Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #571
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: samjales
Starting Fast Track tomorrow

So I have decided to start Belly Fat Cure Fast Track tomorrow. I spent the weekend at my daughter's and ate way too much of all the wrong things so I have decided to do FT for 14 days and then maybe stay with FT or go to BFC. Anyone else currently doing Fast Track?
samjales is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Saw your post...How is it going? I am thinking of trying FT myself...
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #573
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyn View Post
with how much we know about the damage sugar can do to our bodies, I would never do a diet that purposely told you to eat it. JMO. Good luck
fruits have sugars.....would think that is more the definition of sugars.............
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone left on Belly Fat Cure....?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fleur
WOE: one toe into starting JUDD
Start Date: 1/18/2012
Hi, Kerri. I have been doing the belly fat cure for a few months now (sorry I don't have stats because I am not weighing. The fit of my clothes reveals slow progress. I find it so easy to do that I see myself keeping it as a WOE). I haven't been posting on this thread, because nothing has been happening here! I've been getting some great support elsewhere on the site, though.
fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 AM   #576
Big Yapper!!!!

I am going to go back over posts here, and check into this. Slow is okay with me, as long as there are gradual results. It took me 30 years to put this weight on, so it can take some time to get it off, as long as it works.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 AM   #577
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
Anyone left on Belly Fat Cure....?
i'm still subscribed.

does anyone have the quick meals book?
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

I have not ordered the book yet...I started back on BFC today..Started on fast track..There are some good recipes in this book..I have gained back so much so I thought I had better start out on fast track...I know the withdrawal from sugar will be hard after this last month of eating....
Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/157/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Hi Everyone

I have been reading about BFC on and off for quite some time. I've picked up a couple of the books (but not the newest one). I have to admit I never paid that much to sugar before! So I think I'm going to give it a shot - why not??
SpikersMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #580
Big Yapper!!!!

I feel much better already.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

I had a headache or two during the first few days, but didn't feel deprived as far as the food that is allowed went. I found that drinking some deacaf green tea was a help with the headache. Good luck to everyone just starting.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jouette
Stats: goal: to lose 20-25lbs
WOE: trying 5:2 fast diet
Start Date: 4.8.13
i've been reading up on this woe & watching videos & reading blogs ... it looks like a pretty easy to follow plan for life. i lost all of my extra weight on basic atkins - yay! - but the holidays totally took a toll on the low-carb eating, lol. SO - i thought i'd try the BFC, since it's a tad more flexible than atkins and Jorge's kinda cute too
jouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Jouette, if you like looking at Jorge, google his program. You'll find a way to subscribe to his videos. He is featured showing recipes. You'll be able to feast your eyes on the food and on the tall dark and handome guy.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

I love watching his videos..They are all great..I also follow him on Face Book.
I have all his books, I am a fan for sure..I just love him but its hard to think of him as a gay guy when you want to feel attracted...OH well he is still cute as can be...
Old 01-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steelslady
Stats: 292/283/180
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 10, 2010 restart May 6, 2012
Quote:
I love watching his videos..They are all great..I also follow him on Face Book.
I have all his books, I am a fan for sure..I just love him but its hard to think of him as a gay guy when you want to feel attracted...OH well he is still cute as can be...
What happened to his wife Heather and two sons that he proudly shows off in his book?

I don't care if someone is gay, but he was married with kids when TBFC book came out.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Yes, people sometimes get married, have children, and then for a variety of reasons seperate.

Objectively, I think Jorge is a fairly attractive guy, but I wouldn't go crazy over him. I like a tall, dark, brainy guy- more the Daniel Day Lewis type. Watching Jorge's videos, I'm a bit put off by the way he tries to present himself as a celebrity chef. I don't beleve he has the culinary training to call himself a chef.

In regard to his WOE, how is everybody doing with it?

I've just made a decision to leave it behind. For me, if a WOE causes constipation, as the LC diets do, that's a red flag. It may be possible to be healthy without eating fruits, but I began to feel that I was missing out on all of the vitamins, enzymes and fiber I'd get from eating a wide variety of them. I've decided to go back to the Fit For Life WOE that I was very successful with when a holistic nutritionist recommended it to me years ago (too bad I didn't stick with it!).

I'm interested in hearing about other people's journeys.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

fleur, I have the opposite problem..Every-time i go full LC I spend my life in the bathroom with diarrhea..Must be the fat thing...I liked this plan because its not full LC. BFC has a lot more carbs in it...The problem with all of us who are over weight is we love the grains and that the bad stuff....the processed foods etc..If we could just eat real and fresh only we would be thin...Organic grass fed etc...how can you lose weight with the food they sell today...
Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Kerri,

I agree that the BFC is easy to stick with. I don't think I could ever manage full on Atkins. One thing that I don't think is a good idea with BFC are some of the foods he recommends as "belly good" which contain malitol or white flour (even though the general guidlines for the plan say to eat only whole grains).

I'm talking about the cheeze-its crackers and the josephs sugar free cookies. I already knew that white flour was not a good thing, but hey those foods were "on plan", so I decided to give them a go (like I thought I knew red meat and sour cream were not healthy and suspended that belief in order to give the plan a try). People on the challenge thread that I've been on recently got a good laugh over my mention of the cheeze-its. When I was hardly eating anything and gaining weight like mad because I was stressed and depressed about a career direction I was trying to force myself into, I wouldn't have thought of touching them. Life can be tough!

You can do BFC and eat more cleanly, of course.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #589
Big Yapper!!!!

is there any place on line to get details, or do I have to find the books?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

If you read the reviews of the book on the Amazon website, you'll learn what you need to know (there are very few things to know in order to follow the plan). I started by doing that and buying his guide to the carb/sugar counts, but those are available elsewhere, of course. Labels on food packages will give you all of the information for packaged foods. Most of what is in the BFC book are recipes and comparisons of foods as being either "belly good" or "belly bad". There is an abbreviated carb/sugar count list at the end. Oh, and some before and after pics/ stats on people who have used the plan. They have the book at Barnes and Noble and you can flip through it before you decide to buy or not. There is a newer book that is the fast track version, but I'm not familiar with it.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleur View Post
If you read the reviews of the book on the Amazon website, you'll learn what you need to know (there are very few things to know in order to follow the plan). I started by doing that and buying his guide to the carb/sugar counts, but those are available elsewhere, of course. Labels on food packages will give you all of the information for packaged foods. Most of what is in the BFC book are recipes and comparisons of foods as being either "belly good" or "belly bad". There is an abbreviated carb/sugar count list at the end. Oh, and some before and after pics/ stats on people who have used the plan. They have the book at Barnes and Noble and you can flip through it before you decide to buy or not. There is a newer book that is the fast track version, but I'm not familiar with it.
oing to go with 2 weeks and see what I think when done.
Start counting tomorrow, because already blew today.......family Sunday.....
Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #592
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleur View Post
I will check local library
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikersMom View Post
Hi Everyone

I have been reading about BFC on and off for quite some time. I've picked up a couple of the books (but not the newest one). I have to admit I never paid that much to sugar before! So I think I'm going to give it a shot - why not??
Have you gotten starter yet?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Did you all see Jorge on The Kelly show this morning..Great segment...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #595
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Did you all see Jorge on The Kelly show this morning..Great segment...
Missed it...don't even know what the Kelly show is......
Old 01-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jouette
Stats: goal: to lose 20-25lbs
WOE: trying 5:2 fast diet
Start Date: 4.8.13
Quote:
The problem with all of us who are over weight is we love the grains and that the bad stuff....the processed foods etc..If we could just eat real and fresh only we would be thin...Organic grass fed etc...how can you lose weight with the food they sell today...
couldn't agree more, lol! i've been doing a lot of searching for whole fresh organic grass-fed, etc. foods. my body honestly feels best eating as clean as possible. the BFC is easy because i just keep the sugar/carb ratio as a "general guide". i do like to eat fresh fruits/berries too, so i do! i also eat stuff like the Uncle Sam cereal with lots of fiber, or oatmeal with berries & nuts.

so ... my favorite plan is one based on what works best for my body - i think that's what we are all really looking for in the long run, lol. we all just need to feel our way & low(er) carb & fresh foods seem to be it for me right now.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Hi Guys

Sorry - I've been out of pocket for a while - one of my siblings died last weekend so I've been traveling. I'm just now getting my routines back in place. I did some shopping yesterday and have been trying to follow the BFC guidelines since then. I believe this plan would not be difficult to follow and I'm already used to the lLC part, so here we go! Today I'm making some pork chops for dinner with cauliflower disguised as mashed potatoes and roasted green beans.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

So very sorry for your loss......
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kerri - I just can't believe he's gone. He was a really great guy.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

so I'm following BFC pretty well the last couple of days. I won't weigh until Sunday but I can tell my clothes are not as tight. And I'll take it guys!! I think this plan is pretty simple, but you have to be prepared food wise. Not sure I'm prepared for the whole week, but I'm working on it! How is everyone else doing?