Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pelepup
Stats: 174/170
WOE: belly fat cure
Start Date: 9/11/2009
What are you eating? Is there a list of good foods or things that should be included?
pelepup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Hi! I am just getting info off this site and his e-book and reading other sites. There is definitely a learning curve. All in all you only eat 15 grams of sugar per day and have 6 servings of carbs per day. Each carb serving is 5-20 grams of carbs so that keeps the servings in tact. I think you can only have 2 carb servings combined-like 2-1/4 cups of fiber one, once a day. Hope this helps-check in soon. Had a good first day yesterday!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Just to add to Kimad's post, Jorge suggests that these carbs should be high fibre where possible. He is big on fibre! (And um, "elimination").
Everyone should do this - you can have pizza and wine! (These are usually my diet downfalls.)
Remember: eat no more than 15 GRAMS of sugar a day - including in fruit. A peach is quite low but still has 9 grams. In addition have 6 SERVINGS of carbs a day. A serving is anything between 5-20grams of total carbs (less than 5 grams of total carbs, i.e. in lettuce, you count as zero.) So, if a something has 3 grams of sugar and 40 grams of carbs you would record it as 3/2. If your serving is over 20grams (even if it is only a couple of grams over) you must record it as two servings.
Finally Jorge strongly suggests that you stay away from artificial sweetners and go for Stevia or Xylitol sweeteners instead. Stevia is more popular now and Pepsi and Coke (I think it's them anyway) have got their own brands of this sweetner; Truvia and PureVia (or something similar!) so they should be easier to get hold of. Not used in their soft drinks yet although there is a soft drink called Zevia that uses Stevia.
Hope that all makes sense!
Low fat versions of stuff always have extra sugar (I was quite shocked at how much) so avoid like the plague.
Good luck!

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 08-19-2009 at 07:16 AM..
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

CosmicGirl-thanks for all the info. I was having trouble getting in all 6 carb servings but now I know I can have my arnold'd sand thins (21c) and count them as 2. Great with burgers/sand. etc. I also do the La Totilla Factory lo-carb wraps-18 carbs and 12 grams fiber-1 sugar. I am only on day 2 but this plan seems doable. I need to find a way to get in my fruits. I really hope this works as I have had the summer from heck with all the plans I have tried. Love my wine as well! Kim
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #35
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
Gosh I just can't figure out how or what is calculated in this diet? Does someone have the easiest summary of this diet?
DiSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone-I will post my menu to try and help-
B-1/2 arnold's sand. thin/1tsp pb/1tsp sugar free jelly/coffee w/light cream s/c= 3/1
S-cheese stick 0/0
L-whole wheat tortilla with turkey/cheese/veggies/ranch 2/1
S-dark choc-3/1
d-turkey burger/asparagus/red wine 1/0
I think this is ok -my numbers may be off a bit
Old 08-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

oops-the asparagus counts as a carb-0/1
Old 08-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Just trying to keep this thread going. I am really enjoying this WOE. Today I bought the baked cheetos and had 2 carb servings which was also 2 sugars and the whole time I am thinking-I am totally cheating. The great thing is I was not cheating. I am pretty full from 2 servings and now look forward to some protein and veggies for dinner. I hope eating this way will lead to weight loss and some peace around food Kim
Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Just quickly checking in. Wanted to share that not only is my belly fat shrinking but my supermarket bill is too! Soooo great. My jeans feel very loose today and I feel full of energy.
Kimad - sounds like you are doing really well
Old 08-22-2009, 04:36 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Cosmicgirt-Hi! So far so good. I felt like all I did was eat yesterday but my numbers were 12/6. I got on the scale this am and was down .5 from yesterday. I ate healthy but did have the cheetos and sugar free cookies that count as 0/1. It was the perfect little late night snack. This is the first in my million years of dieting that I feel like I am not on a diet. I will officially weigh in on Fridays so I have another week to go before i can post some results-hopefully good ones. Have a great day1
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning-Well i am up today-1lb. as I had a little too much wine at our pool party yesterday. Food was good so I plan on doing lots of water today and a good workout. I tried on a dress yesterday that used to be big on me-now it is tight. I quess that is what 10 pounds can do for you. I am only 5'1/2 so that is a lot for me. I am glad summer is almost over as we use the pool and beach as excuses to indulge a bit. I hate the Fall and winter but need to use this time to get fit for next year!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Hi
been sooo busy so haven't had time to post but still going strong on the belly fat cure. I have bought some Benefiber to help my intake of fibre (which is still too low). This woe is generally working really well though and my clothes are def loser. The bad news is that I have been getting my chocolate fix using the Atkins bars (1/1 per bar) which have all sorts of artificial sweetners in that Jorge definitely would not approve of...
Kimmad - I understand the wine temptation! I think that red wine seems to have less sugar in than white wine (although I do love white wine). I read somewhere that for a white wine to be classified as dry it can only have up to 5g of sugar in per litre. So I suppose it follows that medium (my favourite) would have about 10g and sweet alot more. I have two parties this weekend so I already know I will go over on my sugar...
Keep up the good work
Oh yeah, found a weight watchers frozen meal (salmon and brocolli wedge melt) that is yummy and not too bad if you are rushing: 1.2g sugar and 34.1g carbs. Unfortunately no Clemmy's ice cream in the UK
Old 09-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone-I saw this book is coming out on December 28, 2009 I wish it was sooner but I am officially starting over today. This is the most doable plan out there for me. I just got a bit crazy at the end of the summer while the kids were home. I am going to re-group as I have a good 15-20 lbs to lose. God when did that happen? It used to be 5-10lbs. Well off to plan today as I forget what I did before. I want to be the one who has already lost when the book comes out.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: janngir
I have just joined this group, and I am going to be starting with what I know about The Belly Fat Cure on September 18, 2009. My husband and I found Jorge Cruise's book Eight Minutes In The Morning at the library and started the exercise routine this week. So far, I am very satisfied. I am disabled and the work out is perfect for me. Since I liked this book so much, I did some research online about Jorge Cruise's up coming eating plan. I am very excited to start and your site has helped me to understand it a little better. I will keep you posted with our progress once we get started. My husband and I have about one hundred and fifty pounds to lose, so this should be interesting. If anybody has any yummy veggie recipes I would love to have them. My hubby hates veggies!
janngir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

janngir-good luck with the plan and just keep reading. It will become easy after a few days. There is an e-book that explains the plan but a bit vague. As I mentioned before there is a book coming out in Dec. Here is a sample menu from yesterday. Sugars need to be no more than 15 grams and carbs at 6 servings per day. Each carb serving has to be between 5-20 to count as one.S/C
B-pb& sugar free jelly on arnold's thin wheat bread & coffe-1/2
L-oatmeal w/ walnuts-1/2
S-rice crisp things with string cheese-0/1
D-wrap with pizza toppings-1/1
wine-2/0

daily total-5/6 my sugars are low but not usually get them all in
Old 09-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
May I join?

I am going to start this plan today. It doesn't seem too complicated, and that is exactly what I need. I want to lose 10# and get rid of this belly bulge!
So far today, I have had coffee w/hwc - 0/0.
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck-If this works I will be so happy-never feel deprived like other diets. I really feel like this is a lifestyle change. I just stop at the allotment for the carbs and go -oh no more! On other plans I just give in-hope it last!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone and good luck to those just starting out.
This really is the best woe for me. I have been following this plan for a few weeks now (with a couple of alcohol induced lapses) and it really is working slowly but surely. I have never been vastly overweight but, even at my slimmest, I have always had to cover my stomach up. No longer! The best thing is I feel like I'm eating normally. There are loads of people where I work that always try and ruin other people's diet plans (I don't know why) but with this one no-one can really tell you are on a diet. The other good thing for me is being more in tune with my body. I am in my early thirties now and until this plan I have NEVER been regular (for want of a better word). How crazy is that? And what has that been doing to my body? I was addicted to sugar and had no idea.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janngir View Post
I have just joined this group, and I am going to be starting with what I know about The Belly Fat Cure on September 18, 2009. My husband and I found Jorge Cruise's book Eight Minutes In The Morning at the library and started the exercise routine this week. So far, I am very satisfied. I am disabled and the work out is perfect for me. Since I liked this book so much, I did some research online about Jorge Cruise's up coming eating plan. I am very excited to start and your site has helped me to understand it a little better. I will keep you posted with our progress once we get started. My husband and I have about one hundred and fifty pounds to lose, so this should be interesting. If anybody has any yummy veggie recipes I would love to have them. My hubby hates veggies!
Please keep us updated with this. I would love a shorter exercise routine. I currently do Callanetics which is amazing. However it is an hour's commitment so I only do it once or twice a week and I'd love to exercise a bit more.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yellowhair11
Stats: R1-158/137 ldw R2 137/132/124
WOE: HCG injections 5'4''
Start Date: 2-25-12
Hello all,
Confused- are you saying that you can have 16G of sugar per day and 6 carbs per day total ? Looks like fruit will be a no no. I lost alot of weight on WW mainly, now have gained back 22 pounds all in my belly. I need something new for this belly, even when i got down to 118 i had a belly. So if i get his other books from the library will that explain this new plan ? I love Callanetics also and just ordered the new South African dvds ( Cosmic ) - i have a bad back and im 57 yrs. old. The pic here is an older one when i was way down on the weight, dont have a new fat pic and dont want one
yellowhair11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

yellowhair11-Welcome! Unfortunately the book is not coming out until Dec. You can dowmload the belly fat cure for free-it is a precursor to the book. There is a link on the previous page. As for fruit you can have it you just have to make the choice to have berries over a banana-high in sugar. Fruit is hard because there is no label but you can look up the nutritional value and see how much sugar and carbs are in what fruit you want. It is reallly a matter of where you want to spend your sugar allotment for the day.

As cosmic-I am losing slowly but surely and I am really satisfied with the choices. I think I was eating a lot of hidden sugar and thought I was being healthy. I have a good 15 pounds to lose to get to my first goal which is 120. I would love to be 110-115 by next summer but I have not been under 120 in years-we will see. I am now at 136-for me at 5'1 that is an uncomfortable weight.
Have a great day -everyone-glad to see this thread picked up!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Yellowhair have you been on the Callanetics thread over on the exercise board? It is excellent. I've had loads of tips from there.
Yes it is only 15g of sugar a day - I do go over this sometimes (up to 20g) but I am still losing. The reason I sometimes go over is because I like to add warmed up raspberries to my cottage cheese for breakfast in the morning. This is the only breakfast that fills me up (aside from an English fry up!) so I'm reluctant to change it. I did used to eat LOADS of fruit without ever realising how much sugar (esp bananas) was present. May as well have just eaten choc bars!
Kimad I'm really impressed that you were under the 15g! Pleased you're still losing, think it is probably better to lose slowly like we are rather than keep going up and down with quick fixes.
Joannew - this is the plan for you.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I went from 206 to 118 but now back up to 140. The big loss i had was due to eating only fruit up till noon ( alot of it ) salad for lunch mainly with a sl.of cheese , meat and veggies for dinner and snacks. Kind of like the fit for life diet if you guys ever heard of that one but mostly WW. Now i seem to be in a stuck mode, hence considering this, may need something different and the feakin weight is all in my belly, im 5'3" and 140 now but look like a pregnant dumpy I work full time and have alot of stress in my life, i tried the relacore for belly fat, acai, did not do a thing for me. I have to be careful with exercise but im going to try and get in the pool more and do a few callanetics. Ive seen the callanetics board, i have all the old original dvds from ages ago. I ordered the south african ones ( 2 mini workouts)from a tracy i believe, awaiting those. Where do you gals live, im in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. What callan tapes do you have ? I make a fiber potion mon thru fri for fat flushing, you will definately go to the bathroom daily
Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

You will definitely have to share your fibre potion recipie then!
I have the original 10 Years Younger in 10 hours tape and I recently bought SuperCallanetics, which is very hard! I will probably try Cardio Callanetics as it is supposed to be good for toning legs, but it is hard to get hold of here in the UK. I haven't heard of the South African ones but might look them up.
Please try the Bellyfat cure as it really is working for me and I've only been doing it a few weeks and I am seeing my 'muffin top' disappear!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! I did well yesterday but got all my sugars and carbs in. When and if I get in the 120's I may drop my carbs down to five-kinda like you lose points on ww as you go down. Right now I am just trying to get to my first goal of 129. Can't even believe that is a goal number-oh well. I am trying each week to add in something healthy-for this week it will be 5 days of exercise-next week giving up my 1 coke zero. I have always been an all or nothing type so looking at this as a life style change is a challenge. I tried on capris yesterday that were too big last year so I put them away-yesterday too tight. I can only imagine what they were two weeks ago. I just had a really good breakfast for only 1 sugar /2carbs

2slices of lo-carb ww bread
1 egg/1egg white
cinnamon
sugar free syrup
coffee w/ light cream
It was good french toast and the 2 slices count as only one carb-the sf syrup as one as well!

I can so relate to the fruit. I would eat fruit 3 times a day on Weight Watchers and be a crazy, hungry person. Bananas are my favorite as they do fill you up but.....
Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Good morning! I did well yesterday but got all my sugars and carbs in. When and if I get in the 120's I may drop my carbs down to five-kinda like you lose points on ww as you go down. Right now I am just trying to get to my first goal of 129. Can't even believe that is a goal number-oh well. I am trying each week to add in something healthy-for this week it will be 5 days of exercise-next week giving up my 1 coke zero. I have always been an all or nothing type so looking at this as a life style change is a challenge. I tried on capris yesterday that were too big last year so I put them away-yesterday too tight. I can only imagine what they were two weeks ago. I just had a really good breakfast for only 1 sugar /2carbs

2slices of lo-carb ww bread
1 egg/1egg white
cinnamon
sugar free syrup
coffee w/ light cream
It was good french toast and the 2 slices count as only one carb-the sf syrup as one as well!

I can so relate to the fruit. I would eat fruit 3 times a day on Weight Watchers and be a crazy, hungry person. Bananas are my favorite as they do fill you up but.....
Have a great Sunday!
I know what you mean about the all or nothing thing. This plan sort of feels too NORMAL! Is this what they mean by a healthy approach to eating???!
Sounds like you are doing well. Thanks for posting your menus as it gives me ideas - I am such a boring eater because I suppose I'm afraid of losing control. I decided what I could eat on this plan a few weeks ago and have basically eaten the same stuff ever since!
Oh by the way, drinking a Coke Zero as I type... oops!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Is ther a food list for this diet yet, and is this the same diet in his older books ? I placed a hold on his books at the library so awaiting those. I have all the Callan tapes, at this point in my life tho i know i cant do the super ones, i could when i was way younger Never got the cardio one tho. I wear these exercise fins called zoomers whe i go in the pool, they are great for leg toning. I dislike aerobics. For cardio i can deal with a treadmill( but then i would have to stop at a gym) and swimming, i am not a walker ( too freakin hot here ) My favorite callan dvd is the am/pm one, goes fast and you can do it all at once or twice - it has a 20 min. am-pm version. Great on plan for dropping the coke K,and one thing each week plan, i switched from coke to crystal lite now. Your breakfast looked good C - if you guys post your meals i will get a better idea on this plan. Fat clothes-i tossed most of mine and wear just about the same thing to work everydayi refuse to buy fat clothes, a few cheap items on ebay and hope they fit.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Yellowhair-Hi! Wow your stats are great even though you are not where you want to be. You will get there-we all will.
As cosmic said this does feel normal and I am not sur why -maybe getting the sugar out helps with craving and wanting to eat all day. I am a binge eater and react to stress and then I am off to the races. But so far I feel pretty oin control of my food. There are a lot of choices but no food list. I am sure there will be one in the book-so we are kinda on our own until then. If you google Belly Fat Cure there is a person who did post his menus and S/C values. It may be back in this thread.
Today I am beat as my 12 year old is sick and we were up most of the night. I am the worst when I am tired but did shop last week and have plenty good food on hand.

Here is yesterday's menu-
B-French toast and coffee 1/2
S-2 strips of bacon (not the healthiest but) 0/0
L-salad 0/1 -I count a big salad as 1 carb because of all the veggies-chickens/feta
dressing-2/0
S-sugar free cookies 0/1
D-steak 0/0
spinach salad-1/1
S-sf cookies-0/1
wine-4/0 (2 glasses but bigger than three ounces so I count each as 2 sugars-my downfall)
10/6-wow seems like I ate a lot when it is on paper
Ok the sf cookies not good to have twice but had family over for dinner and they were all eating dessert. The good thing is a carb serving is three small cookies. In the past i would have thought oh well I am off the plan and eaten the whole box. Also I am not sure how legal these are as they are sf but have sugar alchohols. Probably something I should save as treat and not on a daily basis.

Ok -gotta run and call the doctor for my son -have a great day!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning!
Everyone seems to be doing so well!
I am still hanging in there, although I think I would do better if I had a list of allowable foods to refer to, instead of guestimating...I think I'll take a look at the menus that Kimad suggested.

Anyone have any input on tic-tacs? I have to have something for my "dragon breath" - and the label states no sugar/carbs, but I am leery about that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

I saw on another site that if is says sugar free than sugar alchohols are not counted and it is sugar free. But someone mentioned that the body can be tricked into thinking it is sugar so I guess go with what you feel is best. Again I am sure the book will clarify.
Kim