Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 150/125
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Dec. 3, 2014
Hi everyone! Just checking in! My son is still sick-strep. He is 12 but when he is sick he finds my bed to sleep with me-tired. Did well food wise yesterday and I will weigh in tomorrow as I started over last Wed. I am a slow loser so I am not expecting much. But the good news is that I have not binged in a week and had some real stress along the way-miracle. Going for a run today-only about three miles-still trying to keep my goal of five workouts-so far I have 1.
Take Care!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: janngir
Hello all! It has been a week and I have lost six pounds. (Keep in mind that I have a lot to lose so I will lose a lot at the beginning.) The exercise has been great and I am doing really well with the 15/6 ratio. I have even found a recipe for ice cream that I am going to try. I'll let you know how it turns out. If it's good I'll post it.
janngir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:50 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

janngir-hey that is great wow-six pounds!! Way to go!

I weighed in today and I lost three pounds in a week. I don't expect that every week as I am a slooooow loser. I am amazed at people who say they lost 9 lbs in one week. I really love this plan as I feel I can eat but still have to keep in control of my portions. I had three cookies (sf) yesterday as my snack and I was like -Ok that is one carb-done. But I know if I am really starving I can have a cheese stick or nuts or some other protein. I even had the baked cheetos the other day and stopped at one serving which is cray for me as i love salty.

Let me know about the icecream-can't find clemmy's in Pa! Also just a helpful hint -I am keeping a food log and I write everything down because some days I count remember what I ate and how much sugar/carbs. I think the book is suppossed to come with a planner-but we will be so skinny by then we wont need it

Have a great day! Kim
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Kim...I'm following you over here based on your recommendation! Thanks...I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some additional information about how much protein and fat one should have...or are you just supposed to go with your appetite? I couldn't figure much out from the web site, but I didn't have much time to search around. If anyone can chime in with some advice or tell me what you're doing that would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
gettingwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gettingwell-Hi! I hope this Woe is good for you-if not-don't give up on yourself. So far for me it has really helped with all the compulsive thoughts about eating. So far-i am always waiting-ya know! Yesterday I went for a run and got back @10:20 and I was starving. I have breakfast at 6:15 and needed something. So I had my string cheese a 0/0 Sugar /carb value. Still hungry-ready whip oh yeah out of the can 1/0-then still hungry had tortilla chips 19 carbs for 10 so 0/1-with salsa 2/0-then some sf cookies (4) 0/1. So I had used up 2 carbs and 3 sugar-I was at 3/2 for lunch.

In the past I would have said -oh boy binge-keep eating! But I was at 5/4 so far for the day. Five grams of sugar and four servings of carbs included was breakfast. I was full and went on with my day and at 4 had some almonds 0/0and dinner was a salad with veggies/feta/salad tortilla chip 2/2 -love these. 2 sugars for the dressing and 2 carbs for the salad toppers.

I am the poster child for Weight Watchers so i still try to count in my head but somehow the protein and the carbs balance out because of the limits on sugar. Sun. night I had steak and a salad for dinner and i ate until I was full. Jorge Criuse says to not counts calories/fat whaterver. I still try to be aware but I am not crazy about it. By the way WW never worked for and I never even got close to goal. Hope this helps -it is a learning curve but once you get it -you get it.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Kim, how many carbs constitute a serving? I know that it is between 5 and 20 for a max of 120, but I'm wondering about stuff like nuts, which have carbs but are mainly fat. How do you count those? It sounds from your example above like you are NOT counting them as a carb? Also, are the typical green veggies (the usual "freebies"...the ones that are 5 gm of carbs for 1/2 cup of cooked veggies) considered freebies on this plan?

So, I guess what I am asking is...are the carbs that we are supposed to count just the starchy carbs like bread, potatoes, chips, cereal, etc. or are we supposed to count ALL carbs? Does this question make sense? Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

gw-anything under 5 carbs you don't need to count (like nuts)
veggies-if I make a huge salad I count all the veggies as one carb
if I throw a little lettuce/tomat/ on a sand-no counting
I could be wrong but.... that is my understanding so far-hope this helps
Talk to you soon and I'll try to post some menus-crazy day
Kim
Old 09-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yellowhair11
Stats: R1-158/137 ldw R2 137/132/124
WOE: HCG injections 5'4''
Start Date: 2-25-12
I am still confused - is this diet a total of 15grams of sugar a Day and 6 carbs per Day ? I have his older books on hold at the library so i dont know if this will help, sounds like i need one of those counter books with sugar and carb listings-then i could hilite the foods.( that would be easier for me than looking it all up on the web. K- you are to be applauded with your exercise BTW-i tried the relacore and acai for belly fat in the past-waste of money for me. WW worked well for me initially. from 206 to 118 then back to 140, hopefully not more this Sat. ( thats when i weigh in ) - my new callanetics tapes arrived from Australia but have not had time to look at. I work full time and am so tired by the time i get home and make dinner, i cook for 3 others who are not on a diet.
yellowhair11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

YH-that is so awesome that ww worked so well for you-it is great for so many people. For me I wanted it to work in the worst way as I thought I would love to become a leader someday but I am such a compulsive overeater the points drove me crazy. It is funny even though you are not suppossed to count on this plan I still do it at the end of my day. (in my head)

the plan is-no more than 15 grams of sugar a day-count everything/creamer/breads/snck food/pickles/etc

the carb count is little trickier but easy-5-20grams of carbs =one carb serving
so if something has 14 carbs it is 1 carb serving
if it has 21 it counts as 2 carb servings
You get 6 servings of carbs per day

***Here is the tricky part-you cant just say eat at max 120 carbs a day-from my understanding the most you can combine is 2 carb servings-like my oatmeal is 27 so I count that as 2

I dont think you can have say french fries for 60 carbs and count it as three-I could be wrong but.... I only stay at 2 per meal/snack

Now with that said I can't remeber where I read that and I am sure if you had 3 carb servings to have a cheat it would not be that big of a deal.

Menu for today-
B-2 slices lo-carb toast (18c),pb, sf jelly (5c), coffee w/light cream 2/2
S-string cheese 0/0
L-wrap (18c), chicken/veggies/ranch dressing 2/2 I count the veggies as a carb because I use a lot
S-cocoa dusted almonds(1 serving) 1/0
D-turkey burger/big salad with tortilla salad toppers/vinegar & oil 2/2
S-one 6oz glass of wine 2/0
total for the day-9/6

yesterday I was at 15 for my sugar-everyday is different-hope this helps!
Kim
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Oh I forgot -his older books are different but good. The S/C ratio is what his new plan is based upon. He is all about getting the sugar out. If you google the Belly Fat Cure you get to his site and there is some good info. and success stories. I believe the book is already printed but I am sure for marketing purposes it is not coming out until December.
Have a good one!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Kim, thanks for all the information! I'm going to try to incorporate some of this...I've got some calculating to do, because I saw my doctor yesterday and she wants me to do something a little different with my food...I can work this in, but I need to spend some time figuring it all out. She wants me to eat several meals a day with defined calorie counts for each meal...so I don't see why i couldn't just plug in my starches and work this into what she wants me to do...I think it will work. I'm just rambling here! I'm certainly going to play around with it and TRY...thanks so much for leading me here. It may take me a few days of tweaking to get some things worked out to what she wants and how this plan works, but I think I can work it out...by the way, hope your son is doing better!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you K for that explanation, i was thinking 15/6 for the day and was thinking what the heck can you eat
Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Good morning-Boy what a busy week-TGIF-not that the weekends are any less-busy kiddos. So far so good as I am realizing that I can have most of the food I like on this plan and not be hungry. I made chicken cutlets last night and at first I thought -oh I will need to grill a piece for me without all the good stuff. But when I looked at the box it was 20 carbs and 2 sugars for 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs so I ate one piece-no guilt and counted it as 2/1. In the past i would have been so stressed about blowing it or calories or whatever. I actually found potato chips at my local health store and they were 17 carbs-no sugar. Of course it is only like 15 chips but I can have it if I want.
Most of the time I eat the veggies/protein/fiber but every once in a while you have to live and this is what this plan does for me. So tonight maybe as a little treat I will have chips and a a nice glass of merlot-are we on a diet???

I am still trying to meet my weekly goal of 5 cardio workouts-today will be 4 and then one again tomorrow. Hope eveyone is doing well-check in later! Kim
Old 09-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Janngir and Kimad - congratulations on losing!
Yellowhair - when you finally get a chance, let me know how those Callan DVDs are. I think I am def gonna order CardioC this week as they keep saying loads of great things about it on the Callanetics thread.

Re more than 2 carb servings per sitting: I think I read (where??!) that you should aim to stick to 2C per meal but I can't imagine that going over occasionally will be much of a problem. After all you'll probably still be eating less sugar than you ever used to...

Been ultra busy at work this week, but still managed to stay more or less on plan. Stomach is almost dead flat every morning which is great. (Shame it doesn't stay that way all day! YET!)
Is anyone else subscribed to Jorge's email notifications? He basically sends links to new videos re BFC. Today's were about sugar causing wrinkles. Very timely for me as I have been noticing how much better my skin is, particularly on my face (used to be so dry that it peeled, esp on cheeks.) Since following the BFC the peeling has stopped. Completely. I'm not sure whether I look any younger yet, but here's hoping!
Good luck with the weekend everyone (weekend always harder for me) and keep up the good work

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 09-18-2009 at 02:39 PM..
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Good morning-Boy what a busy week-TGIF-not that the weekends are any less-busy kiddos. So far so good as I am realizing that I can have most of the food I like on this plan and not be hungry. I made chicken cutlets last night and at first I thought -oh I will need to grill a piece for me without all the good stuff. But when I looked at the box it was 20 carbs and 2 sugars for 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs so I ate one piece-no guilt and counted it as 2/1. In the past i would have been so stressed about blowing it or calories or whatever. I actually found potato chips at my local health store and they were 17 carbs-no sugar. Of course it is only like 15 chips but I can have it if I want.
Most of the time I eat the veggies/protein/fiber but every once in a while you have to live and this is what this plan does for me. So tonight maybe as a little treat I will have chips and a a nice glass of merlot-are we on a diet???
This is what I love about this plan!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:40 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Too funny about the breadcrumbs, i have been on alot of diets and use to freak out about breadcrumbs but if you think about it has to be less than a teaspoon. Have you heard anything about the South African tapes on the board, ill have to look over there but i am busy too. I get the jorge newsletter but did not watch the skin one yet, and i do have wrinkles.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Cosmic-Sounds like you are doing well. I got up this morning and I am up a lb. I ran yesterday and did not go overboard with the food. I was really expecting a loss and then...ouch! I need to only weigh once a week. Maybe that will be next weeks goal. I did workout 4/5 so today I will get in my last one. I already gave up the coke zero and switched to zevia. I have to say the taste is a bit funky-not bad-just different. And they are expensive. Maybe I will stick to water.

That is great news about your skin. It means that good things are happening to your insides. I think the good thing about this plan is that is is so adaptable even when we are crazy busy.

Yellowhair-I know little baby breadcrumbs right? the thing is to have one piece!

Well off to lacrosse for my son and my daughter's track meet later. Also need to get my mums in -here in Pa. it really feels like Fall!
Have a great one-and oh for the record I will not freak out about 1lb-this Woe is too good to sabotage!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:20 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Yes I do get the e-mails from jorge -the one on wrinkles was a bit fuzzy. He has a lot of good infor to share-i wish he would share the darn book
Old 09-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Oh dear I have not done very well today
Nephew's birthday party at McDonalds and now Ive lost count of the SCs! However, I am not going to give up (like I would have with other diets) instead gonna have a healthy salad for my dinner tonight and continue as normal tomorrow. I do feel very guilty though - damn Ronald McDonld!!
Kimad is it possible the lb gain is due to increased exercise? I read somewhere (and again I have no idea where!!!) that when you increase exercise you retain water and can initially gain weight. And of course there's the whole muscle weighs more than fat argument. Well done for not throwing the towel in! Also, you're right about Jorge being slightly vague... about everything. Mind you has been good for me to take control of my own eating (not today!) rather than stick rigidly to a prescribed list from someone. I won't need to buy his book when it FINALLY comes out, but I probably still will.
Yellowhair no they haven't mentioned the SA ones as they tend to stick to Callan endorsed ones. I imagine they are all similar. Have not done any Callanetics all week and starting to feel all wibbly again! If I'd left it this long when I wasn't on the BFC I'd have really noticed a difference.
Apparently wrinkles are reversable. Ummmmmmm... fingers crossed!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

No biggie-just keep going!!! We all stumble but we can all get up and keep going I swear they put some kind of potion in the air at McD's!!!

Great job on doing the next right thing with the salad! New day tomorrow! Kim
Old 09-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Toche
Question on Carb Count

I saw Jorge on Tyra last week and I am so excited about starting and so encouraged from reading the many posts. I do have one question that I'm hoping someone can answer. Are you subtracting the fiber from the carb count to come up with net carbs or is it just the straight carb count? Thanks for the help and everyone keep up the good work. Shortly...hopefully, I will be able to post some exciting weight loss news.
Toche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #82
pup
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pup
I just found this online last night and tried to start today (thanks for posting the info!). So far, so good I think. I'm going to try not to weigh myself for at least 3 days to see how it goes. I can't wait for the book to come out and signed up for the emails from Jorge. Do you think the 12 week program he's promoting will cost a lot?
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Toche and Pup-welcome -glad to see the group is growing!
Toche-the carbs are straight carb counts-5-20=1 carb serving

pup-good idea on the not weighing-I have been up and down the last couple days and it drives me crazy! I weigh in on Wed. and I am going to weigh only twice this week.

Good morning! My goals this week are -4 days of cardio/no coke zero/only weighing 2X
I did my 5 days of cardio last week but it was hard to get it in-4 seems more doable

I did well with eating this weekend but the scale won't budge. But the good news is no binges and I feel much calmer about food. I ate an early lunch yesterday bucause I was just hungry and then did not eat until 6:30 last night. I usually panic and then blow it but i still had my s/c values for the day so I was good to go. I am really finding that all the hidden sugars I used to consume really set off cravings. My yogurt, skim milk, all the fruit I used to eat-oh my! I do miss my cereal but one bowl of Kashi was more than 20 grams of sugar -w/ the milk.

I did get the dark chocolate Jorge mentioned-I believe it is organic-85%. It is 3/1 for six squares. It is bitter but it takes a while to eat and helped with just wanting someting after a meal.

Well gotta run and start the day-hope everyone has a great day! Kim
Old 09-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Well I have been really, really good today after the McDonalds mishap of Saturday. Not going anywhere near that place for a while and I am also thinking up excuses to avoidd a work drinking session this Friday night- I can never stop at one if I am out!
My goals this week (great idea Kimad!!)
- Add more vegetables
- Exercise daily (with one rest day)
- Try not to drink Coke Zero (This will be hard!)

Kimad - well done for not binging. It seems this plan is really good for you. A girl I used to work with once told me that it takes three days for a food pattern (binging or dieting) to show on the scales. I have no idea if that is true or not though! (BTW Think your dead right about the potion in the air at McD's!!)

Pup and Toche Good luck with this plan. It really is worth it IMO.
Not sure about how necessary the 12 week programme will be once you get your head round the concepts of this plan. I suppose it is good if you feel you need extra support... I'm hoping to be able to get all of the info from his book - when it finally comes out!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Very proud of myself today - someone at work gave me a bar of my favourite chocolate and I promptly passed it on to someone else. Didn't even feel that sad about doing it!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
Hi there! Can I join in? This sounds very interesting. Can't wait for the book! Off to read as much as I can!! Thanks!

Kelli
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Just checking in as this week is crazy and I have little time. I fell off plan on Monday but am back on track. I like the fact that when I did go off it was not hard to get back on plan. Why do I use stress to sabotage myself??

Cosmic-glad to see you are in the zone and feeling good!
Kellbell-welcome! just read as much as you can find and it all comes together!

Have a great day! KIm
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone
Another great day for me. Biscuits at a department meeting tonight but I was armed with my Doritos, so wasn't tempted!
KellBell you'll love this plan. Not an expert but have read up as much as I can on the BFC, so any questions please ask.
Kimmad -Everyone uses stress to sabotage themselves! It's the coming back that counts.
The Coke-Zero-giving-up plan is not quite working yet... I will get there one day!
Hope everyone else doing well
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
Thanks for the welcome! I checked out the website and watched the videos, have a bit of an idea how the plan works, but still not sure on a few things. It does seem very liveable. I can't wait for the book!!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:40 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! i must admit I have been a bit off lately. I had a rough couple days with TOM and fell off plan-not bad but I need to focus. I get on the scale everyday and I was up-then down. And I saw a friend who is on Weight Watchers and she looks good so I began the doubting process. I thought -I must be eating too much-I should do ww along w/ the BFC and so on... Well long story short I started counting points and not S/C and had a mini binge.

What part of me does not remember the million times I fell off the WW wagon due to hunger, too much sugar and using points for processed/yucky foods? I know this is not the ww plan but that is how I use it-not good.

I felt so good last week just doing the BFC and then bam-oK SO TODAY IS A NEW START. i will also only weigh myself once week. On a good note I have been excercising daily and cut out my wine in the evenings (just 1 but...)

This plan is great -I know I am where I am suppossed to be and I will not give up! I am committed to 8 weeks with no other plans involved. This takes me to my husbands 25th reunion. Just a goal for now-then I will see where I am. Thanks for listening to me rant-have a great day! Kim