Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Think may be slightly over on S/Cs once I have eaten my dinner tonight... Will have to exercise to make up for it!
Keep going everyone!!!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 150/125
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Dec. 3, 2014
yeah-we are up to 4 pages!! Cosmic-some days may not be perfect. Now if only I could take my own advice. Feeling good today food wise-body image well now that is another story. Trying a zumba class tonight-trying to step out the box with exercise.

I realized today that the reason I have gained weight is no one elses fault but mine. I give myself passes to binge and then get mad at my body for not looking good. I need to take more responsibilty for my health. Me -no one else to blame!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZIGGY23
Just starting out with a friend of mine and I am doing all the research on it. Still trying to figure some things out but it sounds like keeping your sugar and carb intake down is working for a lot of people. Hope it does for us tired of being over weight doctor doesn't like it either.
ZIGGY23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

I'm wondering about snacks or finger foods that's what we like at our house not big on traditional meals.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Been very good today but have a night out drinking tonight so...
Ziggy - Nachos are a good snacky food that could work.
Good luck this weekend everyone!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supaflyy
Stats: 205/191/150
WOE: BFC
Start Date: august 2009
Hi all I will also begin this plan this a.m. I did atkins induction for 3 weeks and have been keeping carbs low-moderate since then lost 9lbs but have gained 2 back. I noticed that my pants are looser, but belly fat is stubborn. I discovered this forum when I googled carbs and belly fat. I am like ziggy prefer finger foods over the big meals. Good to know nachos and pizza are acceptable on this plan, two of my faves. I dont have a specific exercise plan or dvds, been doing the wii fit aerobics & strength training and starting the "lose 2 inches in 7 days" ab workout. When I am consistent with ab workout I usually lose at least an inch in 7 days, my problem is consistency. Anyway, thanks for all the great tips, advice and encouragement on here, good to hear others' stories.
Could someone provide clarification...I bought the genisoy sweet crisps (cinnamon) for a serving carbs=12g, sugar = 6g, protein=3g..on this plan this would be 6/1. is this correct 6 sugar/1 carb serving? and if this is correct, is this allowable or is this too muc sugar for a snack?

thanks

Last edited by supaflyy; 09-26-2009 at 12:25 AM..
supaflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone
Very hungover today How many S/Cs are in 5million vodka and diet cokes?! Good news is that I didn't have any chips etc on the way home!

Hi Supaflyy - yes that would fit in with BFC. It does use a lot of your daily sugar allowance but if you love it then go for it! The general rule is not to have more than 2 carb servings at any one time - which that snack doesn't. We don't count protein or anything else. Just S/Cs. It's hard to get your head around at first esp if you are used to other ways of dieting. I love this plan because it fits in with normal life. Once you build up a picture of what can be eaten it is so simple. Also you can still go out to dinner etc. Even though I have occasional lapses, I am still losing. Finally, even though you can eat pizza etc (and I do, often!) try also to include high fibre foods everyday. It's all about the balance! If it wasn't for my love of alcohol on a Friday night I would be a poster girl for this plan!!!

Kimmad - how was Zumba?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
The e-book isn't on his website anymore, does anyone have a copy they can email me? It will be hard to try to do this plan. Without reading up on it. I am so intruiged by this plan , it seems so liveable.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by KellBell1234; 09-26-2009 at 06:26 AM..
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

KellBell,
http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/...llyfatcure.pdf
This link still seems to contain the report...
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
KellBell,
http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/...llyfatcure.pdf
This link still seems to contain the report...
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:10 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Green and blacks chocolate in a 4" whole and white wrap, microwaved for 1 minute - heaven!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Cosmic -Hi! Never got to Zumba -kids had to be everywhere and my dh had to work late-he owns his own company and never stops! I will try again this week. I must say I have had a rough week-lots of emotional eating. I need to get a handle-how can I do sooo well one week and so crappy the next.

I need to re-group. Good Luck everyone -this is really a great plan.
Welcome Kellbell, Supaflyy and Ziggy
Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Didn't do so hot on the first weekend out on the BFC but been back at it since yesterday will have to take it one day at a time. CosmicGirl thanks for the tip on the Nachos our family loves munchie foods.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone
Mega busy week at work but, with the exception of a party on Friday night, I have stuck to plan.
Kimad sorry to hear about your rough week and the resulting emotional eating. We all go through it at times. But as you said to me, it's no biggie to lapse - forget it and move on. (Easier said than done sometimes, I grant you!!!)

I'd love to know what other people think about Jorge's 12 week plan he mentioned in this week's email...

Have a good Sunday everyone
Old 10-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGY23 View Post
Didn't do so hot on the first weekend out on the BFC but been back at it since yesterday will have to take it one day at a time. CosmicGirl thanks for the tip on the Nachos our family loves munchie foods.
Ziggy - fajitas work really well too as a snacky meal, if you adjust the ingredients of the fajita mix. I tend to use small (4inch?) wholewheat wraps as, aside from being low S/C, you can eat more of them and it makes me feel like I have eaten more. All in the mind I suppose!!

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 10-04-2009 at 04:55 AM..
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tooncesmom
Hi:

I'm new here. Have been getting Jorge's free emails for about a month and have watched most of the YouTube videos. I have the BFC report and have to agree, the info for counting carbs is a little fuzzy. Notwithstanding, I started in earnest last Tuesday and am hoping for success. I've done WW in the past, reached goal twice but backslid and now need to pare off 25 lbs that have attached themselves mostly to my belly (used to be a pear and am now an apple). I think age has a lot to do with it--I'm 68, but I don't choose to look my age, hence my interest in the BFC.

Jorge is opening his program to his email list tomorrow, but it sounds pretty pricey. I'm hoping to get the needed inspiration in this forum. Anyway, now that I've bored you all...
Tooncesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Tooncesmum
Good luck on this plan! It really does work IMO. (Make sure you get enough fibre!)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Anyone join his 12 week program? A liittle too much $$ for me at this time. I am all over with my eating-need to get cack on track. Kim
Old 10-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

12 Week Program

I really wanted to join, but for $397 I can get his book and do it myself and have a bunch of $$ left over. I'm on my second week of BFC and am down four pounds and 1 1/2 inches.

My favorite of the online recipes is the bacon pizza and arugula salad. (I don't eat pork but found some really good beef bacon.) Also, I can get Clemmy's ice cream here. Yum!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Tooncesmom-Wow you are doing great! I agree about the $ and waitng for the book. I am torn between his passion and his marketing I am so jealous you can get clemmy's. I am in Pa. and it is no where! Keep up the great work!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arjbar
WOE: Belly Fat Cure
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to posting but have been reading your posts and have been thoroughly enjoying your input as well as your humor!!!!

I have known of the BFC for some time but at that time the info was very sparce and his info was very vague. Just within the last month I've been able to gather enough info to put it all together.

So, I've been doing the BFC for approx 1 month now and I do have to say my clothes are fitting me a whole lot better, thank goodness. Haven't exactly seen any dramatic results on the scale but I have always believed that the scale doesn't always show the true picture and I don't weigh myself too frequently.

Kimad, if you don't mind me saying, I couldn't agree with you more when you said you're torn between his passion and his marketing. I do believe he's passionate about what he does but I find it rather ironic that he's "offering" us join his 12 week program as a special offer since his book isn't coming out for a few months yet. Just seems like a big market ploy. Would seem this has been his plan all along and that he's just trying to make this offer seem extra special. Kinda bothers me because those of us who truly want to improve our health will sometimes jump at an opportunity in an effort to further our committment. Jorge seems to be playing on this and that's not right.

With that said, I do have to say, I am learning a lot about eating this way. Never realized how much sugar I was eating w/o even knowing it. I just viewed sugar in their "snack, cake, etc." form. Never thought much about it even in the healthy foods I would consume daily.

Thanks for your stories and information. I have been enjoying them. Have a great day!
Arjbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Kimad: yes, Clemmy's is wonderful. I'm a purist so have only tried the vanilla bean, but it is awesome--a real quality ice cream. One of the advantages of living in Santa Cruz (besides the fantastic weather) is that we have an abundance of natural foods stores with lots of great selections. We also have a Trader Joe's and a Costco nearby. I have not found the Maltitol locally--may have to order that. But when I can get Clemmy's and great dark chocolate, the world will not end if I can't make the brownies.

I am wondering if we could have a sticky post just for some of the recipes we've tried. A lack of specifics seems to be the common complaint about Jorge's program. Perhaps we could remedy that with tried and tested recipes?

I've tried the bacon pizza, the rotisserie chicken taco with green sauce and the chocolate whey shake. All are good. (BTW, I don't eat pork so substituted beef bacon on the pizza).
Old 10-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi-anyone still doing this?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #114
pup
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pup
Really trying to start

Was going to start a few weeks ago and just couldn't do it. Read up on it a bit and started today. I feel like I ate too much, but ended up at 11/6 for the day. Even had a few sweet potato fries. I like that you can have some chocolate too. As for Clemmy's, haven't tried it yet because it costs $7.00 here!

I agree with previous posters about the cost of the program... Kind of a bummer, I guess I'll wait for the book.
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Clemmy's is $7. here as well, but that's for a quart and about the same price as two Haagen Dasz pints or Strauss or any other premium ice cream. (In another life I tried cheaper grocery store brands and I really can tell the difference. If the ice cream I eat isn't super great, I'd rather not bother.)
Old 10-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Starting again today-eating without a plan and that is not working at all. Starting tomorrow-thank goodness for tommorrow!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yellowhair11
Stats: R1-158/137 ldw R2 137/132/124
WOE: HCG injections 5'4''
Start Date: 2-25-12
i thought the price for the course was outrageous, he was like a teaser - ya know what i mean ?
yellowhair11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

The price of the course is pretty high - but I bet it'd be worth it in terms of keeping me accountable!!! I did not sign up, even though I was VERY tempted! Aside from the money issue, most of the products he usually mentions are not available in the UK so the recipies may not have been of very much use to me. I still wish I could have signe up though!!!

How's everyone getting on? I realised after watching Jorge's Q&A video that I may have been counting my carb servings wrong as he says at one point that 30g = 2 carb servings... I'm confused again!
I can't wait for the book!

Anyway, pizza in the oven and side salad prepared!
Good luck everyone! We can all do it - even without his coaching programme!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooncesmom View Post
Kimad: yes, Clemmy's is wonderful. I'm a purist so have only tried the vanilla bean, but it is awesome--a real quality ice cream. One of the advantages of living in Santa Cruz (besides the fantastic weather) is that we have an abundance of natural foods stores with lots of great selections. We also have a Trader Joe's and a Costco nearby. I have not found the Maltitol locally--may have to order that. But when I can get Clemmy's and great dark chocolate, the world will not end if I can't make the brownies.

I am wondering if we could have a sticky post just for some of the recipes we've tried. A lack of specifics seems to be the common complaint about Jorge's program. Perhaps we could remedy that with tried and tested recipes?

I've tried the bacon pizza, the rotisserie chicken taco with green sauce and the chocolate whey shake. All are good. (BTW, I don't eat pork so substituted beef bacon on the pizza).

Great idea! I am a pretty lazy cook though so I tend to buy ready made stuff (pizzas etc) although I have been having variations on nachos (using cheese doritos as these have less sugar than original doritos) and tortillas (using wholewheat wraps) but for lunches for work I have been taking chicken salads, Green and Blacks chocolate and also cheese for snacks. I'm not sure this is filling me up though so it'd be great to hear other people's lunch ideas to take to work.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Starting again today-eating without a plan and that is not working at all. Starting tomorrow-thank goodness for tommorrow!
Absolutely!