Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat_cairo
Stats: okay. I am fat
WOE: eat heathy, lots of veggies, fruit
Start Date: Aug 2012... again
oh my. It's only taken me about an hour to read all this.
WOW. y'all got it going.

I too am on this "diet". My sister Whippet lady suggested I try it.

I have been de-caffed for over .... oh. more years than some of you have been alive. No headaches, no emotional problem, and not really feeling the loss of food.
I am only on my 3rd day and have lost 2 lbs.
My shakes are really not like anyones on this thread

1 1/2 scoop powder
1 c koolaid made with splenda
about 6 or so frozen blueberries/blackberries/ strawberries

of course I make enough for all day. My first day took forever to get to dinner.so i decided to have my meal at lunch. Which is not anything new to me since I have been having my main meal at lunch for over 25 yrs now.
I am hoping to lose something significant by the end of this program

and thanks to all for giving me ideas on meals, as i am kitchen challenged and need all the help i can get

FILM AT 11

It's just me.
kat_cairo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Welcome Kathleen and whippet lady! Kool-aid? I didn't know they made it with splenda
now. At least that is better than aspertame.

Natasha- I usually change it out every 4 days. Once the mint gets gross.
I love the sassy water! I don't have the flat belly book, so I don't know what the actual
instructions call for. I am glad you are liking it. It is good for me to have alternative liquids when I am not having any wine. So far that part hasn't been that bad.

I am 8 days in. Still down 2 lbs. Been here for 6 days. I know I shouldn't be frustrated, but I will admit that I am.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jokath
Stats: Then 190/144/144...Now 190/156/155
WOE: Low carb/Gluten Free
Start Date: January 2003
Well, I made it through Day 1 relatively painfree. It was the first time in many, many years I have went a day without coffee!!! Normally several cups.

I did my shakes at 8 am, 4 pm and 9 pm. I had my meal at lunch. I was starving by the time I had my last shake. Normally I wouldnt wait that late but I didnt get home until late and it just happened that way. But it was all ok. I stayed with the plan as scheduled.

Today is going to be a bit different. I just had my first shake at 9 am and I will have another one at 2 pm then eat my meal at dinner and a shake later. I am working in our coffee shop this morning so this should be interesting. I did read in the book that espresso contains only have the caffeine that brewed coffee does. So an
Americano might be the answer if you're trying to kick the caffeine. We serve Decaf Espresso but I'm trying to not have any coffee products. We also serve some really good caffeine free tea. I'm having one right now.

I added HWC to my shake this morning as well as a small amount of cream cheese. I'm hoping a little extra fat will help keep me satisfied longer.

I'm excited about Day 2 and hearing how well everyone is doing. Good luck and keep posting.
jokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:
I am working in our coffee shop this morning so this should be interesting. I did read in the book that espresso contains only have the caffeine that brewed coffee does. So an
Americano might be the answer if you're trying to kick the caffeine. We serve Decaf Espresso but I'm trying to not have any coffee products
Although I am not missing caffeine, (I am doing the DECAF) this would have been torture for me... I admire your preserverance!
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabinator
WOE: Very Low Carb
Day 3

Had a horrible headache yesterday, but I'm going through caffeine/alcohol withdrawal

I coudn't resist and got on the scale : lost 3 pounds, this will keep me going
Gabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 160 ( or more?) Goal is 140 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restarted May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
! Kool-aid? I didn't know they made it with splenda
now. At least that is better than aspertame.

They don't, you just buy the little tiny unsweetened koolaid packets and instead of using sugar , you sweeten it with splenda.

Good idea, that, but Kathleen watch your carbs, and you might need to get your fat up a bit. THe Eades' tell us to add about 2 tbslp of heavy whipping cream to the shakes to add in fat. Now, just whip some up , add a touch of splenda and you have a nice little snack.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~DAY 5~

Edited to add...I am snuck a peak..I am down 4 pounds. Water or fat, I will take it!

I am on a roll! Its been a long time since I have stuck to anything. Too much summer fun!
Today I am going to try something differant ( I think). My meal is going to be lunch. Then do the 3 shakes as hunger dictates. I have aerobics tonight also so I want to ensure I am fueled right.

Homestretch,
lol, I planned on watching the timer on the micro but I homeschool the DS and got distracted! lol...multi tasking equates to mad science in the microwave.

Snaggle,
are you using ******? I am curious what your numbers are. I also wonder if you meal is later and is just weighing in on your scale. Also, like Deb mentioned, wathc your inch loss. Hang in there!!!

La Bruja,
I am proud of you endurance. You are doing good! I am going to check out a meal at lunch and see how I do.

NGJ26,
keep up the good work!!

Cathieinut,
good plan. I think there is Diet Rite caffeine free soda made with Splenda. I have tried the various flavors. Its ok. If you spot a rootbeer, let me know! lol

kat_cario,
welcome! Glad you are posting!

jokath,
awesome. You are a trooper! Its not forever...so just remind yourself of that. You are doing great.

Gabinator,
dang! 3 pounds!!! Wonderful.

Whippet,
congrats on your preserverance!! I think I added too many "e's to that word.lol

Ok, well I gotta get off my tush and walk. Later!

Hi to all who pop in later.....

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 09-23-2009 at 08:16 AM..
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niagara belle
Stats: 233/202.5/150
WOE: Atkins '72
I took the plunge and started today! It is day one. I have had my decaf and first shake. I think I will add the egg because I know I will be hungry. I gleaning little bits of information from posts and from Doctor Mike's site and putting together a word doc. with the information to keep me on track. (It will be a while before I can get my hands on a book)

Does anyone know what the exercise is that is recommended in the book?
niagara belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Well, day 1, started my morning with a shake...................trying to stick with it.........drinking my water........

Thats all folks.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 135, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
My day started with a 1 1/2 hour walk with a friend. Came home and had a shake and two eggs. Decided I had way too much energy so I took the dogs for an hour walk. Now I'm home and just sat out back in the sun with my lunch shake (used my leftover decaf from this morning... it was good!). I think now I'm going to go pick apples. I just feel like doing something and the weather is GORGEOUS... typical Fall day here. Just a bit warmer than I'd like!

Oh... the jeans I wore to walk the dogs got all wet and muddy. I was border-line freaking out because they're my "fat jeans". I tossed them in the wash (in case I HAVE to go somewhere) and decided to just see how far I am from my next size down. I. HAVE. THEM. ON. And... I can breathe! Wowza... in one week. Sweeeeeeeeet!

First week weigh in tomorrow.

Dinner tonight... can't decide. Maybe a beef soup or maybe garlic chicken and cole slaw. I miss having lunch every day. I can satisfy my love for meat more than once a day!

Later!
Tril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

"If you spot a rootbeer, let me know!"

Stevie... I found one sweetened with Splenda, don't know if it's available everywhere but it's called Waist Watcher. It's incredible with a slash of cream in it. They also make a black cherry that's delish.

Here's a link so you can see what it looks like:

Waist Watcher Diet Beverages & Diet Soft Drinks: Root Beer
Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
I have been reading all the post, so you have 3 shakes a day and 1 meal, is that right, and would the revolutions rolls fall into this

Thank you
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi everyone! We are all doing very good aren't we? Yay Us!!!!!!

I found Enova oil today at my local super Walmart (who would have thought since I could not get it in the city). I am going to make salad dressing with it.

I have not been on the scale but I swear my pants fit better. It is a thrill!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhonda in Phx
Stats: 296.6/279.6/140
Start Date: 8/2002
Hi Everyone,

Day 5 and finally no headache! I have to honestly say though that I truelly do need 3 shakes as I am HUNGRY but determined. I am down 5 pounds and that is pretty exciting.

All of you are doing great and isnt it encouraging to see people motivated.
Rhonda in Phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
I have been reading all the post, so you have 3 shakes a day and 1 meal, is that right, and would the revolutions rolls fall into this

Thank you
No. It's three shakes (2 are ok) plus one meal from the book. The meals are a protein and certain veggies/fruit. The veggies and fruit are very limited... 1/2 cup berries, 1/2 cup cauliflower puree, 5 - 6 asparagus spears, 1/2 small apple, 1/2 cup mushrooms are examples of the serving sizes. There's a list at the back of the book with serving sizes and acceptable foods if you need to substitute one veggie or fruit for another.

This is just for two weeks... the second part of the diet (weeks 3 & 4) is completely different. In this phase you eat mostly meat... and no dairy at all.

Check the book out of your library and have a look at it. There are quite a few "rules".
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Sunny - good question. My hubby wanted me to make oopsie rolls the other day and I said no because they have cream cheese, and it seems like we only can have a little bit of cheese the first two weeks. (none, the second two). I am not sure how the oopsie rolls are different than the original revolution rolls, but if all ingredients are found within the menu plans, then you may be okay.

I am sad because I just recently got a big block of Tillamook aged white cheddar, my fave.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 160 ( or more?) Goal is 140 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restarted May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Hi everyone! We are all doing very good aren't we? Yay Us!!!!!!

I found Enova oil today at my local super Walmart (who would have thought since I could not get it in the city). I am going to make salad dressing with it.

I have not been on the scale but I swear my pants fit better. It is a thrill!
How can you resist the temptation to find out your weight?

I am on the scale every morning. So I am a scale 'ho, shoot me.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
How can you resist the temptation to find out your weight?

I am on the scale every morning. So I am a scale 'ho, shoot me.
I am just not willing to let it mess with my head right now. I have let it determine my value long enough. These two weeks are a break from that
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabinator
WOE: Very Low Carb
[QUOTE=whippetlady;12521293]How can you resist the temptation to find out your weight?

I am on the scale every morning. So I am a scale 'ho, shoot me. [/QUOTE]

Gabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
Sunny - good question. My hubby wanted me to make oopsie rolls the other day and I said no because they have cream cheese, and it seems like we only can have a little bit of cheese the first two weeks. (none, the second two). I am not sure how the oopsie rolls are different than the original revolution rolls, but if all ingredients are found within the menu plans, then you may be okay.

I am sad because I just recently got a big block of Tillamook aged white cheddar, my fave.
i use 3 eggs to 3 oz of cream cheese, it makes 6 rolls, can't remember the old rev roll recipe, but i think you can sub with cottage cheese, mayo or sour cream
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Here's an older version of the rev rolls:

3 eggs -- separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
1 package artificial sweetener
1 dash salt

Cottage cheese and cream cheese aren't in any of the meals that I could find (6WC).
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #232
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Check the book out of your library and have a look at it. There are quite a few "rules".

I highly suggest that those of you who can't afford or don't want to buy the book at this time request it at your library or stop buy a book store to skim it. There's more to weeks 1 & 2 than 3 shakes and one real meal and more to weeks 3 & 4 than meat.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #233
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
I'm finding this very easy to follow. I am not working outside the home right now so I can imagine that would make things more challenging. I do feel leaner...

I have yet to work that third shake into my day but from what I've read that's OK.

What flavor shakes are the rest of you making? I've had cherry chocolate mocha (decaf), eggnog and raspberry ones. I have yet to decide what kind I'll have for my last one.

I prefer my last meal to be a shake. It's like a great evening snack.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 14days
WOE: INTERMITTENT FASTING
i just canthave 2 shakes a day!!! iget wild cravings!!!....its either that!! or TOM
14days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilsuzi
WOE: lc-vlc
Start Date: 9/14/09
Book

Hello! I am new as well on my second week of low carbing, no book followed, which book n diet are you following, also how much did you lose the first week, i dont think i lost much yet
lilsuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
i use 3 eggs to 3 oz of cream cheese, it makes 6 rolls, can't remember the old rev roll recipe, but i think you can sub with cottage cheese, mayo or sour cream
I tried the rolls with 3 eggs n 1/3 cup may n seasoning..baked 350 20 min in muffin tin, not bad just stuck to the pan.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_cairo View Post
oh my. It's only taken me about an hour to read all this.
WOW. y'all got it going.

I too am on this "diet". My sister Whippet lady suggested I try it.

I have been de-caffed for over .... oh. more years than some of you have been alive. No headaches, no emotional problem, and not really feeling the loss of food.
I am only on my 3rd day and have lost 2 lbs.
My shakes are really not like anyones on this thread

1 1/2 scoop powder
1 c koolaid made with splenda
about 6 or so frozen blueberries/blackberries/ strawberries

of course I make enough for all day. My first day took forever to get to dinner.so i decided to have my meal at lunch. Which is not anything new to me since I have been having my main meal at lunch for over 25 yrs now.
I am hoping to lose something significant by the end of this program

and thanks to all for giving me ideas on meals, as i am kitchen challenged and need all the help i can get

FILM AT 11

Wow alot of learning here, when you say powder what kind should we use? and where do we get this?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Lil... this thread is for people following Drs. Eades' new book call The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle. Go back to the beginning of the thread and you'll see what everyone is doing and why. The powder we're talking about is protein powder.

14 days... if you want/need three shakes that's ok! Your body probably needs three. My caloric needs at this point are so low that three puts me in jeopardy of not losing. There are more calories in a shake than I normally eat in my breakfast or lunch.

One week down... one to go. Not sure I can do another week!!!! UGH. I miss eating so much. I miss my mid morning and mid afternoon snack. I miss sitting down for lunch. I miss cooking. I miss shopping for fresh ingredients. I miss all my veggies. So... should my protein powder run out before next Thursday, I'm not buying more... I'm moving to the next phase early.

Wt this morning is up 1/2# to 133.5. Not going to get all hinky about it. From reading other posts I expected it. Seems many have a small gain around the 2nd week... and/or the 3rd week. I also can't complain because I've lost a total of SIX pounds this week. I'm shocked at that actually, because I started fairly low at 139.5.

Plan for today:

2 shakes
one meal (chicken and veggies)
lots of water
no caffeine
a dog walk (an hour or so in fields)
keep a positive attitude
do something "nice" for myself (like take time to polish my toes)
clean the house (we have a showing at 4:30)
make something with my just picked apples (a pie or crisp) for dh
maybe give the dogs a bath
and finally... spend some time here for motivation/encouragement

Last edited by Tril; 09-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat_cairo
Stats: okay. I am fat
WOE: eat heathy, lots of veggies, fruit
Start Date: Aug 2012... again
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuzi View Post
Wow alot of learning here, when you say powder what kind should we use? and where do we get this?
hi!
i use the jay robb. but only cause this one does not have any carbs in it.
it's also unflavored. but you can pick up protein powder at Wal-mart. or your local grocery store. check the labels because some of them are for weightlifters and have lots of carbs.. shoot might as well drink chocolate drink.

I also use kool-aid because I like it!
kat_cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:
So... should my protein powder run out before next Thursday, I'm not buying more... I'm moving to the next phase early.
Tril I'm with you on this one.. since I started at Week 0 I will be heading into three weeks of shakes, shakes, shakes... Although I do think during the week I will continue having them for breakfast. I am almost out of what I have and plan on buying one more container, but if that runs out before Week 2 is up I will just begin my Week 3 Meat, Meat, Meat

That being said I only got one shake in yesterday.. the rest of my day ended up being VLC:

Fage yogurt
cheese & Pepperoni Snack
Turkey Skillet for dinner.

Quote:
What flavor shakes are the rest of you making?
I've made the orange creamsicle version, the Turtle (YUM, but sweet) and the Iced Cappucino (my fav). When I pick up the Chocolate PP today, I will make the Black Cherry!

Quote:
I am just not willing to let it mess with my head right now.
Me too, I actually looked at the scale this morning and I said NO< NOPE<NOT GONNA DO IT. I plan on measuring and weighing on Sunday... I am not really looking for a "weight" loss more of inch loss.
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote