Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly2009
Stats: 140/133/125
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: December 26,2010
Belly Fat Cure

Anybody doing the 15/6 Bellyfat Cure?? I just started this and am having results..I have done Aikens in the past also but this seems to be working a lil better for me.
Molly2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: losinit2live
what is the 15/6 belly fat cure?
losinit2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losinit2live View Post
what is the 15/6 belly fat cure?
The 15/6 is sugar to carb ratio. Eat no more than 15 grams of sugar a day and 6 carb servings (a carb serving is between 5-20 grams of carbs) to you potentially can have 120 carbs per day.

For example, I have 2 slices (2 slices is one serving on the nutrition label) of Aunt Millies Wholewheat bread, There is 1 gram of sugar and 16 carbs per serving, so this would be = to 1/1, 1 serving of sugar and 1 serving of carbs since the carbs is under 20 grams,,,it the carbs where over 20 carbs per serving you would have to count that as 2 carb serving,thus changing it to 1/2.

Hope I was clear in my explanation.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

wow. I've never heard of that. I just started Atkins.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losinit2live View Post
wow. I've never heard of that. I just started Atkins.
good luck with that,,,,if done correctly it does work however the reason I am not doing "no carbs" or super low carbs is because it messes with my "girly cycle" and since I am trying to get pregnant I gotta stay regular :blush:
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
have you lost weight with this woe?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
have you lost weight with this woe?
I lost 3 pounds in one week, I only weight my self once a week to I will weight again on Friday.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds interesting
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

keep us posted. I'm still not sure I understand the whole concept... will do more research. Good luck with the baby thing!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Molly, I am curious as to how you are doing.
My best friend is into this diet and is restarting this week.
She could never explain it to me very well. What is the stance on protein/fat?
Are there calorie restrictions?
I hope it is working for you.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
Make it 4
lacie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Thank you Mija.
Just downloaded and read it. Too bad he is so vague about what a "serving" of carbs is.
He quantifies sugar in grams but not carbs???? Kind of lame, unless I missed something, which is entirely possible. The other problem is that he does not even address proteins or fats at all. What kind of a diet plan only talks about two of the macronutrient groups?

I am still pretty sure that the book my friend read is different. Need to find out the author.
The
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cecekingskid
Stats: 257/240/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 2009
Trying to work it out on the Belly Fat Cure

Hello all,
I've mostly lurked since joining the boards recently, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm working Jorge's Belly Fat Cure plan pretty much just using the information in the BFC report that I downloaded and a little help from his youtube videos. I wish there was a food list but so far I've found that you have to be a part of the pilot group from San Diego that he originally started working with in order to have access to that information. He will have a book coming out on the Belly Fat Cure but its not going to be released until 2010.

I started on April 3rd (so about 3 weeks ago) and I've lost 10 lbs and 5.5 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips. The best part is how much better I feel though. Definitely more energetic and less tired/cranky. I feel great. I've been scouring the internet trying to find information that will help with this plan....don't know if I can be of any help but I'll definitely try if I can. This plan is definitely worth trying...I can totally see myself eating like this as a way of life and not just a "diet". I hope I continue to see success. HTH!!!
cecekingskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sandyn
with how much we know about the damage sugar can do to our bodies, I would never do a diet that purposely told you to eat it. JMO. Good luck
sandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyn View Post
with how much we know about the damage sugar can do to our bodies, I would never do a diet that purposely told you to eat it. JMO. Good luck
to each their own.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2009 View Post
Anybody doing the 15/6 Bellyfat Cure?? I just started this and am having results..I have done Aikens in the past also but this seems to be working a lil better for me.
they were talking a bit about this on the today show. sounds interesting to me
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

bumping to see if anyone else is following this plan. I'm still working it and I'm down 14 lbs. I love this!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyn View Post
I don't think they are telling you to purposefully *add* sugar to your diet. Certain foods naturally contain sugars -- like fruit, milk, etc. Nutritional labels tell you that, of the carbs in a food, a certain number may be from fiber or from sugar. (The rest, presumably, are from starch, the other type of carb.) Packaged products may contain added sugar -- you'd want to look at the ingredients list to tell.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
Thank you, cecekingskid, for answering my question. I appreciate it. I have downloaded the report and printed it out. Again, thank you.
lacie
lacie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

shucks Moira -- I was so excited reading your post I clicked on the link and the site is familiar. When I click join it tells me I've already been added to the list, (I thought I had). In anycase it seems that joining is now closed to new members. The message says that its full and they will add me to the waiting list. I wish I'd get notice that I can join. I'd love to at least have a food list. I'm just winging it right now. I've lost over 20 lbs but some weeks seems like I've just been teetering at the same spot for a while now. Don't suppose. Sigh!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

By the way if you are still interested in a partner for the BFC I'm willing. I think that would be great!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mherdtler
Hi cece
I had the same problem when i tried to join. I just went there daily and tried and eventually it worked. I think people drop off daily. Try close to the end of the month like now!!! I would give you copies of my stuff but its many pages long. I would love to buddy up i am so new to this im not sure how to communicate directly with you. Looks like you have been very suceesful with your weight loss. I have been on the slow boat. Trying to stick to atkins but just cant seem to make any progress!!! Keep loggin on to that site eventually it will pay off.
mherdtler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Motorama
Can you please tell me more?
This is my problem: I have a low BMI with a belly. I look at my pictures when I was six at the beach and I had the same problem. I'm skinny-fat and have worsened the condition with neverending yo-yo dieting.
I also suffer from Reactive Hypoglycemia where sugar spikes lead to sugar crashes causing unstable blood sugar and energy swings.

I'm in the lookout for anything that might "recompose" my body so that I have less fat in the abdomen and more fat where it's needed (like my sulked cheeks) This sound promising but I haven't understand an iota.
Also would this diet be beneficial for Reactive Hypoglycemia?
Motorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Motorama
Check this picture:

In the smaller pic Jorge was 40 pounds overweight but have you noticed he had an emaciated face not a chubby face? When I tell people this is what happens to me and a lot of people wrongly considered thin or normal, they always say to me this is impossible, that you gain everywhere. I gain ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY in the abdomen. When I have a big belly my face is gaunt, my cheeks are flat and my arms are skinny. When I try to lose abdominal weight I just keep losing it in the face and arms till people tell me I look like a skeleton and sick, and yet I have a lot of fat in the abdomen. Jorge is the proof this can happen and it's not that rare. There are people out there who gain only in the stomach. And the more they seem to gain in the stomach which grows and grows, the more emaciated they seem to become in the face and legs. What's your opinion and advice?
Motorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbragg
Stats: 236/162/135-145 depending on how I look
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/21/2008
I am currently following this plan along with Eat Stop Eat and I love it! I don't feel bloated or starving like I normally do on moderate carb plans (technically this is still considered "low carb" since it's under 150 grams a day, just not Very Low Carb). I actually feel full and satisfied!
kbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: candys1
more info on belly fat diet

I've gone to the jorge cruise site, and he's not letting any more people sign up. Does anyone have any more info on this diet without doing the site? I know the 15 grams of sugar/day max, and 6 servings of carbs/day. Anything else to watch out for? thanks so much.
candys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surrealchereal
Oh his club. Nevermind

Last edited by surrealchereal; 08-17-2009 at 02:11 PM..
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Hi-Interested in this plan as i think Jorge is very knowledgeable. Can anyone doing the plan please post some daily menus as I am not sure how to progress. thanks!!!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian (trying to be vegan!)
Start Date: Jan 2014
A typical day (not mine, found on another website)

breakfast: scrambled eggs, soy sausage or turkey sausage, slice of orowheat protein bread with butter
snack: trader joes mediterranean cheese style yogurt or Fage full fat yogurt topped with Stevia or truvia and blackberries
lunch: pita (1/2) with mayo, meunster cheese ( 1 slice) and costco herb rosted turkey breast filled with organic baby greens and 1/4 avocado
dinner: tacos ( 2 usually) - lo carb wheat tortilla filled with rotissiere chicken breast, sour cream, shredded cheese, baby greens and water.
drinks : green tea w/ stevia, water, zevia soda, sobe life water ( purvia sweetened) tropicana 50 orange juice.
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pelepup
Stats: 174/170
WOE: belly fat cure
Start Date: 9/11/2009
belly fat cure

I'm an older person (MID 50'S) who just started it on 9/11 based on an article in Parade Magazine and his web site. I guess I need the book to get the specifics on his diet but using the 15/6 formula, I have lost 4 lbs which included a day I shamefully ate birthday cake, cookies and ice cream. If anyone can help with specifics until I get book, that would be great.
pelepup is offline   Reply With Quote