Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Hi everyone!

I just finished week one. Going strictly by the number on the scale, I went from 185.5 to 180. I go by the moving trend on physics diet though and according to that I went from 187 to 184.5. So, I'll claim 2.5 pounds this week.

I have found the shakes to be better and easier than I expected, but I still missed my plain black coffee. No caffeine withdrawal, but decaf isn't quite the same. OTOH, going without cheese for two weeks is going to be more of a challenge.
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #512
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda in Phx View Post
I have been MIA for a few days as work has been extremely busy! As of this morning I start week 3 and has sucessfully completed to the letter week 1 & 2. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the "great" results for the next couple of weeks however....

I lost 12.4 pounds in weeks 1-2. I am pretty excited! I will post my inches lost later as I have the before somewhere else.

Congrats to everyone on their successess and take it one meal at a time.

Rhonda
I can't wait to see the inches lost!

I woke up feeling leaner this morning. It's weird in a good way. My body just feels different.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
Hi everyone!

I just finished week one. Going strictly by the number on the scale, I went from 185.5 to 180. I go by the moving trend on physics diet though and according to that I went from 187 to 184.5. So, I'll claim 2.5 pounds this week.

I have found the shakes to be better and easier than I expected, but I still missed my plain black coffee. No caffeine withdrawal, but decaf isn't quite the same. OTOH, going without cheese for two weeks is going to be more of a challenge.

I absolutely love cheese but I've gone without it for almost two weeks now, since starting Week One. My tendency is to eat more than a little so I am glad I've gone without it.

Donate blood and you can have a caffeinated cup before that. I did yesterday. I haven't even been making decaf & the coffee was a nice treat.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Good morning all! Day 19 for me. Still stuck back at 150. No period yet. Gotta love being menopausal. They come when they want. For 6 days now, I keep feeling (puffy, sore boobs) like I am about to start, but no. I assume this is why the weight is stuck, but who knows.
Kisha- I lost 5 in the first two weeks, so I would not say the loss only comes in phase 2, and based on my experience, I have had NO loss in phase 2. I also was missing the shakes, so I just made a great strawberry one for breakfast today with the coconut milk.

Costa 5- I feel your pain with the wine thing. Last night I seared, then braised a couple of lovely local lamb shanks and had my first wine since starting. The 4 oz glass was just not enough, so I broke down and had 2 more oz. of this nice red we purchased a case of recently.
D.Deb- The leucine I bought was in a blend called BCAA+G. 3 scoops (baby scooper inside) is 6 grams. I have on my old lady reading glasses here and am trying to read the label, but it also looks like it has L-glutamine, L-isoleucine and L-valine in it. I got it at our local fabulous chain called Super Supplements.
I just realized it is lemonade flavored, which is why I never liked it in my chocolate shakes!!!
I think most Leucine is only available in the bcaa blends.

Kisha- as far as apartame, try and search out Cleochatra's blog. She is a big anti-aspartame person on this board and writes a great low carb blog. I am avoiding it and
really doing my best to stick with stevia, and as little splenda as I can manage.

Don't know if it is a cheat (cant figure out why it would be), but hubby insisted I make him some coconut bark last night. Let me tell you, it really hit the spot. I mixed coconut oil (4tb), 1 tb dark cocoa powder, 1 tb peanut butter and a little liquid (banana) splenda and some truvia. Spread on parchment and chilled.
I probably could have left out the peanut butter but it was so good.
Poor DH is so frustrated. He is up a lb. this week, so is only down 4 lbs. He wants to go back to JUDDD, but I keep pushing to stay the course. We both were so hopeful that phase 2 would be a whoosh-fest, but so far it is ZIPPO.

I do have a good pork recipe however-- I bought some good locally farmed pork, boneless country ribs (very meaty). I cut them up and tossed them in Goya adobo seasoning, and garlic salt. I browned them, then added a small can of green chiles (only 1 net carb for the whole can!) and some onion and cumin. Cooked a bit more, then added some rich chicken stock, green tobasco and cooked for 5 minutes. DEELISH. In phase 3, I will add a little mexican style hominy to it and top with sour cream.

Brown
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #515
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Week 3 Day 1~
TOM arrived but I actually like the timing. If I eat higher fat, I get less cravings. Its all good. The crockpot is loaded and I cooked up some bacon last night. I am ready.

Kisha!
I am not diabetic...just passing on someone elses experience and solution. Just an FYI. As far as the first two weeks showing a loss, it will for many but from what I have read the first two weeks are for cleansing the liver..and added loss is a bonus but then week 3/4 are the kickers for weight loss. Maybe it depends on how much you have to lose. And yes, an occassional shake is a-ok during weeks 3-4.

Just4Me,
My son loves the word noooobs. lol - Welcome! I wanna say the least expensive way to probably get the meat going in weeks 3-4 are to buy a bulk package of ground meat. I would put in individual freezer baggies and just focus on spicing it up and getting the fuel in. Even a large package of drumsticks ior chicken thighs. lol..badonkadonk butts..thats a fun thing to say. I had no idea Lane Bryant made jeans for such a curve! I love it. And congrats on the smaller size. I am hoping you have wonderful success at this!! Report your weigh in and dont forget to measure.

costa5,
way to go on experimenting with the shakes..it totatly makes this plan sustainable. And I am so glad it worked out with your step-dad..I know you were concerned. Hang tough this weekend...you can so do this.

MellaBella,
busy work is great. I agree it helps when in weight loss mode.(hate to say diet.lol) Enjoy your weekend!! Let us know how the soup comes out.

Rhonda in Phx!!!! WHAT?!!! 12.4 POUNDS!!!
DANG!!

DiamondDeb,
glad you enjoyed it. When we went on our field trip, I goofed and didnt wear the best shoes either. I paid for it with aching piggies.lol..

Ok beautiful people...have a blessed day and work your plan!

Food:
weak coffee with a splash of coffee
bacon, eggs, tomato with lots of pepper
hamburger with mushrooms
crockpot roast with celery, onion - just a bit

20 carbs...this will be interesting.

Off to ******!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #516
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: costa5
Hi all - just checking in. My house is a wreck and I must go clean! Also am reminded I was going to do measurements today.

Rhonda - wowza! That's amazing! If I lose 12 lbs by the end of the whole 6 weeks I'll be ecstatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
OTOH, going without cheese for two weeks is going to be more of a challenge.
Soooo... I keep hearing people talk about missing cheese during the 2nd 2 week period but I haven't had cheese since I started! Where's all this cheese I keep hearing about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post

Donate blood and you can have a caffeinated cup before that. I did yesterday. I haven't even been making decaf & the coffee was a nice treat.
I am actually looking forward to donating blood. Where did you guys go? The local Red Cross?

Snaggle - if you're puffy and swollen then for sure you've got water retention. Hang in there. I'm not sure why you couldn't sub a meal for a shake. The protein and fat are still there and there's no more carbs than otherwise. I believe the thing about dairy was 1) that people tend to overdo it on cheese and 2) some people inexplicably have a hard time losing weight while eating dairy.

Last edited by costa5; 10-03-2009 at 10:56 AM..
costa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kisha
Stats: Early Pregnancy & Diabetes
WOE: Low Carb Nutrition
Start Date: Due date: November 2011
No doubt... Before I was going to even go on this diet, I had thought to myself that maybe I needed to stop the cheesefest. I tend to over do it too. I buy some shreded cheese and grab a huge handful and put it on my eggs! That can't be very helpful. LOL The power of cheese is overwhelming! But its all about moderation, I think. Instead of grabbing, I should tablespoon it.

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda in Phx View Post
I have been MIA for a few days as work has been extremely busy! As of this morning I start week 3 and has sucessfully completed to the letter week 1 & 2. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the "great" results for the next couple of weeks however....

I lost 12.4 pounds in weeks 1-2. I am pretty excited! I will post my inches lost later as I have the before somewhere else.

Congrats to everyone on their successess and take it one meal at a time.

Rhonda
Rhonda - these are great results, congrats!! Are you using the Enova oil? I haven't been able to find it so have been leaving it out. Just wondering how much of a difference it may make.

Last edited by MellaBella; 10-03-2009 at 11:15 AM..
MellaBella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #519
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdstreet
Stats: 38"/36"/30"... Stomach Fat Only :(
WOE: 6 Week Cure
Start Date: October 1st, 2009
Day 3 of the Shakes

Day 3 of the Shakes...

Everything going good so far. Not going to weigh or measure until 1 week. But I don't feel any thinner

Husband took me to a surprise dinner last night (he does not know I'm doing this diet... long story), I had prime rib with horseradish (not sure if its allowed, but it only has 1 carb and I can't eat prime rib without it) and spinach.

The hardest part has been the caffeine. I love ice tea and Coke Zero!

Diamond Deb: Thanks for the advice on working out.

I really hope inches come off! I literally have only visceral fat in my stomach to lose, so its kind of frustrating when the rest of you is skinny and you can even feel your muscles in the stomach but can't see them because you have visceral fat. Hopefully this will kick my stomach into a fat burning zone!!!
Birdstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #520
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Just4Me
Stats: Despairing/ Trusting/Content
WOE: knife+fork (and/or spoon)
Thanks for the welcomes!

I posted a question on Dr. Eades's blog about the amount of protein --- I noticed in earlier posts, and on another board, that some people using powder with higher protein grams per scoop were questioning whether it was too high. We'll see what he has to say, if anything.

Most of my fat is SAT, so I know it won't melt off like VAT. But if this helps me lose weight where every other LC tweak known to 21st century woman has failed, I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful!
Just4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #521
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Me View Post
Thanks for the welcomes!

I posted a question on Dr. Eades's blog about the amount of protein --- I noticed in earlier posts, and on another board, that some people using powder with higher protein grams per scoop were questioning whether it was too high. We'll see what he has to say, if anything.

Most of my fat is SAT, so I know it won't melt off like VAT. But if this helps me lose weight where every other LC tweak known to 21st century woman has failed, I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful!
Hi Just4Me

I am eating approx. 132 grams of protein in shakes (3 a day/2 scoops/GNC Max Protein) and about 20-30 grams of protein at dinner depending on how hungry I am at the end of the day.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Rhonda- Wow, I didn't see your post earlier. That is a great loss!
How have you liked your first day in phase 2?
I was so excited to have my bacon and eggs for breakfast, and food for lunch and dinner. Kind of funny that now I am craving shakes!

Did you come to this from Atkins or some other plan, or had you been not dieting prior
to starting?
You must be excited to get new measurements.

Great job!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #523
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
Hi Just4Me

I am eating approx. 132 grams of protein in shakes (3 a day/2 scoops/GNC Max Protein) and about 20-30 grams of protein at dinner depending on how hungry I am at the end of the day.
Hi Sarah (I'm Sarah, too! ),

So it looks like I have about 10 inches on you. If I follow the guidelines in the book (3 scoops for those over 180 lbs), then I get 66g in one shake, not counting an egg or the extra leucine. But maybe that's a reasonable amount for having a waist-ish area ~10" larger than yours. And when I have my meal, I eat about 8-10 oz meat, which is ~48-60 more ounces. But if I'm that much larger than you, maybe it's not such a crazy amount? Although it seems like a crazy amount! lol

Old 10-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #524
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I've also been experimenting with taking melatonin, since I'm a life-long poor and inadequate sleeper (usually ~6 hours, light sleep). At first the melatonin made me feel sleepy during the day, too, but I thought it might just be highlighting my sleep deficit. And I've adjusted to it, so now can use it to get a good 9 hours sleep, deeper than I have in decades. What a relief!

I'm anxious about the meals weeks because shakes are so convenient, and all this protein (204g in shakes alone) has me feeling great. I don't think my appetite (or checkbook) will allow me to eat enough meat to match that.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I weigh in for the first time in 2 weeks this coming Monday, when I (should) begin Week 3. But I can say this much already----where I started in Lane Bryant Blue size 9 jeans, I am now comfortable in a brand spanking new pair of size 8. Which means I've lost not just VAT but also SAT, as for those of you who don't know, the Blue line is for those of us with, as my sales lady put it "badonkadonk butts"! lol
I have wanted to take Melatonin because I have issues sleeping at least 1-2 days a week (no sleep for 24 hours or more) mostly due to stress of this economy (like the rest of the population) But I also take low dosage of adderall, when I have trouble concentrating and was afraid it might interfere. How quickly does it take effect? Would it work if I used it just at night?

I am really worried about the meat phase
1. I am not a breakfast person... I hate eggs and I am just not usually hungry, so protein shakes have been the way to go for me. I was wondering if I could continue with a protein shake in the morning, just mixed with water or unsweetned soy milk (0 carbs)???? Can it be whey or do I have to switch to egg protein?
2. Eating 130 grams or more of natural protein, makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I can usually only stomach about 4 oz of meat at one meal. I am a small eater unless you put bread in front of me and I could finish the whole loaf.

haha... I wish I had a "badonkadonk" butt!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
I am enjoying your blog Poetry in Motion.
God Bless!!

Thank you Stevie Renee! Glad you like my poems!
moonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

1. Got the book (check)
2. and reading it... (check)
3. Slowed to a mere crawl on caffeine today (check) with not much headache issues.
4. Ate a very good carb wise dinner. Fresh Angus beef patty, with an olive oil romaine salad. (check)
5. Bought Truvia! (check) YUM!
6. GOO!
7. Starting tomorrow! WOOT!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
10 days into this and I blew it 2 days. Wondering what to do next, but I think I will go back to square one, this time measure all over, etc, and do it right. I don't see anything in the coming month that would blow me out of the water the way these last 2 events did.
If anyone could tell me how to find the Eades site where there is discussion on this, I would really appreciate it.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

I've been to four stores. Including, Walmart and Fred Meyer... I could not find a single Enova Oil or DaG oil.

Further research on the internet says that Enova Oil is no longer selling it (temporarily). Reason being the filler included in the Enova oil brand seems to be a health concern, says the government.

Diacylglycerol (DAG) oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This Wiki plainly explains why it's not currently on the market.

I thought people should know this information directly!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #529
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
I have wanted to take Melatonin because I have issues sleeping at least 1-2 days a week (no sleep for 24 hours or more) mostly due to stress of this economy (like the rest of the population) But I also take low dosage of adderall, when I have trouble concentrating and was afraid it might interfere. How quickly does it take effect? Would it work if I used it just at night?
For sleep issues, you definitely take melatonin right before bed. Some info I've read says to get in bed, turn out the lights, and then take it. But my sister takes it and has time to take a shower and read a little in bed before it takes effect.

How fast it takes effect probably depends on the form---tablet (which I currently have) takes a while to digest; sublingual is probably a lot faster.

Hon, you definitely want to ask your doc about adding it, in light of the adderall. Two things that might have opposite effects (focusing vs. relaxing) but both of which mess with the nervous system---better safe than sorry.

If you do decide to try it, I definitely recommend finding (1) a sublingual and (2) the smallest dose you can. The tablets I'm currently dealing with are 1 mg, but hard as rocks. 1 mg is too much for me, and trying to split these fairly evenly is like trying to squeeze moisture from a fossil. I've ordered some 1 mg sublinguals in the hopes that I can easily cut (or bite lol) through and take just 1/2 a mg. Fortunately, melatonin seems to be a fairly inexpensive supplement. If I waste the rest of the tablets, I've lost $2.36 for the bottle of 60. (The sublinguals were a little more, around $7 for 100.)

Quote:
I am really worried about the meat phase
1. I am not a breakfast person... I hate eggs and I am just not usually hungry, so protein shakes have been the way to go for me. I was wondering if I could continue with a protein shake in the morning, just mixed with water or unsweetned soy milk (0 carbs)???? Can it be whey or do I have to switch to egg protein?
2. Eating 130 grams or more of natural protein, makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I can usually only stomach about 4 oz of meat at one meal. I am a small eater unless you put bread in front of me and I could finish the whole loaf.
I so know what you mean. I am wracking my brains to figure out how I'm going to eat all the meat I'm supposed to. I've had 2 ideas: (1) on another board, one of the Eades initial testers (BawdyWench) posted that in correspondence with the Eades, they said that keeping one shake during weeks 3 & 4 was fine, which is good for me; (2) I'm going to go around to my 3 butchers and see about buying bulk steaks. I figure if I have a 16 oz. steak to enjoy every other day (or maybe every day? for a few days?) I might be able to get all the meat down more easily. We'll see, as cost is a factor.

Quote:
haha... I wish I had a "badonkadonk" butt!!!
I guess it depends on your definition of "badonkadonk"---if we're talking Beyonce, which imo is really stretching (or minimizing the definition), that's one thing. But trust me, we are SO not talking Beyonce---unless you multiply Beyonce * Beyonce * Beyonce---maybe. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
10 days into this and I blew it 2 days. Wondering what to do next, but I think I will go back to square one, this time measure all over, etc, and do it right. I don't see anything in the coming month that would blow me out of the water the way these last 2 events did.
If anyone could tell me how to find the Eades site where there is discussion on this, I would really appreciate it.
Nitenurse, on Dr. Mike's blog about the 6-week cure, someone had almost the exact thing happen, and asked whether they should go back to the beginning. IIRC, he said to do a few days of weeks 1/2, then go on. It's in the comments, and I'm certain it's there as I read it a few hours ago, but darn if I remember where! hth
Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #530
Junior LCF Member

Good morning! Well, I have completed day 4 and am down ANOTHER pound this morning (currently at 148.8, was at 151 after day 1)! I know this can't possibly continue at this rate but it feels great to be just one pound over my lowest weight of 147.8 last June (before a month at a lake house meant near nightly bbq's and I gained back several pounds). I have a really really hard time getting past 150. Even before kids, my body just likes to be 150 and was for years and years. So I hope this diet can finally knock me into the low 140's at least.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am definitely hungry. Not STARVING but generally by 2:00 or so I start to feel hungry and a little low on energy. This is the time when I would normally work out and I just can't seem to drag myself to the basement. We've been eating really early - 5ish, so all I have to do is hold on for a few hours but I do wish I had more energy for lifting as I enjoy doing it and really want to retain lean muscle as much as possible.

We ended up not going to the harvest party. We just had too much going on yesterday. Made a nice, portable dinner and brought it to dad's new house.

Dinner last night: Rotisserie chicken, mashed cauliflower & squash, salad, strawberries with whipped cream. Learned whipped cream is good with a few drops of liquid stevia.

Delicious new shake: old decaf + chocolate caramel flavored pp (from GNC) + cream + rum extract

Kisha - I am leaving out the DAG oil mainly because I don't like to consume vegetable oils and because it looked kind of hard to get a hold of. So far so good.

Just4me & birdstreet: At the moment I am looking forward to phase 2 but I wonder if I might feel a little tired of all the meat, too. I t is nice to know at least that you can sub in a shake - especially handy at breakfast. Also, not sure how much into seafood you guys are into but I think it will help to keep things varied eating shrimp, scallops and fish. My dh's parents send us halibut from Alaska and I plan to put a good dent in what we have in the freezer.

Goals: must do measurements!, stay on track.
Challenges: none today - should be an easy day.

Last edited by costa5; 10-04-2009 at 04:52 AM..
Old 10-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #531
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Nitenurse, on Dr. Mike's blog about the 6-week cure, someone had almost the exact thing happen, and asked whether they should go back to the beginning. IIRC, he said to do a few days of weeks 1/2, then go on. It's in the comments, and I'm certain it's there as I read it a few hours ago, but darn if I remember where! hth
I'm really looking forward to this blog... wish they'd get it up already.

Also, I forgot I have a question for anyone who may be interested in helping me out

1) The liver metabolizes fat so I can see how it could make sense to 'cleanse' the liver to increase fat burn. However, how do they (Eades') know that the body will choose to burn VAT and liver fat first over SAT? My impression was always that your body will burn fat from wherever it pleases - you can't spot reduce.. even in terms of VAT and SAT.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2008
I have gone two days on half caffeine and today is my second day without any caffeine. I'm ready to begin the program tomorrow. I'm not going to use the DAG oil but hopefully it won't make much of a difference.
moonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
I've been to four stores. Including, Walmart and Fred Meyer... I could not find a single Enova Oil or DaG oil.

Further research on the internet says that Enova Oil is no longer selling it (temporarily). Reason being the filler included in the Enova oil brand seems to be a health concern, says the government.

Diacylglycerol (DAG) oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This Wiki plainly explains why it's not currently on the market.

I thought people should know this information directly!
I posted info on this from the company as well as a link to the company's press release last month. They've temporarily suspended production and sales in Japan. Sales in the US have not been suspended but the supply is becoming depleted.

There is no proof at this time that fatty acid glycidyl esters (the by-product in question) are in any way unsafe. The company's press release is very clear on why they took the action they did. There is no reason to stop using Enova or to avoid it.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #534

It's great to see so many having continuing success with this plan!

This is my last day of 3 + 1! I am so ready! lol...I do enjoy the shakes but I am so hungry for cooked eggs for breakfast! I did see in the book while rereading some things that they had the greatest changes in the first two weeks but continued to see smaller, significant changes in the following weeks. It will be interesting to see how everyone else does.

I had a bad day physically (have a lot of chronic pain) yesterday & couldn't muster the energy to get dinner so I just had 3 shakes for the day.

Birdstreet/Sarah, good luck with the melatonin. It works great for many people. I have lots of sleep issues myself. I've found 5-HTP works best to relax and destress me so I can fall asleep. I've used several different supplements and combinations. I find I need to to something relaxing before bed to unwind and I have to go to bed soon after taking them or the supps won't work. Often low doses of two supps work better than a high dose of just one. You get the best benefits of each that way with less chance of negative side effects.

Costa, unless you were on a LC plan prior to starting this one your body is probably still adjusting. It's probably a good idea to take that into consideration when working out. Also, working out later in the day after you're had a meal or two might help. Are you adding the egg to your shakes? I do find that makes a difference & keeps me satisfied longer. I do experience a little hunger but not anything bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by costa5 View Post
I'm really looking forward to this blog... wish they'd get it up already.

Also, I forgot I have a question for anyone who may be interested in helping me out

1) The liver metabolizes fat so I can see how it could make sense to 'cleanse' the liver to increase fat burn. However, how do they (Eades') know that the body will choose to burn VAT and liver fat first over SAT? My impression was always that your body will burn fat from wherever it pleases - you can't spot reduce.. even in terms of VAT and SAT.
I'm impatiently looking forward to the blog, too.

There is no such thing as spot reducing. The Eades even mention that in the book. There is a section where they explain the science behind it & how the nutrition/supps aid in this.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 10-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

I'm not saying that using Enova is a bad thing. I'm saying that it's not available now. Enova the company has suspended it's sales completely but temporarily, in the US as well says this wiki. And Enova brand is the only commercial brand that sells DAG oil. Just sayin....

The fact that it is questionable does concern me. But then again, that's the government. The isles are filled with vegetable oils and foods containing it, that aren't good for you. If we stop buying that, they lose money. IE tax money.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonius View Post
I have gone two days on half caffeine and today is my second day without any caffeine. I'm ready to begin the program tomorrow. I'm not going to use the DAG oil but hopefully it won't make much of a difference.
WTG on the caffeine!

I'm still amused at how great I felt Friday after that one pre-donating cup of coffee.

Dr. Eades said it's the first thing he would leave out if he had to do without something. It should not really make much/any difference. Supps sometimes give an added boost but the important part is in the nutrition.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #537
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Day 2, week 3~
I was so hoping for a better start but let me tell you guys, the chuck beef roast we crock potted is delish but it wreaked havoc on me. I was so nausiated from the fat I ended up drinking a cup of milk. Not a stellar beginning like I wanted. So today I will switch up my menu. I wonder if anyone experienced this?

And I am happy to say I am glad to read if we so wanted a shake during week 3-4, we can.

moonius,
way to go on your pre-prep of caffiene free. I am drinking only 8 punces of real coffe a day otherwise, I decided not to go back to Diet Cokes w/caffiene. I had a Dr. Pepper and I was flying! No thanks. lol
WHat protein powder did you pick up and did you get the HWC and some flavorings?

Hi all

Today we have a family dinner at my SIL house...I told her I am at 20 carbs and hope she has animal protein. She knows all about low carbing and promised yes, she would have something for me.

I feel thinner inspite of TOM hanging around. (Sorry Moonius! Too much info.lol)
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Life happens. Don't beat yourself up over things you can't change. Just move on.

I think I would just get right back to the week 1 & 2 plan, maybe extend it by two days since that is what you lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
1. Got the book (check)
2. and reading it... (check)
3. Slowed to a mere crawl on caffeine today (check) with not much headache issues.
4. Ate a very good carb wise dinner. Fresh Angus beef patty, with an olive oil romaine salad. (check)
5. Bought Truvia! (check) YUM!
6. GOO!
7. Starting tomorrow! WOOT!
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
I was so excited to have my bacon and eggs for breakfast, and food for lunch and dinner. Kind of funny that now I am craving shakes!
lol...I suspect this is so going to be me tomorrow!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
~Day 2, week 3~
I was so hoping for a better start but let me tell you guys, the chuck beef roast we crock potted is delish but it wreaked havoc on me. I was so nausiated from the fat I ended up drinking a cup of milk. Not a stellar beginning like I wanted. So today I will switch up my menu. I wonder if anyone experienced this?

And I am happy to say I am glad to read if we so wanted a shake during week 3-4, we can.

Hi all

Today we have a family dinner at my SIL house...I told her I am at 20 carbs and hope she has animal protein. She knows all about low carbing and promised yes, she would have something for me.

I feel thinner inspite of TOM hanging around. (Sorry Moonius! Too much info.lol)
I'm sorry you had a negative reaction to the roast. I don't recall reading any other similar experiences. I hope it doesn't happen again.

That's great that your SIL is so supportive.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #540

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes!

I don't think it would be too much protein but if someone's weight had them at 2 or 3 scoops per shake & their protein powder is higher than the Eades state they might want to figure out if the total protein grams might fall in the correct range with one less scoop. It's more about the amount of protein than the number of scoops.