Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Stevie**I did do the shakes yesterday and did not have a problem at all. I have had a bit of a head cold and not a huge appetite so that probably helped. I am back on the meat plan today. I like doing the shakes and I will go back on the shake routine after this week so that I can keep losing. I have always wanted to get down to 148 and this has given me the push I needed to try to get there once again. Good luck!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Well I wrapped up Week 3 very strong . I am not measuring or weighing due to TOM... but I am wearing jeans that I can not usually wear comfortably at this TOM, right out of the dryer.... so I will have to wait to the end of week 4 to report any changes.

Congrats to everyone!!!
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #753
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarmicWhimsy
WOE: generic low carb
Considering that my life is in complete disarray, I'm doing great on this plan so far.

I'm into Week 2, eating the 3 shakes and a meal. Had to go buy another big container of protein powder today after work. I use the chocolate Designer Whey.

Since I've lost 3.5 pounds on Week 1, of course I think I should just be able to do that every week, LOL. (I know I know it doesn't work that way!).

Glad I have this thread to read and get support. Thanks guys!

Last edited by KarmicWhimsy; 10-13-2009 at 08:34 PM..
KarmicWhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #754
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Week 5, Day 5 - Shakes/Meal Plan~
A successful day was had yesterday. Looking for another today. Taking it day by day. I can see changes also.

How is everyone doing? The thread slowing down or is it just me? lol

Snaggle,
we are similiar! But I weigh more. I have a lot of muscles - genetics - so know that 150 is going to look just fine on me. How ya doing on JUDD? Are you guys back to it?

BABSY,
wonder what the reaction is from? Have you ever had reaction from whey protein? Welcome

Homestretch,
how is that headcold? I hate those things. lol

NGJ26,
thats the neat thing abut this program..the scale may not reflect the inch loss at all. I tried on a pair of skinny jeans yesterday that I dreaded before and they fit way better. Progress, progress, porgress.

KarmicWhimsy,
sorry things are in disarray...thats always frustrating. But kudos for working on YOU. Keep the momentum going.

Today:
weak coffee ( hot water, 8 ounces total of coffee with cream)
Shake 1: pumpkin ( big surprise. lol)
Shake 2: chocolate
Meal: pork ribs, cauliflower faux potato casserole
Shake: pumpkin

In between...hot tea. Sleigh Ride Sugar Cookie

Any lurkers wanting to get into this...pls come out and post.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flateyeball
Stats: 195.5/193/185
Start Date: 09/19/09
Hi all
I lost 5 lbs at first and then fell off the wagon, so we'll be starting from scratch again.
Here is a protein powder that is all natural (no artificial sweeteners) and inexpensive and 1g carbs, I don't know about the taste yet but that is the least of my concerns.

Whey Protein Unflavored

One thing that bothers me is the following statement on most of these protein powder boxes: "Do NOT use for weight reduction".
flateyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
StevieRenee-- yeah, we are back to Juddd. Started with a down day Mon. and am the same weight I have been for a while, 148. Yesterday was a big up day and
my sugar-a-holic darned hubby just couldn't control himself and got some cookie dough
last night. Not a good way to start! Of course, I caved at the smell of the cookies baking and ate two. RATS. I am back on a down day again today and am hoping that I don't pay the price tomorrow.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Seems that the initial excitement over this plan is fading LOL
I guess some just didn't get the results they had bargained on so they are off to different plans.
I am still waiting for my book to come so I hope some of you are still hanging around when I get ready to start! LOL

Congrats to the size 10's Stevie...I would love to fit into a size 10, vanity sized or not! LOL
I am thinking that this plan, like all the others, is dependent on if you are willing to stick to it strictly by the book or not, and even then you aren't guaranteed results are you?
I got an update on Dr's E's blog and he talks about, and shows a video, that is all about how effective different plans are for weight loss comparing Atkins to everything from Ornish's to the Zone and the upshot was that many people just don't stick with the plans so they aren't effective.

Anyway success to all this week!
Remind Myself...Being thin is better than anything else tastes right now!
Current: 162 down 43.6 from re-start

Exercise this week: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thus, Fri, Sat off , Sun

Last edited by Cathieinut; 10-14-2009 at 03:14 PM..
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #758
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost

I'm really busy getting ready for my trip. I'm on day 10 of the Meat Weeks, just plugging along. Friday will be my last day. I've got a coupon for a free breakfast at Mimi's Cafe so I'll be celebrating the end of my plan there Saturday morning. I've picked out a carb friendly entrée & plan on having plenty of coffee.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #759

I'm glad to see so much continuing success with the plan! Lots of shrinking going on in this thread!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #760

I do want to strongly suggest that anyone who is doing or considering doing this plan take measurements. The scale is simply useless when it comes to measuring fat loss.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
If it's slowing down can a newbie still join you

I started yesterday after reading this thread (the whole darn thing!) and the one on the PP site. I've done low carb most of my adult life to maintain weight, did a stint of hcg a couple of years ago. The hcg worked well and I kept it off but then last summer I got a double whammy of gluten intolerance and hypothyroid and since then am up about 40lbs without changing my diet

anyway on thyroid meds now and hoping to use this for a jump start!

I have to use egg white protein powder cause I can't handle the whey so I get it from true protein dot com (not affliated with them in anyway) but what's neat about it is I can do custom blends so you can add leucine into the mix if you want.
I'm going to get the book today and am looking forward to the journey with you all!
maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile View Post

I started yesterday after reading this thread (the whole darn thing!) and the one on the PP site. I've done low carb most of my adult life to maintain weight, did a stint of hcg a couple of years ago. The hcg worked well and I kept it off but then last summer I got a double whammy of gluten intolerance and hypothyroid and since then am up about 40lbs without changing my diet

anyway on thyroid meds now and hoping to use this for a jump start!

I have to use egg white protein powder cause I can't handle the whey so I get it from true protein dot com (not affliated with them in anyway) but what's neat about it is I can do custom blends so you can add leucine into the mix if you want.
I'm going to get the book today and am looking forward to the journey with you all!
Welcome!

Goodness! That is a lot of reading you've been doing!

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #763

Getting ready to go to water aerobics..and its raining. Die hard! hahaha

Cathie,
size 6 woman! Not a 10! LMAO! I am in a size 6 right now.
I got out of tens during the Spring by eating verty strict, no cheats. lol..
Ok, done braggin on myself.

Diamond Deb,
I love Mimi's cafe. Enjoy! You did good on the plan.

flateyeball,
lol, dont use for weight loss. Maybe they are afraid of lawsuits?

Snaggle,
I heart me some cookie dough. I actually have an entire tub in the fridge. I made cookies for the kiddo yesterday but did not cave. My big off plan day is in 2 weeks...Halloween morning and dinner. I can do it!

maile,
welcome! I know its slowed down but thats normal for many plans. I was hoping for a better outcome with weeks 3-4 but thats fine. We are all so differant. This is my first go around with any Eade's plan. Wishing you well.

I just had dinner...lol..a lot of dinner. We cooked roasted chickens (I ate 2 wings), grilled tuna seasoned with cajun spice ( I ate 1 oz) crock potted some corned beef ( I ate about 3 ounces) and I ate left over ribs with lc bbq sauce (Baby backs..about 4!) Needless to say, my calories today are the highest yet. I think in the 1800's! I only did 2 shakes.

FWIW, we rarely eat out and bulk cook proteins for the entire family. Today just happend to be one of those cook-in-bulk days. My fridge is loaded with legal, high quality proteins.

Ok, off to class.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #764
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Just4Me
Stats: Despairing/ Trusting/Content
WOE: knife+fork (and/or spoon)
Hi 6WeekGang!

I'm still here, still going strong. My scale continues to show NO loss after the first week (I'm now about to begin week 4, I think, or week 5, I can't remember---same week as Deb). But my jeans continue to feel looser and looser. I can't figure it out---but I ain't complainin'! lol If I lose zero pounds on the scale, but get down to a normal size, I guess I'll just figure I'm made of gold, right? lol

I've lost the formality of the program---I've now been doing shakes and meals, with no rigor to it. After this weekend, I'm getting back to the plan as written, as I don't want to mess with something that's working.

I did add caffeine back (tea) but went off again, as I feel better. Which also pretty effectively cuts my HWC addiction, and I noticed it was making me feel not as well, too---even just the 1 or 2 T in a shake, or in my tea.

I definitely feel better on the 3-and-1, and I think the reasons are: (1) way more protein than I can manage to eat as meat; and (2) slightly higher carbs. I've known for a while that I function optimally between 30-40 carbs. Since weeks 3 & 4 were supposed to increase nutrition, I've been adding an egg to each shake (YUM! and soooooooft skin, oh happy days!) and some extra coconut milk, and if I'm hungry, some extra powder, or a meat snack or 2 meals, or whatever.

I'll say this much: if I end up going down TWO jeans sizes without the scale changing more than the 1 lb it's bouncing around, I will officially say, after all these years and all the studying I've done in nutrition, that I am STUMPED. (but that won't be a complaint!)

Just4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #765
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: costa5
Hello everyone! Today is the first day of week 3 for me. I caved and started back on caffeinated coffee 2 days early. Just couldn't take it anymore although I know it is all psychological because I felt fine after the first few days.

Week 1 & 2 results:

weight: 151 to 145.4, -5.6
bust: 34 3/4 to 33 1/2, -1 1/4
chest (band-size measurement): 29 1/2, no change
waist: 28 to 27 1/2, -1/2
hips: 35 3/4 to 35 1/4, -1/2

BMI: 22.3 to 21.5, -.8

I never trust my measurements totally, but they are all consistently going in the downward direction so that is good!

Very much looking forward to real food at every meal this week. Dh is so funny - he actually had a shake for breakfast. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday party. I'm going to have a piece of cake. Hope it doesn't throw things off.
costa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #766
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: costa5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maile View Post
Hi there!

What is hcg?
costa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi Stevie, Deb and all!

I am still sticking to the program. I am not weighing this week but will again next Thursday or Friday. I am still on the meat phase and actually today would be my last day but I am going to keep going. I am either going back to the shakes for 2 weeks or I am going to do a combination of meat and shakes. I still have some weight that I want to lose. Since I am not on the scale I am going to guess that I would like to lose another 7-8 pounds to get to my new goal of 148.

Stevie, how has it been going back to the shakes? We will finish this thing together girl!!!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maile
Stats: 170/166.5/140 5'7"
WOE: PPLP and IF
Start Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by costa5 View Post
Hi there!

What is hcg?

Thanks to all for the welcome!

hcg is the very low calorie, low carb low fat diet where they inject you with "hcg - Human chorionic gonadotropin" which is a pregnancy hormone that encourages fat loss in place of lean muscle tissue (I had to google it to recall!) In Canada there are a series of "Dr Berstein's Weight Loss centres" that give the shots with a 500-700 calorie diet. It does work but is too darn hard to follow long term.

blew it slightly last night, had to take an ibuprophen at 3 am for a headache that wouldn't go away I'm going to get asprin today incase it comes back.

so far so good with the shakes, I have to admit what I love about this is the use of the coconut milk, I can't tolerate dairy so this is a great addition for me

btw, part of the reason I decided to do this was all of your encouraging stories so thanks in advance
maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Sorry Stevie I must have mixed you up with someone else! LOL
6 is much better than 10 for sizes
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #770

~Week 5, day 6 - Shakes,meal ~
Happy Thursday! So I went to aerobics and always feel good about that. My sleep however is in the tank. I have some things on my mind. There is this over-reactive-parent at Taekwondo thats seems to gun for my kiddo. Long story but her and my son rough house. He son lied and said my son attacked him. Well two witnesses ( parents) approached me and told me what happened. The two little boys were playing and one got hurt. The mother jumped all over my kid, told me all about it but played up her sons innocents. Anyway...grrrr....I was going over and over and over the confrontation I am going to have with her.

Vent over! lol

Homestretch,
shakes are going well. I am still enjoying them. I love the pumpkin so much. I also cut way back on the ice in them and just drink them down. I was getting really cold from the ice. And I am not weighing yet...I may way at the end (10-31) We shall see.

Just4Me,
hehhe - made of gold, I love it. Seems thats what this plan is all about...inch loss. Probably very hard for scale watchers. but for me, I am not! lol
I look in the mirro at all angles, put on tight jeans and gage how much muffin is there or not there. lol

costa5,
your measurements and bf are nice!! How much more do you wanna lose? You sound perfect to me!

maile,
plus this plan is cheaper the HGC, I think right? I read the diet threads once and I noticed its pricey. I wish you success on this plan to jump start.

By the way..we say this off and on..this is not a life plan. This is a jump start, and its an inch loss plan I think. Probaly like most plans, the more you have to lose, the more you will lose. My results will be differant from someone who has more then 25 pounds to go. I anticpate fighting tooth and nail to get these last pounds off cuz I am a woman, almost 46. Those factors weigh in, no pun intended.

Todays goal:
60 ounces of water
2 shakes: pumpkin and choclotae or maybe rootbeer.
Food: cauliflower casserole with roasted chicken, eaten with skin.

Hi to all who pop in...

PS: Deb...the President is supposed to go to New Orleans this week. I sure hope those that are still suffering get a leg up soon. I Louisiana. I have family all over that state.

eta..sorry for my spelling errors. I am in a rush.

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 10-15-2009 at 09:14 AM..
Old 10-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
W4D4

HEEELLLOO Everybody! I am still here and hanging pretty strong. I am so proud of this group and see we have some newbies! I just haven't had the time to give you all the personal attention you deserve. I hope to spend some more time with you all soon!

Take care,
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quitecontrary
Stats: 225.8/185/130
Start Date: August 2014
Hi, everybody!

I just got the book and I'm going to get started tomorrow. I half tried for a while from reading the posts here, but I felt I needed to read the book and get a proper start armed with more knowledge about the plan!

It's great to be here! Oh, and by the way. . .Hi, Moonius!
quitecontrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #773
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarmicWhimsy
WOE: generic low carb
Sort of looking forward to starting Weeks 3 and 4 on Monday, but a little nervous to leave the familiarity of the shakes and a meal.

I'm definitely going to have to break down this weekend and buy some sort of food scale. I'm not that great at eyeballing portions.

So far I've lost 1/2 inch on my waist, 1/2 inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my chest. Not too shabby.
KarmicWhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Hi, everybody!

I just got the book and I'm going to get started tomorrow. I half tried for a while from reading the posts here, but I felt I needed to read the book and get a proper start armed with more knowledge about the plan!

It's great to be here! Oh, and by the way. . .Hi, Moonius!
Welcome Carol Ann!

The book really does have a lot of details we don't have here. It also explains everything more.

Good luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #775

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
HEEELLLOO Everybody! I am still here and hanging pretty strong. I am so proud of this group and see we have some newbies! I just haven't had the time to give you all the personal attention you deserve. I hope to spend some more time with you all soon!

Take care,

I have been busy, too. I should be getting things out to pack. I am running out of time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmicWhimsy View Post
Sort of looking forward to starting Weeks 3 and 4 on Monday, but a little nervous to leave the familiarity of the shakes and a meal.

I'm definitely going to have to break down this weekend and buy some sort of food scale. I'm not that great at eyeballing portions.

So far I've lost 1/2 inch on my waist, 1/2 inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my chest. Not too shabby.
The food is pretty easy in weeks 3 & 4. It is the amount of food that has been tough for me. They should go up from what they are the first 2 weeks. Mine went down so having a food scale definitely helped me.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
~Week 5, day 6 - Shakes,meal ~
Happy Thursday! So I went to aerobics and always feel good about that. My sleep however is in the tank. I have some things on my mind. There is this over-reactive-parent at Taekwondo thats seems to gun for my kiddo. Long story but her and my son rough house. He son lied and said my son attacked him. Well two witnesses ( parents) approached me and told me what happened. The two little boys were playing and one got hurt. The mother jumped all over my kid, told me all about it but played up her sons innocents. Anyway...grrrr....I was going over and over and over the confrontation I am going to have with her.

Vent over! lol

PS: Deb...the President is supposed to go to New Orleans this week. I sure hope those that are still suffering get a leg up soon. I Louisiana. I have family all over that state.
Oh, that is awful! I'm sorry you've been losing sleep over it. I hate when that kind of thing keeps me awake. I hope you get some rest tonight.

I saw that Obama was there today. A lot has been done already but there was just so much detestation.

Have you decided for sure if you'll be going to Louisiana on your vacation? I've never been & it is one of the places on my must visit list.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #777

Costa, what great results! WTG!

J4M, you may indeed be made of gold! As long as you're losing inches, clothes are getting bigger, that is what counts. Congrats on your shrinkage!

Tomorrow is Day 12 of Meat Weeks for me, my last day.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
no, I have never been affected by Whey protein. I love the peanuter butter fudge made with it. I have been on this plan since Monday and I have lost as of today like two pounds. I ate some sausage for dinner tonight, so I expect an increase due to that. But, I will know by morning. I have been doing two atkins shakes. I think my stomach is shrinking, because I can hardly each much for dinner.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
I have to say that I have not had any alcohol either since I started this and I did not take insulin yesterday. My blood sugars with the insulin were runnin in the 200's and this morning I woke up with my sugar 170. I know its still high, but for not taking any insulin, it looks like it just might be goin down. I will not take insulin today either.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
"...and this morning I woke up with my sugar 170. I know its still high, but for not taking any insulin, it looks like it just might be goin down. I will not take insulin today either."

Why?!?
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote