Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
~Day 8, Week 2~

Wow, I cannot believe I finally stick to something. lol

The scale actually went up since my last peak but I am a veteran scale weigher. I know those ups & downs are me being a human and umm, female. I don't let it get me down.

I lost 2 inches of the middle of my middle. The rest of my measurements are the same.

I am blogging a photo time line and I really cannot capture the 2 inch loss very well with my camera. But the tape measure?! I had to measure 3 times before I believed it!! 29"! I would live to get a 26 inch waist.

Starting hip-to-waist-ratio:Your Waist to Hip Ratio is 0.83 and appears to indicate an increased risk for heart disease and diabetes

Current hip-to-waist-ratio!
Your Waist to Hip Ratio is 0.78 and appears to be within a healthy range.

Food today....

2 vanilla shakes with ice, hwc.
meal: shrimp and cauliflower casserole

Here I goooooo!

How is everyone doing?!!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: coffeeplease
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 02/2003
:-( 10 pages I will try to read when I have extra time.

Can someone point out about where I would look for the basics to get me started? The best tasting shakes (or which ones are allowed)

Thanks!
coffeeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #303

Welcome Coffee!!

I think page one will tell you about the shakes. The first 2 weeks is up to 3 shakes and one low carb meal (protein, veggies, cheese) but carbs are to be at 30 per day. Then the next 2 weeks is the meat/egg phase at 20 carbs per day. The final 2 weeks, I don't really know yet!

Oh! And the first 2 weeks, decaff only if you drink coffee. The idea is to give your liver 2 weeks off and then merge into weigh loss.

I use ****** to monitor my food and I measured a few spots and weigh in here and there.

If I can lose at least 8 pounds in 6 weeks, I will be stoked.

Do you best to read this entire thread

edited...best tasting shakes..hmm...thats a hard one.lol...I love mine but mine have 4 carbs but I dont use fruit in mine. Jimmy Moore is blogging and uses a powdered bag of EAS low carb shakes. And if you read the thread, there are a few other choices. You also can add an egg to the shake, eat a pickle (lol) and add some DAG oil. I only use HWC.

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 09-26-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Old 09-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Homestretch-- I am guessing you will be down even more than 2 lbs! You have a great outlook on it though. I will say that I do have great energy levels and feel really good too.

I am glad your DD is better. A good friend with 4 daughters just went through having everyone at home get H1N1 and it wasn't THAT bad. I was talking to a nurse friend last night about it and she was saying that it is mainly scary if a person has a compromised respiratory system. If otherwise healthy, it is just like most flu.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: coffeeplease
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 02/2003
Thanks for the reply Stevie. I will try to read the thread over the w/e. I remember now that I had read no caffeine. Yikes! Guess I will have to slowly get myself caffeine free and give it a try with the shakes.
coffeeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Day 12- Down 3 lbs. (the scale did read a fleeting 150.5 but it disappeared, so I don't count it.
Hubby is on day 11, down 5 lbs.
I have great energy. Don't miss the caffeine really since I am drinking decaf.
Really only miss the alcohol when in a social situation. Last night at a big cocktail party, I would have loved to have tried the cosmo punch, or white wine, but even more, I would have really loved to have some of the gorgeous chocolate cake my friend made for the birthday honorees. It was so pretty, all covered in fondant flowers, and I know how good her cakes are. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I persevered, and am down 1/2 lb. today.

Tonight is a big girls night to watch Mamma Mia in our parish hall. Lots of drinks, wine, snacks, popcorn.............................Oh Lord--- Give me strength!!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathieinut
Stats: restart 209.6/162/145
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: restart (4th time around) 5/18/09
Thanks for the link to Jimmy's blog and his day to day comments on this woe. I like that he is pretty specific in what he is doing but I too was surprised with the diet coke because unless he can get it with Splenda it has the aspertame (sp?) even in the caffeine free, darn it all!
Sucess to you all
Cathieinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
Day 12- Down 3 lbs. (the scale did read a fleeting 150.5 but it disappeared, so I don't count it.
Hubby is on day 11, down 5 lbs.
I have great energy. Don't miss the caffeine really since I am drinking decaf.
Really only miss the alcohol when in a social situation. Last night at a big cocktail party, I would have loved to have tried the cosmo punch, or white wine, but even more, I would have really loved to have some of the gorgeous chocolate cake my friend made for the birthday honorees. It was so pretty, all covered in fondant flowers, and I know how good her cakes are. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I persevered, and am down 1/2 lb. today.

Tonight is a big girls night to watch Mamma Mia in our parish hall. Lots of drinks, wine, snacks, popcorn.............................Oh Lord--- Give me strength!!
I miss the wine too! You did good last night. Think of it this way..that cake? You know what it tastes like. Yep, its good but it costs. Food is not free. I bet you feel great passing it by!!

I love me some wine on a Friday, Saturday night...but alas, I want this more. Enjoy your night tonight! (minus the carbage..lol)

I have never seen Mamma Mia! Maybe I will rent it. We are going to see The Informant today starring Matt Dameon.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeplease View Post
:-( 10 pages I will try to read when I have extra time.

Can someone point out about where I would look for the basics to get me started? The best tasting shakes (or which ones are allowed)

Thanks!
You are welcome. I think reading Amazon comments...not everyone gave up caffiene. Some here I think either went cold turkey or weened off or?
lol

Cathieinut,
I know right? Oh well. I too love the blog. Especially the meat part cuz I dont even have the book! lol - Are you going to try this plan?

Ok, I must get of the PC!!! lol
Old 09-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Snaggle and Stevie** Congrats!!!! Stevie I am so jealous of your waist measurements...you go girl!!!!! Snaggle it looks as if you and your hubby are going strong.

Even if I am off of the scale I have to say that I cannot believe the difference in my pants wooooohooooo! My pants are comfy for the first time in many months. In clothes I actually feel the difference in my butt and thighs more than my waist. Certainly a change taking place and I like it!

You can get Caffeine free Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. It is not available in my area but I bought it on vacation. Right now if I have to have soda I drink Diet Rite Pure Zero sweetened with Splenda. It is zero carb, zero caffeine, zero sodium and tastes pretty good.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #311

Homestretch,
Thanks! I am sure you will pleased with your 2 week results. Heck, if I can come out of two weeks with a few pounds off, I say triumph!

Rootbeer float...love it!
HWC, Rootbeer, ice, vanilla protein powder.

I feel like I am cheating on this!!

A perfect midnight shake or snack..depends on how you look at it.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Hi everyone-been doing this 3 days, on my way back to JUDDDD; which was working well for me until weeklong family reunion/wedding with me the chief cook. Will go back to that as my maintainence, as I felt so good on it. I see Eades, in the book, mentions some people using alternate days as shake days, then meat days...when the 6 weeks is over. as one of several ongoing methods of dealing with life.
I have been dieting forever, most success with lowcarb, but I can remember the time a few years ago, mid menopause when my hourglass figure dissolved into an apple-I blamed an exercise program that "thickened up my waist", since that was the only thing I could think of that was different (neglected to notice my age lol). THe info in the book does make sense so I want to give it a whirl.
I have been using protein shakes for breakfast, lunch for a long time-use some I get on this sites sponsor Netrition.com, what I haven't been able to locate is the Enova oil, there was some on the computer site of Enova advertised as Enova olive oil, is that the same thing???King of pricey if it wound up being something I wouldn't use, as you have to order 6 bottles of it.
Good luck to all of us.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat_cairo
Stats: okay. I am fat
WOE: eat heathy, lots of veggies, fruit
Start Date: Aug 2012... again
hello all,
I did not know you can get CF diet coke w/splenda... SW Ga actually has only one real grocery store and that is Wal-Mart. nuff said.
I started on Monday at 160. Now this morning I am 155.5. same as yesterday.
I am not finding the CF hard but NOT having a drink is hard. I belong to the local Parrot head group in Tallahassee and really Ladies, tht's all they do is drink. Lots of social drinkers

I was reading that the FDA is thinking about taking enova off the market. not sure if i want to get it and use it. DAG oil is not in the area. is coconut oil good or the milk? I think I am not getting enough fat in my shakes. must check out the recipe room. I do not have the book. cheap... why yes I am
thanks for all your posts. it helps

It's just me.
kat_cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Hi everyone-been doing this 3 days, on my way back to JUDDDD; which was working well for me until weeklong family reunion/wedding with me the chief cook. Will go back to that as my maintainence, as I felt so good on it. I see Eades, in the book, mentions some people using alternate days as shake days, then meat days...when the 6 weeks is over. as one of several ongoing methods of dealing with life.
I have been dieting forever, most success with lowcarb, but I can remember the time a few years ago, mid menopause when my hourglass figure dissolved into an apple-I blamed an exercise program that "thickened up my waist", since that was the only thing I could think of that was different (neglected to notice my age lol). THe info in the book does make sense so I want to give it a whirl.
I have been using protein shakes for breakfast, lunch for a long time-use some I get on this sites sponsor Netrition.com, what I haven't been able to locate is the Enova oil, there was some on the computer site of Enova advertised as Enova olive oil, is that the same thing???King of pricey if it wound up being something I wouldn't use, as you have to order 6 bottles of it.
Good luck to all of us.
I looked in the grocery stores in St Louis for Enova and could not find it only to go to my local Walmart and see it on the shelf for about $4 a bottle.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #315

Nitenurse,
thanks for sharing that tid bit...cycling shakes after the 6 weeks. I thought of doing exactly that. I didn't even bother looking for the oil. I am skipping it all together.

Kat,
Interesting about the FDA. I wonder also if you are adding an egg to the shake? If you dont want a raw egg, cook the egg and eat it with your shake.
Whats worked for me is eating a late lunch and red meat.

I could barely manage my second shake tonight! I had a shake at 10:30 then my meal (lunch) with the DH at 1:30ish. We grilled (4ounce) burgers, sauted onions, garlic, mushrooms and a slice of cheese. Top it off with mustard. We also ate the cauliflower casserole I make. Stuffed! So nice to go to a movie theater ( We saw the Informant) and not think about the goodies to gorge on.

Just no appetite with red meat. If I eat fish or chicken, just not sticking to my ribs and I can manage 2 to 3 shakes.

So if you are hungry with these shakes..consider eating red meat at meal time.

PS: My stomach is shrinking. I am having a hard time finishing my meal.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mezzovoice
WOE: Low Carb/EFGT
Isn't there anyone here who noticed that the new book is just a revamped version of the Atkins induction phase? I quite liked the science in the first chapters but any old hand in Low-Carbing will not find anything exciting beyond that. I also don't like the idea of using shakes - I prefer real food. I bought the book, read it and put it up for resale at amazon.de.

Last edited by mezzovoice; 09-27-2009 at 03:40 AM..
mezzovoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Hey All,

Well today is the end of Week 1 for me. I measured this a.m. and I am down 3 lbs and my waist is down 1/2 inch... not bad since I have been far from a model student. For example, I did not have any protein powder yesterday, so the day ended up being just a LC day. I did get out late in the afternoon and restocked for this coming week!

I plan on really working it week 2
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Homestretch,
Thanks! I am sure you will pleased with your 2 week results. Heck, if I can come out of two weeks with a few pounds off, I say triumph!

Rootbeer float...love it!
HWC, Rootbeer, ice, vanilla protein powder.

I feel like I am cheating on this!!

A perfect midnight shake or snack..depends on how you look at it.

is there a brand of rootbeer made with splenda

Thanks
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:41 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NGJ26
WOE: Keep It Simple
Start Date: August 2009
Quote:
is there a brand of rootbeer made with splenda

Yes, Waistwatchers & Hanson's. There is also one sweetened with Stevia called Zevia
NGJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

I made it through my girls Mamma Mia (sing-a long version) night on plan.
I ate a couple of sausage stuffed mushrooms and picked the blanket off a mini
pig-n-blanket and drank a diet rite while the husbands delivered cosmos, wine,
popcorn and movie candy to the ladies. I can't remember the person who posted
it originally, but my favorite thing I have ever read in my years on this board was
a long quote that repeats the mantra, "I can do hard things". It is now what I
say to myself a lot when I am faced with challenges. Last night was one of those
times. Again, I was rewarded for my efforts. Down to 149.5 today!!!
Breaking through the 150 mark is a huge big deal to me. I have always had this idea in my head that once I got below that number I may not feel thin, but that I would feel like a normal person and not a fat person anymore. Hard to explain, but just one of those weird things I have held on to.

Nitenurse- hello fello Juddder. I am with you on the maintenance thing. I will be doing juddd once I get through this 6 week plan that I did, not because I wasn't happy with juddd, but because I just wanted something with time parameters, and that was a bit stricter with the rules, so I could, hopefully, get to goal by the end of Oct, early november. I do not like the shakes particulary, but am sticking to the plan pretty strictly.
I will be curious how you do. I am on day 13, down 4.5 lbs. Can't wait for phase II.

On Enova, I bought a bottle the other day and cannot bring myself to add it to anything, so now that I have heard about all these issues with it, I am bringing it back to the store, unopened. I am doing fine without it and I hate the whole concept of it anyway.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Snaggle, I was still trying to find some Enova, what is all the controversy about it, someone posted that it might be taken off the market, FDA not liking something about it. Sounds kind of scarey.
You have done so well on long term loss, congratulations. People who say lowcarb doesn't work for the long run should check the stats here on lowcarb friends. Inspiring.

Last edited by nitenurse; 09-27-2009 at 08:01 AM..
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #322

~day 9~

Its Sunday and I am getting ready to go power walk for 45 minutes. I don't have the DS with me today as he is with the in laws so yeah, I get to go a bit further and harder in my walk this morning.

My face is leaner. I can see it big time! I hate the bloat and plumpness in my face when I slack. It ages me.

I bought Tangerine Hanson Diet also. I am going to make my first shake at 10:30 with it...perfect for the hot day it promises to be.

Meal...2:00ish....cauliflower casserole with burger ( 4 oz) topped with cheese & mustard.

mezzovoice,
I understand
A lot of folks don't like shakes as a meal replacement. One positive spin on this last week..an awareness has really come into my mind..and that is how much over eating, all though it may have been low carb...but still, over eating was taking place on my end. So this last week, really focusing, measuring, using ****** with as much accuracy as I could muster, I get why I was not losing. (Besides interuptions of an awesome summer!lol) Anyways, Amazon is cool. They have a return policy. Thats great. Good luck on your own journey! I am enjoying the shakes. But mine taste yummy.

NGJ26,
3 pounds is great. I am with you...the second week is going to be stellar!! I can feel it. Good luck!!!

Sunny,
I get mine at Trader Joes. But..I wonder if anyone sells a chocolate soda with Splenda? I will have to keep an eye out. When TOM gets closer I want chocolate! lol Dang it.

snaggle,
I am so thrilled for you!! I am clueless about JUDD. Will have to read up on that.

Hi to all who follow.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Snaggle, I was still trying to find some Enova, what is all the controversy about it, someone posted that it might be taken off the market, FDA not liking something about it. Sounds kind of scarey.
You have done so well on long term loss, congratulations. People who say lowcarb doesn't work for the long run should check the stats here on lowcarb friends. Inspiring.
I tried to find some information on it being taken off the market by the FDA and couldn't find anything. It is made from Canola and Soybean oil so I am not sure what could be so dangerous about that. I read a huge study a few months ago about some medium chain fatty acid with a name I could not pronounce showing consumption increased metabolism and it turned out to be coconut oil.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle View Post
I made it through my girls Mamma Mia (sing-a long version) night on plan.
I ate a couple of sausage stuffed mushrooms and picked the blanket off a mini
pig-n-blanket and drank a diet rite while the husbands delivered cosmos, wine,
popcorn and movie candy to the ladies. I can't remember the person who posted
it originally, but my favorite thing I have ever read in my years on this board was
a long quote that repeats the mantra, "I can do hard things". It is now what I
say to myself a lot when I am faced with challenges. Last night was one of those
times. Again, I was rewarded for my efforts. Down to 149.5 today!!!
Breaking through the 150 mark is a huge big deal to me. I have always had this idea in my head that once I got below that number I may not feel thin, but that I would feel like a normal person and not a fat person anymore. Hard to explain, but just one of those weird things I have held on to.

Nitenurse- hello fello Juddder. I am with you on the maintenance thing. I will be doing juddd once I get through this 6 week plan that I did, not because I wasn't happy with juddd, but because I just wanted something with time parameters, and that was a bit stricter with the rules, so I could, hopefully, get to goal by the end of Oct, early november. I do not like the shakes particulary, but am sticking to the plan pretty strictly.
I will be curious how you do. I am on day 13, down 4.5 lbs. Can't wait for phase II.

On Enova, I bought a bottle the other day and cannot bring myself to add it to anything, so now that I have heard about all these issues with it, I am bringing it back to the store, unopened. I am doing fine without it and I hate the whole concept of it anyway.
Breaking through that 150 barrier is AMAZING!!!!! Go you!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

I found something new to do with protein powder. I made a huge cup of decaf and added one scoop of chocolate PP and one tablespoon of cream. It was like the best hot chocolate ever!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I found something new to do with protein powder. I made a huge cup of decaf and added one scoop of chocolate PP and one tablespoon of cream. It was like the best hot chocolate ever!
Woohoo!! I am so going to do this!!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #327
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I've been reading through the thread (only on pg 2), but I have a shake thingie that I really love. It's a lg cup/small pitcher with a screw on top with a drink spout and a little wire ball (like a whisk) inside that mixes things up nicely. I wouldn't blend up berries or anything like that, but it mixes powder/liquid really well. Makes great scrambled eggs too. I bought it at the Vitamin Shoppe.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Hi everyone!

I just finished my second day of week one. I took a whole week to gradually cut back on the caffeine. I wasn't sure I could handle two weeks of protein shakes. I've never had one I liked, so I was pleasantly surprised that they were not bad at all this time. I think using the coconut milk made all the difference. So far so good....
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #329
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost

I'm finishing up Day 7 here. I had an early start to my day and have had 2 shakes and my real food meal. I will get my 3rd shake in today for the first time.

I've been hungrier today than normal but I didn't feel hungry when I was busy. When I got home this evening though I discovered I was starving.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #330
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
Hi everyone!

I just finished my second day of week one. I took a whole week to gradually cut back on the caffeine. I wasn't sure I could handle two weeks of protein shakes. I've never had one I liked, so I was pleasantly surprised that they were not bad at all this time. I think using the coconut milk made all the difference. So far so good....
Cutting the coffee has been tough for several people. I enjoy both coffee and and alcoholic beverages but I don't drink enough of either for it to be hard to give either up.

I'm glad you like the shakes. I have enjoyed protein shakes for years. I don't use syrups but I've added all sorts of extracts to mine. I made a mojito shake yesterday... Well, that's what I told myself. No lime juice but I added mint & rum extracts to a vanilla shake. It was good.

I also rediscovered the fact that I do like Orange flavored things. Orange extract added to the vanilla shake was wonderful.

I usually make ice cubes from coconut milk and add them to some of my shakes. Not doing that right now since we just need 2T.

Good luck!
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote