Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

We completed day 1 almost perfectly. 16 grams sugar instead of 15. Compared to our usual sugary days, I'm sure my body is in shock! I am amazed at what has sugar in it. I'm talking about things like cabbage. Who'd a thunk it
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
I'm doing good not 100% by the book yet. My sugars are around the 15 grams per day, however I'm still drinking the diet soda which I have in the house but once it's gone we will not buy any more because it has Aspartame in it which were not to have any fake sugars such has (saccgarin, aspartame, sucralose, high fructose corn syrup). Even my sugar free hot choc. has the fake sugar So be careful and look at labels before eating.

Went shopping yesterday and bought Stevia & xylitol which he does say are belly good sweetners.

Also I bought an ice cream maker to make my own He has the recipe in the book = 0/1 for 1/2 cup.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: BFC
Start Date: Jan 2009
Oh dear I succumbed to a box of chocolates today :blush: so probably up to about 5000 sugars! Didn't even enjoy them! Rest of day has been good though and it's a new day tomorrow....
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

We are keeping a few Splenda sweetened items (pancake syrup, pickles, soda, etc) because there are either no alternatives locally, or there are no affordable alternatives locally. I have to go check out what excitotoxin means. They don't cause cravings for us though.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Oh dear I succumbed to a box of chocolates today :blush: so probably up to about 5000 sugars! Didn't even enjoy them! Rest of day has been good though and it's a new day tomorrow....

Bad chocolate, bad!! It does stink that you couldn't at least enjoy them. A chocolate endulgence should be at least as good as sex!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Oh...another question if I may. How do you all figure out "restaurant" bought stuff....like a Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream no sugar.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I am drinking my Zenia cola as I write this. I don't think it is worth the money. I'll just try and cut back and add some lemon to Diet Rite with Splenda. I still don't think that is as bad as aspertame. Jorge says malitol is good, but I can't use foods made with that and the write ups on it are not good, either. Too bad we all like our sweets!!

I was looking at ice cream makers today, too, but wondered if we could make syrup out of xyltol for the sweetener. I haven't had any ice cream for soooo long and it would be a nice taste change.

Are we counting added sugars? - aren't the sugars in cabbage counted as carbs? Some veggies are quite high in carbs, but they aren't added sugars like HFCS???

My book is in the mail according to Amazon - that will help with answers I know.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I am drinking my Zenia cola as I write this. I don't think it is worth the money. I'll just try and cut back and add some lemon to Diet Rite with Splenda. I still don't think that is as bad as aspertame. Jorge says malitol is good, but I can't use foods made with that and the write ups on it are not good, either. Too bad we all like our sweets!!

I was looking at ice cream makers today, too, but wondered if we could make syrup out of xyltol for the sweetener. I haven't had any ice cream for soooo long and it would be a nice taste change.

Are we counting added sugars? - aren't the sugars in cabbage counted as carbs? Some veggies are quite high in carbs, but they aren't added sugars like HFCS???

My book is in the mail according to Amazon - that will help with answers I know.
I don't think so, just because some fruit are so high in sugar. I am guessing though. The next time I'll have money for a book will be after tax refund time
Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Eating back on track today
Seabreezes, I don't understand your question!!! The carbs in cabbage are counted (if your portion is over 5g carb) AND the sugar is counted. Does that help or were you asking something completely different?!
PS what's HFCS?

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 01-06-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
Bad chocolate, bad!! It does stink that you couldn't at least enjoy them. A chocolate endulgence should be at least as good as sex!

Yes you're absolutely right - I know what to do next time I'm tempted by chocolate!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In the book: 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded, raw = 1/0
All coffee, black = 0/0 just watch what you put in it. I'm a tea drinker.

My jeans were loser today. I won't weigh or measure my belly until Saturday. Well see what 1 week did for me.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Eating back on track today
Seabreezes, I don't understand your question!!! The carbs in cabbage are counted (if your portion is over 5g carb) AND the sugar is counted. Does that help or were you asking something completely different?!
PS what's HFCS?
high fructose corn syrup
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meandjorge
Hi! Sounds like a few of your are doing great on the Belly Fat Cure. We only have a few classes left with Jorge (for the 12wk coaching). So far I have lost 26lbs since the end of October!

Remember to count your sugar/carb servings per meal, that is more important than per day to keep from "locking in" belly fat with raised insulin levels. As for chocolate, you can dark chocolate that is over 85% cocao! At 1st I hated it, but now I really love it! The Jay Robb shakes are a great treat too!

If you arent giving up your artificial sweeteners you will not lose the taste for sweets, or the cravings. So keep that in mind! I was a total Coke Zero addict, and used Splenda in some things. I went cold turkey and truly have not missed it in 11wks. Maybe the first wk, but then not at all.

I wrote up a review of dark chocolates for the Belly Fat Cure here: Me and Jorge: Product Reivew: Dark Chocolates
meandjorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
high fructose corn syrup
Thanks for answering for me.

I was trying to say that we count veggies as carbs and sugars as sugars. 5-20 or so = 1 carb serving and one gram of sugar ie. Corn syrup, etc is counted as one toward the 16.

Is this correct?

Thanks for bearing with me.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Sugars are carbs. If a serving of cabbage has 1 gram sugar and 4 grams carbs, you count 1 suagr, no carbs. If it has 1 grm sugar and 5 grams carbs, you count 1/1. You always count the sugar, no matter what it came from.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skerri
Start Date: January 8, 2010
hey all

I was wondering if you have room for another. I have been reading about the BFC and boy do I need it! I feel like i'm 7 months pregnant 24/7 (even though I definitely am not) :blush:

Anyhow, I live in the netherlands and am all ready to start tomorrow morning. I went and bought some bread today an stevia for my husbands coffee (he doesn't know we are doing this WOE). I figure... he has a belly too and as long as he eats what i make.. he will drop and be like WHOA!

Cosmic - not sure if you ordered the book yet. I just ordered one from barnes and noble in the US and it came to 18 euros (4-14 day delivery). So not too shabby! I noticed they don't have them in the UK yet or the Netherlands.

Way to go to all of you, you have me estatic to start first thing in the morning. Can't wait to jump on board
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

ohhh and i love the recipes on this site that posted in here!
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

some really yummy looking stuff in there i can incorporate into BFC

SOOOO excited!
skerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Hi Skerri! I broke down and sent for the book too. There's just some things I don't know how to get sugar counts from.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

i've been wanting to go back on an eating plan and was debating atkins. the only thing is with atkins i find the veggie intake at the start is so minimal and its an important part of good health. so this WOL is so exciting to see!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Well I started my new WOE this morning as planned.

So far I have had the following (will edit as the day progresses):

Breakfast:

Omelet with 6 spinach leaves, 1 tbsp grated old gouda cheese, sprinkled with a bit of feta; two pieces of low carb bread with butter 2/1
Coffee with heavy cream 0/0 (having 3 cups this morning)
1 16 oz glass of water
1 8oz glass water with 1 tbsp colon cleanse with psyllium husks (need 2 more tbsp throughout the day but man... it's gritty ) 0/0

Last edited by skerri; 01-08-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Are psyllium husks "freebies"?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

anyone looking for a ******-like place that will also track sugar, nutrimirror is pretty good. fitclick also did, but they kept freezing up on me.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Are psyllium husks "freebies"?
believe so.. i know the one i am taking has zero carbs and no sugar. just make sure it's only carbs is fiber. from what i understand atm, fiber is the only carb you don't need to count?

ohh i went for a nap.. and got up and had the worst craving for peanut m&m's lol. so, instead i immediately went to the kitchen and put 20 chicken legs in the oven for moments like this. going to remove the skin as i use and cut up for salad and such. or chicken sandwiches so far so good!

My chicken legs are rdy so i made myself a chicken salad.

1 handful of mixed greens 0/0 (assuming 1 handful of mixed greens wouldn't be a servings of carbs? will check on the site you mentioned in a bit!)
1 tsp mayo mixed with water 1/0
2 chicken legs cuts up without the skin 0/0
small chunk of oud gouda cheese 0/0
16 oz glass of water 0/0
1 8oz glass of colon cleanse with psyllium husks 0/0

Last edited by skerri; 01-08-2010 at 05:12 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
anyone looking for a ******-like place that will also track sugar, nutrimirror is pretty good. fitclick also did, but they kept freezing up on me.
thanks bunches for the info i will have to check it out till i know what is up when i get the book in
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerri View Post
hey all
Cosmic - not sure if you ordered the book yet. I just ordered one from barnes and noble in the US and it came to 18 euros (4-14 day delivery). So not too shabby! I noticed they don't have them in the UK yet or the Netherlands.
Hi and welcome aboard!!
No I haven't ordered it yet but will def check out the site you mention - thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, well I made the pancakes from the recipe that Jorge has in the book, OMG they were good. The recipe is a serving for 4, it made 12 pancakes, I had 3 and DH ate 7 he liked them so much.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but I did step on the scale this morning and I'm down 3.5 lbs & DH is down 5. "MEN" and he ate 7 pancakes, life is just not fair.

I can't wait for you ladies to get your book.

PS: I do work out on my Wii fit about 1 hour each day.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Nice loss! Its been three whole days and I don't feel skinny yet
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

well for dinner tonight i ended up having danish pork patties.. well a variation of them considering usually you add in flour. of course i didn't.. so just did the egg... salt and pepper and onion. also had about 3 cups of spinach with mixed greens... 1 small tomato cut up and a handful of green beans cut up. Added 1 tbsp mayo watered down to make my dressing. was stuffed! and was yummy

I went to the grocery store this evening to check for almond milk.. none anywhere. i ended up getting alpro.. just natural flavour so no sugar etc in it. that is one big thing between living in canada and moving to here... the super clean eating. have no choice but too. so really unless i go absolutely bonkers and lose control.. and binge.. i should lose NO problem on this WOL.
I was thankfully able to find babybel cheese. and they had the atkins low carb bread mix at the store as well (so grabbed 3 so i'm good to go for a while).

Also i can't find bouillion without sugar here, so i pick up a small chicken. Will cook it tomorrow and make homemade broth with it and some soup. there is a neato turkey and egg noodle soup on the low carb recipe site mentioned in here. think i will try that this coming week but made with chicken.

I also ended up picking up a bag of mixed nuts in their orginal shells to be sure they are clean. I'm just not sure how many i should limit to, so if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. The bag contains walnuts, pecans and one other... will have to have a peek. I ended up picking up also some natural greek yogurt. it was the only one with zero sugar in it, and picked up some frozen raspberries and blueberries as well for variety in the morning. and some wheat bran type cereal that we have over here -- it's called brinta.

Hoping my book comes in this coming week! I would love to see food ideas so i can see what we have over here.

and on the tmi side of things, i am so glad i picked up the colon cleanse with psyllium husks. i'm not regular BM wise so it's been great today to have gone three times! i'm lucky if normally i go once every three days lol

Last edited by skerri; 01-08-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalp View Post
Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but I did step on the scale this morning and I'm down 3.5 lbs & DH is down 5. "MEN" and he ate 7 pancakes, life is just not fair.
Grats on the loss! I have decided I won't measure myself or weigh myself except on the wii fit. I tend to get obsessed with checking my weight, which i know is bad when on an eating plan. I plan to go by how my clothes fit.

Last edited by skerri; 01-08-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi and welcome aboard!!
No I haven't ordered it yet but will def check out the site you mention - thanks!
The site address is Barnes*&*Noble - Books, Textbooks, Used Books, DVDs, Music, Toys, Home & Gift