Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pup View Post
Was going to start a few weeks ago and just couldn't do it. Read up on it a bit and started today. I feel like I ate too much, but ended up at 11/6 for the day. Even had a few sweet potato fries. I like that you can have some chocolate too. As for Clemmy's, haven't tried it yet because it costs $7.00 here!

I agree with previous posters about the cost of the program... Kind of a bummer, I guess I'll wait for the book.

Sounds like you are doing great - well done!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arjbar
WOE: Belly Fat Cure
Yellowhair, I totally agree with you. I really do believe this works but again, I'm not impressed with his sly marketing. Seriously, who can really afford that knowing the book is going to be out soon.

Kimad, I too have been eating w/o a plan and I need to be more organized. I've been throwing tuna cans, nuts, and cheese sticks from home in my work bag and heading out the door. Kinda playing it by ear and that's not good. I find that when I get home I'm way too hungry.

This plan works but is so difficult to plan things out. Kinda seems like the same stuff, or is this just me??

Thanks !
Arjbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Cosmic Girl

I bring the 3 oz. tuna cans, 1 Tbl. mayo and put it on a whole grain tortilla bread along with some cut up green or red peppers. Also egg salad sandwich along with the cut up veggies. Salad with cheese, sliced turkey and cut up egg, that's good too. I've also thrown in 1/4 cup to 1/2 beans into my salad.

For snack, it seems to be cheese sticks; nuts; 1/4 Fiber One cereal with some nuts thrown in; 1/2 pita with 1/2 cup avocado smashed on top.

I'm running out of ideas and getting a little bored with the food. So if anyone has any suggestions/ideas, I too would love to hear them.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pugers2
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I did join the BFC program but it has not started yet. On 10/15 a bunch of material is supposed to be mailed to us and then we start on 10/19 with the interactive stuff. We have until 10/25 midnight to cancel. I joined hoping for the accountability but the first week will have to really grab me to stay with it. There is a bit of the "sounds to good to be true" with this. I must admit I have cut back on sugar in my diet and amazingly the cravings went down 80%! My clothes fit looser. But 4 to 9 pounds per week, sounds unrealistic. I am looking forward to recipe ideas, food lists, individual support, etc.

I hope Jorge has this finally put together. We will see!
pugers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yellowhair11
Stats: R1-158/137 ldw R2 137/132/124
WOE: HCG injections 5'4''
Start Date: 2-25-12
Thats great you wer able to join ! I still cant figure it out for the most part. Yeah, 4 pounds plus would be fantastic per week but does sound pretty out there-maybe....if you are very heavy starting out.
yellowhair11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjbar View Post
Cosmic Girl

I bring the 3 oz. tuna cans, 1 Tbl. mayo and put it on a whole grain tortilla bread along with some cut up green or red peppers. Also egg salad sandwich along with the cut up veggies. Salad with cheese, sliced turkey and cut up egg, that's good too. I've also thrown in 1/4 cup to 1/2 beans into my salad.

For snack, it seems to be cheese sticks; nuts; 1/4 Fiber One cereal with some nuts thrown in; 1/2 pita with 1/2 cup avocado smashed on top.

I'm running out of ideas and getting a little bored with the food. So if anyone has any suggestions/ideas, I too would love to hear them.

Thanks.
Thanks Arjbar. I think adding beans to the salad and mixing up the protein is a good idea. I can never bring a sandwich to work as for some reason I always eat it by 10 o'clock! (No self control!) Can't get the Fiber One cereal here in UK so will have to look for something similar. Pitta / avo a good snack idea.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugers2 View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I did join the BFC program but it has not started yet. On 10/15 a bunch of material is supposed to be mailed to us and then we start on 10/19 with the interactive stuff. We have until 10/25 midnight to cancel. I joined hoping for the accountability but the first week will have to really grab me to stay with it. There is a bit of the "sounds to good to be true" with this. I must admit I have cut back on sugar in my diet and amazingly the cravings went down 80%! My clothes fit looser. But 4 to 9 pounds per week, sounds unrealistic. I am looking forward to recipe ideas, food lists, individual support, etc.

I hope Jorge has this finally put together. We will see!
Pugers2 that is so great that you joined the BFC prog! I am sort of regretting not joining now! I hope you will share sone of the recipies ideas with us. I think maybe Yellowhair is right about that much weight being more likely to come off if you begin heavier.
Please keep us updated. (I am so jealous!)
Old 10-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Did anyone see that he has reopenned the coaching course???
Old 10-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

I know go figure. Guess the "limited time offer" wasn't so limited after all.

I do love his concepts and I do believe he knows what he preaches about sugar/carbs but his marketing he needs to leave to the people who actually know how to market w/o looking so desperate.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjbar View Post
I know go figure. Guess the "limited time offer" wasn't so limited after all.

I do love his concepts and I do believe he knows what he preaches about sugar/carbs but his marketing he needs to leave to the people who actually know how to market w/o looking so desperate.
I agree with the marketing. It almost sounds like the bait and switch. Initially, you could pay approximately $400 upfront or split it into 3 payments for approximately $500, that's a 25% markup. Yesterday, I noted this was changed to 87 now with 5 more payments for a total of $522. Even more of a markup. (hope my math is correct) I have no problem with him helping us out to join and him making a little profit but that large of a markup seems wrong/greedy.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Pugers2

I totally agree with you......glad you did the math cuz I was thinking the same thing. Sounded like more of a mark up than a payment plan.

You're right, he needs to have a profit margin but I'm sure most of the 12 week fee is already a pretty darn good profit.

Well, we can certainly do this on our own and we can save tons by waiting a bit for the book.

I'm still finding it a little hard though to have a variety of foods. Fortunately, I love eggs, cheese, olives, avocados, peanut butter, and most of the stuff that's on the plan. But I need some more ideas on other foods.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Yep definitely not good with the marketing side of things but still love what his plan has done for my figure though!

Arjbar - I know what you mean about lack of variety. I am sticking to what I know is okay, which means I am basically eating exactly the same foods everyday!! Thank God for pizza!!!

Hope everyone is getting on well with the plan.
Despite the mark ups, was anyone tempted to join this time round????
Old 10-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #133
Junior LCF Member

How is Everyone today? CosmicGirl I would love to know what kind of pizzas you're making. I've only done the toasted pita with cheese, tomato and a few extras. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks!!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:55 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

I do sometimes make my own pizza but I usually use shop bought ones cos I'm lazy!!!!!! I like the small 'Dr Oetker' Mozerella or Pepperoni ones. They are smaller than the standard size but not as small as normal individual ones. I'll have half of a large one if I am sharing though. I always put a frozen parcel of spinach on top and I always have the pizza with rocket salad in vinegar (NOT Balsamic - loads of sugar!!) and olive oil dressing on the side.

PS for some reason frozen pizzas tend to have less sugar in than fresh ones...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tooncesmom
WOE: BFC
I've done the bacon pizza (using beef bacon, BTW) with whole wheat pita breads. They're about 6 inches in dia. and 2 carbs. I've been using Trader Joe's pizza sauce and their Quatro Formaggio grated cheese combo. For the rocket salad (arugula), I use lemon juice--squeeze about 1/2 lemon over top, also drizzle a wee bit of olive oil and dress it with Himalayan salt and pepper. I usually add 1/2 avocado (for two of us) cut in slices and a few cherry tomatoes from the garden. Really fast and good.
Tooncesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

More meal ideas

For those of you with access to Trader Joe's stores...

They have boxed two-portion servings of chicken and fish entrees in the cold case. The one I have in my freezer is Chicken Pomodoro which is 2 chicken breast servings with tomato sauce, basil pesto and a little cheese. 9 grams of carbs and 1 of sugars. These dishes aalso come in Chicken Gorgonzola, Chicken Serenata (sp?) and there's a salmon and a tilapia dish as well. We also frequently have the Salmon Roulette (yeah, I'd prefer it not be farmed Atlantic salmon, but...) Anyway this one's zero sugar and 6 carbs (remember the amount we can have is six 20 carb servings or 120 carbs total).

How I prepare this dish is to put the salmon rolls in a gratin dish, dot with butter and bake according to directions (15-20 min. at 350). Then I serve it on a bed of cooked spinach and top with a dollop of tarter sauce. Yum! Add a salad and some sugar snap peas or broccoli and you're good to go.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #137
Junior LCF Member

CosmicGirl and TooncesMom thank you for those ideas and suggestions. Seriously, any help is so appreciated. I just had my egg salad on 1/2 pita and one oz. cheese. Yummy but typical of what I've been eating. So, I'm trying to get a bit more creative here.

I haven't even checked out the frozen pizzas so that's another great option when I'm in a hurry and can't figure something out quickly.

TooncesMom those are great ideas. I do have access to a Trader Joes so looks like I need to puruse those aisles a little longer.

Thanks and please, keep them coming, I'm soooooooooooooooo open for suggestions :O)

Last edited by Arjbar; 10-18-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Update

Got the week one material by d/l off the web site. Nothing new that has not already been posted on the internet. Still blind. Most people were hoping for a shopping list or one week of menus but that did not happen. So I'm not feeling real secure about what is actually coming in the future. He needs to win my confidence now!!

How am I supposed to lose 4 pounds if I don't know what to shop for, etc.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Pugers2: Thank you for posting. I really, really would love it if you keep us informed about what you receive, especially if you decide it doesn't live up to expectations. I so wanted to join but feel the price is too much when I can get the book in 2 months. I did sign up with application for the First thingie where they choose 20 people to join for free. (Not that I'm expecting to be chosen, but it can't hurt to try.)

I would really like your opinion on whether it is worth it (I may be kicking myself for not taking the plunge, but darn it, I'm retired and on a rat's t*rd of a pension so have to watch my pennies.) And if you do get a really great recipe, perhaps you might share? You'll have a lot of grateful people here.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

TooncesMom YES, we all sure would be grateful.

The price just was way too much for us right now, unfortunately. As much as I would love to jump in and get started with more details I just can't.

I'm still having the hardest time putting together daily menus. Difficulty I've never had planning while on other eating plans. The shopping list would be wonderful. I feel a lot of us are kinda flying by the seat of our pants with this. Yes, we get the main concepts but when you put your menu together it looks like a lot of the exact same foods and some with a rather high fat content.

Again, we sure would appreciate any info you can pass our way. Some of us still feel so much in the dark with this.

MANY THANKS!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Hi again. I did d/l a 50 page version of the BFC a while ago. If you google it I'm sure you can find it. It is supposed to answer a lot of questions. I haven't read it in some time, just found it again. Look for version 3.

On the material I d/l this week, I am restricted from sharing it; copyright stuff.

I will check back after class today.

Last edited by pugers2; 10-19-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Well that was interesting. Class started late due to video stream I guess. Technically, it was a mess. It was like a garage band!!!! Got to give him credit for being "real". Need to absorb what I just heard.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

TooncesMom and CosmicGirl, please check your private message.

Last edited by pugers2; 10-20-2009 at 09:52 AM..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Absorb, then tell all! Can't wait to hear what was said..
Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Pugers2, I don't see any messages. Maybe I don't understand how the forum works, but you can email me at: sbarrett@cruzio.com

Tooncesmom in sunny Santa Cruz
Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
I'm very curious too! I really wanted to join, but the price was way out of my league! I can't wait for the book!!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yellowhair11
Stats: R1-158/137 ldw R2 137/132/124
WOE: HCG injections 5'4''
Start Date: 2-25-12
I am still confused aout the whole thing.....is the book out in December ??
yellowhair11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Book comes out 12/29.

The initial class was a bit frantic. They had to re-shoot it. Not much to add info-wise. He did the pizza recipe and the breakfast sandwich. Not much menu-wise this week. That may follow in the coming weeks.

I believe I got the basic concepts of his program though. Cutting down on sugar is not hard, it is those pesky CARBS!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugers2 View Post
Book comes out 12/29.

The initial class was a bit frantic. They had to re-shoot it. Not much to add info-wise. He did the pizza recipe and the breakfast sandwich. Not much menu-wise this week. That may follow in the coming weeks.

I believe I got the basic concepts of his program though. Cutting down on sugar is not hard, it is those pesky CARBS!
Hi
So were the recipies the ones we have seen already?
Did he say anything enlightening about carbs? (Are there any really bad carbs?)
Old 10-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Just want to share what I made for dinner tonight.

I made corn tortillas lightly fried (lightly in oil) then filled them with white chicken cut in chunks, along with avocado and tomato pieces with some chopped cilantro. Very tasty and the whole thing came out to be .5 sugar and 2 carb. The avocado is .5 sugar and 6 carb for 1/2 cup, the tortillas for two are 0 sugar and 16 carb. The tomato was such a little amount that I didn't count it.

I fried up two more for lunch tomorrow.

I'm still struggling with snack ideas. Before BFC I would grab a Fiber One bar and a yogurt, and a fruit and be set for my two snack per day but it's a big difficult trying to plan for snacks now.

Have a good night.