Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
W2D5

Good Day All,

Just checking in. My plan is moving right along, although the last 3 days I've only gotten in 2 shakes. I'm sort of nervous about the next two weeks~ What will I ever do without cheese . It will be challenging. Thank Goodness for the So Delicious Coconut coffee
creamer!

Go Dairy Free | Perk Up Coffee with New Dairy-Free Coconut Milk Creamer

Wishing everybody an "On-Plan" happy weekend with a little extra sent out to costa5- hang tough and don't feel the need to explain yourself.. and/or the diet. Everyone has drank a shake or two to loose a couple of pounds.. and I found that if I just serve the meal and don't say anything.. like sorry no bread, rice, pasta etc... everyone just enjoys the great food and before you know it the meal is over!

This salad dressing sounds good for weeks 3/4 (where I will sadly miss my blue cheese)

Big Daddy D's LowCarbohydrate.BlogSpot.com: Grilled Romaine with Ceasar-Cado Dressing - 6 net carbs I love grilled salad!

Last edited by NGJ26; 10-02-2009 at 08:48 AM..
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Just wanted to check in. Wow, so many new folks. Welcome and good luck to all.
I have just been slammed at work, so I haven't been posting.

I have been stuck at 149 all week, then today popped up to 150. Grrrr. Probably due to TOM almost here and kind of a salty pork/green chile thing I whipped up last night.
So far the meat week phase has been okay. I kind of miss the shakes. I may make one out of the coconut milk just for breakfast variety. I am loving my bacon and eggs, but have had it now 4 days in a row. I miss the dairy more than anything. Only get 1 tb of cream for coffee. Miss my cheese bad, and really miss just having stuff like creamy salad dressings, etc. My fit days numbers are coming in with around 14-18 gross carbs. 10-13net carbs. Lots of fat and protein. Need to enter yesterdays still.

I will finally have some wine tonight. A whopping 4 oz. Not sure it is even worth it.

I would be more enthused about this phase if the lbs were falling off, but neither hubby nor I has seen the scale go anywhere this week but up!

You are all doing great. Keep it up!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #483
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~day 14~
Weeks one and two...a wrap after tonight.
Going to crock pot a roast with veggies tomorrow and munch on that for a as long as it lasts. I will be eating those 3 strawberries in place of veggies once in awhile.

So 5 to 6 net grams per meal...interesting.

Our new couch is coming this morning...better get off for now.

Will check in soon.

Menu:
pumpkin spice shake
Pumpkin spice shake
Hamburger patty, cheese, grilled mushrooms sauted in chicken broth, strawberries.

Welcome to all the nooobs! lol

I am going to redo the 6 weeks on November 1st I think.

If I did induction for two weeks, I would have lost probably 1.5 pounds ( that was my experience) so this plan is much more motivating for me.

ciao!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat_cairo
Stats: okay. I am fat
WOE: eat heathy, lots of veggies, fruit
Start Date: Aug 2012... again
just checking in.
will start the 3/4th week on monday. so far I have lost 7.5 lbs
kat_cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Hi Everyone, checking in.

I just finished a delicious shake made with Jay Robb protein powder, 1 raw egg, 2 T heavy cream and some vanilla/coconut extract. SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! Except now I'm cold! Think I'll go make a cup of green decaf tea.
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2008
I just got my copy of "The 6 week cure for the middle aged middle" in the mail this week. Have started to read it but I want to begin the program next week. I have cut my caffeine intake in half the last couple of days and hope to totally quit coffee this weekend. September has been an extremely busy and highly stressful month and I have gained weight in the process. I hope to shed these additional pounds and break the stall I've had for half of this year. Have a wonderful LC weekend!
moonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
~day 14~
Weeks one and two...a wrap after tonight.
Going to crock pot a roast with veggies tomorrow and munch on that for a as long as it lasts. I will be eating those 3 strawberries in place of veggies once in awhile.

So 5 to 6 net grams per meal...interesting.

Our new couch is coming this morning...better get off for now.

Will check in soon.

Menu:
pumpkin spice shake
Pumpkin spice shake
Hamburger patty, cheese, grilled mushrooms sauted in chicken broth, strawberries.

Welcome to all the nooobs! lol

I am going to redo the 6 weeks on November 1st I think.

If I did induction for two weeks, I would have lost probably 1.5 pounds ( that was my experience) so this plan is much more motivating for me.

ciao!
I started my meat journey today. I too put a big roast in the crock pot. However, once everyone in my house is done eating I probably will not have leftovers.

TOM arrived in the middle of the night last night. I am drained today and not feeling this meat phase. I already miss the simplicity of the shakes.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #488
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Was my mood this good BEFORE that cup of caffeinated coffee??? lol...

I was at the doctor yesterday & had to do fasted labs for him this morning so it was perfect timing to donate. After the labs I picked up a cup of real caffeinated coffee + half & half at Starbucks. The gal gave me two samples of their new instant coffee when I expressed interest & told her I'd heard it's good. Exactly what I was hoping she'd do.

After drinking my coffee I went to donate blood. I was happily surprised to pass & be allowed to donate.

Unless they completely misunderstood me they don't do the full plus plasma that the Eades suggested in the book. They do a double red cell donation using a machine called ALYX & I expressed interest in that but the gal was in a hurry & stuck me before that could be set up.

I'm going to start donating platelets in a couple months (earliest I can after donating) if I can fit it in. I asked what was most needed & they said platelets only live 5 days so they desperately need more platelet donors. Platelet donations can be done every two weeks.

After the donation I came home & made my first protein shake as usual. I have always felt fine after donating so did not take anything with me. No one forced food on me either.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_cairo View Post
just checking in.

I start Week 3 Monday, too. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonius View Post
I just got my copy of "The 6 week cure for the middle aged middle" in the mail this week. Have started to read it but I want to begin the program next week. I have cut my caffeine intake in half the last couple of days and hope to totally quit coffee this weekend. September has been an extremely busy and highly stressful month and I have gained weight in the process. I hope to shed these additional pounds and break the stall I've had for half of this year. Have a wonderful LC weekend!

You're smart to be tapering off on the caffeine this week. Hopefully it will make it easier to go without completely for the first two weeks.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I started my meat journey today. I too put a big roast in the crock pot. However, once everyone in my house is done eating I probably will not have leftovers.

TOM arrived in the middle of the night last night. I am drained today and not feeling this meat phase. I already miss the simplicity of the shakes.

I love the simplicity of the shakes, too. They're easy for me. If I can squeeze it into my budget I might get a container of egg protein powder & have one shake per day during weeks 3 & 4.

That reminds me, I need to see if I can find some leucine this weekend.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_cairo View Post
just checking in.
WOW!!!! THATS FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #491

Quote:
Whoohoo! I KNOW this is gonna break that stall...you just watch! Measure you body too. Welcome! I was thinking I would do it again I enjoy it so much. LMAO!~
Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaBella View Post
Hi Everyone, checking in.

I just finished a delicious shake made with Jay Robb protein powder, 1 raw egg, 2 T heavy cream and some vanilla/coconut extract. SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! Except now I'm cold! Think I'll go make a cup of green decaf tea.
Yummy! Sounds delish. I had pumpkin again.lol
Old 10-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #493

Diamond Deb,
Thats awesome you can donate! I love it!

Homestretch,
what did you add to your roast? I am thinking of celery.

Hi all.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #494

Stevie Renee, congrats on finishing up weeks 1 & 2 successfully.
Why 3 strawberries? A serving = 1/2 cup. Or do 3 of your strawberries = 1/2 cup?

Snaggle, keep reminding yourself that the goal is inches not scale weight pounds. It really is. Hang in there!

It sounds like the shakes are missed. That egg protein powder is sounding better all the time. I have always done well eating two real food meals and having one shake. I like the shake in the evening the best; I used to be a world class night time snacker. A shake satisfies that desire in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr82bthin View Post
My 5th day on week 1 and have lost 2.25 pounds. Haven't done the measuring, but yesterday I put on my size 12 pants and could actually wear them. I have been wearing the same pants in a size 14 for the last 6 weeks.

I love the shakes! My favs are:
Creamsicle: Orange or Tangerine diet soda, hwc, vanilla pp
Root Beer Float: Root Beer, hwc, vanilla pp

I do veer from the plan at night and have 1 oz of roasted almonds with my night chocolate shake. I like the salt and the crunch.

I list everything in ****** and seem to be on track with the recommendations in the book. Just wanted to check in with everyone!
Linda
WTG on the pants!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #495

Quote:
I am enjoying your blog Poetry in Motion.
God Bless!!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #496

Quote:
Diamond Deb,
Thats awesome you can donate! I love it!

Homestretch,
what did you add to your roast? I am thinking of celery.

Hi all.
Thanks, I am so happy about it. I used to donate regularly and was sad when I had to stop. I think it is important to do things like this if we can. It really takes very little effort on our part.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Is it possible that you have a food intolerance to something in the shakes? HOpe you feel better soon.
Thanks for the thoughts. The only thing I'm putting in there that I don't eat on a regular basis is the protein powder. I wonder if that's it? Hrm...

Last edited by Tirjasdyn; 10-02-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Tirjasdyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #498

Costa, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I'm not sure what might have caused the headaches. It is most likely a combination of things. I had a slight but sharp headache for a few days & can't think of any one thing that I cut that might have caused it. Unless it might be ibuprofen? I was a heavy user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
A few questions for anyone:

1. I know we are suppose to have 3 shakes a day, with 2 scoops of protein powder if our weight is between 130-180. My question is do you think it would be okay to break up one of those shakes to 2 each with 1 scoop of protein powder. In a nutshell I would be having 4 shakes/ 2 with 2 scoops each and 2 with 1 scoop each. What do you think?
I can't think of any reason that would not be OK but you would want to skip the HWC or coconut milk etc. in one of the shakes or divide it up, too. You are having the real food meal too, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
2. Also the book does not really address working out in regards to this plan and I was wondering if I should increase my shake or food intake on days I am doing intense weight training and cardio... like tonight (60 minutes of intense spin and 30 minutes of weight training.) I burn about 700-900 calories on those days. I really enjoy working out now, so its not really an option for me to stop during this plan. Also it helps with my stress
This plan should be providing you with sufficient protein even with an intense workout. I'd plan to have one of the shakes ASAP after completing your workout. Honestly, I lift & did spinning regularly at my old gym and I would not suggest doing both in the same workout. Avoid it if at all possible. If not, I do hope you're at least doing the weights before spin?

Spinning is so intense; I really loved it but too much is counterproductive. I tried to keep it to twice a week most of the time.

How one feels working out on this plan may also be connected to one's nutrition right before starting the plan. Someone already eating relatively LC is likely to find it easier. Someone used to fueling workouts with carbs will have more of an adjustment to go through & it might be a good idea to do less intense workouts or even hold off on working out the first week or two.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #499

I've been calling around and can't find L-leucine by itself. Vitamin Shoppe carries capsules but they are out and the earliest they might get it in is mid week.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #500

I forgot to get veggies today. At least I have lots of salad fixings. Guess I could have a bit of fruit for dinner...

I need to get dinner (salad & chicken) and then I'm going downtown to meet friend. There is an art show, live music & TONS of FOOD! Don't pay any attention to me. I am a rock and really am not tempted to go off plan. I'll take my bottle of water & will probably have nothing else. Maybe a decaf...but it would have to be black so I will probably pass on it.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #501

Deb,
I printed off what Tril wrote and it says with each meal to eat 5-6 carbs and she wrote out either eat 1 cup of spinach, or 1-2 cups of greens in a salad or3 or 4 strawberries, 1/2 kiwi. - And I usually have strawberries here for the family. - On the blood donation, my sister gives all the time. I should do the same.

Are any of you reading the 6 week forum at Eades site? I don't know if you all recall but Bloodsugar posted something about diabetics, whey protein and their numbers shooting up! Anyway, I read that was happening to diabetics doing the 2 weeks on shakes. One lady just lost 6 pounds on her first meat week! But...someone delurked and said to try an egg protein. FYI...I hate for anyone who is diabetic to try this plan and to struggle with their blood sugar levels.

I decided to do the roast with all kinds of veggies and I will just pick through what I can eat. That way the DH can also enjoy it. (Crock pot recipe)

Just trying to remember...the true weight loss is the next two weeks!! I am counting on it big time and am ready to rock it.

Also..I think I will do another round November 1st....

Anyone game?

I really want to get through the holidays with no gain but stellar loss.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
I forgot to get veggies today. At least I have lots of salad fixings. Guess I could have a bit of fruit for dinner...

I need to get dinner (salad & chicken) and then I'm going downtown to meet friend. There is an art show, live music & TONS of FOOD! Don't pay any attention to me. I am a rock and really am not tempted to go off plan. I'll take my bottle of water & will probably have nothing else. Maybe a decaf...but it would have to be black so I will probably pass on it.
Your got this! Enjoy!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kisha
Stats: Early Pregnancy & Diabetes
WOE: Low Carb Nutrition
Start Date: Due date: November 2011
Quote:
Deb,
I printed off what Tril wrote and it says with each meal to eat 5-6 carbs and she wrote out either eat 1 cup of spinach, or 1-2 cups of greens in a salad or3 or 4 strawberries, 1/2 kiwi. - And I usually have strawberries here for the family. - On the blood donation, my sister gives all the time. I should do the same.

Are any of you reading the 6 week forum at Eades site? I don't know if you all recall but Bloodsugar posted something about diabetics, whey protein and their numbers shooting up! Anyway, I read that was happening to diabetics doing the 2 weeks on shakes. One lady just lost 6 pounds on her first meat week! But...someone delurked and said to try an egg protein. FYI...I hate for anyone who is diabetic to try this plan and to struggle with their blood sugar levels.

I decided to do the roast with all kinds of veggies and I will just pick through what I can eat. That way the DH can also enjoy it. (Crock pot recipe)

Just trying to remember...the true weight loss is the next two weeks!! I am counting on it big time and am ready to rock it.

Also..I think I will do another round November 1st....

Anyone game?

I really want to get through the holidays with no gain but stellar loss.
Really? I have type II diabetes and the only reason that maybe a diabetic would have issues with the shakes is that protein is entering their system fast because its in a liquid form. Possibly? Or they are doing it wrong? I'd imagine since your adding in the fat with HWC (or what ever you use) it would help slow the systems reaction time to the protein.

I'm super sensitive to any forms of sugar but I will check my blood sugars to ensure this doesn't happen to me.

The true weight loss begins in the meat phase?
/sigh I really was hoping to feel a little slimmer during the shake phase. Anyone reporting good results in the first two weeks? I haven't purchased the book just yet, I plan on taking a trip tomorrow to the bookstore. But I am already on board. I need to try something new. Plain low-carb style eating is just not working anymore for me.

Can you still drink the shakes on days your too busy to cook something, during 3rd plus weeks??

Anyway, Hi all. As an introduction: My names Kisha. I'm hoping to start the CURE tomorrow morning. I'm a diabetic with a 2 year old daughter. I have struggled with my weight for years. For the past several years I've been struggling staying on low carb diets. It helps the blood sugars, this much is true. I still have a good 40-80 pounds to lose. Sadly I need help now, not tomorrow, not next week either... I have diabetes, I'm sick MOST days. I'm exhausted! I'm also fed up with conventional thinking as far as diets go! Emotionally I cant take being too hungry or I slip FAST. Wish me luck!

**Prays I hope this works**

Last edited by Kisha; 10-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: further explainations....
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #504
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Just4Me
Stats: Despairing/ Trusting/Content
WOE: knife+fork (and/or spoon)
Hi all---another nooob joining the gang. I'm almost done with Week 2, actually, and a little anxious about starting the meat meals weeks. The first week was rough (I stopped drinking tea that week as well), but this last week, in spite of TOM, I've felt great.

I've also been experimenting with taking melatonin, since I'm a life-long poor and inadequate sleeper (usually ~6 hours, light sleep). At first the melatonin made me feel sleepy during the day, too, but I thought it might just be highlighting my sleep deficit. And I've adjusted to it, so now can use it to get a good 9 hours sleep, deeper than I have in decades. What a relief!

I'm anxious about the meals weeks because shakes are so convenient, and all this protein (204g in shakes alone) has me feeling great. I don't think my appetite (or checkbook) will allow me to eat enough meat to match that.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I weigh in for the first time in 2 weeks this coming Monday, when I (should) begin Week 3. But I can say this much already----where I started in Lane Bryant Blue size 9 jeans, I am now comfortable in a brand spanking new pair of size 8. Which means I've lost not just VAT but also SAT, as for those of you who don't know, the Blue line is for those of us with, as my sales lady put it "badonkadonk butts"! lol

Just4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kisha
Stats: Early Pregnancy & Diabetes
WOE: Low Carb Nutrition
Start Date: Due date: November 2011
Also I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the Aspartame subject. Is it really a hindrance? Anyone experienced it as a hindrance to their weight loss goals?

My favorite no sugar drinks are Crystal Light and Decaf/SF mocha insta coffee's. I seriously don't think I need to go that far to de-fat my liver... or do I?

Last edited by Kisha; 10-02-2009 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: grossly horrible speller...
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #506
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: costa5
Hello everyone! Welcome to the weekend!

Yesterday, day 2, went much much better. A little brain fog but not groggy and yawning all day like I was the first day. Also, no headache! I'm sitting here now drinking a nice hot cup of decaf and am not anticipating being any worse off from it.

I bought some more protein powder and some extracts. Made an awesome banana coconut rum concoction for lunch yesterday using banana protein powder, rum extract and 2T coconut milk with some nutmeg and cinnamon. You guys were so right on - getting experimental with the shakes makes all the difference. I'm going to use yesterday's old decaf to create some kind of coffee-flavored shake this morning.

Everything went fine with my step-dad. I did feel bad that we couldn't celebrate their new house with a glass of red wine (both my step-dad and I love red wine and he's always up for trying something new) but I told him we'd have to celebrate in 2 weeks. He came up to the house and I made the meatloaf from the book sans the diced peppers (fyi: it was okay - plenty salty, fine without ketchup, would have been better with some almond flour), along with green beans and sauteed apples.

I'm down 1 lb since yesterday. I think I'm mostly still losing water but that's okay!

Kisha - welcome! Do not fear - plenty of people are losing weight in the first 2 weeks. Check out the previous page. Whippetlady lost 7lbs. I know I am going to lose weight.

I think this is a great diet if you are stuck in a rut and are having a hard time staying on track with your normal plan. That's how I've been feeling. I am already at a healthy weight (5'9" and 150) so in a way that is a de-motivator because I end up telling myself I don't need to pay attention to the food I eat. But the fact is I still have plenty of body fat that I'd like to lose AND the food I eat actually matters to me a lot. I just find myself slipping so much lately that it is a good feeling to devote myself to something really simple and sit back and enjoy the results. I never would have even considered giving up caffeine before but I think I have a greater chance of success if I make a full commitment to the plan. So maybe just think that over regarding the aspartame. I think aspartame does adversely affect the liver and might be couterproductive to your other efforts the first 2 weeks.

Welcome moonius! Good thinking cutting your caffeine now. It will make your first few days on the plan much more enjoyable.

DiamondDeb - Hope your evening went well. You've come too far now to go off track! I'll be thinking of you today when (if?) I go to a friend's annual harvest party - lots of food!

snaggle - How many days are you into the meat phase? I am sure your cycle has something to do with it. You could easily be gaining several pounds of water and just not be able to see anything on the scale. Hang in there and reassess in a week.

Goals for today: On plan, do measurements!, roast chicken for dinner
Challenges: the harvest party (if we go), and general weekend mayhem. Shoe shopping for the kids today will probably mean picking up a snack or lunch for them while we're out. Need to stay focused, not get hungry and avoid temptation.

Last edited by costa5; 10-03-2009 at 04:42 AM..
costa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Wishing everyone a great weekend! I plan to keep busy with lots of projects around the house/errands, so I don't think I'm hungry when I'm not It's a damp, cool day here in NJ so I'm thinking for my meal I will poach some chicken and add celery, onions, escarole, etc. to make a thick soup. I'll get my fat in with some good olive oil..

Off to have my first shake

Welcome to all the newbies
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhonda in Phx
Stats: 296.6/279.6/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/2002
I have been MIA for a few days as work has been extremely busy! As of this morning I start week 3 and has sucessfully completed to the letter week 1 & 2. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the "great" results for the next couple of weeks however....

I lost 12.4 pounds in weeks 1-2. I am pretty excited! I will post my inches lost later as I have the before somewhere else.

Congrats to everyone on their successess and take it one meal at a time.

Rhonda
Rhonda in Phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #509

Morning Everyone!

I had a wonderful time with friends last night but I should have worn better walking shoes. My feet hurt by the time I got home. I've been to the farmer's Market to pick up my two dozen eggs so I'm a happy camper.

Stevie Renee, I did see that about a couple people having problems with BS on the shakes but another one said theirs dropped. A simple solution for anyone having BS problems would be to get egg protein powder rather than whey.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
The true weight loss begins in the meat phase? /sigh I really was hoping to feel a little slimmer during the shake phase. Anyone reporting good results in the first two weeks? I haven't purchased the book just yet, I plan on taking a trip tomorrow to the bookstore. But I am already on board. I need to try something new. Plain low-carb style eating is just not working anymore for me.

Can you still drink the shakes on days your too busy to cook something, during 3rd plus weeks??

Anyway, Hi all. As an introduction: My names Kisha. I'm hoping to start the CURE tomorrow morning. I'm a diabetic with a 2 year old daughter. I have struggled with my weight for years. For the past several years I've been struggling staying on low carb diets. It helps the blood sugars, this much is true. I still have a good 40-80 pounds to lose. Sadly I need help now, not tomorrow, not next week either... I have diabetes, I'm sick MOST days. I'm exhausted! I'm also fed up with conventional thinking as far as diets go! Emotionally I cant take being too hungry or I slip FAST. Wish me luck!

**Prays I hope this works**
I'm glad you've joined us!

I think most/all people have seen inches lost during the first two weeks. The means fat loss. The scale does a fluctuating dance & is not a measure of fat loss.

We can have a shake in weeks 3 & 4 if we feel we need to but I got the impression sticking with real food only is best. Those weeks are meant to be dairy free & whey is dairy so it would be best to use an egg protein powder then, I think. I might get a small container of egg protein powder for weeks 3 & 4. The Eades did say it is OK to use the whey for a shake in weeks 3 & 4 though. I just like to stick as closely to the plan as they suggest as possible.

Good luck!

Welcome Just4Me! WTG on the smaller jeans!

I'll be starting Week 3 Monday, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
Also I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the Aspartame subject. Is it really a hindrance? Anyone experienced it as a hindrance to their weight loss goals?

My favorite no sugar drinks are Crystal Light and Decaf/SF mocha insta coffee's. I seriously don't think I need to go that far to de-fat my liver... or do I?
I won't use any artificial sweeteners. I stopped using anything with aspartame a few years ago and stopped using Splenda over a year ago. I use Stevia as a sweetener.

Personally, I feel the problem with aspartame and all AS is much more serious than just weight loss. This plan is about getting toxins out of our bodies and AS are unhealthy.