Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #1

Gallery: LMMS
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 2011
The Cheat to Lose Diet by Joel Marion

Hi my name is Lisa. I was wondering if anyone is doing this carb cycling diet? I am starting it this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone was getting results or were thinking of trying it out.
LMMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikendomsmum
Anyone up for this with me?

I'd like to get this thread going, if possible. I am starting this diet today. Yesterday was a cheat day since I have already been on a low carb diet for quite a while and lost no weight, not a pound. Waking up with a headache this morning after all of those carby foods, I'm ready to go. The first week is very low carb, second week introduces more carbs (I'll add them in fruit and vegetable form, maybe a little yogurt) and the third week is higher carb and low fat then a cheat day. After the first cheat day the week is a mix of menus then a cheat day and so on. There are a lot of menus and recipes in the book and a maintenance phase chapter which I haven't looked into yet.
Today's menu:
B spinach, feta omelette (using only one yolk and two egg whites), bacon
S turkey, brazil nuts
L broiled fish w 1 tblsp olive oil, green beans
S hardboiled eggs, celery
D grilled lean steak over mixed greens OR a bunless 95% lean cheese burger in lettuce cup with veggie sticks.

The recipes in the book look great and I plan to try all of them at some point. I don't use any artificial sugars so I won't make the shakes. Gluten may also be a problem for me so I won't use the pitas, low-carb torts or any other "wheaty" things in the recipes.
Rice or sweet potatoes will most likely be my carbs in the next weeks.
Exercise is a must, Wii fit plus and My Personal Trainer is what I use daily. The author suggests strategically timing exercise around prime fat burning times such as after a cheat day. He also recommends doing mixed-intensity training which he describes in the book (which I picked up at the library). I'm just going to do my own workout which is mixed in intensity and just ramp it up a little post-cheat.
I'd love for someone to come along for the ride! Maybe if you're not losing on your low-carb diet you want to try this with me.
mikendomsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
sounds ok. I think I have been doing this sence Monday..
But I was following paleo.
But I did quit all dairy for now.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Do you have a problem with dairy? I've been eating cheese and cream and it doesn't bother me, thank god. I've already had to give up gluten and I can't imagine giving up dairy too.
I lost 1 pound on my first day and was up all night peeing. Luckily, it was a day I could sleep in so I stayed in bed late and got enough shut-eye.

Today's menu (Day 2 of low carb)
B-5 slices salami (had to run right out with son to appointment, not an ideal bfast but oh well)
S-nothing, I was out with son.
L-1 small lean ground beef patty on lettuce cups with tomato, sauteed mushrooms and onions, 5 brazil nuts, leftover tomato. (made up for bfast and snack)
S-cheese stick, turkey, veg sticks
D-roast chicken, broccoli, sour cream dip

Menu for Saturday (Day 3 of Low Carb)
B-eggs with feta cheese and spinach (2 whites, 1 yolk, dill weed and a sprinkle of onion powder and salt. I call it greek eggs)
S-chicken, celery with peanut butter
L-(may be out, not sure yet, will fill in)
S-same as above-may be out
D-smoked brisket, salad, broccoli

I have a smoker and smoke my own meats. We will be out pretty much all day long tomorrow so I'll put the brisket in early and it should be done by the time we get home. I'm going to put a spice rub on it today and get it ready.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Well I gained 1/2 pound on day 2 on low carb. This is how it's been for 3 weeks. Lose one, gain two, lose a half, ridiculous. I'm actually looking forward to week 2 and adding carbs. Just hope I don't see a 5 pound gain then. I did exercise for 30 minutes with a step.
Our plans got cancelled so my menu will be pretty good after all for today.
B-greek eggs
S-chicken thigh, celery or other veg
L-tuna salad with a bit of avocado
S-broccoli, tuna salad
D-smoked brisket, salad with olive oil
Old 02-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gained the other half pound back today and don't think low carb is going to be working for me any more. At least not this plan. I entered all of my foods into a data base and ended up with 1211 calories, 27 carbs (13 from a large veggie salad). I just feel defeated now, I've been going through this for 3 weeks now with no loss at all.
I'm going to give it some thought today about what to do now. Should I scrap the low carb completely? Go on to phase 2 of this diet? Continue on phase 1 even though it's not working at all?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookie57
Stats: 212.2/202/190
WOE: WW
Start Date: 6-12-14
In the past I've lost 50 lbs on Atkins but gained it all back, so thought I'd try this cheat to lose diet. Hope someone s still on this. I started a little over a week ago and am in phase 2--adding carbs. So far so good, down about 5 lbs.
Breakfast 1 egg, 3 oz ground turkey pattie, orange 1 slice ww bread
snack 1 oz cheese 1 oz lo fat pepperoni
lunch 1 cup homemade bean soup mixed veggies
Supposed to do about 18 minutes of arobic exersize 3 days a week. I HATE regular excersize but do 45 min of water aerobics 3 days a week + swim laps for 1 hour 5 days a week. That will have to be ok as I don't plan to up this.
supper 1 chicken leg aspergus no sugar lite yogert
cookie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hello
I'm 71 years old and have been dieting off and on for 50 years!
In past have lost as much as 50 lbs on Atkins but 25 have crept back and I never have been down to goal.
Soooooo about a week ago I decided to start a new one. It is called cheat to lose. Bought the book on Amazon for $5.00 and a few friends have been successful on this.
It is about healthy eating and the author Joel Marion has done lot of research on this plan. This is supposed to get our metabolism working again. He says it's all about leptin in our blood and hormones, and the way we've been eating and dieting has screwed it all up. When we cut down our body thinks it's in starvation so works more efficiently and stops the weight loss. He says the cheat day is most important as this tells the brain the body is not in starvation mode.Metabolism is thus not affected.
The day before you start the diet is a cheat day---eat all you want of whatever you want. It is also low fat but normal portions of all. 3 meals and 2 required snacks each day. no skipping meals or snacks.
1st week ( Priming Phase low carbs) is a lot like Adkins, no carbs.
2nd week ( Priming Phase Low GI/GL) adds carbs, but only those low on the glycemic index/glycemic load veggies, legumes and fruit.
3rd week ( Priming Phase Higher GI/GL) adds higher GI/GL carbs like ww bread WW pasta.
And the best part on day 21 it is a cheat day you can eat anything you want in any amount.
The 2nd phase which is continued till you reach goal is the same as above but 2 days of low carb(like week 1) 2 days of Low GI/GL (like week 2) and 2 days of higher GI/GL (like week 3) and on day 7 you cheat!
So fter the first 3 weeks you get 1 day of cheating each wee
Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hello
I'm updating for my first month on this Cheat to lose diet.
I'm down 10 lbs. Best part is, I'm really not hungry and because I have a legal cheat day every week, I have been staying on plan.