Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SUZANNELIGHTLADY
Stats: start size 22/current size 16
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: 2 August 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUZANNELIGHTLADY View Post
I have just tried Diane's Guilded Cinnamon Muffins (from the book) for the first time. The batter was really THICK, more like a dough. Anyone else have this problem? I had to add soy milk to get it to a consistency more like muffin batter.
Anyhow, to Diane's original recipe, I also added 1 t vanilla extract and topped each muffin with a sprinkle of dried coconut. Very, very good muffins.
SUZANNELIGHTLADY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barb F.
Stats: 264/254/199
Start Date: 1/1/12
Pumpkin Sausage Soup

I PROMISE it doesn't taste like pumpkin. Awesome, rich and filling. This recipe thanks to another forum on this site.

12 oz. tube Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage (I used 1 lb. regular and added pepper flakes)
1/2 c. diced onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 T Italian seasoning
2 c. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. cream
1/2 c. water
Salt and pepper

Brown sausage, drain. Add onion, mushroom, garlic, Italian seasoning. Saute until onions are soft. Add pumpkin and mix well. Stir in broth and mix well. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cream and water and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

I think this will make 6 large/entree size servings at 2.3 carbs per serving (counting only the pumpkin since all other ingredients are free) Add some step2 crackers for a great meal.
Barb F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
WHIPPED TOPPING

WHIPPED TOPPING
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix, dry *
[COLOR=#016798]Liquid Splenda[/COLOR] equivalent to 1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup sugar, optional
Place all of the ingredients in a large, deep mixing bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Beat on high speed until thick and fluffy.
You can store the whipped topping in a plastic container in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours before using.
I put my whipped topping in a quart size zipper bag, with one of my cake decorating tips and coupler inserted into one corner of the bag, to get the fancy look you see in the picture.
Makes 1 1/2-2 cups or about 8 servings
Can be frozen

* Or use white chocolate or cheesecake flavor pudding mix.
Per Serving: 105 Calories; 11g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per Batch: 843 Calories; 88g Fat; 5g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 12g Net Carbs

Although vanilla pudding mix makes the whipped cream taste a little like pudding, this is very good and would make great substitute for Cool Whip in recipes. It almost reminds me of the filling in a Hostess Twinkie (not that I'd know what that tastes like!). I also tried a batch with white chocolate pudding mix and I like that even better. It doesn't turn yellowish like the vanilla pudding mix does and it has less of a pudding flavor and more of a whipped cream taste. I think it would also work very well as a frosting for a cake if you add a little Splenda to make it sweeter. That's the white chocolate version in the photo above.
UPDATE: I just tried this with cheesecake flavor pudding mix and it may just be my new favorite flavor. It has a little more flavor than the white chocolate, but it's not quite as strong and yellow as the vanilla.
LIGHTER WHIPPED TOPPING
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
Liquid Splenda equivalent to 1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup sugar, optional

Prepare the same as directed above. The original Whipped Topping is very thick and would be great as a frosting on a cake or to spread on scones or muffins, but it's a little stiff to serve like whipped cream. I found that using a teaspoon less pudding mix produces a topping that's more like whipped cream or Cool Whip in thickness. The flavor won't be as strong, but it will taste more like regular whipped cream yet it will be thick and stable. As a bonus, you'll shave a couple carbs off the batch.
Per Serving: 104 Calories; 11g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
Per Batch: 835 Calories; 88g Fat; 5g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AggieMom
Stats: 144/133/120
WOE: Metabolism Miracle/ Step 2
Start Date: 10/01/09
Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff

2 lbs sirloin steak, or beef tenderloin
1.5 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup minced onion
¼ cup butter
2-10.5 oz cans low fat beef bouillon
¼ cup ketchup (sugar free) - or omit if you don't like splenda's sweetness
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp salt
1/3 cup soy flour
2 cups light sour cream

Cut meat into bite-size pieces. In skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is tender. Remove mushrooms and onion. In same skillet, brown meat lightly on both sides. Set aside ¾ cup bouillon; add remaining bouillon, ketchup, garlic and salt to skillet. Stir to mix. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Blend reserved bouillon and flour; stir into meat mixture. Add mushrooms and onion. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Stir in sour cream and heat, but do not allow to boil.
AggieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:56 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MMGood
Start Date: Oct 1, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I just made the Eggplant Rollatini recipe from the book, but I added alot of cooked drained spinach (abt 1 1/2 cup) to the ricotta mix.

Lynn
MMGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MMGood
Start Date: Oct 1, 2009
Lynn's Ginger Salad Dressing

Lynn's Ginger Salad Dressing

I use Bragg's products, but you can use any you choose

1 Cup Bragg's olive oil

1/2 Cup Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

1/4 Cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos

1/4 Cup Lemon Juice

1 Tbsp Freshly grated ginger

1 tsp Sesame seeds

1 packet Splenda

Mix all on high in blender....I store it in a glass container in my cupboard.
MMGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nill4me
Stats: 244/233/160-ish
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: 9/9/13
holy cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb F. View Post
This recipe courtesy of LindaSue

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
2 6-ounce cans tuna or salmon, drained well
2 eggs
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine, 1 ounce
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 1/2 ounce
1/4 cup green pepper, minced, 1 ounce
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch Old Bay seasoning

Mix all of the ingredients and spoon into 6 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
THIS sounds awesome, but i'm going to use Crab instead, and substitute shredded carrot or squash for the cheese. Maybe add some cajun seasoning.
nill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lizkaye
Stats: Start: 185 lbs (5'5") Goal: 145
Start Date: June 29, 2012
I see no one has posted here in a while, but maybe others will see this. Diane has updated her info for stage one. You are now allowed to have the following as one of your daily 5x5's (oh, she no longer calls it that...she calls it 5 gram counter).

5 gram portions of fruit:
¼ cup blueberries or blackberries
1/3 cup of raspberries
4 grapes
2 strawberries (slice them thinly!!! to make the portion appear larger)
1/3 cup cubed melon
4 cherries
lizkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Hoping this gets moving too. DH was just dx with diabetes, no meds and have ordered her book. So will see if my usual LC works or is her program more flexible.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jerryandtabatha
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizkaye View Post
I see no one has posted here in a while, but maybe others will see this. Diane has updated her info for stage one. You are now allowed to have the following as one of your daily 5x5's (oh, she no longer calls it that...she calls it 5 gram counter).

5 gram portions of fruit:
¼ cup blueberries or blackberries
1/3 cup of raspberries
4 grapes
2 strawberries (slice them thinly!!! to make the portion appear larger)
1/3 cup cubed melon
4 cherries
I havent started this plan yet...am waiting on the book. So how would one "know" if something has been updated or revised? Will the above be in the book I am ordering? I have been to the website but as far as I can tell you have to pay to really see anything or interact with anyone.
jerryandtabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #131
tjo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjo
Stats: 210/202/165
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Made this Saturday night for Sunday morning breakfast...packed leftovers to eat all week. Yum!

Sausage, Egg, And Vegetable Casserole

Serves: 9

Ingredients
1 pound sweet italian turkey sausage, casing removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 small head kale or escarole, chopped
1 zucchini (8 ounces), halved then thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 to 1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
garlic powder to taste
8 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup 2% milk, at room temperature
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until mostly cooked, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over the bottom of the prepared dish. Discard the fat in the skillet. Pour the oil into the same skillet and stir in the escarole/kale, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, plus garlic powder to taste. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid evaporates, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and arrange over the sausage.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pour over the vegetables. Bake until the eggs are set, 40 to 45 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.

Definitely phase 1, but the milk may need to count as a counter.
tjo is offline   Reply With Quote