Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #931
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FlyNavyWife
Stats: Current: 133 lbs / Goal: 120 lbs
WOE: Primal
What do you mean what happens?
This is a short-term jump-start, not a long term lifestyle change...
weeks 1 and 2 are 3 shakes + 1 meal
weeks 3 and 4 are mostly meat and some veggie, no dairy
weeks 5 and 6 i think are when you go into "regular low carb" eating and then you just keep doing it...
or you can go back and repeat weeks 1 and 2, then weeks 3 and 4 until you reach your goal. Or some people alternate shake weeks and meat weeks (instead of 2 weeks of each)
FlyNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1888/378
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavyWife View Post
What do you mean what happens?
This is a short-term jump-start, not a long term lifestyle change...
weeks 1 and 2 are 3 shakes + 1 meal
weeks 3 and 4 are mostly meat and some veggie, no dairy
weeks 5 and 6 i think are when you go into "regular low carb" eating and then you just keep doing it...
or you can go back and repeat weeks 1 and 2, then weeks 3 and 4 until you reach your goal. Or some people alternate shake weeks and meat weeks (instead of 2 weeks of each)
Sorry I wasnt clear. I meant what happens when you go back to reg lc meals? How do you keep from gaining the weight back when you stop drinking the shakes?
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 192 pounds
Well, believe it or not, I hit 170 this morning. I have definitely decided though to stay on the 2 or 3 shakes and a LC meal for a while until I get some more off, rather than move to Weeks 3 and 4. So, I'm joining in on a new thread in Low Carb Challenges called 2 Shakes and a LC meal. It is a carry-over from the one I posted about yesterday.

Emily-- will keep checking in with you. When do you start on the meat/eggs weeks? I like this thread, but hope you come visit on the new thread too. I just have too much weight to lose, and right now I need to stay with what is working.

Thanks so much for your help on the numbers. I have figured out that I definitely lose better if my fat is around 65%, protein around 30% and carbs around 5%. I am so much more satisfied and really not hungry.

I give Dr. Eades 6WC full credit for helping me break my stall and keeping me from giving up completely. Even though I'm not moving on to Weeks 3 and 4, I still consider myself doing the 6 Week Cure (or my version anyway). I just think for me staying on the Weeks 1 and 2 plan is better for me right now. If I stop losing, then I will move on. Maybe I'll just call my WOE plan the "Meeme's version of 6WC/Atkins/PP and Any Other LC Plan Out There".......because believe me, I have read and tried them all!!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #934
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
Sorry I wasnt clear. I meant what happens when you go back to reg lc meals? How do you keep from gaining the weight back when you stop drinking the shakes?
You should not gain weight back unless you start eating junk. The calories on the shake weeks are not extremely low. It is not like eating next to nothing & then starting to eat normally again. I lost inches during the shake weeks and continued to lose inches during the meat weeks.

Pay attention to the inches because that is where the fat loss results are. The scale does not measure fat loss.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FlyNavyWife
Stats: Current: 133 lbs / Goal: 120 lbs
WOE: Primal
Phyllis, now that this two weeks is over and my husband is coming home, I'm going back to regular low-carb eating. Not doing the meat weeks or any of that... I said that when I joined this thread, that it was going to be a temporary 2-week thing for me.

So I probably won't be on the board much either, but y'all can keep up with me on my website Joyful Abode: Domesticity by Trial and Error where I'll be posting low-carb recipes and writing about what's going on with me lately. Hope to see you in the comments there!
FlyNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #936
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 192 pounds
Joyful Abode

Emily -- I finally looked at your website and have bookmarked it. You have some great recipes and ideas. Oh, by the way, you are really beautiful.

I'm going to just stay over on the 2 shakes & a LC meal thread. Yesterday I hit 170 (now today it climbed back up a pound, but we won't talk about that.) I have also been eating a few snacks in between (LC of course). So far so good.

I hope I can get to goal this time. I am really doing everything I can to try to do this. So wish me luck. Glad your hubby is coming home.

Phyllis
lovemygrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #937
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fire27503
Stats: 157/136/125
Start Date: Restart date: Feb. 25, 2013
OKAY Please tell me what this means?? VAT........S-SAD........L-SAD?????
( I am totally VAT dominant there is less than an inch difference between my S-SAD and L-SAD)... ) I just can't guess LOLOLOLOL :blush::blush:
fire27503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #938
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbiAnn
Stats: 200/195/150
WOE: Modified Atkins/CAD
Start Date: April 2009
Louise

HWC is Heavy Whipping Cream
DebbiAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #939
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RJLupin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
I have the book and it is 3 shakes and 1 Meal.

The shakes are basic:

1-3 scoops WHEY POWDER (based on your current weight)
2 TBLS HWC or Coconut Milk
3/4 cup water & ice

Optional but recommended additions:

1 egg
1 tsp DAG oil (Enova)
2500 mg D-Ribose
2500 mg Leucine
Thought I would add here, Enova is no longer made and isn't available.
RJLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Found some Enova at Walmart in the oils section. Maybe cans snag some before they run out.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #941
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Enova is still available in stores here, too. I'm not sure how long production will be halted.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #942
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Hello, Wakey Wakey Shakes and Breaky!
I didn't feel like reading 32 pages of this thread and thought I'd just get to the point.
How many of you did this actually work for?
Did you lose Inches like you expected?
Were you Satisfied?
The thread Dropped so suddenly in November of 2009 and then February of 2010. Has no one tried this since then? Were people unsatisfied or so satisfied they didn't need to keep posting cause their Six weeks were up?

Where is Everyone? What Happened?

Hmm, maybe I'll start reading from the beginning to see how it went but sheese 32 pages is sooo longggg!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #943

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post

And I am happy to report my losses:
5 lbs
1 inch off bust
1 inch off ribcage
1 inch off 'true waist'
3/4 off my belly button level waist
3/4 off my butt!
( and that is a miracle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda in Phx View Post
YEA! As of today 7 pounds down. I know one thing by the time dinner is here I am hungry. I am anxious for the inches to be gone!

Thanks Natasha for the link to Jimmy Moore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise_1967 View Post
I am on my 3rd day of the 4 shakes a day plus one meal and this is what happened
day one, lost 4.5 lbs, no hunger at all!!
day two, lost 2.5 lbs, no hunger at all either!!!
on day 3 and can't wait to weigh in again tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
~Day 8, Week 2~

Wow, I cannot believe I finally stick to something. lol

The scale actually went up since my last peak but I am a veteran scale weigher. I know those ups & downs are me being a human and umm, female. I don't let it get me down.

I lost 2 inches of the middle of my middle. The rest of my measurements are the same.

I am blogging a photo time line and I really cannot capture the 2 inch loss very well with my camera. But the tape measure?! I had to measure 3 times before I believed it!! 29"! I would live to get a 26 inch waist.

Starting hip-to-waist-ratio:Your Waist to Hip Ratio is 0.83 and appears to indicate an increased risk for heart disease and diabetes

Current hip-to-waist-ratio!
Your Waist to Hip Ratio is 0.78 and appears to be within a healthy range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Hey All,

Well today is the end of Week 1 for me. I measured this a.m. and I am down 3 lbs and my waist is down 1/2 inch... not bad since I have been far from a model student. For example, I did not have any protein powder yesterday, so the day ended up being just a LC day. I did get out late in the afternoon and restocked for this coming week!

I plan on really working it week 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post

I still consider myself a success, even though I'm switching to the next phase early. I've gone from 139.5 down to 132.5 and I've gone down one pant size. I'm happy with how things went and looking forward to the next step.
Quote:
Ladies, something monumental happened today. I put on a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably snug, creating muffins ( no, no the good kind) just early in September.

Today? I can take them off without unzipping them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post

I measured this morning and I have lost 1.5 inches off of my waist and 1/2 inch off of my hips.
I am thrilled to have lost that much off of my waist in a bit under 2 weeks. I can really tell a difference in my "belly fat". I actually look like I have a bit of a waist and to be honest I have never had much of a waist. I have a pretty straight build other than big b00bs lol.

I am really proud of all of us!!!!
Quote:
Thanks Homestretch!

Well, I think Diamond Deb asked for my measurements, so I will summarize them here

This is the result for the phase 1, the Protein Shake weeks on the 6WC

Weight... -7.4 lbs
Butt.... -1 1/8"
Belly ... -2"
Waist.... -1 3/4 "
Ribs.... -1/2 "
Bust.... No change

Pretty darn convincing! Look at the change in the measurements in the middle!!

I am very happy so far. Today is my first day of the Phase 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Me View Post
End of Phase I (Weeks 1&2) results:

Down ~4 lbs overall (Days 1-3, down 4#; end of week 1, up 1# during TOM, today grand total = down the original 4#)

Went from size 9 to size 8 jeans
(this is the big shocker to me)

Down 2 inches in bra strap, and 1/2 a cup size (Praise the Lord! my back is already happier! lol)

I haven't measured, and won't---from past experience, I never keep up with the measurements, so am not bothering this time. I'm weighing once every week or 2 (more frequent weighing drives me crazy ), and using clothes to judge changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Phase I/Weeks 1 & 2 Results:

Bust: -1"
Braline: -1.25"
Natural Waist: -1.5"
Navel: -2"
Hips: -3"
Waist to Hip Ratio: -.1

Both L-SAD & S-SAD decreased but I think the margin for error on those measurements is extremely high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Weight was down 1/2# this morning. I'm now only 1/2# higher than my low on Wednesday of LAST week. BUT... I got an order from Coldwater Creek and I tried it on this morning. Everything fit perfectly!!! A size small swing jacket, size 6 black jeans and size 6 cropped pants. Makes me quite happy. Four weeks ago I wouldn't have even ordered those things.... not wanting to buy a larger size. OH... I almost forgot. Yesterday during my showing I went and walked around TJMaxx (it was raining... not much else to do). I bought a fitted sheath dress in dark dark chocolate... it has horizontal seams. I thought, no way... but it's on clearance so try it. Well, it FIT like it had been tailored for my body. I bought it... for $10! I'm going on a cruise this spring with my mom, which just happens to fall on my 50th b'day. I'm thinking this might be my 50th b'day dress! OR, maybe I'll try it on for dh and see if he wants to take me out for a nice filet ..

Later!
Quote:
~Week 1, Day 6~
The week seems to be going faster. I will say those chicken thighs are so easy to get to that I am going to make more. lol - My waist is still at 29" - these last 8 pounds are gonna be a major hurdle. lol

HOMESTRETCH!!!

Fantastic!

Hi all..I gotta go get the kiddo as he stayed at grandmas last night so i could go to aerobics.

Be back soon to chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
Today is sort of my last day of the 6 week cure. I have reviewed weeks 5 and 6 and have decided to adapt them to my JUDDD (alternate day diet) plan. I will eat the foods allowed, but do it with calorie cycling. Probably will do 500 on down days and 1700-1900 on my up days. I know I cannot really call it 6W. Cure anymore, but I just never felt right doing it. I missed my alternate days. I really didn't like the v.l.c. (weeks 3/4) part and didn't lose any lbs in those weeks either. The odd thing is that neither did my husband. I did lose 1 inch in my belly however, which is great. I have also been following the workout plan in "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" which is all about leaning out, so I can't say which part of my efforts was more effective, but I really like my new style of working out, and feel it all over my body after the workouts.
I bought a pair of Michael Kors size 10 cords yesterday and was very excited that they fit. I know sizes are not what they used to be, but I haven't gotten into size 10' in 27 years!

I may write a review of the plan on Amazon. Haven't decided.

I will say that this plan did what I wanted to do which was shake things up a bit with my body. It motivated me to really stick to a strict plan which is good. I do not think it is the very best plan to adapt to a lifestyle for me, but I do think the 2 week liver detox was something I will try and do at least once or twice a year.
I have a lot of complaints about how the plan was written and how the book was edited, but thanks to all of you here, most of my questions and issues were figured out.
I will keep checking in to see how you are all doing. Good luck.
Quote:
Wow...I've got great Week 3 losses!

Phase II Week 3/Total Losses Results:

Bust: -1" Total: -2"
Braline: -1" Total: -2.25"
Natural Waist: -1" Total: -2.5"
Navel: -1" Total: -3"
Hips: -1" Total: -4"

One more week to go!
Quote:
~ Week 4, day 5~
Back to the 3 shakes, 1 meal. I am bummed that the meat weeks didn't produce but not surprised. My past experience has never been a success with meat days. Because I have more to go - not much, about 8-9 pounds - the shakes really are effective. And since the Eade's said if you are not at goal by week 5, the shake plan is ok to restart.

I am holding my inch loss and weight loss of 5 pounds now. And its a delight to wear my size 6 jeans. I will say for all its flaws ( the plan), I did lose inches all over. [...]

I am holding my loss at 158 and would like to see if I can shake it up by Halloween. I have a cute pirate outfit to get into. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
wow stevie renee -- our stats are so similar. I have 8.5 lbs til goal and I also
I ended up down 5.5 lbs in the 4 weeks I did it. I lost 1.5" in my belly.
I am back to 148.5 today after one down day on Juddd. I am following the guidelines for 6wkCure, but just doing it juddd style.

Keep it up everybody!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by costa5 View Post
Hello everyone! Today is the first day of week 3 for me. I caved and started back on caffeinated coffee 2 days early. Just couldn't take it anymore although I know it is all psychological because I felt fine after the first few days.

Week 1 & 2 results:

weight: 151 to 145.4, -5.6
bust: 34 3/4 to 33 1/2, -1 1/4
chest (band-size measurement): 29 1/2, no change
waist: 28 to 27 1/2, -1/2
hips: 35 3/4 to 35 1/4, -1/2

BMI: 22.3 to 21.5, -.8

I never trust my measurements totally, but they are all consistently going in the downward direction so that is good!
Quote:

I took final measurements this morning and am very pleased with my results. Week 4 was cut short two days because I'm going out to town tomorrow. I did not take Bust/Braline measurements at the end of week one so they are missing.

Final Results:

______________ Week 1____Week 2____Week 3____Week 4____ Total Results:

Bust:__________________ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ______ -3.00"
Braline:________________ -1.25" ____ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ______ -3.25"
Natural Waist: -1.00" ____ -0.50" ____ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ______ -3.50"
Navel:_______ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ____ -1.00" ______ -4.00"
Hips:________ -1.50" ____ -1.50" ____ -1.00" ____ -0.75" ______ -4.75"

I used all the supplements and usually got in only 2 shakes the first two weeks. I added a shake in weeks 3 & 4 because it was hard to get enough protein. I still don't think my calories/protein were high enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmicWhimsy View Post
Well, I really like this plan. I've lost an inch on my waist, and some pounds too! And I feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavyWife View Post
So update... last night I got hungry again after my shake so I had an ounce of Brie and some pepperoni... upping the calories and fat (and protein).

BUT.
This morning I weighed myself and the scale gave me a solid 129. Now don't get all excited and think that I lost 4 pounds... The 133 measure was about a week ago and I may have just been having a fat day. But "usual" for me lately is around 130-132. So it's at LEAST a pound lost so far. AND... my waist measurement was 28 today as opposed to 29 when I started. WOOT.
If I could get down to 27" on my waist I'd be super happy (also if my thighs would shrink a little so I could fit them into all those cute pants hanging in my closet from 2 years ago).
This is what I was looking for. Boy, My eyes are aching.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #944
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rqw1968
Stats: 199 lbs/143.1 lbs/128 lbs (5' 6.5") Age: 44
WOE: Typically VLC, On hCG SubQ R1P2 since 10/4/2012
Start Date: January '09 (Restart: 7/15/2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hello, Wakey Wakey Shakes and Breaky!
I didn't feel like reading 32 pages of this thread and thought I'd just get to the point.
How many of you did this actually work for?
Did you lose Inches like you expected?
Were you Satisfied?
The thread Dropped so suddenly in November of 2009 and then February of 2010. Has no one tried this since then? Were people unsatisfied or so satisfied they didn't need to keep posting cause their Six weeks were up?

Where is Everyone? What Happened?

Hmm, maybe I'll start reading from the beginning to see how it went but sheese 32 pages is sooo longggg!
Is this working for you ?
rqw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #945

I decided not to do it, because it gets expensive making shakes so much. Since I'm budgeting, I decided to go JUDDD for now. When I have a little more money to play with I'll buy my favorite whey protein and try this out, but that's not in the near future.

Thanks for asking. I wish this idea would revive, but it seems it was sorta faddish.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Hey, rqw, I'm at the beginning of my 2nd week on the 6 Week Cure. I lost over 3 pounds in the first week, but not a bit of it was off my middle. My waist, abdomen, chest, etc. all measure the same as they did when I started. I'm not sure where the 3 pounds came from. The 6WC seems very "faddish" to me, but since I'm more than halfway through what I view as the hardest part, I'm going to finish it and see what the final results are. I can't wrap my mind around what is so different about this plan (as opposed to the pretty strict low carb I was already doing) that I'm going to lose any significant amount of fat from my abdominal area - and so far I haven't. Time will tell.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote