worse so it might be just as well for now!

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...for life!

Jo (June was my mom's name)
JuneCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Junecc. Sounds like you're off to a great start!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Jo, the more the merrier!

Dogman: I basically peeled the rutabager with a potato peeler, soaked them in a salt water solution while the grease heated up and then drained them and fried them just like potatoes. They don't get as crisp as a potato, but tasted great! I had heard they could be bitter which is the reason I soaked them in the salt water. My mother in law does that for eggplant, so I thought it would work. Try them I think you'll be hooked. I had never eaten a rutabaga before....in fact I had to look for them by reading the signs. I couldn't have picked one out in a lineup.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

PlainlyJane, Thanks for the idea, I'm going to try those "rutafries" as soon as I see some rutabagas in the store. I would have never thought of the salt water solution. You deep fry them right? How long do you soak them in the salt water?

JuneCC,

Last edited by dogman; 04-12-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

After slicing them up just like french fries, I soaked them in a warm salt water solution just while the grease was heating up....15 min? I have one of those automatic friers, so really not sure. I just know they were great. I bought some more today.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Jo, the more the merrier!

Dogman: I basically peeled the rutabager with a potato peeler, soaked them in a salt water solution while the grease heated up and then drained them and fried them just like potatoes. They don't get as crisp as a potato, but tasted great! I had heard they could be bitter which is the reason I soaked them in the salt water. My mother in law does that for eggplant, so I thought it would work. Try them I think you'll be hooked. I had never eaten a rutabaga before....in fact I had to look for them by reading the signs. I couldn't have picked one out in a lineup.
I've said it before but it bears repeating methinks. The chefs say that they double fry the potatoes. Once for just a few seconds - cool and then fry to a crisp golden brown . . . I ain't never tried no rutabagas so I don't know if'n it'll work with them. Been spending my time in the hills above Seattle . . . forgive my hillbilly twang! My Momma and Dearly Departed where both true KY/VA hillbillies.

Excellent time BTW . . . I went to a bee seminar!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Bee seminar, dew ? Did you get the point?

Why, I do declare y'all your English is impeccable and indubitable ( think i learned that from the Three Stooges )

OK, I got it. I'm going to make those rutafries.