Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Hurrah! to those who are seeing such great results. It must be so gratifying to get that smaller waist measurement so quickly too.
I am interested in seeing how the next phase works for everyone and if it sticks in the long run.
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Day 12~
Did Deb say the weeks kinda drag a bit when drinking the shakes? I agree! lol

Since TOM is fast approaching, I don't want to lose my momentum so I will stop weighing in until I get going in the weeks 3/4 ( I think...lol) - So in 12 days I went from 163.5 (actually after my meal the night before I saw 166.5 but I must account for all the food in my gut!) and my last weigh I saw 159. I am happt to have lost that amount!! I was reading Jimmy's blog. He lost 14 pounds and his wife lost 4.5- so that was interesting.

My calories like I mentioned have been right where they need to be and my carbs between 22 to 29..right where they need to be. Gotta love ******. Keeps it real.

And like Whippet (CONGRATS!!!! Wonderful loss!!) I was able to pull on a pair of size 6 Levi jeans that I hid in the closet. (99% cotton, 1 spandex) No muffin top! But.....I would like them to not be as fitted so on word I go. I am stoked. The real test is trying on a size 6 skinny jean I have...they have no soandex...lol..and they don't lie ladies! - If I can get into those and strut, I will be in great shape and highly motivated to by pass all the temptations the holidays have to offer.

Also..my husband is marinating tri-tip and we are going bulk shopping today.He is fully supportive of my endeavors. I decided my two weeks will be very simple...lots of bacon, eggs,. hamburger, salsa...if I do salsa, thats just enougj flavor and low carbs to stay in the 20 carb zone. Biggest hurdle is going to be a sweet tooth that I have battled with for my whole life. I will need some major hand holding! LMAO!! - PSL I will not eat any chicken breast. I am going for the full fat throttle starting Saturday. lol

MellaBella,
welcome! The only way really to know about your meal balance ( in my humble opinion, is to use ****** and measure) I just stuck it in my mind about the 30 carbs and I kept a good watch on my ****** screen as I went. Also, chicken breast is good but I wanna say that you may need more fat in your meals. Enjoy the cheese these 2 weeks because come week 3/4, out it goes. Enjoy the shakeas. I have yet to tire of them cuz like most of us, we get creative. Now if we were told we would have to drink those ready-made-shakes, I would have failed. They just do not stick to the ribs at all. lol..keep up the great work and post!!

Whippet,
so excited for you. Good luck at the game. Enjoy

Homestretch,
thank you!!! I value your support. Will be interesting seeing how we fair on those 2 weeks. Congrats on your measurements! Woohoo!

Tril,
whatcha eating today?! How are you?

DrunkenSailor,
just keep pushing throught the hunger...and I think as long as by the end of the day, your carbs are under 30, you are good to go. A pound a day!!! Jealous!!!

Morning to all who pop in.....

FOOD:

2 shakes - vanilla with rootbeer, hwc
water: 60 ounces
Food: tritip with loaded brocolli, straweberries

I will update my photo blog on Sat..hoping to see a change in the pix. Maybe I will take a picture of my size 6 jeans. lol Woohoo!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathieinut View Post
Hurrah! to those who are seeing such great results. It must be so gratifying to get that smaller waist measurement so quickly too.
I am interested in seeing how the next phase works for everyone and if it sticks in the long run.
Hi! You posted same time as me. Just work the plan...even a small change is a change!! You got this...keep it going.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Thanks Stevie and even though I am not doing the plan right now I can would love to see it succeed so that when I am ready I can get the benefits LOL
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Feeling extremely sick today. (TMI) I puked trying to get my shake down this morning...it didn't taste bad...I guess I'm still sick.

Compromise...a plain hardboiled egg for lunch and snack. I better be feeling better today I'm cooking a roast tonight for dinner. I even stuffed it with garlic this morning.

I also threw out my back again. Stupid laundry basket.

The only good point is today I fit in all my size 10 clothing. It's even loose!

Marebella: When in doubt add butter. I love butter. It really gets the fat in.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 133, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
"Tril,
whatcha eating today?! How are you?"

Hey Stevie! I'm going GOOD. I got up early and went for a long walk with a friend (our 4.5 mile route) and then went grocery shopping for our long weekend at camp. It's sure going to be a challenge there. I'll have everything I need... but the rest of the stuff... whoa. Menu is planned, though. This is what we're having for dinners:

Chicken fajitas, tortilla chips with salsa, apple crisp (I'll have chicken and some of the peppers).

Steak with roasted potato and veggies, salad (I'll have steak and a small salad).

Sausage with onions/peppers in rolls, baked beans (I'll have sausage and leftover salad).

I'll have to avoid the banana bread (it's baking right now... omg...), the apple crisp, the PNB rice krispie squares, the chips and dips, the CHEESE, the coffee, the pancakes, the muffins, the bread, the rolls, the candy, etc.

WHAT THE H#%% WAS I THINKING??? LOL

Wish me luck!

Oh, today I didn't have b'fast. For lunch I had baked chicken wings. Tonight? Probably leftover roast beef. I'll also have a snack in there... most likely eggs. For veggies... a cucumber, a small salad, half a green pepper or a tomato. I like a thick slice of ripe tomato on top of a hunk of iceberg lettuce with a dollop of mayo on top... dust it with paprika. Simple veggie side.

Later!
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Birdstreet
Stats: 38"/36"/30"... Stomach Fat Only :(
WOE: 6 Week Cure
Start Date: October 1st, 2009
New and Fighting

Hi Everyone... I just found this blog last night during another night of insomnia. I have been fighting for years to lose the weight in the middle.
I am not obese... I am just an apple to the core.
Why I don't technically qualify as "middle age"... I qualify for everything else.
Stats:
Female
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 147 (starting weight 16 months ago 177)

I have hypertriglyceridemia and I take Vytorin for it everyday. This leads me to believe that I have severe insulin resistance and therefore most likely metabolic syndrome, since I have to fight to take the weight off.

Anyways I am going to start today on the diet (I will buy the book this afternoon).

I wanted to ask what kind of exercise if any you guys are doing while on this program and if so has it increased your results.
Birdstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #428
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Ok, today is my last Shake Day. Got on the scale this morning and I am down a total of 7 lbs for the Shake weeks. I will gladly take it !!! I thought, wow, I will feel fantastic if I lose 5, so 7? BONUS!!
Have box seats for Friday night's Reds game. Free food in the box. I sure hope there is alot of meat.

How many inches did you lose?
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Thanks Stevie. Using ****** sounds like a good idea - I'll plug in my day when I get home & see how I did.

I did saute my chicken in 1T of olive oil - do you think I'd need more fat than that? I guess once I plug my stuff into ****** & see what my calories are, I can always adjust if I need to by adding more fat.
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
I just don't have the time to cook according to the recipes. I think I get around 18-20 carbs in my shakes, and aim for about 5-10 with dinner. Does this sound way off for weeks one and two?
That's good. The shakes will vary a lot just on the type of protein power used since it can contain up to 3g carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I measured this morning and I have lost 1.5 inches off of my waist and 1/2 inch off of my hips. I am thrilled to have lost that much off of my waist in a bit under 2 weeks. I can really tell a difference in my "belly fat". I actually look like I have a bit of a waist and to be honest I have never had much of a waist. I have a pretty straight build other than big b00bs lol.

I am really proud of all of us!!!!
That is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaBella View Post
Hi Ladies,

I have been following your thread and am on week 1, day 3 of this plan. I'm really enjoying the shakes. Like Deb, I put orange extract in my vanilla shakes and it is DELICIOUS!!

I'm having my meal in the evening, when I get home from work. I don't follow the meal plans/ recipes in the book, but am using the vegetable exchanges at the back of the book. From what I can tell, based on the meal plans, it looks like each meal contains 3 vegetable/fruit exchanges. Would you all agree? I want to make sure I'm not eating the wrong amount of carbs. For example my meal last night was a sauteed chicken breast, 2 small/baby artichokes and 1/2 c. of tomato sauce.

Thanks
I don't follow the meal plans either. I really wish they would have put in a basic amount of exchanges or something. The serving sizes they have for veggies in the meals is different than the ones listed in the back & that makes it hard to know what to do. It doesn't look like 3 veggie/fruit servings to me. A single serving of broccoli is listed at 2 cups. I've been having one or two servings of a veggie with dinner.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirjasdyn View Post
Feeling extremely sick today. (TMI) I puked trying to get my shake down this morning...it didn't taste bad...I guess I'm still sick.

Compromise...a plain hardboiled egg for lunch and snack. I better be feeling better today I'm cooking a roast tonight for dinner. I even stuffed it with garlic this morning.

I also threw out my back again. Stupid laundry basket.

The only good point is today I fit in all my size 10 clothing. It's even loose!

Marebella: When in doubt add butter. I love butter. It really gets the fat in.
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're better soon.

Congrats on the clothes!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Tril**Beware I baked an incredible apple crisp last night and I picked at it twice ugggghhhh! I just do not need any extra carbs creeping in but it was soooooo good. I love to cook and bake (and eat) this time of year but it is incredibly hard to not taste.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #433

Cathieinut,
Oh! Well whatcha waiting for? Go for it before the big holidays hit! Just think what you can do before those cameras come out! nudge, nudge!!!

Tirjasdyn!
oh no! Well feel better. Can you rest today?

Tril!!
Goodness..your menu looks yummy. I wish you well!!

Birdstreet,
welcome to LCF!

MellaBella,
if it were me, not enough fat. lol - See what ****** does with your calories, carbs.

Hi Diamond Deb!
Did you recommend a pumpkin shake?

I made vanilla shake, hwc, ice, water and pumpkin spice with a dash of cinnamon. I wonder if spices are allowed?! lol

To die for!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post

I made vanilla shake, hwc, ice, water and pumpkin spice with a dash of cinnamon. I wonder if spices are allowed?! lol
That sounds SOOOO good!
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #435
Junior LCF Member

My suggestion for protein powder

Hi Everyone... I am new to this board, but I am a big fan of protein powder. So the first two weeks will be easier than the 3&4 weeks for me, especially since I am not a huge fan of eating ALL meat. We will see how I do

Anyways here is the protein powder I recommend: GNC Max Protein Chocolate
(I have not tried Vanilla or Strawberry or Cookie and Cream)
per serving: (1 scoop)
118 calories
3 g carbs
22 g protein
Leucine 2397 mg (which if you are like me and you do 3 shakes a day/2 scoops, there is no need to add additional leucine. You would be getting almost 14g)

Its delicious and there are even recipes online on how to make ice cream.

It is not the cheapest protein powder however GNC runs specials all the time, like buy one get one 1/2 off etc...
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #436

Quote:
Hi Diamond Deb!
Did you recommend a pumpkin shake?

To die for!!!!
Yes, spices should be fine as long as they don't have added fillers. Most don't but it is always good to check.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
Hi Everyone... I am new to this board, but I am a big fan of protein powder. So the first two weeks will be easier than the 3&4 weeks for me, especially since I am not a huge fan of eating ALL meat. We will see how I do

Anyways here is the protein powder I recommend: GNC Max Protein Chocolate
(I have not tried Vanilla or Strawberry or Cookie and Cream)
per serving: (1 scoop)
118 calories
3 g carbs
22 g protein
Leucine 2397 mg (which if you are like me and you do 3 shakes a day/2 scoops, there is no need to add additional leucine. You would be getting almost 14g)

Its delicious and there are even recipes online on how to make ice cream.

It is not the cheapest protein powder however GNC runs specials all the time, like buy one get one 1/2 off etc...

Weeks 3 & 4 are not meat only but the carbs are pretty low.

I'm a big shake fan, too, and I think weeks 3 & 4 will be more of a challenge for me, too.

I'm using Jay Robb protein powder & enjoying that. I think most of the whey protein powder contains enough leucine that we don't need to add more. I will need to supplement for weeks 3 & 4 though.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 160 ( or more?) Goal is 140 5'5 small frame
Start Date: restarted May 2014
Quote:
I wonder if spices are allowed?! lol

To die for!!!!
Well, I made a vanilla shake with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, cardmom and a dash of black pepper. CHAI!! oh, it was lovely.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
I think most of the whey protein powder contains enough leucine that we don't need to add more. I will need to supplement for weeks 3 & 4 though.
Great point about the leucine. Where do you get the supplements? And what do they look like? pills, drops, powder?
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
Great point about the leucine. Where do you get the supplements? And what do they look like? pills, drops, powder?
Leucine is available in capsule & powder form that I know of. I have only checked at a local Vitamin Shoppe and all they carried was the capsule form & they were out. It can most likely be ordered from most supplement places online, too.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #441
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm using Jay Robb protein powder & enjoying that. I think most of the whey protein powder contains enough leucine that we don't need to add more. I will need to supplement for weeks 3 & 4 though.

Good luck!
Thank you for welcoming me Diamond Deb!

I heard Jay Robb is really good and my friend Jenni swears if you mix the chocolate with peanut butter (which I know is not allowed on this plan), it tastes just like a peanut butter cup.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdstreet View Post
Thank you for welcoming me Diamond Deb!

I heard Jay Robb is really good and my friend Jenni swears if you mix the chocolate with peanut butter (which I know is not allowed on this plan), it tastes just like a peanut butter cup.
I call that a Butterfinger shake! It really is very good.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 133, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
Birdstreet... your friend's pnb and protein powder reminded me of something a friend of mine used to make. She would take protein powder, dry milk powder, PNB, cocoa, raisins and oatmeal and mix it together to make a "log". It was too sticky to be a bar, but she would wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it... it was really good. Not for this plan, but it was good. I think she was on Weight Watchers then.

Still not sure if I'm leaving tonight or at O'dark-thirty tomorrow. I'm ready... just depends on how dh feels about driving four hours tonight after driving two hours to get home from work.

If I don't get back on... see you all on Sunday!!!

And... BE GOOD!
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
Birdstreet... your friend's pnb and protein powder reminded me of something a friend of mine used to make. She would take protein powder, dry milk powder, PNB, cocoa, raisins and oatmeal and mix it together to make a "log". It was too sticky to be a bar, but she would wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it... it was really good. Not for this plan, but it was good. I think she was on Weight Watchers then.

Still not sure if I'm leaving tonight or at O'dark-thirty tomorrow. I'm ready... just depends on how dh feels about driving four hours tonight after driving two hours to get home from work.

If I don't get back on... see you all on Sunday!!!

And... BE GOOD!
Good luck this weekend. Stay strong & stay safe.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #445

That bar sounds very good. lol...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Lol, I'm feeling better after lunch...though my back hurts.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Tril: Have fun on your trip!

I have garlic stuffed roast waiting for me in the crock at home. I can't wait for the meat weeks.
Tirjasdyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KrisJ
Stats: 280+/210/115
WOE: LC my way-Carb/Fat/Calorie Cycling
Start Date: Restart 7/5/09
Quote:
I've never done VLC but this new plan by the Drs. Eades is not a VLC plan. Not sure if you thought it was or not? There is a lot more to it than just cutting carbs. The first two weeks are a liver detox & that helps to get rid of the fat around the middle.

I'd suggest checking out the book at the library or a bookstore. It may be just what you need.
I have the book and have read it. They talk about Meat and Eggs being an ideal diet and then their recipes have some carbs added in even on the meat weeks.
I guess I was just curious as to the impact. of the plan after doing VLC since this diet does add a bit more carbs. I'm thinking about trying it, but I don't want my body to say...oh, carbs! Let's horde them and the fat!
Does that make sense? In this situation I would be upping my carbs...probably not the typical joiner who would be lowering theirs.
Pant Size Start - 26 how embarrassing!!
KrisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisJ View Post
I have the book and have read it. They talk about Meat and Eggs being an ideal diet and then their recipes have some carbs added in even on the meat weeks.
I guess I was just curious as to the impact. of the plan after doing VLC since this diet does add a bit more carbs. I'm thinking about trying it, but I don't want my body to say...oh, carbs! Let's horde them and the fat!
Does that make sense? In this situation I would be upping my carbs...probably not the typical joiner who would be lowering theirs.
I understand where you're coming from. It's a good question but I really don't think you would be taking in enough carbs to gain fat even though you have not been eating that many. It's just veggies and some fruit if you chose to add it. It may be good to shake things up.

The first two weeks, the shakes, no caffeine, no alcohol, no unnecessary meds, etc. might be more telling than the meat weeks. Unless you don't do those either. It sounds like the first two weeks are a prep to get the most out of the meat weeks.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #449
Junior LCF Member

where are the weight loss sucess stories?

Hi again everyone... thank you for all the warm welcomes

So I bought the book today and just finished reading almost all of it. I enjoyed the information, especially the part about the history of WHR and the diet plan and recipe suggestions look pretty good to me (I have never used almond flour and I am excited to give it a try).

Don't get upset, but I am going to be a little critical for just a moment:

I thought they didn't have enough success stories and I wish they would of listed the individuals measurements. Which would give a better idea of starting and ending points and realistic expectations. In one of the stories the lady lost 8 lbs, which is great... but how many inches??? This 6 week plan is suppose to flatten your belly fast!... and lose inches around your waist.

I am expressing this from a very personal perspective... I am interested in losing INCHES... I truly don't care about the number on the scale.

I want my waist to go down at least 6 inches... is that possible in 6 weeks? or a pipe dream? I am hoping I was doing the wrong thing for this year (30 lbs lost, but only about 3 inches off my waist)

Thanks for listening and I would love any insight

p.s. I am totally VAT dominant (there is less than an inch difference between my S-SAD and L-SAD)... this was not a surprise to me
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
Hi. I'm subscribing to this thread and going to give it a go too. I've been doing VLC and am stuck at the same place I always get stuck and then lose my motivation. I don't want to lose my motivation again. I've been hovering between 160-163 lbs and I need to at least get back into the mid 150s. I've ordered the book and a couple vats of protein powder so will start as soon as my protein powder arrives!
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote