Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #601
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Natasha, life is not about perfection. I just hope you enjoyed the meal rather than suffer guilt over it. That defeats the purpose of an indulgence.

Tril, WTG sticking to plan over the weekend! That was quite a challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Anyone know how to accurately count a devils egg recipe? Thinking I may make some for a coupleof days.

Need to get off my tush and get busy.
No clue. You'd just need to make sure they contain only allowed foods. If you want to track the calories you'd need to put the recipe into whatever program you use.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
Is anyone using D-Ribose???
I added it to all my shakes in weeks 1 & 2. I've used it before. It is really is good stuff.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Interesting..I was curious how Jimmy Moore and his wife were doing. Especially the wife since she is a girl. Anyway, he posted this and I think I am going to do this...

If you haven't reached your goal yet, then they encourage people to go back to Weeks 1-2 again at the end of Week 4. I may consider doing this...I'll decide by the end of the week.

Will depend on my inch loss by end of week 4.

PS: Mug Rootbeer.....has starch in it...grrrrrrrr
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #604

I've decided to get some egg protein powder for weeks 3 & 4. That will have leucine in it but I won't be consuming enough to add up to 6 - 8 grams so I am going to get some BCAA powder also.

I am most likely not going to do this plan again any time soon because of the cost of the protein powder.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #605

Quote:
Interesting..I was curious how Jimmy Moore and his wife were doing. Especially the wife since she is a girl. Anyway, he posted this and I think I am going to do this...

If you haven't reached your goal yet, then they encourage people to go back to Weeks 1-2 again at the end of Week 4. I may consider doing this...I'll decide by the end of the week.

Will depend on my inch loss by end of week 4.

PS: Mug Rootbeer.....has starch in it...grrrrrrrr
Yes, that is what they suggest in the book. Weeks 5 & 6 are maintenance so if you are not there yet you can go back to weeks 1 & 2. You can also alternate between the 3 + 1 weeks and meat weeks.

Starch in rootbeer? lol...of course, why not?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #606

FYI, if anyone is considering Jay Robb protein powder, whey or egg, I did some searching and Vitamin Shoppe stores have the lowest price. VS online does not seem to carry it.

Also, I found an egg protein powder at VS that is comparable to JR & less expensive. It's called Healthy 'N Fit Nutritionals 100% Egg Protein. It is made from egg whites, is sweetened with Stevia & has no carbs or fat. There are 12 servings per container at 24g protein each, 1972mg leucine & the price was $15.99.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 135, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Even in the week 3 & 4 version?

According to the list of weeks 3 & 4 veggies on pages 282 - 283 in the book the only onion we can have is green onion.
Yes... the recipes stay the same for all weeks, except for a few modifications. At the end of each recipe it will state "meat week variation" ... plus "maintenance", "flavor", "time saving", "vegetarian" and "beef free" variations.

The meat week variations say things "omit the cheese" or "omit the apple/carrot, increase the celery and add olives". The only meat week variation I could find that omitted the onion was the Very Chickeny (or Beefy) Vegetable Soup. The meat week variation for that soup is to omit the carrot and onion and use 4 celery stalks... and substitute fresh baby spinach for the zucchini.

So... just be sure to check the tips at the end of a recipe if you're beyond the first two weeks.

I don't think the substitute lists at the back of the book are complete. And they aren't acceptable food lists, either. Another "I wish they had included...." item.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tril, WTG sticking to plan over the weekend! That was quite a challenge!
Thanks, DD! It feels good to meet a challenge like that and be successful. It makes me feel like I can stick to a plan no matter what. I feel stronger now.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Thanks, DD! It feels good to meet a challenge like that and be successful. It makes me feel like I can stick to a plan no matter what. I feel stronger now.
I love that feeling.

I have to admit I enjoy shocking friends and family by consistently saying no and not caving. They think I have superpowers.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #610
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Just4Me
Stats: Despairing/ Trusting/Content
WOE: knife+fork (and/or spoon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

Added an egg to my shake for the first time today... didn't even taste it. I am going to add an egg to 2 of my shakes everyday. Hopefully that will trigger some inches lost

Is anyone using D-Ribose???

I add the D-ribose to each of my shakes. When I first started, I was adding an egg to each shake, b/c the shakes are so much better. That first week also saw the best loss. Then I stopped with the eggs (ran out and my friend's hens were not cooperating until a week later), and didn't lose. Hmmm....correlation? Maybe, but what about causation? Hmmmm...... probably too many factors to say that, but it's still food for thought.
Just4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #611

Oooh, with everyone saying the leucine doesn't dissolve I was kind of concerned about that. The BCAA powder I got is instantized.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Quote:
Peanuts & peanut butter are not allowed on this plan. I suggest skipping them. I did not miss where peanuts are allowed did I?

If anyone wants to add coconut candy to increase calories I suggest just mixing in whatever extract & sweetener or syrup you want & stick it in the freezer. It can be on a cookie sheet or on waxed paper or even on a plate or in a bowl.
No, I am sure you didn't miss it. I know he has a few nuts in recipes in the book, although not peanuts. The amount I use for this recipe normally (when not on this plan) is the two tsp., but when I made it this week, I went with the one tsp. With the brand I use (which only contains peanuts and salt), that comes out to be under 1 net carb for the entire batch, and usually the batch makes 4 servings. I really have a hard time believing that this could really make any difference in the outcome of the plan, but I apologize if I mislead anyone into believing this was a recipe that was completely on plan.

Again, one of my frustrations in the book is the lack of specific guidelines. Nuts is one of them. There is no mention of how they fit or do not fit in the plan, that I could find, besides the three recipes that contain them.
For me, the bark has been a way to get my fat and calories up.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
No, I am sure you didn't miss it. I know he has a few nuts in recipes in the book, although not peanuts. The amount I use for this recipe normally (when not on this plan) is the two tsp., but when I made it this week, I went with the one tsp. With the brand I use (which only contains peanuts and salt), that comes out to be under 1 net carb for the entire batch, and usually the batch makes 4 servings. I really have a hard time believing that this could really make any difference in the outcome of the plan, but I apologize if I mislead anyone into believing this was a recipe that was completely on plan.

Again, one of my frustrations in the book is the lack of specific guidelines. Nuts is one of them. There is no mention of how they fit or do not fit in the plan, that I could find, besides the three recipes that contain them.
For me, the bark has been a way to get my fat and calories up.
I blame the editor for the lack of specific info. Dr. Eades mentioned that what they wanted got over-ridden by what the editor wanted a few times. Like specific amounts.

I'm assuming that if it isn't on a list it is not on the plan. I'm not using any of the recipes so I'm not spending much time looking at them. If they are used in the recipes in small amounts I agree they should be fine to use in yours.

Nuts are rather like cheese in that it is extremely easy to overdo but in a recipe they will be easier to control. If they are in the candy you make you'll want to be extra careful of how much of it you eat.

It does send a lot of mixed messages.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #614

Hope you all have a successful Weds..looks like LCF is shutting down tomorrow.

Be good!

Talk to you all on Thursday.

Stevie
Old 10-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #615

Quote:
Hope you all have a successful Weds..looks like LCF is shutting down tomorrow.

Be good!

Talk to you all on Thursday.

Stevie
See you Thursday!

Wonder when they're going to pull the plug so to speak?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2008
This is day 3 of week one in my 6 week challenge. I feel a little bit better. Didn't get a headache until bedtime yesterday. I have noticed that I'm not as pleasant without caffeine in my system. I like doing the shakes during the day then I don't have to worry about what to eat for breakfast and lunch. Last night I had two steaks and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner. My weight had ballooned back up to 329 after a stressful September but this morning I'm down 8 pounds since Monday!
moonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Fluctuations... don't gotta love 'em, but ya do gotta live with 'em.

I'm down 1.5# this morning. I was busy yesterday and ate a lot less than usual... not sure if that's coincidental or not. I'd be happy if the trend continued, though. If it does, I might actually be able to show a loss of SOMETHING for weeks 3 & 4. Funny how some people lose the first two weeks... and others seem to lose the 2nd two weeks. I guess it was too much to expect to lose during both.

Don't mind me... it's dark and rainy today and I have to clean my house for another showing. I'd much rather stay in my jammies, cuddle on the couch with the dogs, read a good book and drink tea all day. Instead I'm cleaning clean bathrooms and washing clean floors... AGAIN... probably for people who are "just looking". UGH.

OH... I tried something new last night that came out good so I thought I'd share it. I'd taken a steak out of the freezer. It was old and kinda dried out. Certainly NOT going to be the most delicious steak ever... so I put it in a frying pan and seared it on both sides. Then I salted it, added water to the pan and covered it... and let it simmer. I added water two more times and cooked it this way for about an hour. It tastes like a POT ROAST and it's moist and flavorful. I love a pot roast, but they're usually so big... by the time I've finished it I'm sick of it. This steak will be two good servings for me.

Well... better get dressed and start cleaning.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
W3D3

Looks like I might get my post in before we shut down for the day... an advantage of being on the East Coast

DiamondDeb~ I just can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement and your research! I am so excited to hear about Jay Robb Egg protein powder at Vitamin Shoppe. I have one in the area and REALLY want to do the shakes for brekkie! This way I can save Bacon & Eggs for dinner.

Deb, do you think you could just at the D-Ribose to a glass of water?

Today I am happy, happy, I don't know why, I feel like I am on the edge of Ketosis my energy is really high. Yesterday after I answered that I didn't cut my calories, I ended up skipping lunch (wasn't hungry and was busy cooking for dinner and snacks) For dinner I had a grilled burger on a Rev Roll (made w/mayo no cheese), sauteed onion & mushrooms and a few cucumber slices.... this didn't quite fill me so I had another burger just on the plate with mayo.. and this was just slightly too much... so YES I am eating less calories, compared to before I started the Cure... and less than last week, as my shakes where pretty high calorie.
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #619

Were back up! Whoot!

Just a quick drive by..gotta go to the park for homeschool social time.

TOM should be departing today and I am at 158.5 - very happy.

MOON!!!
Wonderbar!

Talk to everyone later with personals.

Food today is chicken, chicken, chicken and a bit of veggie. lol
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Got back on plan ok, as advised by book, and you guys, and it has been fine. Even with the 2 extra amends days I will be done with phase I on Friday. I have lost wt and inches, not sure how much, but that should be clearer tomorrow, too. I am looking forward to the meat days, but will miss the ease of the shakes.
I am pretty sure I am not going into maintainence, too much left to lose, but will be doing something, maybe the every other day thing. Trying to figure out how I can make that work, the carbs will be no problem, I can live them minimized for a day;or both days.
If phase one is 30 carbs, and phase II is less than 20????is that what I think I am reading into all this. Now I am getting more confused.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
I am quite impressed with many of you really sticking with things so far.
I checked my library today and they don't have the book at all...girl at the desk said that if it is a new book then it might be a while until they get it. She did say that nutrition books are bought quite often as they are popular so maybe now that I have left a request they will get it sooner rather than later?
I keep looking at my middle aged middle and think maybe I should go ahead and buy it myself LOL
Good luck to you all
Remind Myself...Being thin is better than anything else tastes right now!
Current: 162 down 43.6 from re-start

Exercise this week: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thus, Fri, Sat off , Sun
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi everyone! Still here and still on plan. Just having an incredibly busy week. Will catch up on Friday (hopefully).
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
If phase one is 30 carbs, and phase II is less than 20????is that what I think I am reading into all this. Now I am getting more confused.
Yep..week 1-2 are 30 carbs - plus you can have cheese.

Week 3-4 are 20 carbs - no dairy, no cheese.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #624

Cathie,
I dont have the book. I just kinda went with it using this site and what I read on Jimmy Moores Blog and the Eades forum.

Hi Homestretch!
Thanks for checking in.

We grilled up a huge package of chicken thighs sprinkled with lots of seasonings. Delish. My carbs are still averaging 12ish. Thats fine by me.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #625

I've had a busy day, working on a lot of things here at home & it was SNARK Recap & Goal Setting Day. But I did want to check in & catch up before I head to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonius View Post
This is day 3 of week one in my 6 week challenge. I feel a little bit better. Didn't get a headache until bedtime yesterday. I have noticed that I'm not as pleasant without caffeine in my system. I like doing the shakes during the day then I don't have to worry about what to eat for breakfast and lunch. Last night I had two steaks and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner. My weight had ballooned back up to 329 after a stressful September but this morning I'm down 8 pounds since Monday!
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I like the shakes because they're easy, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Fluctuations... don't gotta love 'em, but ya do gotta live with 'em.

I'm down 1.5# this morning. I was busy yesterday and ate a lot less than usual... not sure if that's coincidental or not. I'd be happy if the trend continued, though. If it does, I might actually be able to show a loss of SOMETHING for weeks 3 & 4. Funny how some people lose the first two weeks... and others seem to lose the 2nd two weeks. I guess it was too much to expect to lose during both.

Don't mind me... it's dark and rainy today and I have to clean my house for another showing. I'd much rather stay in my jammies, cuddle on the couch with the dogs, read a good book and drink tea all day. Instead I'm cleaning clean bathrooms and washing clean floors... AGAIN... probably for people who are "just looking". UGH.

OH... I tried something new last night that came out good so I thought I'd share it. I'd taken a steak out of the freezer. It was old and kinda dried out. Certainly NOT going to be the most delicious steak ever... so I put it in a frying pan and seared it on both sides. Then I salted it, added water to the pan and covered it... and let it simmer. I added water two more times and cooked it this way for about an hour. It tastes like a POT ROAST and it's moist and flavorful. I love a pot roast, but they're usually so big... by the time I've finished it I'm sick of it. This steak will be two good servings for me.

Well... better get dressed and start cleaning.
I lost inches the first two weeks and I'm hoping to lose more during these weeks. The scale has nothing to do with my appearance so I really don't care what it does. Ignore it & it will go down in its own time.

I don't envy you having to keep your home ready to view like that. I hope you get a good offer soon.

That steak sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Looks like I might get my post in before we shut down for the day... an advantage of being on the East Coast

DiamondDeb~ I just can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement and your research! I am so excited to hear about Jay Robb Egg protein powder at Vitamin Shoppe. I have one in the area and REALLY want to do the shakes for brekkie! This way I can save Bacon & Eggs for dinner.

Deb, do you think you could just at the D-Ribose to a glass of water?

Today I am happy, happy, I don't know why, I feel like I am on the edge of Ketosis my energy is really high. Yesterday after I answered that I didn't cut my calories, I ended up skipping lunch (wasn't hungry and was busy cooking for dinner and snacks) For dinner I had a grilled burger on a Rev Roll (made w/mayo no cheese), sauteed onion & mushrooms and a few cucumber slices.... this didn't quite fill me so I had another burger just on the plate with mayo.. and this was just slightly too much... so YES I am eating less calories, compared to before I started the Cure... and less than last week, as my shakes where pretty high calorie.
Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy helping when I can.

Right now I'd say definitely try the Jay Robb egg protein powder. The other, less expensive stuff is horrible so far. I made the mistake of adding the BCAA powder to it yesterday & figured that was the problem. I added the last of my decaf to it today & that was bad, too. I'll have to try it plain tomorrow to know for sure.

The D-Ribose can be added to water, coffee, tea, anything. It is a sugar. I found it is not sweet enough to really sweeten my coffee though.. You could even just eat it off the spoon.

I worked on my food today & got my calories up higher than last week by adding extra butter/coconut oil when cooking my meals and having a shake with added egg, Enova Oil and coconut milk. While I got my calories up my protein is still lower than weeks 1 & 2. Hopefully I'll get that up tomorrow.

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 10-07-2009 at 10:45 PM..
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Got back on plan ok, as advised by book, and you guys, and it has been fine. Even with the 2 extra amends days I will be done with phase I on Friday. I have lost wt and inches, not sure how much, but that should be clearer tomorrow, too. I am looking forward to the meat days, but will miss the ease of the shakes.
I am pretty sure I am not going into maintainence, too much left to lose, but will be doing something, maybe the every other day thing. Trying to figure out how I can make that work, the carbs will be no problem, I can live them minimized for a day;or both days.

I'm looking forward to your results.

I was never planning to do the last two weeks either. AS it is I'll have to cut week four a wee bit short. I'm going to do a week of the Mission Diet and see how my results are on that. lol... That will be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathieinut View Post
I am quite impressed with many of you really sticking with things so far.
I checked my library today and they don't have the book at all...girl at the desk said that if it is a new book then it might be a while until they get it. She did say that nutrition books are bought quite often as they are popular so maybe now that I have left a request they will get it sooner rather than later?
I keep looking at my middle aged middle and think maybe I should go ahead and buy it myself LOL
Good luck to you all
Thanks, we are a pretty motivated group.

I had requested the book at my library. The first time I called they didn't have it in their system & suggested I call back in a few days. It was in the system but not in yet. Rather than wait I looked it over at B&N one evening and decided to buy it once I made up my mind to give it a try.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Hi everyone! Still here and still on plan. Just having an incredibly busy week. Will catch up on Friday (hopefully).
Good to hear you're doing well!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
I finally weighed in today after 3 weeks and I am down 9 POUNDS!!!! Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!! Honestly, it was completely unexpected. I realized that my clothes were fitting much better but I had no idea that I had lost this much. I learned a couple of things:
1. I don't have to get on the scale twice a day and obsess over it in order to lose weight.
2. Clothes are a bad weight gauge for me. I cannot trust clothes to tell me when I have gained or lost because I cannot tell until the weight goes up or comes down a lot.
I really think the reason that I have been able to stick to this is staying off the scale for a while. It kept me focused on eating right instead of eating to lose. I know that I will use the scale as a tool from this point forward but I do not know how much I want to get on it. I am now down 2.5 inches in my waist and one in my hips!

Have a great day!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #629
Senior LCF Member

HOMESTRETCH- THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

W3D4

Just checking in, not feeling as wonderful as yesterday... I think I am suffering from too much sodium... yesterday I made up some chili spiced meat and I followed the recipe, but as I was pouring in the tsp. of salt... I knew it was going to be too much, since I still needed to add 1 can of beef broth.... so lots of water today!!

Breakfast was 2 scotch eggs... lunch is open.. maybe tuna or chicken salad.

The modertor on the 6WEEKCURE forum answered some good questions here:

http://drseades.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7401&page=41

Last edited by NGJ26; 10-08-2009 at 06:09 AM..