Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
homestretch~Congrats! On that INCH LOSS Fabulous

chrysalis~ How’s it going?

Tirjasdyn~ Feeling better? Where you able to enjoy your Tri-Tip?

DiamondDeb~ I made the Mojito shake again, using my vanilla PP, (2) packets of true lime, capful rum and ˝ capful mint extracts… MMMMMM MMMMM almost tasted like key lime pie.

This a.m. I made the Black Forest for DBF, using Raspberry Diet Rite, it was soooo good, I wanted one for myself but the chocolate PP is running low. I made myself the Root beer float one and it was tasty. Can’t wait to try whippetlady’s Chai suggestion… oohh probably for lunch today!

Quote:
Well, I made a vanilla shake with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, cardamom and a dash of black pepper. CHAI!! oh, it was lovely
Tril~ Hopefully it’s not too late to wish you a good time on the trip. You seem to have a great plan to get through the weekend and stay on track! Either way you have done fantastic!

DrunkenSailor~ A POUND A DAY! I too was bothered by hunger the first week, but I am finding Week 2 a lot easier in that respect.

MellaBella~ You are doing great!

Birdstreet~
Quote:
p.s. I am totally VAT dominant (there is less than an inch difference between my S-SAD and L-SAD)... this was not a surprise to me
I’m right with ya girlfriend, no surprises here either.

It doesn’t hurt to be a skeptic, unless you let it wrap around your head so much, that you over think everything. The Eades are very well respected and didn’t get that way by making false claims. I say just put your faith in the program and jump in wholeheartedly. Having your head in the game is more than ˝ the battle, no matter what program we choose to follow.

Glamour Puss~ Welcome! There is a lot of info on this Thread that can get you started in the right direction. If you have a caffeine habit you may want to start cutting back now, so you will be ready to hit the ground running when your book arrives.

Stevie Renee~ I finally jumped over to your blog to check out the progress pics! Excellent I can really see a change in the tummy! So proud of you!

Last edited by NGJ26; 10-01-2009 at 06:12 AM..
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Good morning everyone, happy October! Off to work this am but wanted to wish everyone a successful day!!!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #453
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 160 ( or more?) Goal is 140 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restarted May 2014
Thanks Homestretch!

Well, I think Diamond Deb asked for my measurements, so I will summarize them here

This is the result for the phase 1, the Protein Shake weeks on the 6WC

Weight... -7.4 lbs
Butt.... -1 1/8"
Belly ... -2"
Waist.... -1 3/4 "
Ribs.... -1/2 "
Bust.... No change

Pretty darn convincing! Look at the change in the measurements in the middle!!

I am very happy so far. Today is my first day of the Phase 2.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #454
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: costa5
Hi everyone - I've been reading this thread and am starting the 6 week cure today. So far I'm only a few hours into it. Going cold turkey on the coffee so am a little groggy.

I am 34 and have been eating at around 100g carbs/day for most of the year. My usual way of eating (in a nutshell: tons of vegetables, mod carbs, no grains or beans, low dairy, all whole foods - a.k.a. "primal") works great for me but dh and I are headed for a beach vacation in November and I have stubborn hip and belly fat from my twin pregnancy that I'd like to reduce.. so we'll see if I can get rid of this muffin top - or at least some of it! Dh has about 35 lbs to lose and is doing this with me (thankfully - since I can tell this will be a real challenge for both of us!). I have to help at my kids preschool this morning but I really feel like a nap!

My goal for today - stay on track, have dinner ready at 5:30 (I usually end up waiting until 8 or 9 which is NOT going to work this week), and clean out the kitchen and toss or hide stuff we won't need. Oh, and stay positive, too!

My biggest challenge is 'overthinking' - so I really want to just do the program and not dwell on the details. It's only 6 weeks, right!? However, I do have one question. Anyone know if it matters whether you put an egg into the shake or just EAT a plain hard-boiled egg?

Looking forward to getting to know you all - it's been wonderful learning from your experience. I am surprised at the lack of supplemental info on this diet on the internet!!
costa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #455
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~day 13!!!!!~
Whoompa! I cannot believe tomorrow is my last shake day!! I did it! I will update my photos Saturday I hope.

Welcome to the newcomers! I just wanna say looking back, the first few days are the hardest. Like many plans. But once you get creative with the shakes, its really tasty and enjoyable. I think my favorite is the pumpkin spice shake. I gotta try Whippets recipe too! Also, play around with what meal is going to hold you over. At first I just did dinner..but early..like 4:30. Held me great. But when I did a late lunch..1:30-2:00...well that worked even better! I looked forward to a night-night shake! You may experience hunger but its not hunger as far as starving. Work through it!

Regarding the egg - I think Tril or one of our ladies did cook the egg seperate and I think that is a-ok. I do not do raw eggs. I did cook the egg slowly in the protein powder in the micromave and let it settle into kinda an egg, spongy thing. It was warm and passable. lol - Do not skimp on you HWC. Measure it out and go for it. I keep all my measuring devices, bullet in a Tupperware cntr on my countertop. If you work...consider bringing your blender to work. I used to work with this very fit guy...he would create these awsemose shakes in the work kitchen. No one minded.

Once you get going,. you may not be able to drink the 3rd shake.

costa5,
welcome to LCF! And yeah, just take it day by day. Give it a chance.
I posted above about the egg.

whippetlady,
wonderful progress!! Try and share what you are eating so we can copy sometimes! hahahaha

homestretch,
Happy October to you also! I love this month. Need to get the decorations out and get this place haunted!

NGJ26,
thanks for the compliment. I am getting compliments from DH also. Yeah!

Glamour Puss,
Welcome!! My body loooves the 160's. I am 5'7. Also, I am finally in the 150's...so thats gotta be something! I hope you have great success. Post often!

Birdstreet,
I hear ya! I was wondering if there were actually before and after of the Eade's success? Or anyone for that matter. That would have been good too see.

Morning Diamond Deb, Morning KrisJ!!

Tirjasdyn,
Hope your ickies are gone today. Baby that back! I hate back pain so much. Its very difficult to ignore.

DrunkenSailor,
Morning!!!

So...I am on the fence about supplementing with Leucine. Is it expensive?

Off and running on a field trip. Going to actually pack a rootbeer and an EAS shake. Not ideal but the rest of the folks want Subway! lol - And I want my meal at home tonight with real food I can control.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Morning everyone,

Day 4 for me! I just had my first shake of the day- I am hooked on the creamsicle and absolutley love it. One of my tricks, I keep my glass in the freezer and when I pour my shake into it, it gets super cold & thick, some of it is even like a soft ice cream - love it!

So I put my stuff in fit day last night - the carbs are net, less the fiber, right?

My calories were about 1300 without the 3rd shake. I got home late last night and could not do my last shake after dinner - I was too full.

For making my shakes at work I have Hamilton Beach single server blender - I think I paid about $12 for it at Walmart about a year ago. It's not super heavy duty but works great for the shake. Just an idea if you don't want to bring a full sized blender to work.

Hope you all have a great day!
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I just want to say eye to you all. Some of you I have seen B4. But alot of new faces as well.

Heres my ??? Do any of you drink ready made shakes. And if so what kind??
Thank you and always Good Luck
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
MellaBella - we're at the same spot on the plan. I'm on Day 4, too. Awesome trick about the glass in the freezer. I might have to try that!

Natasha - thanks for asking! So far, so good. I had that caffeine headache for a few days but so far, so good today! I'm also learning to enjoy my morning cup of decaf black, which is quite a switch from someone who usually drinks a little bit of coffee in their cream.
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #459
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Welcome Glamour Puss!
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #460

Welcome costa5!

From what I read I understood that the egg needs to be raw or barely cooked. I just add mine to my protein shake and blend. I would never know it was there if I didn't put it in myself. I do think it helps to keep me full longer as well as the other benefits the Eades wrote about in the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
I thought they didn't have enough success stories and I wish they would of listed the individuals measurements. Which would give a better idea of starting and ending points and realistic expectations. In one of the stories the lady lost 8 lbs, which is great... but how many inches??? This 6 week plan is suppose to flatten your belly fast!... and lose inches around your waist.

I am expressing this from a very personal perspective... I am interested in losing INCHES... I truly don't care about the number on the scale.

I want my waist to go down at least 6 inches... is that possible in 6 weeks? or a pipe dream? I am hoping I was doing the wrong thing for this year (30 lbs lost, but only about 3 inches off my waist)

Thanks for listening and I would love any insight

p.s. I am totally VAT dominant (there is less than an inch difference between my S-SAD and L-SAD)... this was not a surprise to me
More success stories with inches lost rather than scale weight would have been great. Like you, I am interested inches not scale weight. Inches mean fat lost & that is what makes a difference in appearance. But I was convinced by the Drs. Eades experience & the reasoning behind it even without success stories. The only success I am really concerned with is mine & I won't know that until I follow the plan myself so that is what I'm doing.

My wish is that they'd have at least given easy to use exchanges for the meals. What they have is not user friendly. Knowing how many veggie/fruit serving we can have per meal would be helpful for those of us not following the plan. The amounts on the list don't necessarily correspond to the amounts shown in the meals.

Natasha, the shakes sound wonderful! I've got True Lime on my shopping list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Well, I think Diamond Deb asked for my measurements, so I will summarize them here

This is the result for the phase 1, the Protein Shake weeks on the 6WC

Weight... -7.4 lbs
Butt.... -1 1/8"
Belly ... -2"
Waist.... -1 3/4 "
Ribs.... -1/2 "
Bust.... No change

Pretty darn convincing! Look at the change in the measurements in the middle!!

I am very happy so far. Today is my first day of the Phase 2.

Thanks for sharing. Those are great two week results!

Good luck with phase 2. I am really anxious for that part and I am not even through week 2 yet. I'm curious as to how results from phase 1 & phase 2 will compare. since the first two weeks are the detox it would seem to me that weeks 3 & 4 should give even better losses in inches.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I just want to say eye to you all. Some of you I have seen B4. But alot of new faces as well.

Hi Daisey,

I don't do ready made shakes - I make mine using the Jay Robb protein powder. I don't recall if the book addresses ready made shakes. I'm sure someone else will chime in....
Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaBella View Post
Day 4 for me! I just had my first shake of the day- I am hooked on the creamsicle and absolutley love it. One of my tricks, I keep my glass in the freezer and when I pour my shake into it, it gets super cold & thick, some of it is even like a soft ice cream - love it!

So I put my stuff in fit day last night - the carbs are net, less the fiber, right?

My calories were about 1300 without the 3rd shake. I got home late last night and could not do my last shake after dinner - I was too full.

For making my shakes at work I have Hamilton Beach single server blender - I think I paid about $12 for it at Walmart about a year ago. It's not super heavy duty but works great for the shake. Just an idea if you don't want to bring a full sized blender to work.

Hope you all have a great day!
I love the shakes when I get them to come out like soft serve ice cream.

Carbs are less fiber, yes.

The glass idea sounds great! I used to have some glasses that were supposed to be kept in the fridge to insulate them.

I've made a shakes in the morning from home for the afternoon at work. I'd just keep it in a cooler & it would be fine. Of course there was no egg in it.

Quote:

No, I do not use RTD shakes. Most, if not all contain ingredients I do not want to consume. It can also be pretty expensive.

The ones made in a blender are always much better tasting, too. If I was in a bind and on the run I'd just mix water with protein powder in a shaker.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #463

Have all of you been getting the suggested 7 hours per night of sleep?

I have most nights but not all. I know that getting too little rest/sleep can halt progress.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #464
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdstreet
Stats: 38"/36"/30"... Stomach Fat Only :(
WOE: 6 Week Cure
Start Date: October 1st, 2009
Good Morning Everyone... So today is the official first day of the diet for me. However yesterday was a slightly modified version (I can't get to the store until this evening to get some things like HWC and eggs).

Here is what I ate yesterday:
3 Shakes (2 scoops GNC max protein choclate, 10 oz water, splash of 2% milk)
dinner: plain hot dog, small avocado with salt and pepper, and 3 slices of whole fat cheddar cheese.

Natasha: Thank you for the encouraging words. I am confident in the Eades experience and even though I am not middle age, I know that my struggle starting in my mid twenties has been VAT fat due to a high insulin resistance (genetic disposition). Bye Bye VAT FAT!!!

Whippet Lady: Thank you for posting your success... it is alway encouraging to hear when individuals are successful. 2 " off the waist in two weeks is great... Wishing you many more in the the next two weeks

Stevie: I was wondering if due to rush from the publisher, they didn't have time to compile all the stories that they wanted in the book? I hope that as more and more success stories arise from these boards, they add them in the next reprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
More success stories with inches lost rather than scale weight would have been great. Like you, I am interested inches not scale weight. Inches mean fat lost & that is what makes a difference in appearance. But I was convinced by the Drs. Eades experience & the reasoning behind it even without success stories. The only success I am really concerned with is mine & I won't know that until I follow the plan myself so that is what I'm doing.

My wish is that they'd have at least given easy to use exchanges for the meals. What they have is not user friendly. Knowing how many veggie/fruit serving we can have per meal would be helpful for those of us not following the plan. The amounts on the list don't necessarily correspond to the amounts shown in the meals.
Diamond Deb: I totally agree with your assessment of the Eades experience and reasoning. My PCP has been encouraging a low carb diet to almost all of his patients for the past twenty years, due to his own experiences with patients when he was a heart surgeon. He has told me many times that people who replace at least one meal a day with a protein shake are way less likely to gain the weight they lose back.

I totally agree with the food substitution idea for the dinners. Especially in the meat area for me. Sometimes I get home late due to work and I don't want to whip up an entire meal (last night was a good example). Hopefully they will start posting this information when they finally get the "6 Week Cure Blog" up and running.

Love,
Sarah

p.s. I am starting a blog about my experience with the is diet and being and "apple shaped" body. It is my first blog so any feedback would be great.
Apple to the Core
Birdstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #465
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Have all of you been getting the suggested 7 hours per night of sleep?

I have most nights but not all. I know that getting too little rest/sleep can halt progress.
Good point. When I am short on sleep, I noticed the scale did not move much, but getting a good 8-9 hours would almost ensure a drop the next morning. I do indeed agree that lots of sleep is essential.

:blush:Well, that and I was sooo tired these first two weeks.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
I felt better last night and got a shake in and some of my roast (num!)

However after a couple hours the nausea came back and I lost it all to the porcelain throne.

I feel awful today. Called the doc, who told me to to wait a few more days and stick to plain yogurt. So I'm off plan and I feel sick.

ARRGGGh.
Tirjasdyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirjasdyn View Post
I felt better last night and got a shake in and some of my roast (num!)

However after a couple hours the nausea came back and I lost it all to the porcelain throne.

I feel awful today. Called the doc, who told me to to wait a few more days and stick to plain yogurt. So I'm off plan and I feel sick.

ARRGGGh.
Is it possible that you have a food intolerance to something in the shakes? HOpe you feel better soon.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
could you all list some of your favorite shake recipes, i have tried the rootbeer and cream and is very good.

thanks
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Daisey,

I don't do ready made shakes - I make mine using the Jay Robb protein powder. I don't recall if the book addresses ready made shakes. I'm sure someone else will chime in....
thank you and thank you to DiamondDeb
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #470
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

The book only talks about the basic content of your shakes... I think you would be fine using "ready made" shakes as long as the following applies:

15 grams of protein minimum per serving
3 grams of carbs max per serving
Leucine (some ready made shakes might not have this in it, so you might have to take a supplement... which you can find on Nutritional Vitamin & Health Supplements, Herb & Herbal Remedies & Multi Vitamin Supplements - The Vitamin Shoppe for between $20-$30 in both pill and powder form)
* Also remeber that depending on your current weight and the size of your "ready made shakes" you may need to be drinking double *

Another suggestion I would make is getting a shaker cup from either the vitamin shoppe or my favorite the Blender Bottle (I got it at GNC) and mixing it that way. I just fill up my bottle with water and HWC, then I put the 2 scoops of protein powder in little plastic bag and when I am ready I just combine and shake. It is a little thinner on the shake side, but still really good if you use a good protein powder like Jay Robb or GNC Max protein.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #471
Blabbermouth!!!

Sarah, thank you that helps alot.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #472
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes!

Birdstreet - you and I are starting this on the same day. I'll be following your posts with interest!

Stevie Renee & Doamond Deb - thanks for the feedback on the egg. I'll check back with the book and see what they say. I have to admit, its nice to actually chew on something during the day.

whippetlady - thanks for posting those awesome stats - very encouraging!!

I was tired today from the caffeine withdrawal but otherwise okay. Dinner is only 45 minutes away and I am definitely ready to eat real food. I bought bison steaks to celebrate our first day. I am not worrying too much about substitutions on the vegetables - as long as they are roughly equal carbs. I'm subbing kale for spinach and tomatillo for tomato. Then I still have one more shake to go! I'm feeling pretty good right now like I can keep this up!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Today was strange, I was away from home, and really in a hurry with lots of errands, so I took my "meal" of the day as chicken wings, and had one about noon and brought 2 more home to have for supper, couldn't have any shakes, so had decaf coffee with cream a couple times. I am still in phase 1.
I don't think it's agood idea to split the meal like that, but thought it was better than completely trashing the plan.
At least tonight I can be home and have a good shake before bedtime. Really takes a lot of planning ahead, doesn't it?
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #474
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costa5 View Post
Birdstreet - you and I are starting this on the same day. I'll be following your posts with interest!
Welcome Costa5... I will be following you too!

A few questions for anyone:

1. I know we are suppose to have 3 shakes a day, with 2 scoops of protein powder if our weight is between 130-180. My question is do you think it would be okay to break up one of those shakes to 2 each with 1 scoop of protein powder. In a nutshell I would be having 4 shakes/ 2 with 2 scoops each and 2 with 1 scoop each. What do you think?

2. Also the book does not really address working out in regards to this plan and I was wondering if I should increase my shake or food intake on days I am doing intense weight training and cardio... like tonight (60 minutes of intense spin and 30 minutes of weight training.) I burn about 700-900 calories on those days. I really enjoy working out now, so its not really an option for me to stop during this plan. Also it helps with my stress

I would appreciate any input from anyone and everyone
Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So our protein intake is really high during the first 2 weeks - mine was 172g today and that was with 2 shakes, not 3. I always understood that excessive protein is not good - any thoughts on this?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #476

Quote:
So our protein intake is really high during the first 2 weeks - mine was 172g today and that was with 2 shakes, not 3. I always understood that excessive protein is not good - any thoughts on this?
I realize it may seem like a lot but this is not excessive protein. It is a good thing.

I've had some of my best fatloss results on a plan that had me eating about 100g more than that.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #477
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
What a day! We were out and abut all day at an art museum, garden, library. I am bushed but I did excellant...but..I took an EAS shake while everyone ate chips, cookies, Subway. I was famished! Those ready mades are not doable. lol

Birdstreet,
Re question number one I did that very thing once in awhile as long as by the days end, I was at my optimal numbers, calorieas, carbs..all good. As far as intense work out, I think Diamond Deb is the one to help on this. I do moderate exercise everyday - walking and water aerobics. I have not needed anything.

Nitenurse,
no worries..you will get into a groove.

costa5,
you are welcome...also, if you add berries once in awhile, theres the chewing once in awhile.

Sunny...
I love the vanilla with pumpkin spice. I add just enough ice to fluff it up. (vanilla, spices, hwc)..of course rootbeer which you like. And some other funs ones are the mojitos Deb came up with. Plus I saw some blackberry. I also like vanilla with real strawberries. Also..dont forget chocolate with decaff coffee. Lots of ideas

Hi to all!

I had tritip and loaded broccolli..delish!

I am pooped...night all.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #478
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. Dinner last night was fabulous. I used the rub from the grilled flank steak recipe but put it on our bison NY strips instead along with some low sodium soy sauce. It was really good - didn't miss the steak sauce at all. After that high moment things kind of went downhill. I got a massive headache while putting the kids to bed so I went to bed early. I never got my 3rd shake in. I didn't want to take anything for it since in the book they suggest not taking ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc.. and I thought it might go away if I went to sleep. Wrong! Woke up at 11 with a throbbing head and finally broke down and took a couple of aspirin. I have to admit I had a weak moment or two while I was lying in bed wondering about the cause of the headache... the supplements? the lack of caffeine.. the protein shakes?? Glad to report I feel fine this morning and dh lost close to 4 lbs yesterday! Obviously this is mostly water but he is now at a lower weight than he's been in well over a decade. I am counting this morning's weight as my starting weight because I had a horribly carb-heavy 4-5 days before starting this and was holding on to a lot of water.

birdstreet - I honestly can't think of a reason why not to customize the shakes as you mentioned. They lay it out as it is so that it is foolproof and my guess is that most people would find it too cumbersome to make 4 shakes or more a day.

As for the working out - i have no idea. I also lift weights and I don't plan to eat any more on my workout days. My inclination would be to take it easy on exercise temporarily while you are eating this way instead of adding more food to the plan.

Mella - I wouldn't worry about the protein. You gotta get your calories somewhere! I think they have you eating so much protein in order to maintain lean muscle mass and force your liver to metabolize fat while you are restricting calories these first few weeks.

My goals for today: Stay on track, stay positive, get the stuff to make meatloaf for dinner.

Challenges: My mom and step dad just bought a house near us and my step-dad is coming up for the weekend while my mom goes to a reunion. I think we're going to have dinners with him and he mentioned getting a pizza and we usually drink wine with him, too. I've got to figure out how to handle this since their kitchen is not really set up yet... and I'm not sure if he has some attachment to the idea that we all eat over at the new house or what. I can always bring dinner over but we're probably going to have to explain about this diet which I hate doing.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gr82bthin
Stats: 205/199/150
WOE: LC/ Atkins
Start Date: August 3, 2012
My 5th day on week 1 and have lost 2.25 pounds. Haven't done the measuring, but yesterday I put on my size 12 pants and could actually wear them. I have been wearing the same pants in a size 14 for the last 6 weeks.

I love the shakes! My favs are:
Creamsicle: Orange or Tangerine diet soda, hwc, vanilla pp
Root Beer Float: Root Beer, hwc, vanilla pp

I do veer from the plan at night and have 1 oz of roasted almonds with my night chocolate shake. I like the salt and the crunch.

I list everything in ****** and seem to be on track with the recommendations in the book. Just wanted to check in with everyone!
Linda
Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Costa- I am pretty sure it was from lack of caffeine. I had them bad the first two evenings, but by the third day it was mild and by day four, completely gone. I don't
even drink that much, probably 2-3 mugs, in the mornings only. I am now drinking half caf/decaf, but am on phase 2.
I hope they go away quick!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote