Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
I couldn't make it all the way through I have my PP on order, and will be starting when it arrives. I'm already drinking half-caf, so I'll be adding in decaf more and more as this week progresses till I'm straight decaf.....that's allowed isn't it?

I had lost over 100 pounds of Atkins, then took a nosedive over the past few months and gained half of it back. I don't know if it's because of menopause, but I just can't seem to get back on. So, I'm taking a nosedive in the opposite direction

Congrats on your loss! This is definitely getting me back on track, it's simple and it works... the one thing I noticed though is don't really change the power up shake recipe...I started to add things in such as guar gum to try and thicken the shake and stalled for about 2 days. Went back to the original recipe and started losing again.

Decaf is allowed (thank goodness!) and it doesn't seem to interfere with weight loss.

Welcome aboard, we'll go through this together!

ETA: I found that I'm having trouble getting the 3rd shake in so what I have done is for this "shake" only I've been taking 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries (blueberries would work as well) protein powder (I use egg white) dash of vanilla flavour and 2 tbps of coconut cream (that's the milk part that separates from the water...not the sweetened kind used in pina coladas) blend it in the bullet and add a drop or 2 of water as needed. This ends up making "ice cream" for me and is yummy! (I only use fruit in this one shake and take it from the evening meal)

Last edited by maile; 10-20-2009 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: add recipe
maile is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #812
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hey peeps.
I wanted to say..I am holding my loss and was actualy surprised to even get a little off the hips. Which is funny cuz my hips are stubborn. I was 37" forever. I had to do a double check to see 36".

I am still trying to incorprate the shakes and meat meals..not sure really where I am going with this. lol

I thought of JUDDD but I have not read enough to know yet.Then again I am also leaning on not doing a plan per say but doing my own thing. sigh

Here I am today.

Today I am eating steak, mushrooms and merlot (dinner) plus two shakes.

These last few pounds are STUBBORN!

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile View Post

ETA: I found that I'm having trouble getting the 3rd shake in so what I have done is for this "shake" only I've been taking 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries (blueberries would work as well) protein powder (I use egg white) dash of vanilla flavour and 2 tbps of coconut cream (that's the milk part that separates from the water...not the sweetened kind used in pina coladas) blend it in the bullet and add a drop or 2 of water as needed. This ends up making "ice cream" for me and is yummy! (I only use fruit in this one shake and take it from the evening meal)
This sounds delicious! Hubby is going to do this with me, as at 59 YO, he has a "beer belly" (he doesn't drink beer!) Something treat-like will help us get through!
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I'm about half way through this thread I see a lot of conversation on calories. What kinds of counts are you all aiming for in each of the phases?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #815

Gallery: melsybop
Stats: praying in the Grotto
WOE: waiting for the prayers to take hold
Start Date: no time like now
Quote:
Ok, I'm about half way through this thread I see a lot of conversation on calories. What kinds of counts are you all aiming for in each of the phases?
I am only on day 4 and have not been keeping track..I change my shakes up too much to keep track.

But 3 days down, 3 pounds down.I am keeping it.

I am having a hard time with my protein powder because of the stevia in it..I HATE the taste..and no matter how many things I put in it to mask the taste I an STILL taste it.And at almost 35$ I am using it if it kills me
melsybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hey peeps.
I wanted to say..I am holding my loss and was actualy surprised to even get a little off the hips. Which is funny cuz my hips are stubborn. I was 37" forever. I had to do a double check to see 36".

I am still trying to incorprate the shakes and meat meals..not sure really where I am going with this. lol

I thought of JUDDD but I have not read enough to know yet.Then again I am also leaning on not doing a plan per say but doing my own thing. sigh

Here I am today.

Today I am eating steak, mushrooms and merlot (dinner) plus two shakes.

These last few pounds are STUBBORN!

Great job Stevie!
You and I are in the same boat. I am doing a shake/meal thing now also. I want to lose a bit more weight. I am going to weigh in at some point this week. I just have not been focused on the scale since being on this which is cool. I had amazing success with this and think it is an excellent starting point for anyone. Today I am doing a shake day because it gives me focus. I am going to start a thread for anyone who wants to post about life after the 6 week cure!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Homestretch-I would be interested in a thread for after the 6 weeks, I still have some confusion as to whether what I am doing affect the VAT-it seems to be helping-I am having a shake day every other day.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsybop View Post
I am only on day 4 and have not been keeping track..I change my shakes up too much to keep track.

But 3 days down, 3 pounds down.I am keeping it.

I am having a hard time with my protein powder because of the stevia in it..I HATE the taste..and no matter how many things I put in it to mask the taste I an STILL taste it.And at almost 35$ I am using it if it kills me
Bummer! I have stevia in mine and for once it doesnt taste like c-r-a-p.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Great job Stevie!
You and I are in the same boat. I am doing a shake/meal thing now also. I want to lose a bit more weight. I am going to weigh in at some point this week. I just have not been focused on the scale since being on this which is cool. I had amazing success with this and think it is an excellent starting point for anyone. Today I am doing a shake day because it gives me focus. I am going to start a thread for anyone who wants to post about life after the 6 week cure!
Well last night I sure enjoyed date night. Today I am ready to rock because Halloween is a party here.

Yes, I would be interested in a new thread..because I am not doing 6 week but I am using principals.

I will bounce between threads.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Just4me: Thanks for the info on the supplements...I am thinking it would be the way to go if they are complete with all the amounts we would need. DH spends more on his Bio35 than $40 so I can justify it LOL
OH and thanks for the clarification on the pants size LOL I really thought I had gone wacko there!
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
W5D4

Hey All,

I wrapped up week for with no change in stats. I am okay with that, I have been exercising and eating vlc, throwing in a shake here and there. I can see a change in my body composition, even if the scale and measuring tape refuse to.

I have learned a lot of valuable lessons during this journey... My weeks 5 & 6 will really be a repeat of weeks 3 & 4... with an occasional shake, especially for breakfast.
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Hey All,

I wrapped up week for with no change in stats. I am okay with that, I have been exercising and eating vlc, throwing in a shake here and there. I can see a change in my body composition, even if the scale and measuring tape refuse to.

I have learned a lot of valuable lessons during this journey... My weeks 5 & 6 will really be a repeat of weeks 3 & 4... with an occasional shake, especially for breakfast.
Join us on the "life after" thread. I am also bouncing between that thread and this one. Still using may of the princ. we learned.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Hey All! I'll see you on the "life after thread".

I'm making Snaggle's recipe from post # 514 for dinner tonight.. can't wait it sounds so delish

Last edited by NGJ26; 10-24-2009 at 01:40 PM..
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Natasha, I hope you like the pork!
I had to go back and see what it was, I couldn't remember....lol. I may have to make that one again. I was pretty quick and with my plan now, I can add the hominy and sour cream.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
Start Date: August 2014
I don't think I'm going to be able to do this, guys. I have had terrible diarrhea for days. I feel very nauseous while drinking them, too. I'm going to seek another path, maybe go back to protein power. Good luck to all of you!
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I don't think I'm going to be able to do this, guys. I have had terrible diarrhea for days. I feel very nauseous while drinking them, too. I'm going to seek another path, maybe go back to protein power. Good luck to all of you!
That may be the protein powder you are having....check the ingredients, casein and lactose are sometimes added into whey protein powder (ie the "body for life" ones have tons of lactose) Lactose in particular can cause D.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarmicWhimsy
WOE: generic low carb
Well, I really like this plan. I've lost an inch on my waist, and some pounds too! And I feel better.
KarmicWhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #828
Senior LCF Member

OH yuck Carol Ann. It might also be the Splenda if you aren't used to it.
Goood luck in figuring it out

Congrats Diane...that is great!

Bye the way I got an email for Dr E's blog that the new Middle Age Middle blog is ready to launch....hope it is soon as I have some questions I want to ask
Old 10-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
Start Date: August 2014
I'm wondering if I'm lactose intolerant. Those two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream I've been using in each shake may be the culprit. I say that because the stomach upset seems to happen at a lesser level when I have some milk or ice cream. I hate to give up on the diet. I'm wondering if I can replace the cream with maybe coconut oil or some other oil. Hmmm I may just try that.

I checked on my whey protein powder container and I didn't see casein but it may be in it. I did notice that every time I have a shake at lunch, I can barely keep my eyes open for the next 2 or 3 hours. I found on the container that there is tryptophan in it. It mentioned that it is naturally occurring but I don't want to get so sleepy in the middle of the day! I've been using the Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart because it's cheap. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay more for a better brand.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.-William Arthur Ward
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
I'm wondering if I'm lactose intolerant. Those two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream I've been using in each shake may be the culprit. I say that because the stomach upset seems to happen at a lesser level when I have some milk or ice cream. I hate to give up on the diet. I'm wondering if I can replace the cream with maybe coconut oil or some other oil. Hmmm I may just try that.

I checked on my whey protein powder container and I didn't see casein but it may be in it. I did notice that every time I have a shake at lunch, I can barely keep my eyes open for the next 2 or 3 hours. I found on the container that there is tryptophan in it. It mentioned that it is naturally occurring but I don't want to get so sleepy in the middle of the day! I've been using the Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart because it's cheap. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay more for a better brand.
You could be lactose intolerant, my son has been since birth and reacts more to ice cream than cheese but still reacts to both.

I can't do dairy either so I use an egg white protein powder and coconut milk for the shake. Unfortunately here in Canada the egg white pp is hard to find so if I run out I use ISO Breeze which definitely does not have lactose or casein.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Maile, how is it going? We're STILL waiting for our powder. Hopefully this week. I already returned the book to the library.....wish I hadn't. Seems I think I'll remember more than I ever do!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Although not as high in fat you could also use Almond Breeze instead of the cream. Or leave the milk/cream out and just add a bit more fat like coconut oil?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maile, how is it going? We're STILL waiting for our powder. Hopefully this week. I already returned the book to the library.....wish I hadn't. Seems I think I'll remember more than I ever do!!
going pretty good, but had the "evil" caffeine today...our carbon monoxide monitor went off last night so had no sleep!

having said that I'm down about 5 pounds in 10 days and 2 inches off my waist!

I know what you mean about the book, I was going to borrow it and then realized I'd forget and want to check it again so it was off to amazon for me!

For the most part I quite like this WOE, there are times that I've wanted to chew my lunch but especially at work this is quite handy. I'll be moving onto weeks 3&4 soon but I will still have the shake for lunch Mon-Fri.

Last edited by maile; 10-26-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: random thoughts
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #834

Hi

if you see the blog the Eades are going to do for the Cure, would you kindly post it for us?

Also, I could be 100% wrong but I thought I read Michael Eades said the coconut oil is not a product to use instead of HWC or coconut milk. If I find it I will post it.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
Hi All, Just an update. I did Weeks 1 and 2 by the book and lost 5 lbs and a good 1 1/2 inches off my waist. Weeks 3 and 4 weren't so good. I have maintained my loss but no further loss as I didn't stick to the plan and had small amounts of dairy as well as popcorn a couple of times (!!!). Oopsie. I really had a problem giving up dairy. I found the shake weeks so much simpler probably because it didn't require any thinking on my part.

All that said I'm thrilled that I've been maintaining at 159 lbs. I'm going to give this another go. I'm out of protein powder at the moment but I'm going to stock up on more and see if I can lose a couple more lbs.
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Week 3 day 1

so the results are in for the first 2 weeks, 6lbs down, 2 inches off my waist. So far I'm happy, more down would have been wonderful but given that for the past year + it's been steadily up instead of down I'll take it!!

so now it is the meat and no dairy weeks....strangely I was reluctant to eat food this morning, seems like the shakes rather agreed with me. because of my schedule at work will continue to do a shake at lunch with coconut milk(book says you can).

low-carb chick lady has your protein powder arrived?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Yep, today was day 1. I guess they taste OK....a dunkin donuts coolata they aren't With 3 shakes and dinner, though, I had near 1900 calories. Seems high, doesn't it?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

OH....and I went and BOUGHT the book, cause my memory IS non-existant!! Well worth the price for the peace of mind that I'm doing it right
Old 10-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep, today was day 1. I guess they taste OK....a dunkin donuts coolata they aren't With 3 shakes and dinner, though, I had near 1900 calories. Seems high, doesn't it?
I found myself adding extracts to bump up the flavour, Davinci syrups are made with splenda so they can be used. I really like the peach flavour

and yeah, I wonder about the calories but I lost
Old 10-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #840

I am going to do another round come Sunday.
I need to stock up on pumpkin pie spice for the vanilla shakes. Delish!

See you guys then.....