Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #331
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I found something new to do with protein powder. I made a huge cup of decaf and added one scoop of chocolate PP and one tablespoon of cream. It was like the best hot chocolate ever!
That sounds like a treat to remember and enjoy even after the 6 weeks...
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #332

Snaggle, there is a sing-along-version of Mama Mia??? Oh I need to experience that!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #333

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
On Enova, I bought a bottle the other day and cannot bring myself to add it to anything, so now that I have heard about all these issues with it, I am bringing it back to the store, unopened. I am doing fine without it and I hate the whole concept of it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Snaggle, I was still trying to find some Enova, what is all the controversy about it, someone posted that it might be taken off the market, FDA not liking something about it. Sounds kind of scarey.
You have done so well on long term loss, congratulations. People who say lowcarb doesn't work for the long run should check the stats here on lowcarb friends. Inspiring.
Quote:
I tried to find some information on it being taken off the market by the FDA and couldn't find anything. It is made from Canola and Soybean oil so I am not sure what could be so dangerous about that. I read a huge study a few months ago about some medium chain fatty acid with a name I could not pronounce showing consumption increased metabolism and it turned out to be coconut oil.
There is really nothing to worry about with the Enova. Nothing wrong with it at all. I researched when I first heard about it. I'll get that info and post it here.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #334

Congrats on that milestone break through, Snaggle!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #335

Regarding the safety of Enova:

From what I read in the company's news release there is no evidence it that fatty acid glycidyl esters are unhealthy. I am not sure why/where the concerns voiced came from.

The company is temporarily halting sales because of their policy "to secure "safety" and "a sense of assurance" in products delivered to our customers and consumers."

I've quoted & linked to the full news release below.

From the KAO News Release:

Quote:
In our investigations (as of September 16, 2009), we found neither information nor reports that clearly indicated concerns regarding the safety of fatty acid glycidyl esters.

However, we understand some consumers have concerns or uneasiness due to certain information regarding the safety of fatty acid glycidyl esters.

It is a fundamental corporate policy of Kao to secure "safety" and "a sense of assurance" in products delivered to our customers and consumers; thus, we are endeavoring to provide timely information disclosure. Based on this policy, the Company decided to temporarily refrain from selling these products, and to stop shipping them, until the amounts of fatty acid glycidyl esters contained in Econa and related products can be lowered to levels found in common cooking oils. In so doing, we aim to reassure consumers that these products are completely safe.

As regards the safety of Econa and related products and diglycerides (DAG), a main ingredient of these products, Kao has conducted many safety tests that meet global standards. Based on such scientific assessment and objective evaluation, we confirmed that there would be no safety concerns pertaining to Econa products and DAG.

We would like to express our sincere apology to any party, including users, consumers, customers and retailers, who may be inconvenienced or otherwise affected by this situation.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #336

Good luck nitenurse!

Welcome Coffee!!

I'm glad your DD is feeling better, homestretch.

I think you're wise to stay off the scale if you have issues with it. Personally, I've been tempted to take measurements early (like three days in!) & had to fight that urge.

Stevie Renee, congrats on the leaner reflection! Doesn't that just make your day when you actually see your progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGJ26 View Post
Hey All,

Well today is the end of Week 1 for me. I measured this a.m. and I am down 3 lbs and my waist is down 1/2 inch... not bad since I have been far from a model student. For example, I did not have any protein powder yesterday, so the day ended up being just a LC day. I did get out late in the afternoon and restocked for this coming week!

I plan on really working it week 2
WTG, Natasha! Progress even in imperfection.

I'm finishing up day Week 1 Day 7 tonight. Getting hungry for that last shake. I think I'll make it & drink it watching The Antonio Project in a bit.

I purchased Milk Thistle containing soy so went without it all week until I could exchange it today. Other than that I think I've been following the plan correctly.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 09-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #337

I've been looking ahead to week 3 & 4 and I suspect they will be more of a challenge for me than these first two weeks.

With no dairy allowed I will very likely have problems getting enough fat. Maybe, not if I cook with a lot of fat.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
I've been looking ahead to week 3 & 4 and I suspect they will be more of a challenge for me than these first two weeks.

With no dairy allowed I will very likely have problems getting enough fat. Maybe, not if I cook with a lot of fat.
Lets talk about the next two weeks. Can you recap? I am needing to shop for food. I think I read from J Moores blog that you can have a shake here and there, minus the cream. Also, caffeine ok? And how many fat grams do we need. I don't know how to manage the weeks 3 & 4 yet.

I thought JM posted 3-4 ounces of protein and that is to be eaten 3 times a day.

I am looking at some crock pot recipes, chicken wings with hot sauce, chicken thighs. Stuff like that. Or maybehigh fat hamburger scrambled with eggs and salsa?

Wouldnt mind some coconut oil for fat. But no cheese or cream, correct?

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Lets talk about the next two weeks. Can you recap? I am needing to shop for food. I think I read from J Moores blog that you can have a shake here and there, minus the cream. Also, caffeine ok? And how many fat grams do we need. I don't know how to manage the weeks 3 & 4 yet.

I thought JM posted 3-4 ounces of protein and that is to be eaten 3 times a day.

I am looking at some crock pot recipes, chicken wings with hot sauce, chicken thighs. Stuff like that. Or maybehigh fat hamburger scrambled with eggs and salsa?

Wouldnt mind some coconut oil for fat. But no cheese or cream, correct?

I've only finished week one so far. lol...it does seem to take a long time to get through these weeks.

Correct, no dairy.

Weeks 3 & 4 are called Meat Weeks but allow some veggies and fruit. People who think this is 2 weeks of meat & egg diet are incorrect.

We can add back--in moderation--coffee & alcohol. We can add in meds we cut in weeks 1 & 2.

We continue to take leucine & supps.

No dairy. No grains. No starchy veggies or legumes.

Meals are fat-rich. Enova is suggested. It looks like 3 meals per day, as much protein as we need to feel satisfied. There are meals and recipes listed. We can have some veggies, some fruits. The serving sizes on the Meat Week Fruits/Veggies lists are smaller for some things, the same for others.

I am going to have to work on my meals for weeks 3 & 4. I am a lazy cook. I just dump my chicken in the crock pot or make a burger. The extra fat will be tough. Salads with dressing from Enova or EVOO will help. Cooking with extra coconut oil, too.

I'm dairy free right now except for the protein powder. I think I may stay caffeine free & alcohol free through weeks 3 & 4, too. I like half & half in my coffee & rarely drink unless I eat out. Not planning on eating out in these weeks.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #340

Also in Weeks 3 & 4 we can have a protein shake if we are in a hurry. Same recipe as in the first 2 weeks but we have to use the coconut milk instead of the cream. I'm using the coconut milk now. I already had some.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
I usually make ice cubes from coconut milk and add them to some of my shakes. Not doing that right now since we just need 2T.
Glad to hear that they freeze ok, because I froze some last night.

I'm going to try taking the protein shake stuff to work and making it in a shaker cup. Does coconut milk go bad if left at room temp for about six hours? I thought I could at least start with it frozen.
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Week 2, Day 1

Ok here I go my Week 2 ON PLAN!

Quote:
Down to 149.5 today!!!

Quote:
My face is leaner. I can see it big time!
Awesome! My Nana told me I looked like I lost weight, that my face was thinner... this is a HUGE compliment coming from her (she is a fat-phobe).

Quote:
3 pounds is great. I am with you...the second week is going to be stellar!! I can feel it. Good luck!!!
THANKS, this pumped me up.. this too:
Quote:
WTG, Natasha! Progress even in imperfection.

OOHH i like the sound of this... I might even consider adding a packet of True Lime...
Quote:
No lime juice but I added mint & rum extracts to a vanilla shake. It was good.
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Natasha**Wooohooooo seems like the number to beat here is 150 since a few have broken the barrier. That is below my actual goal but I would LOVE to get below 150!

Starting my day with my decaf/chocolate hot drink YUMMMMMM! Especially because it is cold here this am. It is only suppose to climb to 67 today. I love that because I am sick of summer and ready for a crisp fall.

Thursday will be my last official day on the shakes but I was thinking about either continuing until Saturday or Monday. I want to make the transition on a day that I know I will have a lot of time to think about what to prepare and Friday is always a busy day. I will miss the simplicity of the shakes but it will be nice to have real food again.

Have a Super day!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Homestretch... I would love to be 150 (infact I would faint if I ever saw that on the scale)... its been far to long. I was actually giving Kudos to Snaggle! But thanks for the dream

I think you are wise to wait until you can prepare.. It was one of the reasons I started at a Week 0. I knew it would take me some time to get my ducks in a row and I am glad I did.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat_cairo
Stats: okay. I am fat
WOE: eat heathy, lots of veggies, fruit
Start Date: Aug 2012... again
Hello Ladies,
just finished my first week and i am down 5 lbs. not sure if this is due to NO ALCOHOL or just eating less.
thanks for the update on teh enova. I did read that on the offical website as a attachment to something. so much to read.
I have bought the enova and coconut oil as Wal-Mart. strange but true. looking forward to the next week and see how much I will loose.
ttfn
congrats to all for the weight loss
kat_cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: whippetlady
Stats: 160 ( or more?) Goal is 140 5'5 small frame
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restarted May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_cairo View Post
Hello Ladies,
just finished my first week and i am down 5 lbs. not sure if this is due to NO ALCOHOL or just eating less.
thanks for the update on teh enova. I did read that on the offical website as a attachment to something. so much to read.
I have bought the enova and coconut oil as Wal-Mart. strange but true. looking forward to the next week and see how much I will loose.
ttfn
congrats to all for the weight loss
If you need more fat in your shakes, try the Heavy whipping cream. MMMM!!!

i am down 6.5 lbs, got 3 more days on my first phase, then on to Meat and Eggs. NOt sure if I can handle two weeks of that.

I was at Oktoberfest ( the 3rd one of the year) and talk about temptation. I had to serve beer from the ceremonial keg, so passing up free beer was tough. Then there was all the bavarian cremepuffs, strudel, etc.

But I had my super Bratwurst with sauerkraut and called it a night.
whippetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
was at Oktoberfest ( the 3rd one of the year) and talk about temptation. I had to serve beer from the ceremonial keg, so passing up free beer was tough. Then there was all the bavarian cremepuffs, strudel, etc.

You are the MAN! or shoulds I say WOMAN! Admire your dedication
Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

**NGJ26**Sorry I misread but we can both obtain that goal!!

**Meg**Way to have that willpower!!!

**KAT**Regardless of where it came from that is a great loss!

**Deb**Love the idea of making ice cubes out of coconut milk....brilliant! I do not like my PP to taste watered down so this would be a great way to prevent that.

Last edited by homestretch; 09-28-2009 at 08:01 AM..
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tril
Hey everyone... just checking in! I'm (technically) on week 2, day 5. BUT, I really didn't do so well with the shakes over the weekend. We were on the road Saturday and had company (overnight) Sat. I didn't have any shakes at all this weekend. I DID, however, keep it low carb. This morning I considered having a shake and went for my eggs instead. I've decided to move into the next phase early. Starting today I am officially in my 3rd week (not by the days, but by the plan). I boiled a dozen eggs and cooked a roast beef. I'm going to continue the no caffeine and no alcohol at least until my first 14 days are up. I'm going hunting on Thurs... thru Sunday. I might have a glass of wine one night. And, unless I bring some decaf tea, I'll be drinking high test (REALLY high test) coffee in the morning. You don't mess with the coffee at hunting camp, believe me. If I snuck decaf in there they found out... YIKES! LOL

I still consider myself a success, even though I'm switching to the next phase early. I've gone from 139.5 down to 132.5 and I've gone down one pant size. I'm happy with how things went and looking forward to the next step.

Congrats to all those doing so well! Looks like this thing works for most people... I guess it's like anything else, it will work for some but not all. Gotta keep trying until you find what works for YOUR body.

Off to make some egg salad! Yesssssssssssssssss!
Tril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Whomever (? Homestretch, I think?) gave the tip on adding chocolate protein powder to decaf coffee for a "cocoa" treat, I bow down to you!! SO DEELISH. I found my fave stuff at wal-mart, the Land-O-Lakes canned sugar free, extra creamy whipped cream to put on top, Wow. I have been putting a dollop of it on my berry shakes too, instead of the cream actually in them. I love this stuff, but it brings to mind a question that maybe one of you can answer.
If hwc is all fat (according to the label), then why would it still be considered dairy in phase 2? I mean, what is the difference to my body between hwc and butter? Why can have one but not the other.

So excited we are all doing well. Now folks like Meg have been rockin' from day 1, but it seems like some of the rest of us (ME!) have had more of a build up effect and are dropping faster on week two. I dropped another 1/2 lb today and am also enjoying my shakes more. Too bad today is my last day of them.
I am giving blood/plasma today, so I was able to make my coffee full throttle. I am totally wired right now. I am a leeeetle askeeered to go do it, but I guess it is probably just like giving blood at the doctors, which isn't so bad.
I plan to bring my lunch shake with me and drink it right after, instead of the juice and cookies.
How is this for pathetic...........................I started thinking, " hmmmm, I wonder what blood weighs?"

Last edited by snaggle; 09-28-2009 at 09:14 AM..
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~day 10~
I saw 159.50 and then 160 - lol. my body just loves the 160's!! UGH!! But not letting it get me down.

Diamond Deb,
thanks so much for the specifics! I was playing with ****** and put in my goal desire ( 10 pounds more by Thanksgiving) and it says I can eat close to 1500 calories a day to get there. Any thoughts on that? I am NOT doing the alcohol. I want to! I love me some red wine but yeah, it is a slippery sloap. I am just going to let it pass. Pls share what you are going to crock pot. I was thinking of a roast with celery and onions, garlic. And chicken in the pot.
I am glad you are doing this with us!

DrunkenSailor,
morning!

NGJ26,
yeah for Nana to take notice of your progress! Wonderful.

homestretch,
thats a smart idea! You are doing awesome.

kat_cairo,
5 pounds is fantastic! I have been wanting 5 pounds forever so I am celebrating with you!!!!

whippetlady,
Way to go on passing the goodies up! Your head is in the game and thats where we all strive to be. Way to go.

Tril,
I too am a bit concerned with 2 weeks of meat but since Diamond Deb said there is some veggies, fruit..I feel a lot better. And that cracks me up about the hunting coffee. So funny! My husband said at work, they make it so strong...like crude oil. lol Black baby!

Well happy Monday.

Shakes: Vanilla, hwc, ice, tangerine Hanson Diet Pop
Meal: hamburger with mustard, cheese, cauliflower casserole.
Water goal: 60 ounces
Soda: Diet Rootbeer

eta..I Snaggle! lol..blood weighs something! LMAO!

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 09-28-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am giving blood/plasma today, so I was able to make my coffee full throttle
thanks for the reminder just made my appt for tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

"How is this for pathetic...........................I starting thinking, " hmmmm, I wonder what blood weighs?""

Well... how much do you give? A pint? A pint of water weighs 1#... so you'll probably weigh about a pound less. But only until your body replaces it. LOL

As for the "meat and eggs" weeks... I'm totally psyched for it!!! I just got out my book to refresh the rules in my head. Here they are for anyone interested:

1. You may reintroduce alcohol, in limited quantities, during this phase of the plan. 2X a week you can have one 4 oz glass of dry red or white wine, OR a single 12 oz light beer, OR a single shot - 1.5 oz - of distilled spirits. ONE drink, twice a week.

2. You may reintroduce caffeine, in moderate quantities. Not more than tow or three cup of coffee per day. If you lighten your coffee you can use "just a touch" of half-and-half or cream to ONE cup. The rest must be taken black.

3. Eat meals of meat, fish, poultry, game, and eggs thoughout the day in amounts sufficient to satisfy your appetite. No specific restrictions on the amount of meat... just eat until full, then stop. Eat to your hunger. Eat at least 3 to 4 oz meat meals each day. Meals should be fat-rich. Eat the skin on poultry. Roast or saute in butter, olive oil, coconut oil. The goal is to drive your metabolism upward by the availability of lots of high-octane fuel that can be burned... with few carbohydrates so it won't be stored.

4. No dairy intake during these two weeks. Other than one splash of cream in your coffee and butter, no dairy products at all.

5. No grains or things made from them.

6. No starchy vegetables or legumes.

7. You may resume taking the medications listed on page 107, but only if necessary.

8. Continue to take leucine. An additional 6 to 8 grams of leucine each day during weeks 3 & 4 will help preserve lean body tissues (muscles and bones) and will encourage middle-body fat loss.

9. Continue to take your vitamins. An OTC multi is fine.

10. Continue to hydrate yourself well.

11. If you feel hungry, eat more fat and protein. Suggestions are a small burger patty, few slices of smoked salmon, hard-boiled or deviled eggs, leftover steak or chicken... but do NOT eat bigger servings of vegetables. Vegetables should be eaten with your meals... no more than 5 to 6 net grams per meal.

This phase is higher in calories, but very, very low in carbohydrates.

Looking at the meal suggestions and the food substitution lists, the meals won't have much vegetable or fruit in them. For example, 1 cup fresh spinach... or 1/2 tomato... or 1/2 an avocado... or 4 or 5 grapes.... or 3 or 4 strawberries... or 1 - 2 cups greens in a salad... 6 to 8 asparagus spears... or 1 cup raw cauliflower... or 1/2 kiwi.

So... yes on the veggies or fruit, but only with your three meals and only a very little bit.

Should be interesting.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

**Snaggle**Glad you are enjoying the PP in decaf.....ME TOO!! I love it and for some reason putting something warm in my tummy makes me more satisfied. Congrats on your ongoing weight loss!

**Tril** You have done amazing! I am quite impressed with your results.

**Stevie**In the past my weight always fluctuates up before a big fall so I hope you are well into the 150's ASAP!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
Hello! I would like to come play with you guys.

I've been doing low-carb for years with varying degrees of success (it wasn't the way of eating, it was me). The best success I had was where I lost 90-ish pounds (315-223) through generic low carb eating, doing Pilates, going to a support group. Then I started a 2 year college program, stopped the Pilates and support group, spent the entire 2 years living with incredible stress and gained back over 1/2 of what I'd lost. I just could never seem to find my mojo again.

I finally graduated and want to get rid of what I put back on and also continue the weight loss from there.

I want to use the 6WC for a jump off point - I have way more to lose than is possible in just 6 weeks although I believe I read in the book that after week 4, if you still have more to lose, you can alternate between meat weeks and shake weeks.

I've read through the thread, it's nice to meet you all!

I had my meal this morning: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 grapefruit, 3 pcs bacon and ginger tea.

I have Designer Whey protein - they are cagey on the can as to how much leucine is in the mix but I did find a website that sells the stuff (interestingly, not DW's own website) where the ingredients were broken down and it said that there is 12330 mg of leucine in the mix. That's enough that I don't have to add any extra, right?
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
Glad to hear that they freeze ok, because I froze some last night.

I'm going to try taking the protein shake stuff to work and making it in a shaker cup. Does coconut milk go bad if left at room temp for about six hours? I thought I could at least start with it frozen.
It should be fine. I'd take it in a cooler though. I used to take 3 meals to work and two of those would be protein shakes. They would be fine in a cooler.

You could probably even do the egg if you took it in a cooler. Make the shake except for the egg at home, take the egg in shell and just add & shake it up very well before drinking.

Quote:
Starting my day with my decaf/chocolate hot drink YUMMMMMM! Especially because it is cold here this am. It is only suppose to climb to 67 today. I love that because I am sick of summer and ready for a crisp fall.

Thursday will be my last official day on the shakes but I was thinking about either continuing until Saturday or Monday. I want to make the transition on a day that I know I will have a lot of time to think about what to prepare and Friday is always a busy day. I will miss the simplicity of the shakes but it will be nice to have real food again.

Have a Super day!
That hot chocolate does sound good but I'm holding off on trying it - it's in the 90's here.

I think it is wise to wait. I really don't think the meat weeks sound like anything other than a LC meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetlady View Post
If you need more fat in your shakes, try the Heavy whipping cream. MMMM!!!

i am down 6.5 lbs, got 3 more days on my first phase, then on to Meat and Eggs. NOt sure if I can handle two weeks of that.

I was at Oktoberfest ( the 3rd one of the year) and talk about temptation. I had to serve beer from the ceremonial keg, so passing up free beer was tough. Then there was all the bavarian cremepuffs, strudel, etc.

WTG on the loss & sticking to plan in the face of all that temptation!

Have you looked at the Meat Weeks plan yet? It is not meat & eggs only. There are veggies at every meal and some fruit is allowed. The name "Meat Weeks" is very misleading. I wish they'd called it something more accurate like "Dairy Free Weeks." It's just a restricted carb plan & I think it should be eay--except for no dairy--to follow.

Now I'm hungry for Bratwurst...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhonda in Phx
Stats: 296.6/279.6/140
Start Date: 8/2002
My lands all of you have did FANTASTIC! I agree that the second week can only bring good things. My total loss for week 1 is 8.2 pounds. YEA

Quote:
If hwc is all fat (according to the label), then why would it still be considered dairy in phase 2? I mean, what is the difference to my body between hwc and butter? Why can have one but not the other.
That is an excellent question - Snaggle.

I wish that I could give blood, but unfortunately I am anemic.

How many of you have actually given up caffeine are going to start consuming it again. I know myself that I felt so bad coming off that I seriously doubt that I will use it daily.

NGJ26 - Bratwurst, what an awful thing to have to eat while on a "diet"!

Chrysalis - It is so hard to get into the swing of things after being away. I have been YoYoing for so many years and once I started reading about this 6 week plan I just had to give it a try and maybe this time it will stick.

Good luck to everyone!
Rhonda in Phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gr82bthin
Stats: 205/199/150
WOE: LC/ Atkins
Start Date: August 3, 2012
I'm on day 2 of the first week. I found myself hungry a few times yesterday but was only putting 2 scoops of the Protein Powder in my shakes. I'm using 3 scoops today as the book says I should (my weight being above 180) and I'm not hungry at all.

I am really enjoying myself with the different types of shakes. Diet Rite makes a tangerine soda and a raspberry soda that are delicious with vanilla powder.

One big thing I learned!! Make sure you leave the soda out until it's flat and the carbonation is gone. I just about blew the top off my blender!!!

Even thought this is day 2 I have a lot more energy than I normally do this morning.

I love reading about every one's success and I have learned a lot from you all. Thanks for the hot chocolate and root beer float ideas.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tril View Post
I still consider myself a success, even though I'm switching to the next phase early. I've gone from 139.5 down to 132.5 and I've gone down one pant size. I'm happy with how things went and looking forward to the next step.
WTG on the success of the first phase!

I will most likely need to cut week 4 short a few days. I am scheduled to go on a week long mission trip to do Katrina recovery work in Waveland.

Quote:
Good question.

Quote:
So excited we are all doing well. Now folks like Meg have been rockin' from day 1, but it seems like some of the rest of us (ME!) have had more of a build up effect and are dropping faster on week two. I dropped another 1/2 lb today and am also enjoying my shakes more. Too bad today is my last day of them.
I am giving blood/plasma today, so I was able to make my coffee full throttle. I am totally wired right now. I am a leeeetle askeeered to go do it, but I guess it is probably just like giving blood at the doctors, which isn't so bad.
I plan to bring my lunch shake with me and drink it right after, instead of the juice and cookies.
How is this for pathetic...........................I started thinking, " hmmmm, I wonder what blood weighs?"
lol...think INCHES, not the scale.

Your body will replace that blood pretty quickly. I have never needed to eat anything after giving blood. I suppose some people might but I just go home & eat the next meal.

I need to check to see where I can donate blood at the end of the week. I have had low ferritin levels so stopped donating regularly a few years ago. The only way I could qualify to donate was to be very careful about eating a high iron meal before going. I'm not sure what my ferritin level is now. The instructions the Eades give are different so it won't surprise me if I get turned away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Diamond Deb,
thanks so much for the specifics! I was playing with ****** and put in my goal desire ( 10 pounds more by Thanksgiving) and it says I can eat close to 1500 calories a day to get there. Any thoughts on that? I am NOT doing the alcohol. I want to! I love me some red wine but yeah, it is a slippery sloap. I am just going to let it pass. Pls share what you are going to crock pot. I was thinking of a roast with celery and onions, garlic. And chicken in the pot.
I am glad you are doing this with us!
I think if you get good results on this plan I'd continue with it as the Drs. Eades suggest for those who still have more to lose. Scale weight is affected by too many different/unknown things to make any goal a sure thing but this seems to work quickly.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

"If hwc is all fat (according to the label), then why would it still be considered dairy in phase 2? I mean, what is the difference to my body between hwc and butter? Why can have one but not the other."

Well... it's not ALL fat, that's why when you do LC you need to count the carbs. There's 6g in one cup, btw. But on this 6W plan it's not about dairy being "bad"... here is what they say on pages 133-134:

"... you should avoid dairy products during Weeks 3 & 4. One of the pitfalls of attempts at continued weight loss, especially for women, is excessive consumption of cheese and cream. During this two-week interval in the plan you want to keep calories up but carbs quite low. Even though there aren't many carbs in cheese or cream--just a gram or two per serving--if the number of servings rises, the total can disrupt the steady loss of fat from the fat stores.

Additionally, these foods are dense in calories and easy to eat to excess. Over the years we've had many patients whose weight loss stalled when they ate more than tiny amounts of dairy products--for reasons that we cannot readily explain in metabolic or biochemical terms. We've heard it from enough people, though, that we believe it. For most people, although 1 tablespoon of cream in a cup of coffee probably won't do much, a tablespoon in each of 6 to 8 cups of coffee throughout the day does make an impact. ..."

So, it's not so much that it's bad carb-wise... they feel it's bad weight loss-wise. especially for women. That's good enough for me to go without cheese and cream for two weeks. Heck, if I can go without coffee and wine for two weeks (and ice cream for two YEARS), I can do this. It also appears that I will be going without nuts for these two weeks. DARN IT ALL.

Last edited by Tril; 09-28-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: typo!