Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 135, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
NG... having a shake for b'fast is the hardest thing for me. I really miss my two fried eggs. Actually, today I looked at the can of powder and couldn't do it. I had two eggs. I'll have one for lunch (saved some decaf coffee for it) and then a light dinner of chicken and veggies... most likely a mixed greens salad. Although I have to say that I'm motivated to drink the $%*& things because then the powder will be gone and I won't have to drink another one. Kudos on staying off the scale, btw. That takes a lot of determination if you're a "weigher". The only way I can stay off it is to have a glass of water when I'm letting my dogs out. They go out before I do my thing in the bathroom... which is when I weigh. If I've had a glass of water I won't weigh. LOL
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 157/152/150/149/130 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Feb. 22, 2006
Well, it's the end of my first week, phase 1, so i have one more week of protein shakes. Had my first breakfast this morning, made two eggs lightly fried in butter with 4 strips of bacon. Could not finish it! My dog sure enjoyed a little snack of eggs and bacon bits.

At work, not hungry at all so far, where the other days I was really needing my emergency peanuts by 10:30 am!

And I am happy to report my losses:
5 lbs
1 inch off bust
1 inch off ribcage
1 inch off 'true waist'
3/4 off my belly button level waist
3/4 off my butt! ( and that is a miracle)
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niagara belle
Stats: 233/202.5/150
WOE: Atkins '72
Day 2 and I stepped on the scale last night Yikes 231.5 ! I stepped on this morning 227. No more scale games. I don't have the nerves for it. I am not weighing in until the end of the first 2 weeks and just trust the plan. At least that is how I feel this morning i think?

I have been using coconut milk in my shakes and the brand I use makes a big difference. I didnt realize some were more creamy and easy to use. I just bought a few different ones to try them out.
I used some rooster gold brand last evening and it was more greasy than creamy. The other brand I had used was very creamy.
I felt faintly nauseated. after using the new greasy one in my shake. ? was it the brand of coconut milk or just my liver defatting?
Anyway I took it as a good sign. It killed my appetite and hunger so I went to bed early and feel much better for it this morning.
The scary test will be Friday when I am back to work and have to carry all my food and shakes in to work.

By the way where is this great Lemon Chicken Recipe you guys are posting about?

Good luck everyone. Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it.
~Cindy
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Niagara belle- I would love you to post which coconut milk brand you like. I always get one called "Chakoa" or something like that because my local asian store always has them for .79 and they are considered a good one for thai food. Not so sure about in a shake tho.

Tril- I totally relate to what you are saying. This is SO not how I like to eat. I love to cook and eat whole foods. This is just lame to me. I have started having one egg in the morning lightly fried, before my shake. He said in the blog that it would be okay instead of putting it in my shake. I then have a shake with one scoop powder.
I really am looking forward to the meat weeks because that is more how I normally eat. I really miss eating bigger portions of veggies and it looks like weeks 3 -4 have even less. Bummer.

StevieRenee- I do eat my big meal in the evening, usually around 7, so that could be an issue, but on the other hand, that is what I have always done?? Also, I am lame, I have not been measuring. I MUST do that today. Everyone has been commenting that I look skinny.
Finally, as far as fit day. I use it to check calories, etc. on stuff I don't know,
and to compare stuff. I used to do it all the time for daily totals, but now do my own journals since I am pretty familiar with stuff. I mainly track calories. I need to check carb totals. My problem and gripe is that this darn plan does not give parameters for carbs, or calories or protein or fat in terms of how much you should have per day. I do try and study his meals so I can keep in line, but it sure would be easier if he just had a chart with what our numbers should be. Especially carbs. I mean he says, "salad", but no quantity?? Maybe I am just missing something, but it is a very frustrating plan for me.
Still stuck at 152.

If anyone has run the ****** numbers on his suggested meals, I would be so grateful for you to share what you come up with.

Last edited by snaggle; 09-24-2009 at 08:11 AM..
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi everyone! I figured out that if I take my multi vitamin in the morning I am starving all darn day. If I wait until night I forget it. I usually take one a day weight control and it does not bother me a bit but they have green tea extract aka caffeine so I am taking one I bought at whole foods and it spikes my appetite.

Not much to report on the food front since our choices are so limited but still happy with how I feel.

Have a good day!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #246

Gallery: La Bruja
Stats: 201/188/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2009
Well.......................I'm O. U. T. out!

I can't hack this plan - I'm not as tough as the rest of ya. I need to eat food!

3 days of 3 shakes and 1 meal was making me feel all diet-y and deprived, which is sure to lead to a binge for me, so I've gone back to Atkins OWL.

Best of luck to everybody!
La Bruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Snag... I think the total carbs for the day is 30ng. Figure out what your shakes contain and then use the balance for your meal. Carbs weren't part of the plan (written in specifically) he said because his editor didn't want the book to be considered a "low carb plan". By not including carb counts I guess that keeps the plan out of that category. They probably know that WE (low carb believers) will be interested in the book... maybe they're after the rest of the population?

Niagra... the lemon chicken recipe is in the book. Do you have a copy? If not I'd be happy to PM it to you. Let me know.

Homestretch (love the name, btw)... vintamins make me SO sick. I just can't take them. If I'm having a large meal I can sometimes take one and not pay for it... otherwise, GAG!!!

La Bruja... I can certainly understand the way you feel. It DOES feel "diety", doesn't it? And, I suppose, it should. It's a 6 week diet. You're not really learning how to eat better until the very end... assuming that weeks 5 & 6 work for you. Maintenance (if you can call it that) is just more of the weeks 5 & 6 meals with added calories (from protein/fat OR from carbs) if you've reached your goal and want (ahem) to stop losing weight (I'd like to meet this person). I can't bring myself to see this diet as anything but a temporary fix for a long term problem... whether that's a stall/plateau, getting weight loss started, getting the weight loss finished, kicking the carb habit, getting motivated, reducing your belly fat, etc. Whatever it was that brought you to try this plan may (MAY) be helped by using it. But we still need to find the solution to long term weight loss... because this plan isn't it, IMHO.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 14days
hi tril! I use the slimfast low carb!!tastes good only 190 calories.I never drink it alone!!!and usually one a day cause it's expensive...I started ordering it from amazon and I am now on auto ship!!!!I save .60 a can!!!!I get 24 cans for 40.00 that includes shipping!!! The EAS shakes are 120calories but is thin and gross and itmakes me go!!so I only bought this once!! For breakfast I have 2 turkey patties and a shake.this keeps me till 3pm no problem!!then I have more protein. Iam just mad I had the cookies and sandwitch yesterday and I wasn't even hungry!!

Goal: all of 2013 will be dedicated to staying on plan and making NHE my WOL!

Last edited by 14days; 09-24-2009 at 10:04 AM..
14days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

"Iam just mad I had the cookies and sandwitch yesterday and I wasn't even hungry!!"

Why'dja eat it then?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabinator
WOE: Very Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14days View Post
hi tril! I use the slimfast low carb!!tastes good only 190 calories.I never drink it alone!!!and usually one a day cause it's expensive...I started ordering it from amazon and I am now on auto ship!!!!I save .60 a can!!!!I get 24 cans for 40.00 that includes shipping!!! The EAS shakes are 120calories but is thin and gross and itmakes me go!!so I only bought this once!! For breakfast I have 2 turkey patties and a shake.this keeps me till 3pm no problem!!then I have more protein. Iam just mad I had the cookies and sandwitch yesterday and I wasn't even hungry!!

You have mentioned the slimfast shakes before, what's up with that??

Maybe there's a slimfast thread?
Gabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 14days
Greed!!!LOL ......everyone else was eating .....and I prepared it!!
14days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #252
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Well, it's the end of my first week, phase 1, so i have one more week of protein shakes. Had my first breakfast this morning, made two eggs lightly fried in butter with 4 strips of bacon. Could not finish it! My dog sure enjoyed a little snack of eggs and bacon bits.

At work, not hungry at all so far, where the other days I was really needing my emergency peanuts by 10:30 am!

And I am happy to report my losses:
5 lbs
1 inch off bust
1 inch off ribcage
1 inch off 'true waist'
3/4 off my belly button level waist
3/4 off my butt! ( and that is a miracle)
Meg, congrats on the inches lost!

I was just hoping everyone measured more than what is says to in the book.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #253
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
A quick drive by as time is tight today.

Day 6 and feeling great. I know I will be able to do the 2 weeks at this point. I did think that having my main meal at lunch was a nice change. I will do dinner here and there but I enjoyed a lunch

Congrats Whippet!! Wonderful progress.
I will take a photo for my progress soon and remeasure.

For those of you stuggling or frustrated at the lack of specifs from the Eade's, I hear ya. I hope whatever road you travel in your journey you find a great fit

This plan obviously is not for everyone.

Well life is calling so I best boogie on down the road.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niagara belle
Stats: 233/202.5/150
WOE: Atkins '72
Whippet - thanks for posting your very motivating results

Tril- please pm me the recipe. I am waiting forever for my book to arrive.

Snaggle - I have just bought random brands of coconut milk. I will look when I go to the strore to see if I can find the name of the best creamy one.
The rooster brand was just like a hunk of lard with a few tablespoons of water in the can. All the ones I bought were from Thailand. They all listed the exact same ingrediets.
The only one I can remember was Aroyd brand and it was more creamy but not the best.

At first I found the shakes didn't stick with me long but adding the coconut milk gave them a nice creamy texture and coconut taste.
This morning I had my cr@ppy brand shake ( I made up all 3 last night)
I really felt half sick with it. I just think it was all that fat. I remember Jimmy Moore said with the dag oil in their shakes his wife didn't feel the greatest.

I ate my real food meal at 2 pm today. I couldn't face another shake.
I feel very much better for it. I dumped my coconut milk shakes out and will be making mine with almond breeze and a splash of cream for today.

I don't want to discourage anyone too much on the coconut milk but I did find it a little much. I may have overdone the amount.
niagara belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Niagra... did you add more than a tsp of the DAG oil? He said one teaspoon in one shake per day... the rest should be made with 2 TBS cream or coconut cream. Lemon Chicken recipe comin' up asap!

Stevie... good to know you're feeling so well!

14 days.... at least you're honest. But next time, say no! LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Can we PM on this forum??

ETA: NB, I'll get you that recipe soon. I have a house showing in a couple hours and I have LOT to do to get ready. It may be tonight before I can get to it... but I will!

Last edited by Tril; 09-24-2009 at 11:44 AM..
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Just and FYI, Jimmy Moore is doing the Cure too and posting his menu's for people who are not sure what the heck to eat:

NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Just and FYI, Jimmy Moore is doing the Cure too and posting his menu's for people who are not sure what the heck to eat:
Thanks. I'll check that out. I enjoy everyone's comments & experiences on the plan, too.

I have to admit I haven't used any of the recipes in the book yet. I'm a lazy cook & not easily bored. I'm going to have to see if I can find some to try. I know I'd enjoy them.

I cooked a whole chicken from a local farm and that has been my real food meal so far along with 2 cups of broccoli.

I feel bad that some of you are not enjoying the shakes. I really enjoy them and find them filling. I get two glassfuls so it is a lot. Then again, I'm only on day 4 so it will be interesting to see if I do eventually grow tired of them.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Can we PM on this forum??
Yes, you will be able to PM are you've been a member 25 days. You probably aren't quite there yet.

Quote:
Private Messaging access is granted only after posting 25 messages or more and having been a member for 25 days or more.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sunny7
do youthink you could use bottled ranch dressing, instead of home-made mayo, i know its better for you, but i never have any luck in making it.
Sunny7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #261

Oh, I am adding 2 tsp of the DAG oil to my last shake on days when I won't get a third one in.

I'm also adding 5g D-Ribose instead of 2.5 as I've taken 5g previously for fatigue/pain and it did help.

I'm able to eat all my meals at home so I'm adding the raw egg to my shake. I can't even tell it's there.

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 09-24-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
do youthink you could use bottled ranch dressing, instead of home-made mayo, i know its better for you, but i never have any luck in making it.
I would check the ingredients and carbs and decide based on that. The book says any dressing that contains 3g carbs or less per serving is fine.

I have yet to find a good mayo recipe but when I miss it enough I'll be trying more recipes. I won't buy the store bought anymore.

I stopped buying dressing because they all contain ingredients I want to avoid. Admittedly, I am more picky than most. I eat mostly organic/natural foods. I make a simple oil/vinegar dressing with lemon infused EVOL and find it very good. I wasn't sure I'd like it because I have only liked creamy dressings in the past. This broke me of my blue cheese dressing addiction.

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 09-24-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #263

I've seen people commenting on the calories supposed to be a maximum of 1500 calories. That is not going to be true for everyone. Someone larger who is using 3 scoops of protein powder, adding eggs to their shakes and eating the larger amounts of protein for their real food meal will easily have calories 1700 or more. I do think it is wise not to focus on the calories since they will vary so much. As long as we're following the plan as it is written we should see those inches melt away.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #264
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Ok! few minutes to spare. I homeschool my DS so I get bits and pieces of time while he works on stuff

Woohoo! I love reading Jimmy's blog. I am excited he is doing the food thing.
Surprised to see Diet Coke but it looks like he switched to Diet Rite.

For me, I use ****** and my main meal is whatever I want as long as I am in the perimter of the carbs. My meals are working out to be about 450 to 600 calories at once! On average, my week has been 1200-1400 calories and 22 carbs. I feel great on this. I don't know why its sticking this time but something gave and I don't want to let go of it. 6 days, cheat free is HUGE for me.

I don't use dressings but on a blue moon. I rarely eat salad either. I eat cooked or raw veggies. I hated the ingrediemnts as well in the dressings and I just don't manage to make dressings either.lol

It seems like if I do start to get hungry, nothing a glass of decaf ice tea or water isn't satisfying.

I made another casserole dish of cooked cauliflower with green beans, cheese. Will have that with roasted chicken my DH made for us.
This has been a breeze so far.

As far as shakes go, did I tell you guys I made the shake as a custard last night? I used a smidge of water, 1 egg, protein powder and hwc. Then blended with magicwand thingy and put it in a glass dish. I microwaved - under supervision - about 70 seconds or so. I let sit and then sprinkled it with cinnamon. It was ok - would be better if I added Splenda. I am leary of Splenda as I get headaches. I think when its cold out ( I just finished swimming outside for aerobics!) this shake custard thingy could work out.

I also made my morning shake with just a few ice cubes. It was better then the overload of ice I was making.

Anyway!

I am going to guess I have lost at least 5 to 6 pounds. Of course there is that water weight we all know about but still, its all good.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhonda in Phx
Stats: 296.6/279.6/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/2002
YEA! As of today 7 pounds down. I know one thing by the time dinner is here I am hungry. I am anxious for the inches to be gone!

Thanks Natasha for the link to Jimmy Moore.
Rhonda in Phx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Hi all! I'm back from Pittsburgh.

I couldn't do the shakes on vacation but I managed to stay low carb through out. Today I made my base again and I will be restarting the two weeks. I've got six weeks till my next travel date (though that one will be much easier to do as it's a time share and we're driving out).

Today I had a chai shake (vanilla pp, hwc, water, cinnamon, nutmeg).

I saw on the livin la vida low carb blog that they are eating pickles to combat the sweet. J states that this is something Eades said to do....anybody know where it says that....I'm not seeing it in the book at all. I'd really like something non-sweet during the day (my meal is at night).

So I did the trial just fine. Now I need to make two weeks and move on. I am so ready!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlabamaDeb
Stats: 274.8/248.6/150
WOE: Low Carb/6-week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle
Start Date: March 15, 2009
Hi all,

Just checking in. I'm a little bummed, but not much. I stalled for 3 days and then went up .4 pound today. I know that's not unusual, but I decided to take a day off and shake things up a little. My body can adapt to any eating plan faster than a speeding bullet, so I have to throw it a curve ball pretty frequently. I may end up going directly to the alternating shake/meat weeks if I don't see movement soon.

Today's plan: 2 scoop shake for breakfast (usually do 3 scoops)
Chicken ceasar salad for lunch (light on the dressing)
EAS protein bar mid-afternoon
Chicken ceasar salad for dinner (heavy on the protein) Love em
Maybe another shake before bedtime, if I get hungry
AlabamaDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flateyeball
Stats: 195.5/193/185
Start Date: 09/19/09
192 lbs this morning, down 3.5 lbs.
I kinda like that PP, it tastes good, in fact I could probably get one daily for a long time. BTW it's Classic whey vanilla ice cream taste.
Since my first days of 9 cups/day of this stuff fiasco, I have settled on 2 scoops twice/day and either one or two meals...if one can call it that.
The recipes in the book don't make any sense to me, so I eat a piece of salmon at least once/day, made some mashed cauliflower of which I eat about a cup.
I also had 2 eggs and 4 or 5 strips of that pre-cooked bacon.

Oh, this is the salmon I'm talking about, it is 6 oz and has only 1g of carbs and it's only $15 for six of them at Sam's, and BTW it's wild salmon not that Atlantic garbage.

Last edited by flateyeball; 09-24-2009 at 03:08 PM..
flateyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaDeb View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in. I'm a little bummed, but not much. I stalled for 3 days and then went up .4 pound today. I know that's not unusual, but I decided to take a day off and shake things up a little. My body can adapt to any eating plan faster than a speeding bullet, so I have to throw it a curve ball pretty frequently. I may end up going directly to the alternating shake/meat weeks if I don't see movement soon.

Today's plan: 2 scoop shake for breakfast (usually do 3 scoops)
Chicken ceasar salad for lunch (light on the dressing)
EAS protein bar mid-afternoon
Chicken ceasar salad for dinner (heavy on the protein) Love em
Maybe another shake before bedtime, if I get hungry
How long have you been on the plan? Are you taking the supplements, following all the rules? Remember this is NOT a weight loss plan. Your results will be inches lost.

That EAS protein bar is not part of the plan. I'd leave those out.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the explanation, Deb! I should be able to PM soon. In the meantime, could someone PM the lemon chicken recipe to Niagra Belle?!?

Tirj... regarding the pickle:

On Page 111 under the "Add some salt" they write:

"You may salt your food with quality salt or eat a dill pickle half once or twice a day."

You can drink pickle juice or bouillon as well.