Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Meg--- wow that is so incredible. I am so mad at myself for never measuring. I am going to do it this morning, post eating my brekky, so at least I can see what happens in the last 4 weeks.
Tril-You are doing so well!
Are we the only ones in phase 2 ?
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Meg**That is incredible!!!!!! Way to go!

I just caught up on the threads. I reread the book last night on weeks 3-4 and the book says absolutely no dairy other than butter or a tablespoon of heavy cream in your coffee. They do advise using a splash of cream so that we do not end up taking in 3-4 tablespoons in a day due to the fact that it is so calorie dense. They just stressed that many patients get derailed by taking in too much butter, cream or cheese which is why they restrict it.

Disheartening news on my end and I do not know what to do. I just figured out that TOM is suppose to arrive in the next few days. I am terrible at keeping track of when Aunt Flo will arrive since my DH got "fixed" (TMI). My weigh in should be Thurs or Fri and this will certainly mess with my results. Do I go ahead and weigh? Or wait until it is behind me so the water gain doesn't interfere? I have been grouchy and weepy so I checked the calendar and sure enough....it's about that time.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Homestretch,-- I can only speak for myself, but I always go up a lb. or two about a day before I start, sometimes two days. I then, CANNOT drop lbs until I am completely done. So, basically, I have about a full week of bad. THe good news is that I usually drop the gained 1-2 lbs plus 1-2 the next week.
SOOOOOO.....................if you think it might be a few days away, I would weigh NOW, before all the wacky stuff happens, hormonally.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #394
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Day 11~
I put strawberries in my vanilla shake and it was delish. For some reason, I was anxious with my mind thoughts thinking I am not going to show much success with this plan. I dusted myself off and told myself to snap out if it. The 20 carbs a day are going to be the kicker so hang on.

Way to go to everyone doing so awesome!

Homestretch,
I am in the same boat. TOM is approaching in a week and I am sure it will mess with the numnbers. Stay on or off...hmm.depends. I usually gain a pound to 3 pounds on TOM so what I will do uis stay off. I know what my starting weight was and since the first 2 weeks are not about weight loss, the true measure will be at the end of six weeks - both scale & measurements really.

I will be adding shakes once in awhile during week 3 & 4.

Also, sigh...I think I will drink my itty bitty wine Saturday night. Its date night and I love that time with him. I just need to say this out loud...a little itty bit of wine! And no cheats. I will need to up the fat Saturday night.

Menu today:
water
Shakes: Vanilla, HWC, Rootbeer
Meal: Fish, cucumbers, cheese - I hope this holds me.

You guys are all so inspiring!!!!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
Homestretch,-- I can only speak for myself, but I always go up a lb. or two about a day before I start, sometimes two days. I then, CANNOT drop lbs until I am completely done. So, basically, I have about a full week of bad. THe good news is that I usually drop the gained 1-2 lbs plus 1-2 the next week.
SOOOOOO.....................if you think it might be a few days away, I would weigh NOW, before all the wacky stuff happens, hormonally.
Great idea!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is exactly how I am. It has to be done before the weight goes back down. I am actually due to start tomorrow but am not always on time. I have to think about it. If I would have calculated prior to breakfast I probably would have weighed today.....oh well. I do agree with **Stevie** that it is a 6 week plan and I can weigh at any time because it is really about the big picture (I just want to know what I have accomplished over the last two weeks.).
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #397

I forgot to brag..I saw 159 this morning. It stuck.

Woohoo!

PS: My calories average right now about 1200-1500 - did I say that all ready? My carbs have been 22ish..but since I start Saturday with the 20 carbs, I am upping my carbs to the 30 this week on purpose (probably in strawberries, veggies) - I think I really am going to leave the 160's! Its been forever.

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 09-29-2009 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
Morning everyone!

Day 1 went well! Had 2 Black Forest and one Caramel Cappucino yesterday as well as my real breakfast.

This morning I had the same breakfast .... eggs, bacon, 1/2 grapefruit and a cup of black decaf coffee.

I like the shakes so far .. takes the guess work out of meal prep.

Tomorrow I go back to work and I'm going to have to figure out what to do shake wise. I know we have a blender in the breakroom but it's a huge monstrous noisy thing. I might just bring shake fixings and a shaker/blender tupperware.
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Thanks for answering ladies! I am just eating to hunger and notice I cannot finish a meal.

You all reading Jimmy Moores blog? He mentions the Eade's designed the 2 weeks for liver cleansing, not weight loss. Interesting!
Actually that's exactly why I'm doing it...my liver isn't in the best shape.

The continued weightloss is a side bene.
Tirjasdyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tirjasdyn
Stats: 175/182/150
WOE: Duvan
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Okay time to check in:

I caught the flu last Saturday. Blargh. I Still feel nauseated. So my restart is reset for Monday.

To those that love the Orange extract...ME TOO. OMG it makes the shakes for me. I add orange oil to all of them now.

I snuck on the scale. I'm down 4lbs after being sick. I'm hoping they stay off. I did well yesterday and so far I've had one berry orange shake this morning and one waiting for me in my office fridge. I used one egg for each.

Tonight I plan to have a small dish of loaded cauli and either chicken or beef. I have a roast to cook for tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #401
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
"I've never done VLC but this new plan by the Drs. Eades is not a VLC plan."

DD, Weeks 3 & 4 are VLC. You can have 5 to 6 net grams of carb at each meal... none for snacks. I consider 15 - 18 ng a day very low as it's even less than Atkins Induction.
I know what the carb level is for weeks 3 & 4. Never having doner VLC I didn't consider that to be VLC. It's a lot more carbs than those doing VLC on this site seem to eat. I have not found a specific amount of carbs listed as VLC either. Every source I researched had a different idea on what the amount of carbs for VLC actually is.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Today is the day I give blood. I have never given blood. In the past, I was anemic and sort of used this as an excuse. Today that changes and perhaps it will become a lifelong practice.

Snaggle:
Glad to here this!

Because I am giving blood things will run a little different today. I did not fast as the book suggested, I had my morning shake at about 7 a.m. (giving blood at 1) I packed a snack (pepperoni, cheese & a couple sm. dill pickles) to eat after I donate and then will go home and have a Strawberry Mojito shake

Can't wait to enjoy my predonate high octane iced coffee! WOOHOO

DiamondDeb
~ can you tell me approximately how much of the extracts you use? Thanks in advance!

Dinner tonight will be Beef with sauteed onions, mushrooms & Provolone cheese, side veggie, hopefully spinach if it hasn't gone bad

Chrysalis
I wish I could give an exact amount for the extracts. I just put a few drops in and them take a taste. Sometimes I get too much in. I have never once actually measured. Extracts are pretty strong, though, and it should take only 2-3 drops.

I'm still not sure if fasting before donating is a good idea for me. I have always been lucky to squeak by after eating an iron rich meal. Sometimes I would not pass and have to try again the next day.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Ladies, something monumental happened today. I put on a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably snug, creating muffins ( no, no the good kind) just early in September.

Today? I can take them off without unzipping them.

How long have you been on the plan so far? I have a hard time keeping everyone straight.

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 09-29-2009 at 11:09 AM..
Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr82bthin View Post
Day 3 for me on the first week. I really enjoy drinking the shakes, so good and easy. I think I'm going to miss them in weeks 3 and 4, but may continue to have some. My pants are loose this morning. I only weigh in on Thursdays, so we'll see if there is any weight loss. Even if there isn't, I'm okay with that, I feel less like a sausage in my pants today.

Congratulations to all or you on your success!!!
Congrats on the loose pants already!

I think I will miss the shakes, too. I do want to be completely dairy free, though, so might try to skip them or get an egg protein shake to use.

Quote:
Meg--- wow that is so incredible. I am so mad at myself for never measuring. I am going to do it this morning, post eating my brekky, so at least I can see what happens in the last 4 weeks.
Tril-You are doing so well!
Are we the only ones in phase 2 ?
I'm glad you're measuring now. I think that is more important than the scale. I can get lazy sometimes, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
I forgot to brag..I saw 159 this morning. It stuck.

Woohoo!

PS: My calories average right now about 1200-1500 - did I say that all ready? My carbs have been 22ish..but since I start Saturday with the 20 carbs, I am upping my carbs to the 30 this week on purpose (probably in strawberries, veggies) - I think I really am going to leave the 160's! Its been forever.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirjasdyn View Post
Okay time to check in:

I caught the flu last Saturday. Blargh. I Still feel nauseated. So my restart is reset for Monday.

To those that love the Orange extract...ME TOO. OMG it makes the shakes for me. I add orange oil to all of them now.

I snuck on the scale. I'm down 4lbs after being sick. I'm hoping they stay off. I did well yesterday and so far I've had one berry orange shake this morning and one waiting for me in my office fridge. I used one egg for each.

Tonight I plan to have a small dish of loaded cauli and either chicken or beef. I have a roast to cook for tomorrow.
I keep trying to think of combinations to go with the orange...like mint. I like unexpected combinations. The berry sounds good.

Don't worry about the scale. It will always pause & fluctuate. It's not really a good reflection of progress or lack thereof.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
WOW

Ok... I am back from giving blood and I concur "not that bad". It does feel good to know you did something nice today.

That being said, "HOLY TOLEDO" did I get a caffeine buzz I mean I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, I never experienced the jitters from caffeine before... I can't believe it, I was a caffeine junky, could drink a cup and go to bed without a problem. I am in shock. The funny thing is my switch over to decaf seem to go virtually pain free... so much so that I often thought there was a mix up at the factory and there was really caffeinated in my decaf bag I did have a medium ice coffee ( my old standby) from Dunkin Donuts... I don't think I will do this again, maybe a 1/2 caf or a small next time.... whew still buzzing 2.5 hours later.

Well I made my Strawberry Mojito shake... I used 1 packet of True lime(next time I will use 2). One capful of rum extract and probably a 1/2 capful of mint extract. (mind you I use the cheapo kind from the market). Its pretty good, I think it would be better if my Protein Powder was better. I would add an extra packet of sweetner also. Going to try it again with Vanilla

DiamondDeb, this is a good idea, I really enjoy the convenience of the shakes for brekkie during the work week.

Quote:
so might try to skip them or get an egg protein shake to use.
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Stats: 54 yo, 5'4", CW 135, highest adult wt 225
WOE: current: maintenance
Start Date: started controlling carbs Nov '04
Hey it's good to know that I'll be in good company... my TOM is due on Monday. LOL I always weigh every day, regardless. I'm at that point in my life where just because it's 28 days that doesn't mean squat. If my weight begins to fluctuate up a bit, then I can start to expect things to start... if my weight doesn't change or goes down, it's probably going to be a "miss" month. Or week. Or two weeks. Who the heck can tell at my age?!?

FWIW, there's no mention in the rules saying the shakes are ok during weeks 3 and 4. I kinda think you're not supposed to. It's pretty specific about what you can and can't eat.

I know one thing... going from the shakes to meat/eggs with a tiny bit of vegetables is a drastic change. I miss the cream and the cheese. Mostly the cream. I've decided to not have any coffee... I just don't enjoy it black. So I'll be sticking with tea for now. I know I can have one cup with a small amt of cream... but then what do I do with the rest of the coffee??? I know me, I'd try to drink it black and then keep adding a "tiny bit" of cream to it. No biggie... I like tea.

So far today I've had 4 eggs, roast beef, one can tuna on 2 cups lettuce with mayo. I have chicken wings baking right now for dinner. Not sure what I'll have with them.. maybe cauliflower. I think lots of variety is going to be the key to the next two weeks. I open the fridge and it's like, cold meat or cold meat? Ok, cold meat. Or a cold boiled egg. I need to make some meatballs or meatloaf... and maybe roast a turkey.

My biggest challenge so far is coming up. Tomorrow I have to shop, cook and pack up for 4 days in the woods. I'm also cooking for two men, so that means added temptations for me. I've been avoiding it, but I need to make a banana bread. I don't want to smell it. LOL

Here's my menu so far:

Dinners... chicken fajitas (I'll eat the chicken and a tiny bit of the peppers), steak dinner (I'll eat the steak and a small salad), and the last dinner I'm not sure about... maybe shrimp, maybe pork. They will have the usual carb sides like bread, tortillas and rice... and dessert.

Lunches... sandwiches, chips, cookies, apples for them... sandwich filling (meat) and a cucumber for me.

B'fast... pancakes, b'fast sandwiches for them... eggs for me. I can't eat bacon or sausage with nitrates in them because it gives me a migraine. Bummer cuz it would add variety to my b'fasts and it always smells so good cooking on the woodstove on a frosty morning.

The time while we're cooking dinner will be the hardest. That's when the crackers and cheese, the beer and drinks, and the nuts all come out.

It's only four days... I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Tril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #408

I just had a thought...

If you're in Weeks 1 & 2, looking for more shake ideas, you could use a serving of pumpkin, add a bit of pumpkin pie spice and have a pumpkin protein shake. They are wonderful! I will probably not try it myself since I would not be able to use up all the pumpkin before the week is out.

You can also freeze the pumpkin in an ice cube tray (one serving in each cube), then put the cubes in a baggy to keep them fresh.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #409

Quote:
FWIW, there's no mention in the rules saying the shakes are ok during weeks 3 and 4. I kinda think you're not supposed to. It's pretty specific about what you can and can't eat.
The Weeks 3 & 4 Shake Option is in a shaded inset on page 138. It's easy to miss.

I do get the impression they'd prefer it if we stick to real food for these weeks and use a shake only if we "get into a bind," rushed, etc. They say even just adding the protein powder to water & drinking it like that is better than doing without a meal.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

I have noticed that I am MUCH less hungry on the days that I do work out. hmmmmmm maybe Taubes is right for any of you who read Good Calories Bad Calories.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #411

Quote:
I know one thing... going from the shakes to meat/eggs with a tiny bit of vegetables is a drastic change. I miss the cream and the cheese. Mostly the cream. I've decided to not have any coffee... I just don't enjoy it black. So I'll be sticking with tea for now. I know I can have one cup with a small amt of cream... but then what do I do with the rest of the coffee??? I know me, I'd try to drink it black and then keep adding a "tiny bit" of cream to it. No biggie... I like tea.
You could make less than a full pot of coffee but I would not bother.

I prefer half & half in my coffee so I am planning to skip it in weeks 3 & 4, too. I am not making tea right now either, sounds good though. I'm just drinking water.

I'm not having cream this week; I'm using coconut milk in my shakes and haven't had cheese. I'm already dairy free with the exception of the protein powder.
If I give blood can I have cream in my coffee that day? A nice big coffee might make it worth it.

I saw on Jimmy Moore's blog that they had a lot of different food the day they gave blood. I didn't see any suggestion that we should do that in the book. Just to fast & have coffee, take a shake or other on plan food to eat after. Some of what he says & does is not as I have understood the plan.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
The Weeks 3 & 4 Shake Option is in a shaded inset on page 138. It's easy to miss.

I do get the impression they'd prefer it if we stick to real food for these weeks and use a shake only if we "get into a bind," rushed, etc. They say even just adding the protein powder to water & drinking it like that is better than doing without a meal.
Thanks, Deb... I DID miss that! Nice to know if I get in a bind I have another choice besides not eating.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

"I have noticed that I am MUCH less hungry on the days that I do work out."

On the days you do... or do not... work out?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
Ladies, something monumental happened today. I put on a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably snug, creating muffins ( no, no the good kind) just early in September.

Today? I can take them off without unzipping them.
Amazing!

My goal is to go down about one and a half jeans sizes.
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
I finished up day four today. I've been losing a pound a day so far, but that probably just means I had lots of carbs in my system. How the heck can you tell if the "liver cleanse" aspect of this is working, anyways?

Today was the first day I've been kind of hungry. I had two eggs in my shake this morning, a shake (with no eggs) at lunch, an omlet with chicken and cheese plus some broccoli slaw for dinner, and I was still hungry enough to add an egg to my final shake.

Until today though, I haven't been hungry so much as barely satisfied. I guess it's good practice for maintenance to get used to stopping before I'm full.

I just don't have the time to cook according to the recipes. I think I get around 18-20 carbs in my shakes, and aim for about 5-10 with dinner. Does this sound way off for weeks one and two?
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

"I think I get around 18-20 carbs in my shakes, and aim for about 5-10 with dinner. Does this sound way off for weeks one and two?"

Nope, sounds PERFECT to me! I don't think you can tell about the "liver cleanse"... except weight loss should occur. I just took it at face value... it can't be "bad" to not tax my liver with alcohol and caffeine for two weeks.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
"I have noticed that I am MUCH less hungry on the days that I do work out."

On the days you do... or do not... work out?
Sorry, do not work out.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! **Stevie** congrats on breaking the 160 wall!!!!

I measured this morning and I have lost 1.5 inches off of my waist and 1/2 inch off of my hips. I am thrilled to have lost that much off of my waist in a bit under 2 weeks. I can really tell a difference in my "belly fat". I actually look like I have a bit of a waist and to be honest I have never had much of a waist. I have a pretty straight build other than big b00bs lol.

I am really proud of all of us!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #419
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 157/152/150/149/130 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Feb. 22, 2006
Ok, today is my last Shake Day. Got on the scale this morning and I am down a total of 7 lbs for the Shake weeks. I will gladly take it !!! I thought, wow, I will feel fantastic if I lose 5, so 7? BONUS!!
Have box seats for Friday night's Reds game. Free food in the box. I sure hope there is alot of meat.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Hi Ladies,

I have been following your thread and am on week 1, day 3 of this plan. I'm really enjoying the shakes. Like Deb, I put orange extract in my vanilla shakes and it is DELICIOUS!!

I'm having my meal in the evening, when I get home from work. I don't follow the meal plans/ recipes in the book, but am using the vegetable exchanges at the back of the book. From what I can tell, based on the meal plans, it looks like each meal contains 3 vegetable/fruit exchanges. Would you all agree? I want to make sure I'm not eating the wrong amount of carbs. For example my meal last night was a sauteed chicken breast, 2 small/baby artichokes and 1/2 c. of tomato sauce.

Thanks
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote