Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pugers2
WOE: Belly Fat Cure
The snack ideas I have gathered from his previous videos for Costco,etc. are the Pirate's Booty popcorn 0/0, Stacy's simply naked pita chips 0/1 and Veggie Straws 1/1. String cheese is 0/0. There are some nice crackers out there that are 0/1 that you can put cheese on. Cheez-Its too but having only 6 carb allowances (120 grams) makes carb snacks about out of the question. Either no carbs for meals or carbs for snacks. Walnuts are 0/0. I love the SoBe life waters with the zero on them.

This is a work in progress. I had 27 Cheez-It crackers last night, 0/1. Admittedly, a box of them would have been better but I'm trying.
pugers2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjbar View Post
Just want to share what I made for dinner tonight.

I made corn tortillas lightly fried (lightly in oil) then filled them with white chicken cut in chunks, along with avocado and tomato pieces with some chopped cilantro. Very tasty and the whole thing came out to be .5 sugar and 2 carb. The avocado is .5 sugar and 6 carb for 1/2 cup, the tortillas for two are 0 sugar and 16 carb. The tomato was such a little amount that I didn't count it.

I fried up two more for lunch tomorrow.

I'm still struggling with snack ideas. Before BFC I would grab a Fiber One bar and a yogurt, and a fruit and be set for my two snack per day but it's a big difficult trying to plan for snacks now.

Have a good night.
That sounds yum! Thanks for posting it.
I am quite boring and have nuts and cheese for snacks...
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugers2 View Post
The snack ideas I have gathered from his previous videos for Costco,etc. are the Pirate's Booty popcorn 0/0, Stacy's simply naked pita chips 0/1 and Veggie Straws 1/1. String cheese is 0/0. There are some nice crackers out there that are 0/1 that you can put cheese on. Cheez-Its too but having only 6 carb allowances (120 grams) makes carb snacks about out of the question. Either no carbs for meals or carbs for snacks. Walnuts are 0/0. I love the SoBe life waters with the zero on them.

This is a work in progress. I had 27 Cheez-It crackers last night, 0/1. Admittedly, a box of them would have been better but I'm trying.
Oooh some good ideas here - thanks! (Will have to try the popcorn...)
Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arjbar
Pugers2 thanks for the snack ideas. I love Stacy's pita chips and they're way cheaper from Costco too. But I can't stop at the serving size which I believe is something like 6 chips??? They are YUM!

These are good ideas thanks for sharing.
Arjbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: javacody
Stats: 456/373/250
WOE: Atkins/IF
There are tons of thigs you can do! I made lasagna with no sugar added spaghetti sauce and zucchini slices instead of noodles.

I've also made spaghetti with spaghetti squash instead of noodles and with the no sugar added spaghetti sauce (Lite Ragu, I get it at Walmart).

Pork rinds dipped in a mix of sour cream and salsa are pretty good.

Also, I love slices of deli pork or turkey (buddig type meat) spread with cream cheese and rolled up around either a baby dill or a green onion.

Low carb pizza is awesome, where you don't use any bread at all, you just put the mozzarella in a frying pan, then add sauce (I use the lite Ragu again), then toppings, then some cheese. I don't miss real pizza at all.

One of my absolute favorites though, is hot wings. Tyson Anytizers, Only one gram of carbs per 3 wings.

There are also La Tortilla factory low-carb tortillas. These are awesome! I get them at a local grocery store (and I live in Iowa, you should be able to find them near you!). 3 grams of carbs for a small tortilla, I think 6 for a large?

Another fave is low-carb meatloaf. I use smashed up pork rinds instead of crackers. And the Heinz lite ketchup (only 1 gram of carb per Tb). It's awesome!

What about Chili? Eden Black Soy Beans, 1 gram of carbs per serving. Throw these in with a can of chili or pinto beans, and you have a relatively low carb chili.

I'd look at it this way if I were you all. It's a low carb diet. Plain and simple. Add a slice of toast and some sugar free jam in for breakfast, a low-carb tortilla or pita for lunch, and maybe a potato or some bread for dinner. Other than that, it is low carb.

There are tons of low-carb recipes out there.

What about stuffed peppers?

Most soups are fairly low-carb. Chicken or beef broth, some veggies, some meat, and maybe some quinoa instead of barley or rice?

I love using turnips in place of potatoes for fried potatoes, they are super good!

Also, cauliflower in place of potatoes in potato salad or mashed potatoes.

The sky's the limit.

For recipe ideas, see Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes

I love her low carb muffins made with flax seed. Instead of almond flour, I use whey protein powder. Works great!

Last but not least, my secret weapon is Russel Stover's Sugar Free Dark Chocolate. That stuff is amazing! One square a day (sometimes two, LOL) does me.

Good luck!

Last edited by javacody; 10-24-2009 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Adding link
javacody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Javacody---WOW, thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas. Very good and has helped me a lot. Love the cream cheese rolled inside meat slices. Also the website is awesome.

You're the second person to mention the Russell Stover sugar-free candy. Soooooooooooooooooo looks like I need to add that to my grocery list next week.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your ideas with us.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Javacody - AWESOME post! Great web site recommendation. I agree this is a low-carb diet. Once you replace with sugar substitutes you barely use sugar. It's all about counting carbs and 120 grams is not much. I just canceled my BFC order. Only lost 1 pound so far but lost 1 inch in waist. Not all bad.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sk8rmom
Stats: 230/176/150
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 11/16/2009
I started this WOE 3 days ago and am loving it. I came across an awesome blog from someone who participated in the program last year. He has created a spreadsheet for tracking daily S/Cs. He also shows 10 weeks of his menus! I just had to share!
Michael Thomas Grewe - Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure Blog
sk8rmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rmom View Post
I started this WOE 3 days ago and am loving it. I came across an awesome blog from someone who participated in the program last year. He has created a spreadsheet for tracking daily S/Cs. He also shows 10 weeks of his menus! I just had to share!
Michael Thomas Grewe - Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure Blog
I love it too!
Fell off wagon in a major way yesterday at a Halloween party but, other than feeling ill, I feel fine about it and will just start again today...
Good luck with this plan
Old 10-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supaflyy
Stats: 205/191/150
WOE: BFC
Start Date: august 2009
I like using the parmesan crusted chicken (link below) with brocoli or asparagus on top of spaghetti squash with a cream sauce (sage butter sauce recipe below) or skip the sage and use garlic instead or whatever herbs/seasonings you prefer for your sauce... I like to use paprika in mine too....Its my version of fettucine alfredo lol

I will also use the leftover parm crusted chicken and make a chicken parmesan "slider" similar to the ones applebees has... The mini buns I found are 17c/0s so I only have one with a salad for a nice lunch...Just place the chicken on the bun, top with warm l/c spag sauce or tom sauce and a slice of mozarella cheese...if anyone knows of lower carb buns or rolls i could use please let me know but one is usually enough with the salad..i guess it could all be put in a pita or tortilla instead.
Ortega has whole grain taco shells 16c/2 shells also 6g of fiber per serving...There is a recipe on the back of the box for a Southwestern Chicken Salad i take it for lunch at least 2x a week I can post recipe if anyone is interested...

Crispy Parmesan Cheese Crusted Chicken - LowCarbFriends Recipes

Sage-Butter Sauce
3 tbl Shallots minced
1/2 cup Dry white wine
1/2 cup Heavy cream
1/2 cup Chicken broth
1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
4 Tbl Unsalted butter cold, cubed
1 teaspoon salt,white pepper,cayenne to taste
1 teaspoon Fresh sage minced
For the Sauce - saute the shallots in butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until soft, 2 - 3 minutes. Add the wine, cream, broth and lemon juice. Simmer until reduced by half, 8 - 10 minutes. Whisk in butter, 1 Tbl at a time, stirring constantly. Do not add more butter until previous addition has melted completely. Finish sauce with sage and seasonings. Keep warm in a warm water bath until ready to serve
supaflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Supasflyy thank you for the suggestions and recipe!!!!! I would love to see the Southwestern recipe--thank you! I love eating this way but it's still so difficult to just grab something and go. Much more involved now. Have a good day
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
just checking in-need a kick !
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
just checking in-need a kick !
KICK!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Okay friends, I need help!! Actually I need to just be a good girl and do what I know works! I messed up on the weekend and it has taken me until today to get back on track! So far today I'm back on the plan ... I could probably use one of those kicks too!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rmom View Post
Okay friends, I need help!! Actually I need to just be a good girl and do what I know works! I messed up on the weekend and it has taken me until today to get back on track! So far today I'm back on the plan ... I could probably use one of those kicks too!
KICK!
(while I'm giving them out...)
Well done for getting back on track - that's the hard part!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

LOL! Thanks CosmicGirl! I've never used this board for confessing, but it seemed to help this time. I made it through yesterday and I'm on cruise-control today wondering why I ever would stray. Even in that little amount of time I feel so much better and so much more in control! I can hardly wait for Jorge's book to come out, but even without it this WOE just seems so do-able.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Cosmic-thanks for the kick-you are doing great! Kim
Old 11-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Typical! The BFC book is available on US Amazon for pre-order (you can also search inside!) but no sign of it on UK Amazon...
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Cosmic-how is the program working for you? Everytime I jump back on I feel like I am not losing. Maybe need to post some menus. Thanks-Kim
Old 11-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Hey! I never really introduced myself. I read through all the posts yesterday. Kimad and CosmicGirl it's great to see that you're still hanging in here! This board along with Jorge's YouTube videos really helped me grasp the concept of this. I did really well last week until the weekend hit then it was disaster and took me until I think Wednesday to get back on. I'm NOT going to let this weekend destroy me, though. I lost 75 pounds on the HCG diet (started Nov 1 last year) but have re-gained 15 pounds. I still had 5 to go so now it's 20! I've really struggled with compulsive eating all my life (I'm 56) and love how this WOE tames that monster inside me! I've pre-ordered Jorge's book from Amazon. I'm a real sweet-freak and have found a couple of things that have helped me. I don't know if y'all can get it but Land o Lakes makes a sugar-free whipped cream (in the can) that is 0. It's great on SF jello and on top of my chocolate unsweetened almond milk that is also 0. Little things like that make such a difference for me. Now we'll see how it affects my weight loss, eh? Also when I get a hankering for chocolate, I melt 1 TB coconut oil with 1 TB (slightly less) of cocoa powder and a packet of Truvia then let it harden in the fridge. YUM! That's also a 0. I'm off to Costco now hoping to find the Pirate's Booty!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supaflyy
Stats: 205/191/150
WOE: BFC
Start Date: august 2009
I am really enjoying this diet..thx to all for the info and encouragement. My first couple weeks I gained/lost the same 5 lbs. Once I really committed to it accurately counting c/s I have been losing steadily 15lbs in about 3wks. I must say only 1/2 inch from waist but almost 2inches from hips. I'm headed to b'day party at a pizza buffet...pray for me lol. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
supaflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Well done sk8rmom and supaflyy - you're both doing really well. I love the coconut chocolate idea...
Kim - I do find that if I go slightly over the s/c count then it doesn't really make too much difference but if I fall off the wagon in a major way then it does take a few days for my body to get back to normal. I basically stick to the same foods daily because I am not a lover of cooking so I usually have: cottage cheese, warmed raspberries and chopped nuts for breakfast; 85%choc and cheese for mid morning snack (or sometimes an Atkins bar but then no cheese); chicken avocado salad (with Doritos if stil hungry) or omlette and salad or chicken fajitas if I am at home for lunch; then typically for dinner it'll be pizza to which I add frozen spinach and a rocket salad or lamb chops, spinach and small amount of mash potato or fish and mixed vegetables; then usually red wine and piece of cheese for supper.
I find that if I have a little protein everytime I eat, then it keeps me fuller for longer.
This week I am going to try and vary my diet a little - didn't realise how boring I was until I wrote it down!!!

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 11-08-2009 at 01:39 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Cosmic-thanks so much! Kim
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Ate too much today - oops.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #175
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Hi, does anyone have a copy of the pdf that was available? I don't see it on the website now?? You can PM me if necessary. It's my birthday today and I would like to think about some new options for my new year Thank you!
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Try this link:
http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/...llyfatcure.pdf
(Book out soon...)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #177
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Thank you!!!!
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Thought you may be interested in liquid flavored Stevia drops to put into 16 oz water. Good replacement for the individual powder packets with the "bad" sugar.

Liquid Stevia Flavors-Buy Wisdom
Old 11-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yogamom111
WOE: SBD
Start Date: October 13, 2011
Hi Everyone. I just pre-ordered Belly Fat Cure book. This WOE looks easier then most. I plan on reading through his e-book and starting on Monday.
yogamom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Yogamom - you'll love it! Particularly easy if you like savoury foods...
Good luck