Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FlyNavyWife
Stats: Current: 133 lbs / Goal: 120 lbs
WOE: Primal
Haha, all right Phyllis. You can call me Emily if you want. My mother's taken to calling me Joyful though because of my site Joyful Abode, so I "answer to either one" hehe.

I've never been able to have caffeine... it has always done bad things to me. Just made me feel really awful, hot, jittery, almost like my insides are vibrating (my little sister gets the same way on caffeine). So decaf it is for me. I don't have it often but I do like it now and then. My husband and I will sometimes make some for an after-dinner drink and since it's decaf, it's fine for that. Really nice.

What are the grams on your Fat/Protein/Carbs? As long as you got enough protein (at least 60g or so) I think your numbers look FANTASTIC.
FlyNavyWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #902
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 192 pounds
Emily -- didn't see your post earlier. My shingles nerve pain got so bad this afternoon I gave in and took the pain medicine and it puts me to sleep.

The number breakdown is:

Fat 73.3g
Protein 106.03
Carb 19.7

I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this. Now I just need to plan out my meals better. Especially when I won't have the luxury of just grabbing shakes and have to THINK about it. Oh, now that's scary.
lovemygrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #903
Senior LCF Member

Oh no! I'm sorry about your pain. Nerve pain is the worst. I understand because I have Raynaud's and when I get cold I have the WORST pain in my thumb... nerve pain. Something about constricting blood vessels or something... it's ridiculous and there's nothing I can do about it.

In good news though your numbers look PERFECT. Keep that up and I'm sure you'll be losing in no time. Meals are easy - just pick a meat, a fat, and a low-carb veggie. Use whatever spices you're in the mood for and voila! Meal!
I have a lot of recipes on my website if you're interested. But for this 2 weeks since it's just me, I'm keeping it simple.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #904
Senior LCF Member

So update... last night I got hungry again after my shake so I had an ounce of Brie and some pepperoni... upping the calories and fat (and protein).

BUT.
This morning I weighed myself and the scale gave me a solid 129. Now don't get all excited and think that I lost 4 pounds... The 133 measure was about a week ago and I may have just been having a fat day. But "usual" for me lately is around 130-132. So it's at LEAST a pound lost so far. AND... my waist measurement was 28 today as opposed to 29 when I started. WOOT.
If I could get down to 27" on my waist I'd be super happy (also if my thighs would shrink a little so I could fit them into all those cute pants hanging in my closet from 2 years ago).
Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

You are a wonderful size, but I totally understand wanting to fit into clothes hanging in the closet. We moved recently and I dragged all my "skinny" clothes with me, and my husband wanted to know what I was keeping them for -- I think that was part of my motivation to get this weight off. Also, my daughter-in-law took a picture of me and posted it on her Facebook page. I was swinging with my 4-year-old grandson and all you could see in it was my big butt hanging off the back of the swing. I thought - OMG I didn't know I looked that bad. My grandkids range from age 15 to 1 year. The older ones remember me in my thinner days when I could get down on the floor and play with them. These younger ones only hear, "Meeme can't get down there and play cars or play Barbies." I just want to lose weight and get healthy again. After being sick so long, it's just time.

Well, my good news is that 2 pounds I lost yesterday were still gone today! Yipee!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #906
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah, I don't think I'm huge or anything like that... I just have been smaller before (as an adult) and it felt and looked better and dangit those are nice pants!

I did get rid of a LOT of "skinny" clothes of mine though, mostly because I'm in a new phase of life and don't want to revert back, so it was largely symbolic. heh. But some of those pants are just SO nice I don't care what "stage" I'm in. haha.

Photographs can be really depressing can't they? It's pretty crazy how just one "snap" in time can tell so much. I bet your grandkids are a huge motivator for you!

And congrats on the 2 pounds being a solid loss!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #907
Senior LCF Member

It's past 11pm and I'm just now having my second shake. I didn't have dinner until 7... I wasn't hungry and then I was distracted by running errands, so it happened when it happened.
I also had a few raspberries - yum!

The boy I babysit is getting over pneumonia and his parents are going on a date tomorrow (the dad is going on a ship for a couple weeks so they need a nice evening together) so I'm going to sit tomorrow evening. Should be nice - he is a sweet kid.
And I'm sitting for them Saturday too. Tuesday I have orientation for the licensing process for family child care - exciting I guess. I hope the process goes quickly.

Guess I'm being overly chatty, but... I miss my husband.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #908
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry your missing your husband. When my husband travels in his job, I hate it. That's usually when I would eat whole bags of chips and gallons of ice cream. That was BEFORE 9-22-09 I will add. :-}

My good news.......1 more pound gone today. I couldn't believe that scale said 172!!!

I'm trying to think ahead to next week because I know it's going to be hard for me to do the meat weeks. I will probably do one shake a day. I really don't care for eggs unless they have tons of veggies wrapped in an omelet, so not sure what I'm going to eat. Love chicken and hamburger patties, but that will get old for two weeks. Well, gotta think about this.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #909
Major LCF Poster!

6WC -- where is everbody

It would be great if the ones still doing the 6WC would check in. I looked over at the other thread "Life After 6WC" and there's a ton of people still posting. I think most of the people who were interested in this have done the 6 weeks and moved over to the other thread.

Just wondering how many out there are working their way through these six weeks.

I am starting Day 1 of the second week. So far going great. Have lost 3 pounds after a long stall so I am thrilled with that.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #910
Senior LCF Member

Phyllis, you are doing so great!!!

Do you like pork chops? Fish? I LOVE broiled salmon or tuna filets.

For my meat meals I have been eating a rotisserie chicken, doing different things with the meat - you could put some on a salad or in a stir-fry, or make a soup with it. I have scrambled it into eggs (but it's mostly chicken, not mostly eggs) and topped with hot sauce. Thought about warming some up with chili and cumin and a little water to make a taco-meat type thing...topping with cheese maybe?

Also, I bought a little cornish hen which I'll probably cook up with lemon pepper sometime.
And I got some ground beef to eat too... there are a million things you can do with ground beef to make it taste different and get some variety.
I wouldn't worry about the meat weeks if I were you! So many choices.

It would be nice if other people doing 6wc would write here... but it seems like maybe we're the only ones who are "current." It seems like the other people on the other thread are beyond week 6, even if they're still doing alternate shake/meat weeks or whatever.

This morning I weighed 128. WOOT. So another pound for me too! Nice feeling to be under 130 again. I got down to 124 a few months ago but it didn't last long.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Emily. I haven't been walking much, but I'm going to try to get up out of this chair more today. It's hard when sitting in front of the computer is how you make a living. I just get carried away in these transcripts, and before I know it three hours have gone by and I haven't moved anything but my fingers! Don't think that counts as exercise.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #912
Senior LCF Member

Maybe you could get one of those bike pedal things to go under your desk? hehe. But yeah, walks are awesome. I will take my dog for a walk when it warms up a little...still pretty chilly right now.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

So those other posts freaking out about buffalo wings (one person wondering how many carbs, the other person getting made fun of by coworkers) really made me crave some hot wings! HAHA.

So tonight I'm gonna finish off my rotisserie chicken... I just picked the rest of the meat off the bones so it's ready to go. I'm gonna toss it with Frank's Red Hot sauce mixed with butter and dip in my homemade Ranch dressing. Mmmmmm!!!! So glad I have this forum to give me yummy ideas.
And I will be GLAD to be finished with that chicken. I've been eating it for 5 days now.
(And today's portion will be really large - usually I'm around 5oz to feel satisfied but there's a little under 7 1/2oz but I just want to be done with it so I'll eat it all. haha)

Still haven't eaten yet today. Last night since I wanted to try out my other flavor of protein powder I ended up eating pretty late... something like 11pm, so it's only been about 14 hours. Still a respectable fast!
I'll probably eat in an hour or two (maybe take my dog for a walk first - we both need the exercise). Then I'm babysitting tonight and I'll take a double serving of protein shake with me w/coconut milk. It's gonna be a higher calorie day compared to the rest of the week but I think I need that... it's been a bit low.

Today will be:
Fat: 62%
Protein: 34%
Carbs: 4%

Still in pretty crazy ketosis. I've never experienced "keto-breath" before this week...it's ridiculous. I keep brushing my teeth. haha.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #914
Senior LCF Member

Had my buffalo chicken and ranch. It wasn't as good as I had imagined, I think mostly because it is CHICKEN and I'm sick of CHICKEN because that's all I've eaten this week. Good thing I can start on BEEF tomorrow. hehe. Yay!

Going to go take the dog for another walk before I get ready to go babysit. I hope they aren't out too late tonight because I need to clean up some stuff... I've been lazy the last couple days and the mess is starting to get to me. I mean, I've kept up with washing dishes but I haven't put them away, and there is a pile of mail on the counter, and some boxes from packages I've gotten on the floor... nothing disgusting; I just need to straighten it up.

I'm gonna bring that shake with me when I go babysit. Mmm.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #915
Major LCF Poster!

I finally made that recipe with cauliflower "Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes". It was so good I had to force myself not to go back for seconds. Now I know one side dish I can make Thanksgiving that I can eat. I will have to make dressing (I'm from Arkansas and we call it dressing down here instead of stuffing). But that doesn't mean I have to eat it, right?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #916
Senior LCF Member

Or you could make a different kind of stuffing that's just mostly nuts and fruit. mmm.

Just got home and it's pretty late... and i have to babysit in the morning so bed soon.
But I had my double protein shake tonight after the kiddo went to bed, and then a friend called and asked if I could meet her and some other girls at a restaurant. So when the parents came home I went to meet them and just had a diet coke (told them I already ate... when technically I already drank, but they don't know that. hehe.)

Successful-ish night. Cause the diet coke has caffeine and now I'm starting to feel it in a not-so-great way. I'll drink a bunch of water though and I should be fine. I didn't drink TOO much of it.

AND one of the girls asked us about Thanksgiving plans (I'd been meaning to ask them but kept forgetting) and we are going to her house for T'Giving, and another girl who was there volunteered to make the turkey. So YAY! I will get to make some sort of wonderful low-carb sides and take a break from hosting/turkey making this year. Woot! Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving to me!
Now to decide what to make... hmm...
Old 11-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #917
Senior LCF Member

Getting ready to go babysit again today. I'll bring a protein shake with me to drink while kiddo is sleeping, and when I get home (around 4:30 probably) I'll make dinner - not sure what yet - and possibly have another protein shake later if I want.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #918
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
I am doing shakes/1 meal today...and I also hope to catch up on all your wonderful posts!
So exciting!

Be back later...

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #919
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Phew! I just read and read as fast as I could!

A couple of things, we call my mom and my mother-in-law Mimi or the Meems! lol

And the cauliflower is delish. I baked a large casserole with green beans and white pepper and a small portion of cheese to bind it. So yummy. An excellant side dish for most occassions.

I am here now. I keep going back and forth, trying to get my groove going. My undecisivness (s?) is not going to help me make progress! lol

Anyway, looks like we are grilling tuna for lunch today. I will have some type of veggie and fat. Then 2 shakes.

Off to ******.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Stevie. What are you being indecisive about?

I just messed up today's plan a bit. Made the boy some peanut butter crepes to get him to eat some eggs. I ate two. Yummmm. But just glad I stopped there. There are two more but I'm not touching them. Still have my shake in the fridge.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #921
Senior LCF Member

Sooo... I had those crepes, then my shake, then when I got home I was ravenous. So I made a burger out of 4 oz of ground beef mixed with an egg and cheddar cheese with seasoned salt, and topped it with sour cream and caramelized onions. Then I was still hungry so I had pepperoni and brie and a few raspberries.

On the one hand I feel like a huge pig, but on the other hand i REALLY didn't eat THAT much food. It's around 1400 calories for the day which is actually pretty good. So awesome! I might even have another snack before bed. haha. I'm still hungry and I think it's a good idea to listen to my body. Just gotta decide what to have. hmm.

Babysitting was mostly good today but kiddo didn't get a good nap in. He woke up after about 30 minutes in tears because his socks weren't next to his shoes. We fixed that problem and then he couldn't get back to sleep but spent another hour and a half or so in bed talking to himself and singing songs.

No babysitting tomorrow or Monday, and then Tuesday I go to another town to do a childcare orientation.
Also, the mom I've been sitting for asked me if it was okay to pass my name on to other parents who need a sitter. Uh, YES it's okay. It could take 6 months to get licensed for childcare in my home and I need work!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday-6WCers

Happy Monday fellow 6WCers. How is everyone doing? I am still down in weight, but gained back a pound this morning As long as I keep under that 175 month long stall I was in, I'll be happy.

I was so happy over the weekend to get into a Size 14 jeans that are practically new. I was in a size 18 when I started LC back in September, then was in a tight 16 when I moved to 6WC, then gradually a little looser. I decided over the weekend to try on the size 14. They are tight, but, heck, I wore them proudly!!

I am debating with myself about moving on to the meat/egg weeks 3 and 4. I went over to Dr. Eades blog about the 6WC, and someone asked him if you could continue the shakes/meal and his answer was it wouldn't hurt. I am doing so well, I just hate to change things up (besides I just don't think I can eat that much meat.) I'm supposed to start Week 3 Wednesday, so I think I'll do a shake in the morning, try some kind of meat at lunch, and then see if I can do another meat meal, and if not try a shake. I think the real goal those two weeks is to get your carb count level down really low.

The other thing is you're supposed to give blood, and for other health reasons I cannot donate blood, so not sure what I'm supposed to do. If you need to donate blood to get rid of these toxins, how am I going to get rid of them now? Will they just recirculate and land back in my liver??

What I love about low carb eating is that you really do get to eat real food (not rabbit food). I went on this to break a stall and plan to go back to my LC eating. I really do like the shakes though, so I might keep them in.

Well, I guess I meant to write a book this morning. I hope someone reading this knows if the Eades had an alternative suggestion if you can't donate blood.

Whatever, I am soooooooo glad to be back in my 14 jeans!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
Hi all,

well I've been doing a moderated version of weeks 3 and 4, mostly because my schedule at work is such that eating a meal is at times almost impossible. So I've been doing 2-3 shakes + 1 meal Mon-Fri and then meat and small portion of LC veggies on weekends. I've come to the conclusion that my body will lose weight on the shake weeks but not so much during the meat weeks.

I picked up 2lbs of water weight between Saturday and this morning so I'm back on the 3 + 1 for the week.
maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Phyllis, I'm wondering the same thing about giving blood.... I have tiny veins that are really hard to "access" and very slow bloodflow, so even if I have to just give a vial of blood for tests at the doctor, it takes FOREVER, a LOT of pokes, and I end up bruised and in tears. I'd LIKE to give blood but I'm not sure it's really feasible for me.

Today I weighed at 129 which isn't any lower than before (I saw 128 briefly earlier) but I'm okay with it. I'm just glad to be back in the 120s ... 132-133 was making me nervous. Got a few more days before my husband gets back, so I'll make the most of it!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Donating Blood not an option

Since donating blood isn't an option for me, I'm just not going to worry about it. I feel so much better this week. My weight is at 172 (hooray) and I'm still in those size 12 jeans, so my world is a happy place.

Emily -- my gosh, you weigh 129? That's awesome. Are you enjoying the shakes?

I'm still getting my mind wrapped around Week 3 which should start tomorrow. I wish I had the book. I'd like to know how many carbs exactly we are allowed to have with our meat per meal or a total carbs per day. Since I don't care for meat that much, if I can just add a few sauteed mushrooms or peppers or onions, I'll be able to do it. Oh, my gosh, they didn't cut out butter, did they???
Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #926
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! Yes, the shakes are good. I've been boring with them lately... just a scoop of vanilla praline, 2 Tbsp coconut milk, and some water shaken up in my blender bottle. But they're yummy. This morning I made up a double shake and it kept me full for a while!

I think the book says not to eat onions during the meat weeks other than green onions but maybe I'm mistaken - I don't have it either. Maybe someone else will chime in. And I think butter is okay.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #927
Senior LCF Member

This morning I'm 128.5... so basically the whole time I've been between 128 and 129. I'll take it. At least it's lower than the 130s.

I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight - not sure where - but will try to keep it lowish carb. I'm not gonna avoid veggies though, so it will probably be higher than usual (since basically the only vegs I have in my house right now are onions!) but that's okay.

I have also been craving fried zucchini. Not exactly the healthiest thing in the world but I might go find some today. I've been thinking about it for like 3 days now. haha.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #928
Major LCF Poster!

Emily - how do you fry your zucchini? I have some in the fridge was thinking about roasting them in the oven. I like to put zucchini, squash, onion, peppers on a skewer like you use on a BBQ grill, brush with oil and bake about 30 minutes on 400. If I have chicken I put that on there, too. Boy of boy, that's good.

I found out on Week 3 and 4 you are only supposed to have 6-7 grams net carbs per meal with the meat/eggs. I'll have to be creative. But I've been thinking about staying on the shake week a little longer. I was down another pound today to 171. I am so close to getting out of these 170s.

Wanted to tell you there is another thread that's been going on about 3 years called Advantage Shakes (or something like that) where they are doing 2 shakes and 1 LC meal. It is in the Maintain Lane. Even though it says Maintain Lane, there are people there that are still in ongoing weight loss. I enjoyed reading all the threads from when it started.

Well, gotta get back to work. I don't think there's many people still doing the 6WC. Most have finished and moving on I think.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #929
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on getting down another pound! That's exciting.

I don't fry my zucchini... I go find it in a restaurant. haha. I love cooking zucchini but usually end up stir-frying it in some coconut oil, EVOO , or bacon grease. It's good on the grill or in the oven too.
Your skewers sound really yummy too!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #930
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1981/396
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
6 week cure, what happens after 6 weeks?

I ordered this book from Amazon and am still waiting for it to get here. So the only thing I know about this diet so far is what i have read here. I am thinking of trying it for a change of pace but one thing bothers me. If I'm understanding you have shakes 2-3 X a day and one meal.. What happens when you go back to eating normal lc meals?
dixiegal is online now   Reply With Quote