Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Skerri, how come you didn't use flour? I thought we could have up to 20 g carbs per carb serving. I hope I'm not screwing this up. I had baked pancake for dinner.
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skerri
Start Date: January 8, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
Skerri, how come you didn't use flour? I thought we could have up to 20 g carbs per carb serving. I hope I'm not screwing this up. I had baked pancake for dinner.
I want to get almond flour or a low carb flour before i incorporate it into my eating. the only flour i can get is normal at the grocery store here. so i think if possible, tomorrow i will go to the windmill downtown and put up low carb flour. will peek at the biological store at the strip mall too close by for almond flour.

Last edited by skerri; 01-08-2010 at 01:54 PM..
skerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Sugars are carbs. If a serving of cabbage has 1 gram sugar and 4 grams carbs, you count 1 suagr, no carbs. If it has 1 grm sugar and 5 grams carbs, you count 1/1. You always count the sugar, no matter what it came from.

I have been so caught up in carbs and fiber that I was not looking at the sugar counts, too. My book that I use for everything does not show sugar grams. I went on line and found the added number. I had thought the carbs were the sugars - WRONG!! I now have it figured out. Thanks for bearing with me.

I guess if we want to eat very many veggies that is where our sugar allotment will go to.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I have been so caught up in carbs and fiber that I was not looking at the sugar counts, too. My book that I use for everything does not show sugar grams. I went on line and found the added number. I had thought the carbs were the sugars - WRONG!! I now have it figured out. Thanks for bearing with me.

I guess if we want to eat very many veggies that is where our sugar allotment will go to.
Sadly so. Except for maybe big salads of mixed greens, they all have at least 2-3 g sugar per serving. I'm still wondering how fruit fit into this. I orderedthe book from amazon, along with some stevia. Not in the budget, but I'd hate to be doing this all wrong! I'm going by what the folks here have posted so far.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
anyone looking for a ******-like place that will also track sugar, nutrimirror is pretty good. fitclick also did, but they kept freezing up on me.
I also found nutritiondata that showed the sugars and the carbs.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Miss Ashley
Stats: 150 now, would like to be130 at least
Start Date: 01/04/2009
I have just started this, and I have already seen results. I actually was doing it wrong, and then got the book and was clued into how it all works. If you dont have the book, it is def a good thing to have. I think almost every post I have seen, someone has seen results. Thats awesome, and if it is working, I dont know why more people arent doing it.........
Miss Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skerri
Start Date: January 8, 2010
Day 2 today and i slept amazing! I swear i slept like a ton of bricks

So for breakfast today i had the following:

Greek sugar free natural yogurt 200g, 50g natural raspberries (frozen) 2/1
1 Tbsp colon cleanse with psyllium husks mixed in 0/0
1 liter water
3 cups coffee with heavy cream 0/0
skerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

I'm bummed. Just got notice from Amazon that my book is backordered
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm bummed. Just got notice from Amazon that my book is backordered
Do you have a Costco near you. I saw them there the other day for a little over $11.00.

I have my chart printed out and a note book to keep records in so today is the day!! We have been out to dinner everynight for the past several nights with company, but now everyone is gone so we can really watch what we eat. I don't do badly eating out, but never know just what is in things I don't make.

I noticed in the book that the Zevia drink is 0/1. That definitely won't be worth a whole carb serving when you can only have 6 of them!! I see there are 11 grams of erythitol in them!!! I hought they were sweetened with stevia and a 0/0 food the way he talked about them on-line so when I actually found them I didn't read the label. I will learn!!!!

At least I have the veggie carbs and sugars down now!!

I remember one of you said you just went cold turkey on the sweets. I think that is probably the best thing to do and then see what can be added in at a later date.

Here's hoping it works as well for me as the rest of you.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

I don't understand why he's count that as a full carb serving. At best, you'd think it would count as 1 gram sugar. Erythritol is the lowest impact sugar alc there is. It has a max of .2 calories per gram (that's point 2!) So that drink would provided 2.2 calories (unless there's something else in there?)
Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't understand why he's count that as a full carb serving. At best, you'd think it would count as 1 gram sugar. Erythritol is the lowest impact sugar alc there is. It has a max of .2 calories per gram (that's point 2!) So that drink would provided 2.2 calories (unless there's something else in there?)
It shows water, flavoring, erythritol and stevia. 0 calories but 11 carbs and 11 sugar alcohols. I think I'll do the Atkins thing and subtract the sugar alcohols as these are so low impact!! I didn't buy a lot and don't think they are worth the money to buy more, but I was surprised at the calculation.

I have been using erythritol to cook with, but maybe I am making a mistake there, too?

Moving onward......
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

check out the medosa site. if you search for "sugar alcohols" at his site, it will tell you the impact of each of the SA's
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
My ice cream maker can today by FED-X

Now I need to buy some Maltitol sweetner to make the ice cream, most sites say they are out of stock / sold out!

I can't find this sweenter in my town, I need to order off the internet.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
check out the medosa site. if you search for "sugar alcohols" at his site, it will tell you the impact of each of the SA's
That's mendosa, not medosa
Old 01-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalp View Post
My ice cream maker can today by FED-X

Now I need to buy some Maltitol sweetner to make the ice cream, most sites say they are out of stock / sold out!

I can't find this sweenter in my town, I need to order off the internet.
Have fun!!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I noticed in the book that the Zevia drink is 0/1. That definitely won't be worth a whole carb serving when you can only have 6 of them!! I see there are 11 grams of erythitol in them!!! I hought they were sweetened with stevia and a 0/0 food the way he talked about them on-line so when I actually found them I didn't read the label. I will learn!!!!
I might be wrong but doesn't it depend on what flavour you have???
Can't get Zevia here, hence the occasional Coke Zero mishap! :blush:
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerri View Post
well for dinner tonight i ended up having danish pork patties.. well a variation of them considering usually you add in flour. of course i didn't.. so just did the egg... salt and pepper and onion. also had about 3 cups of spinach with mixed greens... 1 small tomato cut up and a handful of green beans cut up. Added 1 tbsp mayo watered down to make my dressing. was stuffed! and was yummy

I went to the grocery store this evening to check for almond milk.. none anywhere. i ended up getting alpro.. just natural flavour so no sugar etc in it. that is one big thing between living in canada and moving to here... the super clean eating. have no choice but too. so really unless i go absolutely bonkers and lose control.. and binge.. i should lose NO problem on this WOL.
I was thankfully able to find babybel cheese. and they had the atkins low carb bread mix at the store as well (so grabbed 3 so i'm good to go for a while).

Also i can't find bouillion without sugar here, so i pick up a small chicken. Will cook it tomorrow and make homemade broth with it and some soup. there is a neato turkey and egg noodle soup on the low carb recipe site mentioned in here. think i will try that this coming week but made with chicken.

I also ended up picking up a bag of mixed nuts in their orginal shells to be sure they are clean. I'm just not sure how many i should limit to, so if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. The bag contains walnuts, pecans and one other... will have to have a peek. I ended up picking up also some natural greek yogurt. it was the only one with zero sugar in it, and picked up some frozen raspberries and blueberries as well for variety in the morning. and some wheat bran type cereal that we have over here -- it's called brinta.

Hoping my book comes in this coming week! I would love to see food ideas so i can see what we have over here.

and on the tmi side of things, i am so glad i picked up the colon cleanse with psyllium husks. i'm not regular BM wise so it's been great today to have gone three times! i'm lucky if normally i go once every three days lol
Skerri sounds like you are doing really well - that's great. Also, I know what you mean about BMs. I used to be about once a week - how unhealthy must that be? Much better now but, um, not three times a day yet! Must go and check out this colon cleanse!
Thanks for the B&N link
Old 01-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Chick lady, I ordered my book off of ebay. It came in 4 days, and was only $13.70 inc shipping. I was stoked!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's mendosa, not medosa
Thanks for sharing the site. It was interesting. I am trying to cut out some of the sweeteners, though. We'll see how it goes!!! They are certainly everywhere!!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ashley View Post
Chick lady, I ordered my book off of ebay. It came in 4 days, and was only $13.70 inc shipping. I was stoked!!!!

Not sure I can cancel the order, but it's worth a shot. Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Hi! Just wandering if anyone was haing success on the Belly Fat Cure. I did it without the book and may have done a few things wrong like not counting veggies. I just got the book and will give it another try. I will check in as I think this plan is good but needs support-Kim
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

I just got my book too, and now we're gonna "go by the book"
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Hi! Just wandering if anyone was haing success on the Belly Fat Cure. I did it without the book and may have done a few things wrong like not counting veggies. I just got the book and will give it another try. I will check in as I think this plan is good but needs support-Kim
You have to make sure that you count your carbs as servings, not as grams. It goes 0-5grams is 0, 5-20 is 1, 21-30grams is 2, 31-40grams is 3, 41-50grams is 4. So you can have 6 servings per day. & Im pretty sure sugar just counts as normal. If you really look at normal foods that you eat, they are loaded in sugars!!! Once you finanly look at all of them, and get the good foods down, you will realize that you dont eat close to 15 grams of sugar a day. At least I dont.

Im sure most of you have seen this, especially if your on the diet. But here is a pdf version of the diet. Its nice to have on hand, if you dont have the book.

http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/...llyfatcure.pdf
Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I just got my book too, and now we're gonna "go by the book"
Glad to hear. I was doing mine all wrong until I got the book. Good luck to ya ChickLady
Old 01-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: koltov
Stats: 243/235/180
WOE: Jorge Cruise
Start Date: January 10, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ashley View Post
You have to make sure that you count your carbs as servings, not as grams. It goes 0-5grams is 0, 5-20 is 1, 21-30grams is 2, 31-40grams is 3, 41-50grams is 4. So you can have 6 servings per day. & Im pretty sure sugar just counts as normal. If you really look at normal foods that you eat, they are loaded in sugars!!! Once you finanly look at all of them, and get the good foods down, you will realize that you dont eat close to 15 grams of sugar a day. At least I dont.

Im sure most of you have seen this, especially if your on the diet. But here is a pdf version of the diet. Its nice to have on hand, if you dont have the book.

http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/...llyfatcure.pdf
Hi, I just joined this site and went looking to see if there was anything about Jorge Cruise here, and sure enough, here it is.

I started this diet last week. My older brothers have been on this for the past couple of months and have lost an amazing amount of weight. I've lost 8 pounds over the week so I'm pretty pumped on this.

Not sure if anyone is aware (I didn't read all the posts in this thread), but Jorge had a 12 week long live web class a few months ago. Not sure how much it costs or if he'll do it again. I understand he took questions live, as well. But in addition he put all the videos of each class, the transcript (to read if you can't watch), and the weekly menus/recipes. Sounds pretty good..not sure how much different it is than what he already provides free.

One great suggestion for people just starting, that my brothers told me about, is an easy way to keep track of the daily sugar/carb intake. (maybe this was already mentioned in a previous post) You take an index card or piece of paper and have two lines. On the top line you write: "Sugar" and put 15 circles after it. On the second line you write: "Carbs" and put 6 circles. For each meal or snack you fill in circles for each carb/sugar that you've eaten. That makes it easy to see your S/C for the day. My brothers said that after you do this for a while you have a pretty good idea of what you're eating and don't need to do this anymore.

The thing that I really like about Jorge Cruise's plan is that even with the incredible sweet tooth I have and that I always seemed hungry....on this diet I'm satisfied after a meal or snack and don't have those cravings.

Some of recipes call for maltitol, but that can be upsetting to the stomach and strangely enough I read that it has a REALLY high glycemic value. So now I want to order erythritol from netrition.com. First I need to find out the difference between the crystals and powder and how this stuff gets measured when you're using it as a substitute for sugar.

There are certain products he recommends. One of them is a protein shake from Jay Robb. I bought a packet of the chocolate mix, yesterday, at Whole Foods to try it out. I mixed the powder in with about a cup of almond milk (one of the few milks that is OK to drink), a couple of ice cubes and blended it in our VitaMix. It was really good. I'm going to buy a canister of the stuff. Except that I'll add some unsweetened cocoa powder next time to give a bit more chocolate flavor.

Another product he recommends is a particular ketchup which I believe uses xylitol. The only place to buy it is off the company's web site and it costs as much to ship as the product costs! So not sure if there's any reasonable alternatives. I have been using the Heinz ketchup with sucralose, but I'd like to give up that stuff if possible. Jorge is really big on NOT having Splenda, Equal, or Sweet-n-low.

I'll be interested to keep up with people on this thread to see how successful everyone is...and how many stick to the plan and keep off the weight!

Dave

Last edited by koltov; 01-17-2010 at 04:35 PM..
koltov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dave and
Thanks for all the information and well done on your weight loss so far.
This thread can be slightly sporadic but it's always good to hear how well other people are doing.

Hope everyone is doing well and Kimad - welcome back!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Hi everyone! Well I jumped back in full force last Thurs. and have done pretty well so far. I will weigh in on Thurs. and let ya know how my week went. We were away this past weekend and i feel I did Ok -I lose pretty slow so I am not expecting a big loss. The book has been helpful and I really like the Giradelli chocolate-not really creamy but less bitter than the Black & Green. Check back soon!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: koltov
Stats: 243/235/180
WOE: Jorge Cruise
Start Date: January 10, 2010
One of Jorge's recipes is homemade vanilla ice cream recipe...anyone good at converting between types of sweeteners?
The recipe is 1-1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk; 1-1/8 cups maltitol syrup; 3 cups heavy whipping cream and 1-1/2 tbl pure vanilla extract. Put all ingredients in a 2-qt ice cream maker,

Not sure anyone can answer this but my question is if I want to use Erythritol or Truvia instead of the maltitol syrup, how much of either one of those would I use?

Dave
koltov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

I think the maltitol helps in the consistency of the ice cream. You may want to try making a syrup out of the erythritol. It does supposedly carmelize. With it's cool after taste though, maybe you want to make a stronger flavored ice cream....like mint. I use liquid stevia and erythritol for baking, and usually use equal replacement of erythritol for the sugar in a recipe, then add a shot of stevia to it I think maltitol is sweeter than that though.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WyoPrairieChick
Stats: 213/213/140
WOE: Crack The Fat Loss Code
Start Date: Everyday is a NEW day, NEW start!
I've am do'n Crack the Fat Loss Code by Wendy Chant.

I was VERY curious about The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise, so I bought the book, got the LAST one in town. I really like the way he explains things - especially about the different alternative sugar's. That was very EYE OPENING You should see all the yellow highlighting I have done! s

I really admire Jorge, for his efforts in researching the current methods of nutrition. My one hang up right now is that there are a LOT of questions concerning some conflicts in his book. He is busy with a book tour right now, but I wish there were staff and a web site that could handle this NEW way of eating for us and our questions that are coming up.

I subscribe to his newsletter, and get his weekly video. I am also a member of his Facebook page. On Facebook is where you can find the conflicts in the book.

So, I'll be continuing on my Crack the Fat Loss Plan - BUT ...I will be adding some of Jorge's information into the plan.

Who knows - maybe I will convert all together, but I won't make that decision until I give Crack the Fat Loss its 8 weeks. I'm on week 2 right now and doing well!

See ya in 8 weeks (or maybe before!)

BTW - I have thrown out my scale and am only measuring my waist!